AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 15:42   Link #10761
Inept Forum User

A certain character's comeuppance is definitely something I'm looking forward to. I wonder what form it will take...

Aside from that, I'm curious as to which paths the story will take.

Edit: I wonder if some more of the ceiling will come down (preferably on a certain character's head), seeing as several supporting pillars have been damaged and several explosions set off near it.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2013-03-06 at 16:38.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:07   Link #10762
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
How do you know the total amount of pages? What the special occasion?
From the last page in chapter .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 16:16   Link #10763
Gimpy

I'm looking forward to seeing Fairy Tail kick ass, like they did this chapter. I LOVE this manga! I think Laxus being badass is awesome, Mavis is super cute with a super smart strategy that mostly worked really good. I love Erza's armors and her badass unstoppable fortitude. I love Lucy's attitude; she always gets me emotional. Natus and Grey are hilarious. I love everything! Well, most everything. I do have some minor complaints, but compared to everything else Mashima has done, I can easily overlook them.

RAWR RAWR FAIRY TAIL POWEH!
Gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 19:28   Link #10764
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...all of you need a scolding from Mavis...

*beat*

... except Gimpy - he seems like he'd enjoy it too much...
*calls 10,000 dragons down on Gimpy*

Speaking of an ungodly number of lizards... I do see those guys completely destroying the capital city. As for the why... It can't be because of the Dragon Slayers - Sting and Rogue had been going there for years. Destroying the stage of the 'Feast of the Dragon King' seems like too little too late, especially since Ancologia has already 'ascended' to dragonhood.
Old 2013-03-06, 20:17   Link #10765
kitten320

I'm more looking forward to where the whole time travel thing will take us. Will we actually see some time travelling or some kind of glimpse at alternative reality that future Lucy came from since her story still seems a bit shady to me.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:03   Link #10766
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Several posts have been deleted.

Keep in mind folks that playing the baiting game (were you try to get others angry) is also considered a violation of our rules and anybody that tries to do this will receive a warning/infraction as those that actually fall for it.
Old 2013-03-07, 12:14   Link #10767
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm more looking forward to where the whole time travel thing will take us. Will we actually see some time travelling or some kind of glimpse at alternative reality that future Lucy came from since her story still seems a bit shady to me.
This will probably one of the few times where I won't like the time-travel thing in Mashima's story, initially. I didn't mind it so much in Rave since they had to understand what happened in the past to get the future thing done. But now, they are actively going to the past with the mindset to change it (Eclipse Project) from what it is.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:23   Link #10768
kitten320

I doubt they'll actually go through with it completely or if they do, things might get worse and they'll have to do it again.

Though FT is not time travelling manga so I guess it might be not the case.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:47   Link #10769
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Opinions are fine. You don't have to like things. It is only when one tries to pass off an opinionated dislike as valid criticism where it is not warranted, that we run into problems. One can dislike a hero winning over the villain. It is not okay when one claims a hero winning over the villain is stupid in and of itself. I, myself, am highly negatively opinionated on the FT movie, so it is not like I am cutting FT any slack. See my title.
So you're basically saying "everyone who dislikes what I don't dislike sucks," then present this axiom of how "the hero getting a favorable outcome excuses all writing mistakes" and conclude with apparently "my diploma on hating FT".

Ok so, (1) take a garbage shows, and you're likely to find the hero won in it, take a really good show and the hero likely won there too, so the hero winning is not a factor in determining how well written something is. (2) A critical opinion is always some shade of gray, not black and white, so obviously any opinion is weighted on a per context basis not a per topic basis; therefore any opinion you have outside of that context has very low bearing. eg. I only follow the manga, therefore your opinion on the FT movie is of no concern to me. And (3) your opinion has been taken into consideration and I see no reason to change anything of what I originally inferred with my joke earlier. ie, Erza wasn't cool in this chapter, she was just overpowered.

When I read Fairy Tail I expect to be immersed in the FT world. This requires the characters to be not only likable but also well built thematically. Erza pulling a new armor out of her arse breaks the immersion by making the character enact her own stereotype, rather then having the character embrace the change in the story and move forward in her character development. It's gimmicky, desensitizing us to the character (and by consequence, the word of FT), but worse still: the more it's done, the more likely it is to be done again, the worse it gets, the harder it is to fix.
Old 2013-03-07, 21:42   Link #10770
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
This will probably one of the few times where I won't like the time-travel thing in Mashima's story, initially. I didn't mind it so much in Rave since they had to understand what happened in the past to get the future thing done. But now, they are actively going to the past with the mindset to change it (Eclipse Project) from what it is.
I'm dubious we'll get more time travel than we've already gotten, at least for the time being. If what we've gotten thus far is indeed time travel. "Future" Lucy's story still has some holes in it, Jellal is suspicious of her even without the knowledge that Arcadios has, and accurate visions of the future exist. Even if future Lucy is telling the truth, nothing that we know of now that would stop it involves further time travel.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 21:52   Link #10771
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Yes but the whole point of Eclipse is to go back in time to kill Zeref before he got so powerful. Once FT cleans up all the mess that's happening right now (i.e. the GMG, 10k dragons), then they might proceed with Eclipse's initial purpose. Unless of course, Eclipse gets destroyed somewhere along the "cleaning up" process.
Old 2013-03-07, 22:01   Link #10772
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Yes but the whole point of Eclipse is to go back in time to kill Zeref before he got so powerful. Once FT cleans up all the mess that's happening right now (i.e. the GMG, 10k dragons), then they might proceed with Eclipse's initial purpose. Unless of course, Eclipse gets destroyed somewhere along the "cleaning up" process.
Well if they end up using Eclipse to blast the dragons, it'll be drained, and if Lucy was from the future it'll be damaged as well.

Beyond that while the minister was completely idiotic to imprison Lucy in an attempt to prevent Arcadios's plan (seeing as he was effectively kidnapping her when Arcadios had already tried that, failed, and admitted to it), he did have a point about how they don't know what effect it would have. Say for example that Zeref was indeed responsible for Acnologia's current power, and because of that power Acnologia kill enough anti-human dragons that the tide was turned in the war. Remove Zeref and Acnologia before that happens, and the war ends up going the other way.
Old 2013-03-07, 22:02   Link #10773
kitten320

The problem with Eclipse plan is the fact that if they kill Zeref in the past, lots of things will change. Some of the characters might never even meet or exist to begin with.

What probably would make them travel again to put things back in order.
Old 2013-03-07, 22:52   Link #10774
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
So you're basically saying "everyone who dislikes what I don't dislike sucks," then present this axiom of how "the hero getting a favorable outcome excuses all writing mistakes" and conclude with apparently "my diploma on hating FT".

Ok so, (1) take a garbage shows, and you're likely to find the hero won in it, take a really good show and the hero likely won there too, so the hero winning is not a factor in determining how well written something is. (2) A critical opinion is always some shade of gray, not black and white, so obviously any opinion is weighted on a per context basis not a per topic basis; therefore any opinion you have outside of that context has very low bearing. eg. I only follow the manga, therefore your opinion on the FT movie is of no concern to me. And (3) your opinion has been taken into consideration and I see no reason to change anything of what I originally inferred with my joke earlier. ie, Erza wasn't cool in this chapter, she was just overpowered.

When I read Fairy Tail I expect to be immersed in the FT world. This requires the characters to be not only likable but also well built thematically. Erza pulling a new armor out of her arse breaks the immersion by making the character enact her own stereotype, rather then having the character embrace the change in the story and move forward in her character development. It's gimmicky, desensitizing us to the character (and by consequence, the word of FT), but worse still: the more it's done, the more likely it is to be done again, the worse it gets, the harder it is to fix.
That would be your opinion. One unsupported by the series, I might add. You do realize that Erza has over a hundred different armors and over 200 weapons? If pre-established information breaks your immersion, then I don't see how you can read any story, ever. Because they all establish information that comes back later. And you must really hate Erza, since the first time she showcased any armor, it must have broken your immersion. Such as the first time she used her Heaven's Wheel armor, or the first time she used her Adamantine armor, or the first time she used her Lightning Empress armor...

But I guess, per your own words, you'll stop following this series, then. Because odds are, we are gonna see yet more new armors from her in the future, and according to you, it gets worse everytime that happens. So, this manga will get worse and worse.

I feel your pain, man...
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 22:53   Link #10775
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I just has this nagging feeling that Acnologia is the person to beat, rather than Zeref. Even if he was the Killing Mage, something happened that made him not want to kill anymore. And he was cursed because he wouldn't kill anymore of his own volition (my bet is by Acnologia, for some odd reason, before he went full Dragon). Mavis tried to help him by keeping him on the island, where he couldn't really harm anyone outside the Guild Master of Fairy Tail, who, by knowing about Lumen Historie, also knew the circumstances why Zeref was there in the first place. Of course, if Zeref could island hop, then that renders my thing moot...

Bah, time paradoxes make this so confusing!!!
Old 2013-03-07, 23:20   Link #10776
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
The problem with Eclipse plan is the fact that if they kill Zeref in the past, lots of things will change. Some of the characters might never even meet or exist to begin with.

What probably would make them travel again to put things back in order.
The problem with that is that it assumes that it kind of assumes the Eclipse works both directions, and that it'll have power to send them back and forth twice. Theoretically Ultear could do something as well, but one would think traveling back and forth 400 years in time would be enough to trigger the penalties lost magic tends to have built into them.
Old 2013-03-08, 01:26   Link #10777
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Well I'm going to leave this here.
Old 2013-03-08, 01:52   Link #10778
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Spoiler for 522:
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 02:15   Link #10779
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Spoiler for 522:
Spoiler for 522:
Old 2013-03-08, 02:18   Link #10780
II Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Spoiler for 522:
Nakama Power-Up + Haki, no wonder Sting give up without even trying.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen