AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 12:45   Link #181
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
</drama queen mode>

Anyone else think the translation team killed the anime for the Western fans?

>2ch/Douga sites
"Oh man this is nostalgic, the VAs (Note: Maizono's Kirby in Japan, and Celes was Momo in Tama and Friends, and of course Doraemon etc.) and the BGM and everything. Brings back nice memories of when I cleared the game 2 years ago."
>4chan
"Lol it's so similar the game that it's a rip off and the game's superior in everyway anime's a shit, now I wish they did not follow the game so it's more interesting."

YES I take 4chan to represent Western fans because I think it has a population bigger than here + MAL + ANN combined; besides, I have the feeling that people who experienced the game aren't that supportive of the anime here anyway besides a few people like marvelB etc. Meanwhile my current roommate who has never seen an anime in his life said the episode's pretty interesting when he watched the Chinese sub with me (speaking of which where's English sub? He probably would have a much easier time reading that instead ...), and that Maizono's cute but probably evil; his only complaint is that he can't memorize the names but at least he can identify them by their characteristics. He would probably keep watching it with me until he has to go back to England in a month's time or so.

Hence the conclusion in the introduction </insert this-is-why-we-can't-have-nice-things.jpg here>
Sigh, I will probably follow this series elsewhere; this is utmost disappointing because I got interested in the series here. I can't help but feel people would enjoy it a lot more if they never played the game now (kinda like nobody actually read the novel for Horizon so I don't have to deal with idiots saying how the anime team killed all Kawakami's "personal touch" during season 2).
Well we can't say how much it will copy the game until we have seen the first crime. there is a small chance that they came up with different victims and perpetrators, since the original 1st victim

Spoiler for 1st Victim - demo:

The chance is really small and I don't know if it would be for the better to change character's deaths around, but it would certainly make things more interesting, especially considering how you don't even need to investigation part to figure out how most crimes have happened in the game.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 16:46   Link #182
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Just finished it few hours ago. My PSP finally got some love, after being alone in a closet for months. It was pretty awesome, it held my attention from start to finish. While there are some loose holes that I didn't like, there are two flaws that I had with this game.

Spoiler for Things within the game:

Aside from that, it was superb experience. Hope we all ''get'' the sequel in the future as well. ^^
Old 2013-07-09, 18:00   Link #183
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 18:55   Link #184
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

Aside from that, it was superb experience. Hope we all ''get'' the sequel in the future as well. ^^
Spoiler for Game:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-09, 18:55   Link #185
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Old 2013-07-09, 22:06   Link #186
Shadow5YA

NISA's official site is up:

http://nisamerica.com/games/danganronpa/

I don't know if the titles used on the site are going to be their Super Duper High School titles, but if they are, I can't agree with what they settled for Yamada's title at all.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:25   Link #187
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Spoiler for Game:
Spoiler for game:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 03:23   Link #188
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I don't know if the titles used on the site are going to be their Super Duper High School titles, but if they are, I can't agree with what they settled for Yamada's title at all.
They don't, someone mentioned that it's the same as when the jap version website trailer. To put it simply, the title/name would be different in the game itself.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 05:41   Link #189
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Spoiler for game:
You are aware that I was making an anime-game comparision there though, right?

Because in the Anime they only introduced everyone with one sentence and switched to the next one.
While Naegi had a conversation with them that was a tad longer.

Spoiler for Naegi's question to Celes - game:

While I admit that I might have missed Monokuma explaining the Electro ID in the anime (which would mean I missed it 3 times now cause I was looking for it after your post), the only time I saw something regarding it was Naegi turning it on and his name being diplayed.
A name being displayed is however absolutely different from monokuma stating that it
Spoiler for ElectroID - Game:
, which they said in the game].

I can live with being wrong tough so: where exactly did they state those things? (minute:seconds)

I invite you to prove me wrong though, by telling me where exactly you think they said it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-07-10 at 16:14. Reason: Spoiler tag fixed
Old 2013-07-10, 15:31   Link #190
marvelB

On the subject of the NISA translation of the student's titles, while I'm also unsure of the ones features on the site being the final ones, that DOES remind me that general title used for the elite students will apparently be "Ultimate", rather than SHSL/Super Duper. I do admit that has a certain nice ring to it....

But honestly, I'm more surprised that they stuck with "Monokuma". I figured for certain that a localized Danganronpa would use "Monobear" instead (which Oren's fan translation even uses). Odd choice, if you ask me.
Old 2013-07-10, 16:08   Link #191
OPN

^ Apparently keeping monokumas name and not translating it/changing it was a request from spike.
Old 2013-07-10, 17:34   Link #192
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
On the subject of the NISA translation of the student's titles, while I'm also unsure of the ones features on the site being the final ones, that DOES remind me that general title used for the elite students will apparently be "Ultimate", rather than SHSL/Super Duper. I do admit that has a certain nice ring to it....
As long as they keep in the "High School/High School Level", I think "Ultimate" is fine. Better than "Super Duper" at any rate.
Quote:
But honestly, I'm more surprised that they stuck with "Monokuma". I figured for certain that a localized Danganronpa would use "Monobear" instead (which Oren's fan translation even uses). Odd choice, if you ask me.
It's a pun. "Monokuma" sounds like "Monochrome".
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 19:01   Link #193
Shadow5YA

Quote:
As someone stated before, Monokuma (mo-no-ku-ma) is a play on monochrome (mo-no-ku-rom-mu).

There are also a lot of ingame text such as writings on the wall that would be a chore to change.
Old 2013-07-10, 19:36   Link #194
AC-Phoenix
Detective

A few things I never got were for example how the food came in.
Sure monokuma had a lot of copies, but the vegetables they put there alone would rot within a day or two if not put in the fridge.
Monokuma certainly did it while the cafeteria was closed, thats probably why only the cafeteria got closed at 10pm.
Other stuff is how
Spoiler for Game content:

Old 2013-07-10, 19:47   Link #195
Shadow5YA

Quote:
A few things I never got were for example how the food came in.
Sure monokuma had a lot of copies, but the vegetables they put there alone would rot within a day or two if not put in the fridge.
Monokuma certainly did it while the cafeteria was closed, thats probably why only the cafeteria got closed at 10pm.
Are you forgetting the greenhouse and garden they have on the upper floors? The food didn't come from thin air.
Old 2013-07-10, 19:52   Link #196
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are you forgetting the greenhouse and garden they have on the upper floors? The food didn't come from thin air.
I'd agree if it wasn't for the amounts that were in the kitchen.
Spoiler for Game spoilers inside:

Old 2013-07-10, 19:59   Link #197
Shadow5YA

Quote:
I'd agree if it wasn't for the amounts that were in the kitchen.
Come on. Are you actually telling me you can measure how large the gardening area was to scale?
Old 2013-07-10, 20:13   Link #198
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Come on. Are you actually telling me you can measure how large the gardening area was to scale?
No, but given that the academy had to feed ALL of them (headmaster included) possibly for the rest of their lives some kind of deliveries from time to time would be in order, which Monokuma didn't let happen. Then you can't know how much of the staff survived too and whether they got taken in there too. It takes a while until things grow, and regrow.
And if you don't harvest them the fruits will wither away. That is the reason why i don't think the garden will be sufficient considering how the academy seems to have only 5 floors you can still enter.

On the other hand you could be right, considering how big the Monokuma flower got... must be a special fertilizer.

Old 2013-07-10, 20:23   Link #199
Shadow5YA

Quote:
No, but given that the academy had to feed ALL of them (headmaster included) possibly for the rest of their lives some kind of deliveries from time to time would be in order, which Monokuma didn't let happen. Then you can't know how much of the staff survived too and whether they got taken in there too. It takes a while until things grow, and regrow.
And if you don't harvest them the fruits will wither away. That is the reason why i don't think the garden will be sufficient considering how the academy seems to have only 5 floors you can still enter.

On the other hand you could be right, considering how big the Monokuma flower got... must be a special fertilizer.
They had a perfect air filter and technology to selectively erase a person's memories.

Chihiro created an AI that was essentially human.
Leon's pitching was accurate enough to hit a small button from several meters away.
Sakura's strength is more or less superhuman.

With an academy filled with prodigies and advanced technology to accommodate them, you're wondering how they can mass produce their own vegetables?

Let's not forget that Junko herself is talented enough to do everything, including tanking every single execution ceremony except for the final one.
Old 2013-07-10, 20:43   Link #200
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's a pun. "Monokuma" sounds like "Monochrome".

Quote:
As someone stated before, Monokuma (mo-no-ku-ma) is a play on monochrome (mo-no-ku-rom-mu).

Oh, of course I'm well aware of the pun behind the name. But I just figured that the overseas version would call him "Monobear" or use a different localized name altogether. Kinda like how "Taiho-kun" became "Blue Badger" for the Phoenix Wright series or something (both names being police-related puns).

Not that I'm complaining, though. I just find it surprising that they stuck with the original name, is all. But if that was really a request from the developers, then I'm cool with it.