AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 30 Rating
Perfect 10 24 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 32.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 21.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-10, 10:50   Link #21
karumofin

could someone elaborate more on what was changed form the manga?

generally im really glad that death note has picked up so much momentum again, im liking this new mella/near dynamic a lot more then the disapointing snorefest that was the first arc after light lost his memories.
its very fun to see that the world is starting to side with kira now and that everyone is starting to finally distrust light.
Old 2007-05-10, 10:52   Link #22
Shiori-chan

love this serie so much, cant wait what's gonna happen with near in the next episode
Old 2007-05-10, 11:01   Link #23
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
After all the talk from manga readers about Death Note going downhill after L's death, I am really surprised at just how awesome the series still is.
This episode absolutely rocked, it's as gripping as the the ones in the beginning were.
Old 2007-05-10, 11:55   Link #24
medigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
So, about the name misspelling rule... Why didn't Light die when he wrote down the guy's name in like 10 different ways in Episode 1?
he didnt do it intentionally, and from the looks of it he got the name right after all, since ya know..he died
Old 2007-05-10, 12:36   Link #25
Jaden

Haha Light has gone nuts! Does he really think he can kill N like this? He could just wear a mask or something. And Light flourishes straight on N's face before he even has the name written down.

Ryuk is weird, why does he lie about the rules? He says he isn't on anyone's side but it seems he's a little on Light's side.
Old 2007-05-10, 13:16   Link #26
xXionx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Haha Light has gone nuts! Does he really think he can kill N like this? He could just wear a mask or something. And Light flourishes straight on N's face before he even has the name written down.

Ryuk is weird, why does he lie about the rules? He says he isn't on anyone's side but it seems he's a little on Light's side.
yeah thats really weird. I think for a lie he got enough apples ^^
Old 2007-05-10, 13:30   Link #27
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Ryuk does/says whatever he thinks will make/keep the situation interesting.
Old 2007-05-10, 14:32   Link #28
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Ryuk does/says whatever he thinks will make/keep the situation interesting.
I agree. Ryuk is 100% netural except when it comes to apples
Seems like Death Gods in general have an addiction in the human world:
Ryuk, apples
Sidoh, chocolate
Rem, love ???
Old 2007-05-10, 17:33   Link #29
shakildwz

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
could someone elaborate more on what was changed form the manga?

generally im really glad that death note has picked up so much momentum again, im liking this new mella/near dynamic a lot more then the disapointing snorefest that was the first arc after light lost his memories.
its very fun to see that the world is starting to side with kira now and that everyone is starting to finally distrust light.
Sorry but i'm going to put this in a spoiler tag if anyone decides to go back and read the manga for themselves.

This is for things that happaned in past episodes that was changed from the Manga.

Spoiler for Changed Manga Plot In Prior Episodes:
Old 2007-05-10, 18:47   Link #30
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
So, about the name misspelling rule... Why didn't Light die when he wrote down the guy's name in like 10 different ways in Episode 1?
Base on the rule, If you misspell it 4 times Intentionally you will die. So that means if you know the spelling and just intentionally misspell it you will die. In episode 1 Light wasnt doing it intentionally. I hope that helps .
Old 2007-05-10, 18:49   Link #31
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakildwz View Post
Sorry but i'm going to put this in a spoiler tag if anyone decides to go back and read the manga for themselves.

This is for things that happaned in past episodes that was changed from the Manga.

Spoiler for Changed Manga Plot In Prior Episodes:
oh sorry, i actually just meant this episode, as people are complaining about how it changed. the change you jsut described was great though, leaving it out works perfectly.
the only thing that was a little disapointing though, was the fact that the new shinigami was only there for one episode, i kind of liked him...
Old 2007-05-10, 18:57   Link #32
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
oh sorry, i actually just meant this episode, as people are complaining about how it changed. the change you jsut described was great though, leaving it out works perfectly.
the only thing that was a little disapointing though, was the fact that the new shinigami was only there for one episode, i kind of liked him...
What was supposed to happen was (in spoilers cause I fear for my life):

Spoiler for Episode Changes:
Old 2007-05-10, 19:20   Link #33
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
What was supposed to happen was (in spoilers cause I fear for my life):

Spoiler for Episode Changes:
Spoiler for death... scary...:
Old 2007-05-10, 20:00   Link #34
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Spoiler for death... scary...:
Actually, it is beneficial for Kira in that it shows the public that not even the President is above Kira's justice. If anything, the people will become more devout
Old 2007-05-10, 22:40   Link #35
akoftroy

Well, the President died from suicide in the manga so the public can't be sure that it's Kira. Public doesn't know Kira can kill with non-heart attacks.
Old 2007-05-11, 05:49   Link #36
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuk View Post
I hope they make a dual ending for this show, so that all fans(kira/mello&near) will be happy
MANGA SPOILERS
EDIT by Mod: Spoiler removed

P.S I'm so glad they made Light say "That's it! NEAR has to die..." That was said (in the manga) in their first conversation when Near belittled the 2nd L and it didn't feel good to have that left out.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-05-11 at 10:31. Reason: Even in spoiler tags, manga spoilers from future events are not allowed. Especially if they give away the ending!!
Old 2007-05-11, 05:54   Link #37
poolfan
NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Base on the rule, If you misspell it 4 times Intentionally you will die. So that means if you know the spelling and just intentionally misspell it you will die. In episode 1 Light wasnt doing it intentionally. I hope that helps .
According to the fanbook, Light actually got the name right the very first time.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:28   Link #38
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
After all the talk from manga readers about Death Note going downhill after L's death, I am really surprised at just how awesome the series still is.
This episode absolutely rocked, it's as gripping as the the ones in the beginning were.
Many of those who said the 2nd arc sucked did not even bother reading.
Old 2007-05-11, 13:46   Link #39
Blackage

Errr lotta, people missed what was different between this episode and the manga actually =o In the manga it was about chapter 75-79. Vol 9

Spoiler for Episode Difference:

Last edited by Blackage; 2007-05-11 at 13:50. Reason: typos
Old 2007-05-11, 14:18   Link #40
enerp8

I have doubt in this episode. How does N knoes the rules of the death note? I don't remember anyone tell him the rules...
Closed Thread