AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 30 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 19.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 13.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 12.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-01, 05:56   Link #361
Blaat

Average at best, it would have been below average if it weren't for the lines "What's this pressure" and "Go FUNNELS" (fangs whatever ^^ ). Hopefully this won't be the first of many of recap episodes.

Also its been 20 years since the last female Gundam pilot and what did we get? A loli sounding, oversized breasts pilot; absolutely awful.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 06:17   Link #362
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Also its been 20 years since the last female Gundam pilot
*ehem*

Mudie Holcroft (GAT-X1022 Blu Duel Gundam)- Gundam SEED CE.73 Stargazer (2006)
Lunamaria Hawke (ZGMF-X56S Impulse) - Gundam SEED Destiny (2005)
Stellar Louiser (ZGMF-X88S Gaia, GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam) - Gundam SEED Destiny (2005)
Cagalli Yula Atha (MBF-02 Strike Rouge, ORB-01 Akatsuki) - Gundam SEED / Destiny (2005)

It's hardly been 2 years since out last female Gundam pilots you know ,and then there are the likes of Rain Mikamura and Allenby Beardsley from G Gundam, which was in 1994, only 15 years ago.

This isn't including all the various recent sidestories, novels and mangas out there including Ecole Du Ciel, which has a female Gundam pilot (Asuna Elmarit) as the lead.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2008-02-01 at 07:42. Reason: I almost forgot...
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 07:29   Link #363
Cyclopx

Hi I'm new to this forum but are a avid watcher of Gundam's Series. Now I have a question, has anyone really watched closely to the opening title theme songs from ep14 onwards at about 2min36sec mark. You will see the three throwns units against the earth backdrop. and Virtue firing his GN Gun and all the others Meister firing their guns as well. Watching onwards Kyrios was firing at the GN fangs and almost to the end you will see 1 of the throne firing a beam shot to Exia which he blocked and flied forward. To my conclusion I think that the throne is going to be somewhat Ying and Yang to the original CB team. Where at the end they will duke it out with each other. Does anyone else agree with me here????? Cause everything about them seems very dark, even their Haro has the evil eyes.
Cyclopx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 08:04   Link #364
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopx View Post
Hi I'm new to this forum but are a avid watcher of Gundam's Series. Now I have a question, has anyone really watched closely to the opening title theme songs from ep14 onwards at about 2min36sec mark. You will see the three throwns units against the earth backdrop. and Virtue firing his GN Gun and all the others Meister firing their guns as well. Watching onwards Kyrios was firing at the GN fangs and almost to the end you will see 1 of the throne firing a beam shot to Exia which he blocked and flied forward. To my conclusion I think that the throne is going to be somewhat Ying and Yang to the original CB team. Where at the end they will duke it out with each other. Does anyone else agree with me here????? Cause everything about them seems very dark, even their Haro has the evil eyes.
That's been the general consensus all along

The Episode summaries even back that up.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 08:07   Link #365
Cyclopx

Oo i c.... thanks for clearing that up Zeta Gundam. Just couldn't see any post in respect to it. =)
Old 2008-02-01, 08:10   Link #366
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Very good episode despite the semi-recap. Mainly because it adds to the mystery and new characters.

I think you guys got really into the discussion of comparing it to other Gundam shows well enough (though I think it's almost unnecessary at times, especially when it starts paring down to bashing 00).

Anyone reminded of Lost (the TV show) with Gundam 00 nowadays? It has an underlying mystery (Veda, Observers.... Oceanic Airlines, Dharma, what's the difference? ) Not to forget the intrinsic differences of views within Celestial Being itself.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 08:10   Link #367
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopx View Post
Oo i c.... thanks for clearing that up Zeta Gundam. Just couldn't see any post in respect to it. =)
Nah it's cool.Opinions are always welcome
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 08:55   Link #368
Cyclopx

I must agree with SuperKnuckles in regards to his comments on Ep16. So far I like how all of the different factors of mysteries and new characters and old characters developments are thrown into the mixing pot. Now I guess we just need to watch it simmer =)
Old 2008-02-01, 10:15   Link #369
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Hmmm, I can't believe I didn't think of this, but when Alejandro Corner sits in front of the Celestial Being Observers (as an observer himself) does he appear as himself? In other words are all CB observers sitting in a circular room (Just like Corner) talking to art pieces?? Because I was wondering why he gets to be the one to be seen yet everyone else is hidden...That scenes is prolly some type of VR (Virtual Reality)...So Corner might be Van Gogh's screaming man or something, but with a V-fin face^^...
Old 2008-02-01, 10:43   Link #370
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hmmm, I can't believe I didn't think of this, but when Alejandro Corner sits in front of the Celestial Being Observers (as an observer himself) does he appear as himself? In other words are all CB observers sitting in a circular room (Just like Corner) talking to art pieces?? Because I was wondering why he gets to be the one to be seen yet everyone else is hidden...That scenes is prolly some type of VR (Virtual Reality)...So Corner might be Van Gogh's screaming man or something, but with a V-fin face^^...
Probably so.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 13:43   Link #371
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I don't think they see him I think it's all just voice.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 14:14   Link #372
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So what's keeping them from using VOIP/Ventrilo, and instead having shady here go to some ridiculous building?
Old 2008-02-01, 14:43   Link #373
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
So what's keeping them from using VOIP/Ventrilo, and instead having shady here go to some ridiculous building?
Why? The same reason ANY sufficiently old secret society does anything; tradition, of course! The older the secret society, the more ridiculous the ceremonial requirements. People forget why they did something, but does it anyway because that's just something you had to do.