AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 52.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 06:25   Link #41
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Another great episode!! Hope Takasu gets closer to Ami. :]

Anyone know when new opening/ending is?
Old 2009-01-09, 06:28   Link #42
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Toradora has its shortcomings, but at fourteen episodes and still this strong it's quite difficult to put down, really. Wow.
Old 2009-01-09, 07:06   Link #43
thepik241

Great episode, lots of foreshadowing and character development.

I can see some crazy stuff happening soon...
Old 2009-01-09, 07:38   Link #44
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Liked this episode. And I knew it all along, Kitamura is crushing on the pres. too bad he got rejected though. And Minorin is developing feelings for Ryuuji, and Ami has found her happiness in Ryuuji? D:

so much to absorb....
Old 2009-01-09, 07:58   Link #45
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Honestly, I'd like for J.C. Staff to pursue an anime-original end rather than solely depend on the novels. It would at least allow a break from the expectation that Taiga is going to end up with Ryuuji, and give the other women a chance. Although I may support Ami, it's not about shipping. Don't you simply think it's unfair that simply because the show is named after Taiga, it has to end up with her and Ryuuji? The same thing happened to Suzuka, and I wasn't impressed at all. Aside from allowing a little more excitement, doing so would allow other avenues to exploit.

Just a thought.
Old 2009-01-09, 08:25   Link #46
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

Hey, am I the only one having trouble with coalguy's torrent? I keep getting redirected to M33W's tracker list
Old 2009-01-09, 08:38   Link #47
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Honestly, I'd like for J.C. Staff to pursue an anime-original end rather than solely depend on the novels. It would at least allow a break from the expectation that Taiga is going to end up with Ryuuji, and give the other women a chance. Although I may support Ami, it's not about shipping. Don't you simply think it's unfair that simply because the show is named after Taiga, it has to end up with her and Ryuuji? The same thing happened to Suzuka, and I wasn't impressed at all. Aside from allowing a little more excitement, doing so would allow other avenues to exploit.

Just a thought.
Was the whole "Palmtop Tiger of Happiness" thing anime-only? If it was, then JC Staff should just stick to the novels.

The anime only moments aren't too great, they've been ok and JC Staff has a sketchy record right now with what they get, so they should just ride out the novels until it's done.
Old 2009-01-09, 09:02   Link #48
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No, that was a spin-off from the novels. Not an anime original - even though I quite agree with your opinion of it.

Old 2009-01-09, 09:42   Link #49
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Honestly, I'd like for J.C. Staff to pursue an anime-original end rather than solely depend on the novels. It would at least allow a break from the expectation that Taiga is going to end up with Ryuuji, and give the other women a chance. Although I may support Ami, it's not about shipping. Don't you simply think it's unfair that simply because the show is named after Taiga, it has to end up with her and Ryuuji? The same thing happened to Suzuka, and I wasn't impressed at all. Aside from allowing a little more excitement, doing so would allow other avenues to exploit. Just a thought.
I hope so too. Like, Taiga gathers up her courage and goes looking for Kitamura, only to find him having sex with the student council president. Then she runs away crying and goes to Ryuuji's house, only to find him having a threesome with Minorin and Ami. Then she gives up on mankind and goes home to live with her brothers and sisters in the bears cage at the zoo. That would be the perfect ending.
Old 2009-01-09, 09:51   Link #50
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

DO. NOT. WANT.

Old 2009-01-09, 10:34   Link #51
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

We have seen so much of Taiga already, hope we can have more scenes or EP's on the other two girls too. /especially Ami. lol.

Good EP btw. Seems like Taiga is beginning to be more open about her feelings towards Kitamura more than ever. Though thankfully, Kitamura isn't really taking too much advantage of it. I really wish at least maybe a few EPs between the main girls (w/o Taiga) going after Ryuuji.
Old 2009-01-09, 10:57   Link #52
wistfulloner

Loved how they used certain things to bring out the thoughts and everything. The "touching" part is very well linked with the other characters, especially Ryuji, who wonders why he doesn't get any happiness although he's always with Taiga, and wondering who she'll turn to for happiness. The meat plays a small role, but fleshes out more of Ami's character.

Absolutely wonderful how JC staff has blended in the spin-off to create a more elegant start to the arc; the so-called fillers in the episode make the story much more meaningful than ever. 9/10 for me.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:11   Link #53
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:

Just a thought.
And the epic battle between original-story-purists and non-canon-lovers starts once again.

Well, I only care for great text - if somehow [I'm skeptical about it, honestly] JCStaff comes with a memorable end, good for them and for us.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:12   Link #54
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a subtly beautiful episode in every sense...Nothing earth shattering like the last few episodes just a lovely little collection of character interactions.

Glad to see their still doing well at balancing the comedy and more serious aspects of everyones personality.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-01-09, 11:27   Link #55
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_ View Post
And the epic battle between original-story-purists and non-canon-lovers starts once again.

Well, I only care for great text - if somehow [I'm skeptical about it, honestly] JCStaff comes with a memorable end, good for them and for us.
You seem to think of me as a firestarter, or troll. I'm not. I don't mind if the anime stuck with the original novels, but I also won't mind if they changed stuff. If they bring something novel and memorable, yet scintillating and coruscating with brilliance, I won't mind that.

It's not about whether I'm for Ami or not. But a change would also be nice.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:56   Link #56
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
You seem to think of me as a firestarter, or troll. I'm not. I don't mind if the anime stuck with the original novels, but I also won't mind if they changed stuff. If they bring something novel and memorable, yet scintillating and coruscating with brilliance, I won't mind that.

It's not about whether I'm for Ami or not. But a change would also be nice.
Man, take it easy, I'm just not so serious in the first line.

I agree with you in the my post, read it again. I just think that your post maybe starts the 'epic battle' again.

JCStaff has a tough question ahead - how to end this series? It's virtually impossible to make a 2nd Season with novel stuff [and make a end like ZnT or Kannagi], but they really want to end here, with a moderate sucess in their hands? God only knows...
Old 2009-01-09, 11:56   Link #57
Ottocycle

Did Horie just do a Wakamoto impression during her YuGiOh spoof? Wow.

And Kugimiya showed a new side to her own voice during the "She has 3 pairs of boobs! I Saw Them!" scene, for that underlined part.

And of course that just topped off a great episode with a whole lot of fun.
Old 2009-01-09, 12:08   Link #58
Traece
:cool:

Well I must say to begin with, that this episode was an absolute 10/10 for me.

I actually thought it was very cute with all the characters running around and attempting to pray on this rumor about Taiga. But then while she's distracted and away from Ryuuji, he gets closer to the girls that like him more and more each time. I'm actually suspecting that must be a pattern I've never fully noticed until now, of Ryuuji attracting two other girls whenever Taiga isn't watching over him. Between the two of them, I'm actually rooting for Ami now that she's not such a bad person. She seems to be a much nicer person and I would actually hang out with her willingly now that she's sort of turned a new leaf. Plus, what she said to the teacher was very nice of her since I was starting to worry the poor girl would up and kill herself xD!

The really interesting thing though is that it seems something is going on with Kitamura that hasn't quite been revealed. I'm willing to bet that the President is really in to him, and he knows it. But who knows right (Manga people do... But I don't want them telling me).

I'm excited to see what happens NEXT WEEK! And congrats to Tomiie-kun on his new and hopefully long-lasting romance! Such a cute couple. =D
Old 2009-01-09, 12:35   Link #59
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

A very good episode, not as much as the previous one but the situation was very different.

I readed many post saying than JC Staff scrapped show when they start being creative, but for now they have done nothing wrong . Let's hope it will continue that way.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:43   Link #60
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

I practically laughed, REALLY FSCKING HARD when Minorin went "ORAORAORAORAORAORA!!!!!!!!!!!"