1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-12, 18:58   Link #61
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, won't smaller parts would cause durability issues?

Would be funny if someone use Real grade models, high performance and mobility, but broke easily.
That sounds like putting a proper ZZ and Ex-S into the game. Those things have more parts than the Empire State Jigsaw!
Old 2013-11-12, 20:46   Link #62
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I would just make a high mobility melee suit with a metal anti ship sword and metal shield the way beam shots are treated in this series perfect example dodging x maoh beam shot. Tank shot with shield close in and cut mobile suit in half simple enough.

Take ex-s gundam best variant slap on a anti ship sword coat it with some metal add a metal shield and you have the most op unit in this game.
Not quite, the sword and shield will still require some of bandai's plastic in order to register with the plavsky particles

Also I would rather integrate the metal into the MS itself, that way there is much better coverage for tanking

Then we would have a real contender xD (it would be a hell of a lot of work to build though, and Im not too sure whether the game factor in the Gunpla's weight, and if it did it would render too much metal more of a downside than upside in the case of a high speed melee unit)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 20:54   Link #63
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

They WILL require a lot of plastic, period. Remember the only 'metal parts' in Strike Build is inner rifle barrel, even the chobham shield is multiple layer of plastic mashed together.

It'll be hilarious if someone is using razor-thin (not razor sharp) metal plates though.
Old 2013-11-13, 00:26   Link #64
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I was thinking that since you need the special plastic for limb movement, why not reduce the limb movement!?

What I mean is, how does a HGUC Ball, no cannons, no claws, no extensions, just the Ball cockpit. Reinforced with metal and then reinforced with plastic again. You'll have a high-speed sphere of destruction whose only attack is physical demolition. High evasion and absolutely no weakness as you ricochet across battlefields! Or if you're really concerned, then use the 1/144 RG pilot figure with a small bazooka as your unit. Enemies won't even be able to see you if you're playing in the space terrain. Or what about a Fortress mode Psyco Gundam with EX Model Archangel's cannons and railguns attached all over the unit. Hell, I think a RG Skygrasper with Beam Smart Gun glued underneath and beam sabers sticked onto the wings kamikaze-style would also be possible. Man, I'm coming out with all these stupid ideas...

On-topic, the episode was great, we got not one but two battles. The Gyan Gya Gyan was cute but not good enough for World Tournament. It is the Zaku Amazing VS Build Strike which got me really hooked. I like these kinda fights where everything is at stake, and it did not disappoint at all, especially the way everyone reacts after the battle. I did wish it was set on a bigger stage where a lot of people could come and witness a fight of such intensity but since the major players are already there, it was acceptable as well. That one battle just makes me more excited on upcoming major battles and they didn't even drag it over 2 episodes or more like most shounen animes.

I think Sei will continue using his Build Strike, just that the backpacks would be different. I say this because the Gunpla advertisement's upcoming suits shows 3 silhouette that looks like Build Strike Gundam.

Last edited by Aurelis; 2013-11-13 at 00:41.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 01:29   Link #65
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAboy 456 View Post
So, the voice actress that did Yurin in Gundam AGE is back into the Gundam world...

Wait a minute, that means Yurin did not die when her MS got destroyed, but was picked up by someone, only to put her into cold sleep, and brainwash her into Aila...
Old 2013-11-13, 01:57   Link #66
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
I was thinking that since you need the special plastic for limb movement, why not reduce the limb movement!?

What I mean is, how does a HGUC Ball, no cannons, no claws, no extensions, just the Ball cockpit. Reinforced with metal and then reinforced with plastic again. You'll have a high-speed sphere of destruction whose only attack is physical demolition. High evasion and absolutely no weakness as you ricochet across battlefields! Or if you're really concerned, then use the 1/144 RG pilot figure with a small bazooka as your unit. Enemies won't even be able to see you if you're playing in the space terrain. Or what about a Fortress mode Psyco Gundam with EX Model Archangel's cannons and railguns attached all over the unit. Hell, I think a RG Skygrasper with Beam Smart Gun glued underneath and beam sabers sticked onto the wings kamikaze-style would also be possible. Man, I'm coming out with all these stupid ideas...

I think Sei will continue using his Build Strike, just that the backpacks would be different. I say this because the Gunpla advertisement's upcoming suits shows 3 silhouette that looks like Build Strike Gundam.
Im sure there are restrictions and rules on what you can and cannot do in terms of your gunpla, otherwise as much of us on here have speculated you can go extremely overboard with what you can do.

On the build strike in the gunpla advertisement, actually its not really an indicator, the build strike shadows are just there to show that the particular slot for that month (yes bandai have a gunpla release schedule, typically 1-3 HGs and a MG) is going to be X (random variabe, not the X gundam lol) BF kit. For example since episode 5 aired they filled in one of the slots with the X Maou.

The remainders will be the rest of the announced kits: Build Mk.II, Bearguy III, Wing Gundam Fenice, and Sengoku Astray
Old 2013-11-13, 03:13   Link #67
Blazer-X

Just a thought, but Build Strike has three primary weapons, yes? Beam Rifle (first weapon) and the BFG, which is implied in-universe to be inspired by Gundam X Maoh's Satellite Cannon (Sei builds them right after the imaginary battle with Gundam X Maoh). The third weapon is a Beam Pistol, and at the end of this episode, Sei mentions how Yuuki and Mao's Gunplas have filled him up with ideas.

Anyone else think that the Beam Pistol is going to be inspired by Zaku Amazing's revolvers?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 04:34   Link #68
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Just a thought, but Build Strike has three primary weapons, yes? Beam Rifle (first weapon) and the BFG, which is implied in-universe to be inspired by Gundam X Maoh's Satellite Cannon (Sei builds them right after the imaginary battle with Gundam X Maoh). The third weapon is a Beam Pistol, and at the end of this episode, Sei mentions how Yuuki and Mao's Gunplas have filled him up with ideas.

Anyone else think that the Beam Pistol is going to be inspired by Zaku Amazing's revolvers?
Not too sure how that would work though as a standard beam pistol would work better than a revolver, as a revolver shots are much more limited (5-7, going by irl firearms)

Unless we are going for the "cool" factor here, because revolvers are established badass weapons lol
Old 2013-11-13, 04:51   Link #69
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Im sure there are restrictions and rules on what you can and cannot do in terms of your gunpla, otherwise as much of us on here have speculated you can go extremely overboard with what you can do.

On the build strike in the gunpla advertisement, actually its not really an indicator, the build strike shadows are just there to show that the particular slot for that month (yes bandai have a gunpla release schedule, typically 1-3 HGs and a MG) is going to be X (random variabe, not the X gundam lol) BF kit. For example since episode 5 aired they filled in one of the slots with the X Maou.

The remainders will be the rest of the announced kits: Build Mk.II, Bearguy III, Wing Gundam Fenice, and Sengoku Astray
Haha, I'm sure Bandai's QC team would also not let such designs be associated with the word Gundam.

Thanks for the clarification on using the silhouette as a placeholder. I was kinda dreading more backpacks for Build Strike as it didn't seem really creative. Here's hoping that the custom Qubeley makes it on the kit list.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 04:59   Link #70
Skye629

Quote:
Haha, I'm sure Bandai's QC team would also not let such designs be associated with the word Gundam.

Thanks for the clarification on using the silhouette as a placeholder. I was kinda dreading more backpacks for Build Strike as it didn't seem really creative. Here's hoping that the custom Qubeley makes it on the kit list.
I would not be surprised at all though if the Build Strike came back with a new or updated pack, its just purely in the nature of the Strike to have different packs and load outs (its signature feature)

Im totally with you on the Quebeley Papillion, its such an awesome design imo
Old 2013-11-13, 05:00   Link #71
Blazer-X

Quote:

Custom Quebeley and all the "major character" Gunpla are practically guaranteed to get HGs. Remember, this is HG we're talking about. Even a handful of MSVs makes it in every series.

Now, whether or not Gyan Gya Gyan is getting a similar treatment is an entirely different story.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 17:38   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm glad I got over my initial bias against this series. It's been highly enjoyable so far. It's a joy to see all those old Mobile Suits animated again, some of them are even performing better than they did in their own series. It's a pure treat for Gundam fans. The battle in this episode was amazing. It was the kind of fight you usually only see on final episodes, but it's only the sixth one. This bodes well for the future.

On a different note, Rinko is MILF of the year. Can't wait for the next episodes
Old 2013-11-14, 01:27   Link #73
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
I believe weight would also be a factor on MS's mobility. Less plastic means less exposure to the particle, which could reduce MS's mobility. Zaku's Amazing is using tank part for its armor, and from what I remember, it's stated as a slow and heavy MS.
Old 2013-11-16, 17:21   Link #74
Frontier

A really awesome episode of Build Fighters !

It was nice to see Reiji come to realize that, even with his obsession with beating Yuuki and his general apathy towards the Gundam Franchise, that he's genuinely come to appreciate and respect the sport of Gunpla Battles.

Lots of nice, funny moments with Rinko. She certainly enjoyed the fact that her son had a girl friend come over to the house .

The real highlight of the episode though, was definitely the showdown between the Build Strike and the Zaku Amazing. I thought the choreography and animation for it was stellar, and I was at the edge of my seat all throughout, in much the same way I was for the first fight with the Zaku Amazing. It was also very brutal, with both Gunpla's tearing each other apart, though with the Amazing still leading the fight. And I may have just forgotten, but when was it stated that the Zaku Amazing could reform into a Mobile Amor ?

Ral, once again showing up out of nowhere to deal out advice. Can't wait to see how he'll randomly turn up in the beach episode .

So, despite putting up a heck of a fight, Sei and Reiji still aren't quite up to Yuuki's level. And with Build Fighters being a two-cour, I'm very much looking forward to their continued growth and eventual rematch with Yuuki .

Sazaki didn't do too bad for his fight, though that's likely more because Reiji just wasn't focused during the battle. The GyanGyaGyan was pretty cool.

We finally have an explanation for the Build Mark II; it's the Build Strikes successor unit since the Strike is way too torn up to compete for a while. Shame we didn't get a proper debut fight with it though, and it doesn't look like the next episode will get to show it off much either. I wonder how much action the Mark II will get until Sei rebuilds the Build Strike? And speaking of, I'm very interested to see how Sei improves and upgrades on the latter.

Nice to see both Gonda and Mihoshi make reappearances.

We finally get to meet Aira, and she seems to have an eye for Gunpla battles, though whether that's a source of conditioning or actual psychic powers is still up in the air. Her plot as well as Yuuki's plot will likely be part of the main story for Build Fighters going forward. It's also nice to see Saori Hayami back in Gundam, though its a shame she's one of the few Age VA's offered that luxury .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-01-22 at 13:14.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 18:41   Link #75
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
A really awesome episode of Build Fighters !

It was nice to see Reiji come to realize that, even with his obsession with beating Yuuki and his general apathy towards the Gundam Franchise, that he's genuinely come to appreciate and respect the sport of Gunpla Battles.

Lots of nice, funny moments with Rinko. She certainly enjoyed the fact that her son had a girl friend come over to the house .

The real highlight of the episode though, was definitely the showdown between the Build Strike and the Zaku Amazing. I thought the choreography and animation for it was stellar, and I was at the edge of my seat all throughout, in much the same way I was for the first fight with the Zaku Amazing. It was also very brutal, with both Gunpla's tearing each other apart, though with the Amazing still leading the fight. And I may have just forgotten, but when was it stated that the Zaku Amazing could reform into a Mobile Amor ?

Ral, once again showing up out of nowhere to deal out advice. Can't wait to see how he'll randomly turn up in the beach episode .

So, despite putting up a heck of a fight, Sei and Reiji still aren't quite up to Yuuki's level. And with Build Fighters being a two-cour, I'm very much looking forward to their continued growth and eventual rematch with Yuuki .

Sazaki didn't do too bad for his fight, though that's likely more because Reiji just wasn't focused during the battle. The GyanGyaGyan was pretty cool.

We finally have an explanation for the Build Mark II, it's the Build Strikes successor unit since the Strike is way too torn up to compete for a while. Shame we didn't get a proper debut fight with it though, and it doesn't look like the next episode will get to show it off much either. I wonder how much action the Mark II will get until Sei rebuilds the Build Strike? And speaking of, I'm very interested to see how Sei improves and upgrades on the Build Strike.

Nice to see both Gonda and Mihoshi make reappearances.

We finally get to meet Aira, and she seems to have an eye for Gunpla battles, though whether thats a source of conditioning or actual psychic powers is still up in the air. Her plot as well as Yuuki's plot will likely be part of the main plot for Build Fighters going forward. It's also nice to see Saori Hayami back in Gundam, though its a shame she's one of the few Age VA's offered that luxury .
It was never stated in show, so anyone who does not follow actual gunpla news, would not have been expecting it

People like me, for whom gunpla is a hobby, this was known since the model kits were announced/displayed (September in this case)

Hope that cleared it up, you probably heard about it somewhere on here before the episode aired
Old 2013-11-16, 22:35   Link #76
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And I may have just forgotten, but when was it stated that the Zaku Amazing could reform into a Mobile Amor ?
That's not the Zaku Amazing reforming into a Mobile Armor. The Zaku Amazing has its own Booster, the same as the Build Strike's Build Booster, but instead of being a single craft it's made of several parts from the Zaku Amazing's add-ons. This thing basically:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-16, 23:45   Link #77
Frontier

Oh! Cool .
Old 2013-11-17, 22:38   Link #78
BoyTitan

Quote:

On-topic, the episode was great, we got not one but two battles. The Gyan Gya Gyan was cute but not good enough for World Tournament. It is the Zaku Amazing VS Build Strike which got me really hooked. I like these kinda fights where everything is at stake, and it did not disappoint at all, especially the way everyone reacts after the battle. I did wish it was set on a bigger stage where a lot of people could come and witness a fight of such intensity but since the major players are already there, it was acceptable as well. That one battle just makes me more excited on upcoming major battles and they didn't even drag it over 2 episodes or more like most shounen animes.

I freaking love the ball idea. Can you put missile pods on the ball ?
Old 2013-11-18, 19:17   Link #79
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
I freaking love the ball idea. Can you put missile pods on the ball ?
Yeah, why not?
Old 2013-11-18, 23:05   Link #80
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm rewatching episode again

for unexplainable reason I almost cried