AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-13, 16:39   Link #201
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Short question, when is Akito suppose to take place? During R1, between R1&R2, during R2 or after R2?
Last I read it takes place after R1 and before R2. Dunno if that changed though.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 23:31   Link #202
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I thought it was after R1 started and before R2 finished
Old 2012-05-14, 00:50   Link #203
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's during R1, or so Duckroll says.
Old 2012-05-14, 04:20   Link #204
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Or maybe it will start before Zero birth and the story will end when Zero will do his first appearance to the world.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 08:28   Link #205
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Short question, when is Akito suppose to take place? During R1, between R1&R2, during R2 or after R2?
From the Code Geass wikia
Quote:
The side story takes place in 2017 a.t.b., around the time Lelouch took on the alter-ego “Zero” and built up his “Black Knights” rebellion army. The setting is in Europe, where the Euro Universe (E.U.) allied nations are being invaded by the overwhelming forces of the Holy Britannian Empire.
So roughly at the same time as R1 as we've already seen Cornelia begin to take her reign for Britannina in the E.U. during R1 and they had just finished in R2 with Suzaku and Schneizel. In Akito they had just started invading

Last edited by ChocoBar9; 2012-05-14 at 10:47.
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 10:49   Link #206
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://geass.jp/akito/world.html

The official site itself says that the story takes place during the Black Rebellion in 2017. So yes, it takes place during R1.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 08:52   Link #207
maximilianjenus
[E]

When did they change that ? I remember reading that this happened 10 years after R2
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 09:29   Link #208
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
When did they change that ? I remember reading that this happened 10 years after R2
They never changed it. It was always built as a prequel series from the get go since it's tentative title Code Geass Gaiden back in 2009. You probably must have heard it from somewhere else
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-15, 09:47   Link #209
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
^lol, never, even the very first teaser said the events were taking place 2017 atb
Old 2012-05-18, 09:53   Link #210
rinichan

I found the 3 PV's to refresh our minds....
I reuploaded them for safekeeping.... vids not mine...

PV1 - from Kiseki no tanjoubi Picture Drama (2009)
PV2 - from recent Jan 2012 live web announcement/DVD bonus
PV3 - from biglobe(???) recent
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 08:36   Link #211
Destined_Fate

So that tomboyish girl uses a katana and so does the main character? Anyone else hoping to see them clashing a few times at least? From the way they're promoting things I have no doubt they'll drop a Love Triangle in this between the MC, the tomboy, and the traitor. Maybe to mimic the Lelouch, Kallen, and C.C. triangle even if C.C. wasn't ever interested in Lelouch in "that" way but like that stopped the shippers.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:30   Link #212
rinichan

the one that should be ask for this thread is who is the Geass giver in Europe? it couldnt be VV (is in China or Britannia) and CC (is in Japan) since they stated that this is around the time of 2017, we just dont know if its before or after black rebbellion....

a lot of people guess that CC and VV... two immortals are not alone... there are others as well
(just only a theory of the web not entirely mine)

we have a clue that this girl Anna is studying geass or is she the one with geass before reira???

and how does akito will have geass?

afterall the show is named on him, he should have received geass...

Now If anyone from this thread post a timeline based on the events
I will be really happy...
lets make a code geass timeline...
Old 2012-05-27, 22:13   Link #213
Xander

I guess I could write a long and nuanced reflection on the subject of romance in both seasons of Code Geass, but everybody knows there is no relationship in the series that can possibly match the passion and depth of Nina x Table, so I won't. Then again, I suppose it's still worth talking about the future, so I'd rather focus on a different angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I only hope that the writer of Akito can pull off the same level of writing skill required to continously have romantic tension and ambiquity between characters while at the same time still informing the viewer of who loves whom.
Going by Kazuki Akane's existing record, since he is both directing and co-writing the new Akito OVA, I would say there will probably be a lot of tension as the romance builds up but significantly less ambiguity in terms of reaching a conclusion. Most of his past works, whether or not they involved a love triangle, have definitely provided unambiguous answers with respect to how the main characters felt about their significant others.

Quote:
I wonder, will Akito suffer the same kind of emotional torment as Lelouch did?
Will there be a relationship between Akito and Layla?
Will it be tragic?
I'm anxious to have a look at the new series (as I'm sure we all are) to see how it will measure up.
Well, without spoiling anything in particular...I wouldn't necessarily expect a textbook happy ending where the "prince" marries the "princess" and they live happily ever after either. As much as romance tends to eventually become more explicit and central to the stories of his shows, Akane also seems to like the idea of at least temporarily separating the two lovers even after everything they've experienced. Perhaps Akito will be different, that's entirely possible since there's always room for variety, but maybe it won't.

It's almost certain that a significant percentage of the team assembled by Layla will die by the end of the OVA though, considering they have been repeating that the mission has a very low chance of survival in all the promotional materials. Whether or not this means all the relationships will be tragic is, of course, up for debate. I wouldn't be automatically opposed to that, mind you, as long as the execution is adequate. But my personal opinion is that I'd prefer something a little lighter this time around.

That said, it should be interesting to see a male protagonist in the Code Geass property who isn't in a position of authority and has to take orders from his apparent love interest for a change. Shirley was a civilian, Kallen was Zero's subordinate and C.C., despite being more autonomous whenever she really cared about something or someone, wasn't trying to be a consistent part of an organized military effort and thus had very little initiative within that field. You could argue there was a tiny little bit of precedent between Euphemia and Suzaku, at least while that lasted, but it was less important than Lelouch's relationships in terms of screen time and Euphie was generally far too removed from military affairs other than occasionally showing up as an observer. In Akito, Layla is already an officer and should be more proactive than that.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 04:13   Link #214
Xander

Quote:
I also find the new CG KMF battles to be less than appealing.
Sunrise can do better than that, and I'm hoping that these scenes are for promotion only and not what will be typical of the anime itself.
It reminds me too much of Divergence Eve's style of CG mecha combat sequences and I found those to be clunky and annoying as hell.
We'll have to see what happens. They still have an opportunity to tweak it, but I'm not too bothered by the 3-D CGI in the trailer. I've decided to accept it.

Naturally, I'd sincerely wish we had traditional animation all across the board, but that's not going to happen so I might as well get used to reality.

Now, even though this is always going to be a matter of personal preference, the cel-shaded models look considerably detailed and the cinematography is action-oriented without making it impossible to tell what's going on. I don't think it's any worse than that of Macross Frontier, for example, and it certainly looks quite a bit better than what Sunrise did with the Votoms OVAs even as late as 1-2 years ago. Which, in any event, I managed to watch all the same.

I wouldn't compare it to something with a much higher budget like Gundam Unicorn, of course, but even in that case there are people who still dislike even a limited use of CGI. There's certainly no real way to please everyone about this sort of issue, so what ultimately matters to me is whether or not we will get to see a tactically or strategically interesting set of scenarios, regardless of the presence of 3-D animation. Right now we have only seen a couple of fight scenes but their context is lacking.

On the bright side, I suppose the use of CGI also frees up resources for the rest of the OVA's animation, which appears to look very nice so far.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 07:56   Link #215
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
[mod edit: irrelevant/off-topic portions removed]

Akito looks like it holds some promise.
I do hope they change the CG though, the battle sequences I've seen do not look promising.
I don't like the "shaky, fast" look that the trialer has.
Not my taste.
The director did Escaflowne so I do have some hope...

Also Layla....seriously reminds me of Jin Kisaragi or Noel from Blazblue...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-28 at 18:39.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 09:36   Link #216
rinichan

Now I am happy... I think Akito will not get the same treatment as Code Geass Lelouch, coz Akane is the type of director that is good in the pairing business...
You'll get this feeling that he and she (the characters) are going well together, then one scene we'll be canon suddenly (the feeling i felt from Escaflowne)... yes 80% much of fans that is gonna ship (characters) will be trolled .....
but s/he doesnt leave his/her audience blank, unlike CG lelouch, where up to this day most of the fans are still arguing over the ending... (there are people who dont believe in press materials/ there are people who want it animated straight to the point that leds Picture drama, and other side materials selling hot till now)......

based on the looks...
Right now I am liking the Ayano

and the Anne girl...

Even though I dont know anything about them...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-28 at 18:38. Reason: removed off-topic
Old 2012-05-28, 10:39   Link #217
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
We'll have to see what happens. They still have an opportunity to tweak it, but I'm not too bothered by the 3-D CGI in the trailer. I've decided to accept it.

Naturally, I'd sincerely wish we had traditional animation all across the board, but that's not going to happen so I might as well get used to reality.

Now, even though this is always going to be a matter of personal preference, the cel-shaded models look considerably detailed and the cinematography is action-oriented without making it impossible to tell what's going on. I don't think it's any worse than that of Macross Frontier, for example, and it certainly looks quite a bit better than what Sunrise did with the Votoms OVAs even as late as 1-2 years ago. Which, in any event, I managed to watch all the same.

I wouldn't compare it to something with a much higher budget like Gundam Unicorn, of course, but even in that case there are people who still dislike even a limited use of CGI. There's certainly no real way to please everyone about this sort of issue, so what ultimately matters to me is whether or not we will get to see a tactically or strategically interesting set of scenarios, regardless of the presence of 3-D animation. Right now we have only seen a couple of fight scenes but their context is lacking.

On the bright side, I suppose the use of CGI also frees up resources for the rest of the OVA's animation, which appears to look very nice so far.
I'm hoping that Sunrise will make the mecha combat scenes from Akito more like what we got in Gundam Unicorn. Those CGI sequences were sweet. I hate the new trend in cinema where everything is flashing back and forth from one end of the viewer's perspective to another.
It may be for "realistic" effect, but it just annoys the heck out of me.
I don't need realism, I just want to watch the show, not live it.

Hopefully they'll clean it up a bit during the production.
Otherwise I may have to just grin and bear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The director did Escaflowne so I do have some hope...

Also Layla....seriously reminds me of Jin Kisaragi or Noel from Blazblue...
Interesting observations.
Layla does somewhat resemble Noel from Blazblue.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-28 at 18:37. Reason: removed off-topic
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 18:31   Link #218
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to make it clear that the pointless shipping war that has gone on in this thread needs to stop. If people allow it to flare up again, bans will be issued. Action may still be taken on some of the previous off-topic posts to this point.
Old 2012-06-01, 04:20   Link #219
konart

Just a reminder: there will be a live show today on http://www.bandainamcolive.tv/, with some new info on Akito. The time is 20:00(GMT+9)
Old 2012-06-01, 04:57   Link #220
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Just a reminder: there will be a live show today on http://www.bandainamcolive.tv/, with some new info on Akito. The time is 20:00(GMT+9)
chance are region block is .......

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote