AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-01-08, 10:17   Link #61
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Pretty generic, I'd say. Not making my list.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 10:44   Link #62
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The OP visual is nice but the song's melody sounds so random.

The gunfight is pretty generic but the the skirt-machine gun is amusing. And since I'm not a gun-buff, the girls name being serial numbers are not appealing to me, but I'll get past that if the characters are well written. I'll see how the commander performs before deciding to drop it or continue. One of the reasons I immediately dropped Takt Op was because the MC who commanded the girl-weapon was bad since episode 1. Chihaya Gunzou he was not.
Old 2022-01-08, 18:36   Link #63
wissenschaft

The gacha's story takes a while to get going so the anime is going to start off as a slow build since it's following the story closely. Just like the manga. Because of this I think most people are going to drop the anime before the story can pick up.

Ah well, I guess this anime is just for the gacha fans who want to see the story animated.
Old 2022-01-08, 18:51   Link #64
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
so main characters names are based on M16/M4 Rifle Variants.

AR15 is civilian version of M16 iirc

promising start
The dolls are named of the gun they are issued. Its akin to just giving them a number as a name. These dolls are just equiped with whatever weapon the Griffin PMC gets it hands on.
Old 2022-01-08, 23:16   Link #65
Tenzen12

Need to say majority of dolls had actual names before joining Griffin. but they take name of weapon because it's easier sacrifice IDW then Betty.
Old 2022-01-10, 21:18   Link #66
beruga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
The gacha's story takes a while to get going so the anime is going to start off as a slow build since it's following the story closely. Just like the manga. Because of this I think most people are going to drop the anime before the story can pick up.

Ah well, I guess this anime is just for the gacha fans who want to see the story animated.
Rearranging the timeline or foreshadowing some of the juicier bits could've helped reel in new viewers I think, regardless I'm just looking forward to seeing the characters and story from the game animated.

Although I'm not into that type of music, I'm addicted to the opening
beruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 11:26   Link #67
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
The dolls are named of the gun they are issued. Its akin to just giving them a number as a name. These dolls are just equiped with whatever weapon the Griffin PMC gets it hands on.
Wait, did the lore change or something? I distinctly remember it's not "These dolls are just equiped with whatever weapon the Griffin PMC gets it hands on" in the game.
Old 2022-01-11, 11:45   Link #68
Tenzen12

Well, G&K has quite lot of money and connection so they can get hands on practicaly any legaly accessible weapon. Dolls are then equipped with ones they best suited to.
Old 2022-01-11, 19:43   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I never played Girls' Frontline, but I have played/watched Azur Lane, and watched Kancolle.

With those two anime being comparables for me, here are my pros and cons for episode 1

Pros:

OP is wonderful. I love it!
Lead girl (the Captain) is likeable.
The higher-end antagonists having personalities is good to see, and leads to more compelling action scenes, imo.
The visuals are cool-looking.

Cons:

The bgm is pretty good, but is overly loud at times, sometime drowning out character voices a bit.
The character designs aren't ugly, but they don't stand out from another like the character designs in Azur Lane and Kancolle did, imo.
Like Obelisk ze Tormentor, I'm not a gun-buff, so the characters having gun-based "names" is going to make it harder for me to connect with them. In fact, if Episodes 2 and 3 manage to maintain my interest, I might just name these characters myself in order to keep them straight in my mind.

Overall, it was a decent Episode 1, lifted up some by a great OP.
Old 2022-01-12, 06:55   Link #70
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Mikako Komatsu gets introduced to airsoft.

Looks like Warner Japan is doing this to promote GF for Japan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-14, 12:54   Link #71
Tenzen12

Yeah, that wasn't great. Nor good. It wasn't even average. Whoever directed this episode should return to school.
Old 2022-01-15, 03:33   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
WTF?

Saw the UMP in there despite the T-doll of the same name not being there.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 04:36   Link #73
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Need to say majority of dolls had actual names before joining Griffin. but they take name of weapon because it's easier sacrifice IDW then Betty.
thanks all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah, that wasn't great. Nor good. It wasn't even average. Whoever directed this episode should return to school.
ep2

I thought it was good episode.

The new Commander (Gentiane) just getting her feet wet, on how to command a actual Squad instead of simulation.

Another antagonist who doesn't like M4, looking forward to it!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 04:57   Link #74
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
That episode was boooooriiiing, and terrible in term of composition. 1 more like this and i may drop this until i decide to marathon it. I am way too spoiled by Stand Alone Complex series that raised my expectations high when it comes to make tacticool cool.

Shame, because I know the story really get good at some point. But the director is failing to sell it. ED is a earworm but if it was alone to salvage a series, we would have more 7.5 or 8/10 series then.

EDIT: Just realized that the story parts with Ai Kayano's characters got rewritten.

Last edited by Sheba; 2022-01-15 at 11:27.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 16:28   Link #75
Chosen_Hero

Why would you ever give your disposable and mass produced robots the ability to eat? Does it serve an actual purpose or is it just an excuse to have them eat cake, crepes and sweets like in every other anime?
Old 2022-01-15, 18:41   Link #76
Tenzen12

Well, they are all civilian models so it makes sense they are human-like. FNC was pattisier for example and I guess that's also why taste might be pretty important for her model.
Old 2022-01-16, 00:32   Link #77
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Alternatively, maybe the food is just a backup power source for them.
Old 2022-01-17, 02:59   Link #78
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
Alternatively, maybe the food is just a backup power source for them.
Not really, it's just the usual alien over technology stuff.

They eat because they're programed to eat, because they're from civilian model lineage.

it's all a sham to not scare off the humans in society. aka uncanny valley.

They're programed to be as human as possible, though they can choose to turn it off during combat., but there's a whole lore to it, why they can't go completely killer robot during operations.

Girls frontline in all formats, is like FF15, way too much show and very little tell, to the point you really have to be invested into the series get wtf is going on.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 13:35   Link #79
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Girls frontline in all formats, is like FF15, way too much show and very little tell, to the point you really have to be invested into the series get wtf is going on.
Go figure; this didn't strike me as something suitable for a novice with no prior experience such as myself.
Old 2022-01-17, 20:11   Link #80
Ghostfriendly

Cheap, soulless tell-don't-show narration of the premise made for a terrible opening. Animation looks very cheap, the action uninspired - so far, a low effort production to cash in on the mobile game, which I've played myself, and which deserves a series that actually builds a world with both plot and dirt. The second ep may introduce some fun interactions with the commander and her dolls, concivably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
One of the reasons I immediately dropped Takt Op was because the MC who commanded the girl-weapon was bad since episode 1. Chihaya Gunzou he was not.
Takt had a more original and interesting character than Gunzou, who I recall as a generic harem lead, but Gunzou was certainly a more convincingly competent strategist.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2022-01-18 at 08:18.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gungirls