Notices

Old 2023-08-20, 19:51   Link #81
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Where? Do you have a source for this?
JJK Official Fanbook

Sukuna CT is listed as: ???, Cleave and Dismantle with Gege confirmed he only have three techniques with ??? requires his direct command "Open" to be used.

His hobby is eating and he kept Uraume as his subordinate because Uraume is a good chef with fitting CT (ice to freeze food), that and comparison with Tengen (climbed into "natural disaster" status) leading to speculation that Sukuna's ??? fire technique is something to cook target after he use Cleave and Dismantle.
Old 2023-08-22, 08:01   Link #82
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow. I think this fight is getting long kinda like Mahito. If the prediction of Gojo's death is I correct, we might see another group fight like the one from Shibuya.

Then again I'm kinda confused about who could be the final antagonist as Kenjaku is still present.
Old 2023-08-23, 10:15   Link #83
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Chapter 233:
Old 2023-08-29, 10:20   Link #84
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This probably turned into the longest one-on-one fight from the entire manga especially considering how Gojo still has new tactics before an ending is reached.
Old 2023-09-01, 17:02   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 234:
Old 2023-09-04, 06:44   Link #86
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm glad Yuta and Yuji are getting tired of being the Benchwarmers at least. Still this might end shortly unless Akutami is trying to make his own version fo Netero vs the Chimera King
Old 2023-09-04, 21:18   Link #87
Shadow5YA

I can't really imagine what Gojo would have left in his arsenal after Purple considering it's always been touted to be his trump card.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-05, 01:38   Link #88
Golden Lily

Well, there are Maximum techniques, but I legit think Gege forgot about them.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-06, 13:41   Link #89
Ka-el

Spoiler for 235:
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-06, 16:21   Link #90
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Well, there are Maximum techniques, but I legit think Gege forgot about them.
I doubt he forgot about that considering he had Kenjaku using Uzumaki to defeat Yuki which didn't happen long time ago. So I guess the point of maximum is that to use it you need a certain amount of CE and right now both Gojo and Sukuna are not even remotely close to thier full capacity, especially because they used DE again and again which is impossible for anybody else, including Yuta who has the largest amount of CE right after Sukuna.
Old 2023-09-06, 17:53   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-el View Post
Spoiler for 235:
Spoiler for 235:
Old 2023-09-06, 20:27   Link #92
Shadow5YA

Gojo did say near the beginning of the series that he'd beat Sukuna even if he'd have a lot of trouble, so I think Akutani will stay true to that.

With that said, Sukuna is more than willing to play dirty, so I doubt this will stay a 1v1 forever.
Old 2023-09-06, 20:28   Link #93
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I doubt he forgot about that considering he had Kenjaku using Uzumaki to defeat Yuki which didn't happen long time ago. So I guess the point of maximum is that to use it you need a certain amount of CE and right now both Gojo and Sukuna are not even remotely close to thier full capacity, especially because they used DE again and again which is impossible for anybody else, including Yuta who has the largest amount of CE right after Sukuna.
Uzumaki scaled with amount of curse spirits used, so it can be used anytime but if Geto / Kenjaku didn't have any curse spirits on his disposal. Meanwhile some of Eso's technique sealed when he used Maximum, no specific amount of CE requires and it worked as 'change form' rather than high damage output.

So it depends on what Gojo and Sukuna Maximum do.
If it pure damage output, then yes, the moment DE clash over, they will have hard time to use it.
If it something like Eso's, then more than likely it became liability, especially for Sukuna who wanted low-risk approach.
Old 2023-09-07, 17:20   Link #94
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 235:
I think that Akutami simply stated that Gojo won the battle of the strongest, which means that he proved he is the strongest, how the fight's gonna end is a totally different matter because for sure Kenjaku will do something.
Sukuna has more that what he has shown until now for sure, the point is: in the current condition what can he do to defeat Gojo? He literally has nothing to bypass infinity. And even if he was sparing something for the group once he defeated Gojo is surely true, the point is that it would be stupid if Sukuna had something that worked against limitless and not using it before, because if he had such a technique he should have used it to deal with Gojo quickly, then even if it was a one-shot kind of technique, the rest of the sorcerers would have been totally smocked by him just with his shrine considering that Gojo is waaaay stronger then all the other sorcerers combined.

At this point only two things can rescue Sukuna: Yorozu's gift or Kenjaku. In the case of Kenjaku, however, I doubt he would help Sukuna, he would take advantage of the situation to finish off both him and Gojo.

Whatever the case, Sukuna won't die in this fight because there is still one finger, so even if 5% his soul will survive.

What might cause Gojo to lose is himself, he want to save Megumi and that's quite obvious the only reason why he never used a hollow purple directly on Sukuna to erase his body, but he "limited" himself to a massive explosion of purple instead of having him taking the imaginary mass with his body, which would be fatal according to Sukuna himself.
Old 2023-09-07, 20:06   Link #95
Shadow5YA

Quote:
What might cause Gojo to lose is himself, he want to save Megumi and that's quite obvious the only reason why he never used a hollow purple directly on Sukuna to erase his body, but he "limited" himself to a massive explosion of purple instead of having him taking the imaginary mass with his body, which would be fatal according to Sukuna himself.
Gojo has to hold back when there's people around because his abilities don't discriminate. He can always heal himself, but any of his abilities can hit anyone.
The reason why Kenjaku managed to seal Gojo into the Prison Realm was because he lured him into a crowded place where he has to be careful about activating his cursed technique.

Maybe Sukuna could play dumb and pretend to give control back to Megumi just to get Gojo to drop his guard, but he's not nearly as gullible as Hana and Sukuna wouldn't have anything to get past Infinity anyway.
Old 2023-09-08, 04:44   Link #96
WingedAccelerator

I could certainly see a Kenjaku with prep time moment happening just to screw with both Gojou and Sukuna.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-08, 06:42   Link #97
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering how Sukuna has been messing with Yuji since the first chapters I kinda expect him to at least have a minishowdown. Still, I'm not sure what happened to Megumi.
Old 2023-09-08, 22:46   Link #98
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Mahoraga exist and made enough difference.

Now we can assume Red setup that previously hit Sukuna's back was test to do Purple in similar fashion to this chapter.
However Mahoraga wheel attached to Sukuna ensure Gojo to use Black Flash instead because he better not accepting risk of Sukuna adapting to Purple.

As Mahoraga out from shadow, like it or not, Gojo have to make AOE attack because Sukuna change his role from attacker into supporting Mahoraga from distance and if Mahoraga wheel ever remains, all his effort means nothing; Mahoraga start using Cleave made it tight because that means Mahoraga doesn't need to be close to bypass Infinity.

So this nuke is not quite driven by "because he cared about Megumi", I think Gojo himself aware after 200% Purple that he can use any method he wanted without holding back as Sukuna proven his curse energy is high enough to maintain Megumi body even to Purple nuke.
Old 2023-09-11, 07:33   Link #99
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So the fight ended? The latest chapter sure felt like Meruem vs Netero with all that narration. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Sukuna changed vessels again and did a trick to kill Gojo.
Old 2023-09-18, 15:18   Link #100
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The fight proved that Mahoraga when used properly can adapt to anything including Gojo's infinite void technique. If Sukuna can do it then Megumi can too.

Gojo isn't really worried about killing Megumi because they can always just revive him with something like Reverse Cursed Technique later. Yuji already died twice before, so...
yeah but to adapt to infinite void Sukuna had to use Megumi's soul to adapt it for 5 domains one after another. And this was possible only because it was Sukuna the one facing Gojo, Sukuna has more than double of Yuta's cursed energy and the most humanly possible precision and output in CT that only Gojo can equal thanks to his Rikugan.
Megumi even at his peak could never be compared to Gojo in terms of domain use, much less using the domain several times over, count also healing burned out CT by damaging your own brain which is almos a suicidal move if your precision is not deadly accurate (hence why only Gojo and Sukuna can do it so easily). And all this without thinking about the fact that Megumi on his own wouldn't have another soul to put under mahoraga wheel while he is inside infinite void.
Plus Mahoraga on his own is child play for Gojo, Blue, Red, Purple or Void, a direct battle between them would end up in a few seconds.

By now Megumi could never hope to get close to Gojo's level, but this is true for any character who is not Sukuna.

Tags
action, exorcism, possessed mc