AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-10, 23:04   Link #21
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Apparently the tare sauce Mukouda used is a real thing. It's a real item from an actual brand Ebara.

https://www.ebarafoods.com/products/detail/YS230.html

And the anime is partnered with several others who will probably get named when he gets to getting more seasonings for his cooking.

https://tondemoskill-anime.com/cooperation/

Great start. The food looks good, the animation is beautiful and the backgrounds are good. Makes me want to eat after watching the episode.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 03:56   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Good thing the main character is smarter than me. Would have been really tempted to say "oh so the demon lord knows how to send us home eh? Why are we on your side then?" Ok to be honest I'd totally just think it and not say it. They kidnap these people to basically draft them into their war and the only one that can get them home is the person they are supposed to kill? How well do these people think that's going to work out for them? Thankfully better than expected since those kids are really dumb and hyped up on being called heroes despite this situation being morally questionable.

I'm liking the main character for noticing how obviously shady that whole situation is and bailing on it. It'd be one thing if instead of begging for help right away they started off with apologizing for dragging innocent people into their conflict. Or if things looked horribly bad right now. But yeah, definitely a situation where bailing out is smart.

Really is like stumbling into an RPG though. Like the random nature of his ability actually needing money. Where is the stock coming from and who is getting that cash? Who knows . It somewhat makes sense that there are sales but...why are there sales in there ? Amazing how those kids didn't realize how useful that skill could be. Even if he can't beat enemies by throwing food at them...instant supplies isn't bad at all. If nothing else it makes me think of the Tales franchise. All sorts of cool buffs for cooking up meals. Some of them aren't that useful since you'd basically have to eat and immediately start fighting, but with the right food even that could work out.

I like how the hired party looked like such a classic fantasy team too. Smart move to hire them at least at the start. Having to suddenly fight weird things would have been way too much. And he wouldn't have known where to start.

Only snag for him is the giant wolf. I'm sure he'll prove more helpful than anything else. But right now that thing is a huge money sink and he doesn't have that much cash to throw around at this point.
Old 2023-01-11, 16:52   Link #23
Alchemist007
*Author

Wonder how this will pace itself. The premise is neat since he may have to leverage some haggling powers eventually; unless of course he just gets by on large windfalls from various rewards thanks to his skillset, which have already nabbed Fenrir.
Old 2023-01-11, 19:43   Link #24
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm liking the main character for noticing how obviously shady that whole situation is and bailing on it. It'd be one thing if instead of begging for help right away they started off with apologizing for dragging innocent people into their conflict. Or if things looked horribly bad right now. But yeah, definitely a situation where bailing out is smart.
Indeed, I guess being older and more mature he noticed these things and the kids just went along being praise and rely on that they didn't.

This was way better than the farming isekai, and I have a soft spot for food animes (except shokugeki no soma), so I think this is going to be one of my favorites this season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 20:53   Link #25
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wonder how this will pace itself.
Mappa only has 12 episodes to play with, according to the Blu-ray info. (3 Blu-ray's, 4 episodes in each.)
https://tondemoskill-anime.com/#blu-ray

Currently the novel has 13 volumes for the anime to adapt from.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-11, 21:29   Link #26
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Mappa only has 12 episodes to play with,

Currently the novel has 13 volumes for the anime to adapt from.
The website for the show lists two familiars and four Goddesses as characters, that indicates roughly how far through the main LN storyline this anime is likely to get.
Old 2023-01-13, 21:44   Link #27
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Wonder how this will pace itself. The premise is neat since he may have to leverage some haggling powers eventually; unless of course he just gets by on large windfalls from various rewards thanks to his skillset, which have already nabbed Fenrir.
Yea, I imagine that's likely happen; him reselling stuff from our world. I have to assume the conversation with the merchant on the wagon where he talks about soap being a luxury and the mention of stuff like the 100 yen anpan being a luxury as well were foreshadowing for that money making strategy, heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-17, 21:48   Link #28
grecefar

The haggling part was so funny, yeah he can become rich pretty easily but it’s better to not attract too much attention. (although having a fenrir as familiar gets a lot attention)

The food looking good and I’m sad he already depart of the party, they were pretty likable.
Old 2023-01-17, 23:19   Link #29
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
The haggling part was so funny, yeah he can become rich pretty easily but it’s better to not attract too much attention. (although having a fenrir as familiar gets a lot attention)

The food looking good and I’m sad he already depart of the party, they were pretty likable.
I'm hoping that little ending scene means we'll get to see them again.
Old 2023-01-18, 01:52   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
He really is in basically a total win situation. If he needs money he can get it in a hurry with the insane win that is his online grocery. The only issue is not drawing too much attention when he doesn't have a good explanation for his sources. Which is somewhat why I respect the effort put into a show like (Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu) which really put a lot of thought into that sort of thing.

And really he's pretty much completely safe with an unbelievably powerful traveling companion in Fel. Keeping him fed in exchange is almost not much of a cost. Really time is the only real cost in that it takes a while to cook that much food.

I'll miss that party. They were a nice bunch and pretty likable. Obviously didn't need long term protection from them though.
Old 2023-01-18, 09:01   Link #31
Decel

If people find out, entire kingdoms may be gunning to trap him for his power. Good thing he knows this instinctively.
Old 2023-01-24, 12:01   Link #32
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

https://www.kagome.co.jp/products/food/A2593/

This week's sponsored item is the meat sauce from Kagome.

We already knew monsters are edible from the rockbird and red boar but orcs? It's the norm in that world after all since they don't raise livestock. Monster hunting is enough for food supply. And it's made tastier with Mukouda's cooking.
Money and meat problems are solved all thanks to Fel. Considering how overpowered Fel is and even more when food buffed, Mukouda's gonna be swimming in cash and meat with all the exotic monsters Fel hunted. Turning them into dishes is the exciting part now.
Though given the variety of monsters Fel hunted, it's a wonder that humans are living well especially when there's even a Chimera around. Either monsters don't usually attack villages or villages have some protection to them. Either way, adventurers have it hard to hunt the monsters for food. Fel makes it super easy, barely an inconvenience though.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 15:29   Link #33
grecefar

I can understand him not wanting to eat orc.

So he solved the money and meat problem, he wanted to keep low profile but yeah fenrir won't make it so easy.

Using ingredients with the food of that world gives buff to anyone who eats it but if it's actually food like meat is a super buff and I guess the more expesive the more is the buff.

And from the preview it seems that mc will use magic.
Old 2023-01-24, 22:35   Link #34
Strahan

Funny episode. Had to laugh at the post credits thing with the guild receptionist, lol. Also found MC's statement about wagyu being permanently off the menu a bit weird. Knowing it buffs your already OP familiar so much, it's more like I'd be keeping a stash of wagyu in the item box ready to pull out if they are ever in a pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Though given the variety of monsters Fel hunted, it's a wonder that humans are living well especially when there's even a Chimera around. Either monsters don't usually attack villages or villages have some protection to them. Either way, adventurers have it hard to hunt the monsters for food. Fel makes it super easy, barely an inconvenience though.
I'm going to need you to get all the way off my back about those monsters
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 22:58   Link #35
Decel

I kind of wish they'd create a plot mechanic for all that non-organic garbage he's generating. Cardboard boxes deteriorate, but the plastic packaging and gas cans were tossed to the side and forgotten.

Aside from that it was a fun episode. I wonder when that slime companion shows up.
Old 2023-01-25, 04:43   Link #36
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I kind of wish they'd create a plot mechanic for all that non-organic garbage he's generating. Cardboard boxes deteriorate, but the plastic packaging and gas cans were tossed to the side and forgotten.
Mukouda has been storing all his garbage in his Item Box. There's a plot mechanic coming soon to deal with this other-world garbage. Hilarity ensues.
Old 2023-01-25, 06:57   Link #37
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Also found MC's statement about wagyu being permanently off the menu a bit weird. Knowing it buffs your already OP familiar so much, it's more like I'd be keeping a stash of wagyu in the item box ready to pull out if they are ever in a pinch.
Thing is, Fenrir is already so strong that almost no one is a challenge to it (except maybe high ranking Dragon's).
Now, why would he boost the power of an already OP being? (that's just extra headache stuff)
Would have worked if the situation was more dire, like MC being summoned during a world scale war or something. But this is a more slice-of-life story.
And buffing Fenrir to that extent without any need for it, would just be a hassle.
Also, MC just said that the Wagyu is off-the-menu. He never said that he wouldn't use it if needed (just it won't be used when there isn't any need for it).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-25, 10:24   Link #38
The 48th Ronin

Geez, Fel is destroying the monster ecosystem. It'll probably hunt dragons soon.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-27, 14:21   Link #39
Jaden

The jokes write themselves with this one. Let me guess, he's gonna try feeding Fenrir dog food to save effort?
Old 2023-01-27, 21:12   Link #40
Alchemist007
*Author

Feels a bit like the show is an ad for condiments...sauce and now parmesan gratings.
I like that Fenrir calls the sauce "red substance."

Not sure it was a great idea to feed him expensive premium food, he is a glutton after all.

Humanity would be screwed without magic in this world, Fenrir just goes a bit into the woods and it's monster after monster.