AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 01:22   Link #1101
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Girls like to be complimented on their hair though
I manage to get a girl to perm her hair cause i told her she looks very
pretty with it.
True, but I hardly think playing with a girl's hair and then going in for the kill is going to get you a kiss in most cases. At least not from most of us. My reaction would be more like wtf, why are you touching my hair.
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:45   Link #1102
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
That is an entirely different situation though. You basically told her how she could improve, according to your tastes. If a girl does that to please you, then she is practically "yours", or was already to begin with.
Funny thing is, she's not. There's some good feeling between us but she tends to shy away when i tried to be more aggressive in my approach. It's rather perplexing for me but i think she's rather confused in what she wants from me.
But i meant to say that it's not weird for guys to pay attention to the girls' hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies View Post
True, but I hardly think playing with a girl's hair and then going in for the kill is going to get you a kiss in most cases. At least not from most of us. My reaction would be more like wtf, why are you touching my hair.
Though going for the kill by just playing with her hair seems rather out of order to me as well Most of time, i went for it after the girl gave in to me holding her hand and hugging her
Old 2009-04-12, 08:33   Link #1103
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
The reaction you will get will vary depending on the type of girl you're dating. I'm more of the latter but I wouldn't be so rude as in saying it out loud. I'd just move my head farther from the guy. I kind of dislike girls who make it easy though.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 13:33   Link #1104
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Those "techniques" certainly do work like a charm, probably even for the girls claiming otherwise. The secret to it is having sparks flying beforehand!
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:34   Link #1105
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
Thanks for explaining . You are absolutely right.
I was really impressed that you did things like that i quoted even you are living in western countries. Those were even shocking to me, so wanted to know how you are thinking about such behaviors.
But you have your view in that the behaviors are related to the culture , and those are not only for catching women, those are natural things you do in your way to get along with women . i am relieved to hear that. ^^

Thanks for explaining again
Oh it was shocking? So how do boys normally behave in Japan? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Those "techniques" certainly do work like a charm, probably even for the girls claiming otherwise. The secret to it is having sparks flying beforehand!
Heh, well I assumed people would figure that out, you can't just attack random girls. I tried
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 03:09   Link #1106
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Oh it was shocking? So how do boys normally behave in Japan? ^^
They rarely praise women. When they approach to girls, they close to them and ask ''Can you tell me your mobile phone number?'' or in streets, ''Do you have time now? Could we talk in a cafe for a while?'' etc..

Last edited by rio; 2009-04-13 at 04:51.
rio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 22:29   Link #1107
FateAnomaly

Quote:
They rarely praise women. When they approach to girls, they close to them and ask ''Can you tell me your mobile phone number?'' or in streets, ''Do you have time now? Could we talk in a cafe for a while?'' etc..
Wow thats really straightforward....
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 05:50   Link #1108
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
That sounds like fun! But here is an analogy I made that got me a detention plus a whole chunk of respect from my form teacher back in middle school.....

The girl you are dating is just like a toy which you do not own that you are playing with. Since you are the one playing with her, you have to bear the necessary responsibilities if anything happens. Don't worry about your toy if it is already broken, there is bound to be a way to repair it, if not, there is another way to play with it. It is how much fun you have with it that matters.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 19:02   Link #1109
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That sounds like fun! But here is an analogy I made that got me a detention plus a whole chunk of respect from my form teacher back in middle school.....

The girl you are dating is just like a toy which you do not own that you are playing with. Since you are the one playing with her, you have to bear the necessary responsibilities if anything happens. Don't worry about your toy if it is already broken, there is bound to be a way to repair it, if not, there is another way to play with it. It is how much fun you have with it that matters.
Dating should be fun and in a way liberal but not to the extent of treating the other as a toy. Seriously, don't say that analogy of yours in front of any hardcore feminist. And hopefully you didn't say that in front of your class.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 21:32   Link #1110
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
Dating should be fun and in a way liberal but not to the extent of treating the other as a toy. Seriously, don't say that analogy of yours in front of any hardcore feminist. And hopefully you didn't say that in front of your class.
He said it earnt him dentention and major loss of respect from his peers. Safe to say, he knows the consequences if he keeps on using that offline, esp in his 20's now.
I'd look forward to the slapping or pouring drinks on him or the rabid mass of females verbally belitting his worth as a man, myself
Otherwise *shrugs* - methinks he posted it here simply for comic value

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 20:52   Link #1111
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Girls like to be complimented on their hair though
I manage to get a girl to perm her hair cause i told her she looks very
pretty with it.
Do many people dislike to recieve a compliment? The point is that a person (girl or boy) can take care of her/his body for a different reason than [only] trying to appeal to the other gender. I take care of my hair a lot, not because I want boys to go wouaah when they see it, but just because... I like my hair, and so take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
*Thinks about Armstrong from FMA*

Quote:
Same as me, but I get the feeling that I am more violent than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 04:04   Link #1112
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Dating is undefine.

Figuring out how to stimulate the mind and the senses will bring you closer to victory.

One stratgey can be a sure thing for one person but it can also be a slap in the face for another (or worst).

Everything is situational.

Undstanding the person first before a mindless prememptive strike is usually safe way to tread.

My personal opinion: to the find the best mate is a combination of experience and luck.

experience = we learn from each other, know what we like and dislike,what we can handle and what we can not, learn a lot about what we really want and about ourselfs after dating someone, sometimes we learn what we don't want and break up.

Luck = hit and miss, actually finding that one person that we will click well with, someone that will take our crap and vice versa.

Last edited by bbduece; 2009-05-10 at 04:28. Reason: more
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 13:42   Link #1113
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
Luck = hit and miss, actually finding that one person that we will click well with, someone that will take our crap and vice versa.
It's not just a matter of "taking each other's crap" - it's also about finding someone who you are willing to change for, and ideally who is willing to change for you, too. In that manner both people grow together and fully accommodate each other.

The reason why so many people have problems is because they forget that they need to give, too. If you're in a relationship and you're just expecting your mate to change and be perfect for you, you're selfish. If you're trying to change for your mate but feel that he or she is taking it for granted and/or not returning you the favor, you're being abused.

Above all, make sure that you can both talk to each other. In that manner, if you don't like something that your mate is doing, or if you feel that they aren't doing enough, then you can say it. It's equally important that they be able to say the same about you, of course - and you both must be able to give and accept such criticism graciously and thoughtfully, without getting hung up on petty feelings. Many people are seemingly incapable of this, and as a result of the blocked communication problems worsen and resentment builds.

Compatibility is temporary. We are all changing with time and our experiences. Even if you live with someone, the two of you can grow apart. Proper communication, honoring each other such that both want to please the other - that is the ideal scenario that leads to lasting compatibility, regardless of changes in personality and circumstance.

There is a lot of luck in being able to find a person capable of all of this, but there is also skill required. Interpersonal skills, communication, being able to give and receive criticism, to see beyond a minor altercation and put it into the context of the "big picture" (that which is truly important) - those are things that each of us can work on and prepare for in our daily lives.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:47   Link #1114
Kakashi
カカシ

Proper communication also helps to root out mismatches at an early stage - sounds much easier than marrying the wrong person and finding out a divorce is on the cards. A part of that is also holding on to integrity; dealing in lies will either prove catastrophic for an otherwise stable relationship or just protract one which was destined to failure.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:51   Link #1115
Kitsu
The unlucky one

But the proper communication is one of the bigger problems. Many children don't learn to actually express them and their feelings, which makes relationships sometimes really awkward and can lead to a really early ending
Old 2009-05-17, 15:00   Link #1116
Kakashi
カカシ

Yeah, but that's a part of growing up. You learn the beauty of telling the truth, that being honest both with yourself and others makes life easier in the long-run.
Old 2009-05-23, 10:59   Link #1117
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It's not just a matter of "taking each other's crap" - it's also about finding someone who you are willing to change for, and ideally who is willing to change for you, too. In that manner both people grow together and fully accommodate each other.

The reason why so many people have problems is because they forget that they need to give, too. If you're in a relationship and you're just expecting your mate to change and be perfect for you, you're selfish. If you're trying to change for your mate but feel that he or she is taking it for granted and/or not returning you the favor, you're being abused.
I agree 100% percent about with relationships it's not just about taking the crap of your partner but also about having the willingness to go through changes and improvements together....

I'm a strong believer of give and take in relationships, anything I receive from my partner I'm more then willing to return the favor.

However when I got into a discussion with the first person who I cared enough about to want to "change" myself, she shrugged it off saying it's stupid to change for anyone but yourself.....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 11:20   Link #1118
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

Dating for my kind can often be difficult yet actually amazing simple.

I speak of Aspies and Autistics.

Often enough girls want to mother us since we are most definitely lost in the entire field of dating. Wether or not this proceeds towards full romantacism and not a fascimile of actual family relations is up to the Autistic in question.

Autistic Girls dating though...they can have a much rougher time of it if they do try and date outside the "community." Vulnerable as they are, it can be amazingly easy to be taken advantage of given their...and even the male autistics need to be loved and accepted by someone else.

I myself...never dated. No real desire to as of yet. I have yet to find a girl that can match me in the traits I find enjoyable and indeed, long for. That being...intelligence, autistic, confident, powerful in her own right...

*Shrugs*

Some may say my expectations are too high. But I like the women around me to be strong so I know they can survive and thrive on their own with or without me. I simply cannot stand wall-flowers.
Deus_Ex_Obscurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 17:00   Link #1119
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus_Ex_Obscurum View Post
Dating for my kind can often be difficult yet actually amazing simple.

I speak of Aspies and Autistics.
Mind breaking that term down a little more for me? As in definition and an example in relation to girls.
Quote:
Some may say my expectations are too high. But I like the women around me to be strong so I know they can survive and thrive on their own with or without me. I simply cannot stand wall-flowers.
Hee hee, you're a guy who's very secure with himself then.
Women who are fairly independant mentally, financially and sometimes emotionally are known to threaten/scare guys in the sense of:
'I can't really protect her or provide for her, she seems to have it all already' :\
Add to that mix is she's stubborn and pro active and sometimes she becomes too 'dominant' for the guy. In that sense she takes care of everything, but not in the motherly way, more in the sense of 'you don't need to do anything, it's fine, I'll do it.'

Most times that not it's not meant to hurt the guy, it's their nature and they need the guy to be fairly stubborn/dominant enough to stop them in their tracks and go 'listen, we split things equally, sit your ass down' or something, lol.
But a lot of times, it just bruises the male ego and a guy feels as if he has nothing to contribute, just his self-confidence is shattered some.

Fairly sensitive thing, the male ego.
Somedays I still walk egg shells around it, but I trip up from time to time and say/do something that somehow bruises it.
Even if my intentions are good or kind, I'm still thinking as a woman so I cannot figure out how a guy may interpret something all the time.
Have yet to find a book to figure the path of walking correctly around it yet, still searching.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 23:15   Link #1120
Deus_Ex_Obscurum

*Laughs* I'm odd like that. I like women to be equal to me. So I can feel confident that at the end of the day they will come come a-ok.

Alright...as for why it can be difficult. Aspies can be...to be blunt...very stupid when it comes to social cues and the like. So we may not pick up on the subtle nuances of conversation. However it can also be easy in that unlike normal people, we are that blunt so there's really no hidden agenda for us. Some may say we lack tact - I know I do - but yeah.

*Shrugs* And I know there's some things guys can do that women cannot. And the same is true for vice-versa.
Deus_Ex_Obscurum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom