AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-30, 14:56   Link #621
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Well, she has to be, unless they want to kill her off, and I don't think that's likely. I think it will be through Mix that we learn what happened to all the women Altair has kidnapped so far. Place your bets:
-dead
-in stasis, like Alisia
-fed on by Mykage until they died (though I don't think he alone could consume so much prana...)
-stashed away somewhere by Mykage for some reason (Tree of Life?)
-turned into men, somehow - I personally think this is the most likely. It would tie into the report in an early episode saying that by the time they arrived at Altair the kidnapped reaiglers/however you spell it lost the very function they were kidnapped for. Also, the title of a future episode is "MI-XY". XY as in "male"? (as opposed to XX=female) And then there's Mix saying that men's feelings can only be understood by another man.

Btw I thought the ED pictures were just there for the pretty and held no particular importance.
Andy reuniting with a male Mix would be hilariously awkward.

For that reason alone, I hope that you're right, lol.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:25   Link #622
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Well, s/he could literally fill Andy's ho--*is shot*
Old 2012-04-30, 17:39   Link #623
miketyson

Or conversely, it's a classic set-up for Andy to say "when I said I wanted to fill your hole this isn't what I meant..."...sigh, nice work on this idea, kuromitsu, I'll have a hard time looking at Altair the same way ever again.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:16   Link #624
Arya

Quote:

Reading kuromitsu's fine deduction I also got enlightened by that vision. MI-XY declaring his love to Andy. Poor Andy he never gets what he want, he has never gattai'd yet with MIX, and now even this

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-30, 20:00   Link #625
miketyson

OMG you're right, Arya: Andy goes to rescue "her", and then he and gattais with "him" and never once actually gattais with a woman? Wow.
Old 2012-04-30, 20:02   Link #626
kuromitsu

Aquarion LOVE - GENDER IS IRRELEVANT

Andy will love Mix(y) even without the big bangs.

Or something.

I hope.
Old 2012-04-30, 20:10   Link #627
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What is wrong with you people... -_-;
Old 2012-05-01, 01:44   Link #628
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What is wrong with you people... -_-;
Hey! Kuro's idea makes perfect sense.

MI-XY would be the perfect episode title for the revelation that MIX is now an "XY" (guy). So Kuro's idea is the best one I've read yet for figuring out with that episode title could mean.

Also, while I genuinely like Andy, he's also the buttmonkey character type done right (i.e. the way his misfortune is presented is genuinely funny). Him essentially "not getting any" has been turned into a great running joke. There's also a delicious irony in him "suffering" even while he's genre savvy and generally gives great advice to Amata.

Andy reuniting with a male Mix would be the tour de force of this running joke about Andy "not getting any". Even when he does win over the girl, he ends up stuck with just his digging bros.

Mix becoming a guy would also be hilariously ironic in and of itself. The girl that hates guys in general now becomes one!
Old 2012-05-01, 04:36   Link #629
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hey! Kuro's idea makes perfect sense.
Only if you're a Pineapple =_=
Old 2012-05-01, 06:01   Link #630
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Only if you're a Pineapple =_=
No, really, probably you are not in the right mood to feel it, but it does make perfect sense. To the point that I will be upset if they won't show it to us in the end
Even if I agree that having a chest-less Mix would be an abomination!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:41   Link #631
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Even if I agree that having a chest-less Mix would be an abomination!!
Well, yeah, there's that downside to be sure, and I guess that might be C2F's big twin concerns.

But don't worry, C2F, there's always fanart!
Old 2012-05-01, 08:03   Link #632
miketyson

Mix: the newest hole-digging brother?

Thinking through further: what if Kagura became a woman once Mykage's trickery wore off?
Old 2012-05-01, 23:05   Link #633
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Mix: the newest hole-digging brother?

Thinking through further: what if Kagura became a woman once Mykage's trickery wore off?
Vision of Escaflowne?
Old 2012-05-02, 07:56   Link #634
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Vision of Escaflowne?
Wow, you're right. I totally forgot about that but it's totally happened before, hasn't it?
Old 2012-05-03, 07:52   Link #635
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I have to say, ever since Katapan and Triple_R got me into this show (FYI, I still have not forgiven either one of you :P), I had been pretty cool with it. I mean yeah, it is pretty insane and I think it's been pretty stupid in general but it seems to realize that and doesn't really dwell too much on the more ludicrous parts. Plus Okada's script is pretty funny, combining sharp and witty dialogue and fun (if Freudian ) situations. It's not high art, but it's certainly been a good fun ride.

That said, I ventured here after the last episodes events just to get an idea of what to expect from the show, and when I seen this
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
-turned into men, somehow - I personally think this is the most likely. It would tie into the report in an early episode saying that by the time they arrived at Altair the kidnapped reaiglers/however you spell it lost the very function they were kidnapped for. Also, the title of a future episode is "MI-XY". XY as in "male"? (as opposed to XX=female) And then there's Mix saying that men's feelings can only be understood by another man.
I got to say, if this piece of seemingly accurate speculation turns out to be true then I think that my view on Aquarion EVOL might change drastically.

No I think I will stop thinking of this show as being a semi-mindless insanely fun circus and start thinking that it's actually a very, very sweet love stories that shows that love is more than gender and about falling in love with people as they are, no matter what happens to them ... that also happens to be a semi-mindless insanely fun circus

I will also gain a really high respect to Okada (I already respect Kawamori, even with all his ''tendencies'') if she pulls this through, and hell even if MIX + Andy is my favorite paring out of this show as is, if this ends up with Andy falling in love with MIX(Y) regardless of the change, then this show might just be my pick for best romance of the year (wow, I actually wrote that ) and MIX(Y) + Andy might become one of my favorite romantic pairing of all time.

So yeah, I really hope your right kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Vision of Escaflowne?
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Wow, you're right. I totally forgot about that but it's totally happened before, hasn't it?
The funny thing is that despite it being a really weird out there twist, it made a whole lot of sense in context

Actually, it WOULD make sense for Kagura to be have been originally a women. It would explain why ''he'' is so twisted and confused, and constantly angry ... yeah, yeah ... classic Kawamori twist right there, just waiting to be unearthed.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2012-05-03 at 09:06.
Old 2012-05-03, 22:30   Link #636
cyberdemon

anyone have any info on the uncut DVD version of episode 1 and 2? It should be released now.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:12   Link #637
ChocoBar9
Banned

After watching the latest episode and I have to say is....kuromitsu, are you a wizard?
Old 2012-05-06, 12:15   Link #638
LuMiZu

All your wildest imaginations will come true
Old 2012-05-06, 12:18   Link #639
mixordia

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...40#msg14563817 see the spoiler part.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:26   Link #640
mayumi

you guys were right about MI.XY. good stuff.
Closed Thread