AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

Old 2006-10-18, 21:25   Link #241
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Does anyone think there is a possibilty for romance between Oland and Alice? just thought i would throw that out there, ok its time to go check out episode 3.
Old 2006-10-18, 21:35   Link #242
DrewGSR

my god why is Alice's hairdo so horrid even when they showed images of her when she was younger.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 22:01   Link #243
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR View Post
my god why is Alice's hairdo so horrid even when they showed images of her when she was younger.
All the barbers got killed during the war.
Old 2006-10-18, 22:50   Link #244
monstratboy

There are pictures in the manga of Orland's old squad being beheaded and dismembered by shells when they charged tanks.
The pics also show these zombies still firing or throwing their weapons/bombs.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 00:52   Link #245
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 3...
showed another side of alice...she still soo nieve as a person...but its nice to see her returning to herself at the end ^_^ and man the bullet that orland fired cut through the rock like butter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Does anyone think there is a possibilty for romance between Oland and Alice? just thought i would throw that out there, ok its time to go check out episode 3.
beauty and the beast *cough* orland got slapped today

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 03:31   Link #246
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
All the barbers got killed during the war.
LOLz

I dunno why he got slapped, i don't think Alice knew why either, lighting fast slapping instincts

Mind you, I'm slightly disappointed in 901-ATT tactics, simply "walk" towards the Tank?

granted he seems to have a pretty tough calibre handgun look like a .44/.45 maybe even a .50, but coooome on!!

Being a zombie, when facing a Tank does not count as a specialization tactics of an Anti-Tank squad.

I guess i was expecting too much,been watching, Amour Hunter Mellowlink.

Now that's someone who shows you how to be a proper Anti-Armour Hunter, if a non-zombie like mellowlink can do it, so can Orland.

mm...come to think of it....Mellowlink also had a co-star heroine who was a noble herself, and the rest of Mellowlink squad was killed in a suicidal battle, on the eva of a cease fire of the conflict....hmm...

Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=871

http://www.mahq.net/animation/votoms...ink/ahmtoc.htm

mind you i love Anti-Tank weaponary & tactics, so
Mellowlink rocks.

And i suppose so does Pumpkin Scissor, but I hope they can dispell a fraction of the "Anime physics" with at lease giving Orland a better way of fighting armour....

Old 2006-10-19, 04:13   Link #247
bluerogue
PEWPEW LASER SWORDMASTER

Send a message via AIM to bluerogue
Episode 3 was pretty cool and everything: my only problem with it was the animation quality. It seemed to have takena turn for the worse; did anyone else notice?

Gonzo is still gonzo it seems...
bluerogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 04:22   Link #248
Kensuke

Alice sure makes this series, naiive but stubborn as ever.

From the preview, ep. 4 looks very interesting and not episodic. Whee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerogue View Post
Episode 3 was pretty cool and everything: my only problem with it was the animation quality. It seemed to have takena turn for the worse; did anyone else notice?
Hmm, maybe the villagers were drawn little generic, but I didn't notice any drop in animation quality.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 04:31   Link #249
Skane
Anime Snark

While the animation for Ep03 is not as 'jaw-dropping' as Ep01, it is still of very high standards. I have no issue with it. I would not use the term, 'taken a turn for the worst' to describe it, as that would imply the animation is bad in Ep03. In my opinion, this is not the case.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-19, 07:29   Link #250
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
I wonder about why Oland needed to turn on the lantern to break through the blockade in Ep3? May be he was just using it as a flashlight this time.

Focusing on Alice made this a nice episode, really shows she is still often a young girl.
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:05   Link #251
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Poor Oland got slapped for no reason. And is Alice trying to experience what a commoner feels?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 09:43   Link #252
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Alice gets ever more annoying with each episode. I guess, I just don't like naive energetic characters with an "act first, think after that" attitude. I am still getting over the emotional trauma caused by the genki Arika from Mai-Otome. Saluting militarily a picture of her mother? Quite a WTF moment. And once again the villagers who were supposed be anything but full of trust believed her a bit too easily. I think the logical thing to do would be to wait to see the money and then start working. I don't get the logic of "I hate nobles but I believe their promises for some reason". Alice suddenly realising so many things about being noble and all seemed somewhat forced and rushed. Oland ends up looking like a total genius when talking to her... Anyone has any idea why Alice is the "successor" of her family when she has older sisters? I'd like to see her father's face when he hears about the promise to raise money by selling the family mansion if she has to. With all the hatred towards nobles shown in the first episode, I woudln't be surprised if the series ends with a revolution that will depose the Emperor.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 09:55   Link #253
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Alice gets ever more annoying with each episode. I guess, I just don't like naive energetic characters with an "act first, think after that" attitude. I am still getting over the emotional trauma caused by the genki Arika from Mai-Otome. Saluting militarily a picture of her mother? Quite a WTF moment. And once again the villagers who were supposed be anything but full of trust believed her a bit too easily. I think the logical thing to do would be to wait to see the money and then start working. I don't get the logic of "I hate nobles but I believe their promises for some reason". Alice suddenly realising so many things about being noble and all seemed somewhat forced and rushed. Oland ends up looking like a total genius when talking to her... Anyone has any idea why Alice is the "successor" of her family when she has older sisters? I'd like to see her father's face when he hears about the promise to raise money by selling the family mansion if she has to. With all the hatred towards nobles shown in the first episode, I woudln't be surprised if the series ends with a revolution that will depose the Emperor.
Maybe Alice's sisters weren't qualified? Anyway, Oland doesn't appear to be dumb (he just look like one because of how big and slow thinker he is). Usually, he's just quiet and reserved. You know at the beginning of the episode, it somehow show us the status of a noble and commoner. Oland sleeping under the bridge and Alice sleeping on a warm, soft bed -- with food of course A cruel world indeed
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 12:00   Link #254
kauldron26
Med Student

its so frustrating coming to boards, when people love to criticize every single thing... i swear wtf?? how is a characters haircut related to character development and story?? then again, if people can talk shit about Cowboy Bebop ( a masterpiece), then nothing is surprising anymore... I think we're beginning to become too critical of anime to the point we are forgetting why we love it in the first place... everyone has a right to their own 2 cents.... this is just mine...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 14:17   Link #255
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
I dunno why he got slapped, i don't think Alice knew why either, lighting fast slapping instincts
cause she though its strange for orland to be next to her? for all she knows he might take advantage

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 19:03   Link #256
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I liked this episode for the pure fact we get a little backround story on Alice. Her nivette and optimistic views on the world makes sense now. what i like about Alice is her strong sense of duty. Yes she makes mistakes and didnt realize that while she eating nice people are starving. But look at what she did she didnt eat so she could understand commoners better. It was the wrong thing to do but look at how much she wants to help people all in all she a big heart. You have to know when to play the Noble card and when to play the soldier card this time both came in handy. Alice just needs more time to live and know who the world works shes only 18. I loved how she felt at ease when she saw the blue light from Olands lamp. What a change from having people shit themselves when they see it.

DId anyone else follow the conversation with Alices dad and sisters well? They mentioned something about a finacee. The way it was pharsed it sounded like she is already betrowled to marry someone which would not be ususal since that norm for nobilty.

Words of wisdom: never sit next pretty young sleeping girl who has lighting fast reflexes. Oland "What was that for?" Alice "I dont know either" WTF
Old 2006-10-20, 10:04   Link #257
Lost

I think Alice slapped Oland because she was clinging to him. Either that or she was angry at "falling asleep" on the job. Whatever the reason, its prolly really just to hide her vulnerability.

I felt this was the most "fillerish" of the 3 episodes probably because it had no action to speak off, and the conflict was resolved too easily and in such a cliched way.. I echo Matrim's views as far as the villagers believing her are concerned, it felt too rushed imo; I was expecting Alice to promise the food/money before they started work as that would be most logical; but I supposed she doesnt handle the money aspect so the only thing she can personally deliver to the villagers would be food.

I liked the development given to Alice; tho I expected her to realise her empty-words earlier on. I mean it has been 3 years since the cease-fire was announced...

Oland made a very much smart point, but its not like thats unusual because he's stupid or anything. Like Cyz says he's just big and a slow thinker; but with as much a right to his own opinions as Alice herself; just as we saw his determination pull thru in episode 2 ~Oland vs Tank~.

Its good to see that Alice didnt react at all to the word "fiancee," I wouldnt want this to turn into yet another I'd-rather-die-than-marry-him!! themed show. Yay, by the look of things, stuff will heat up in the next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
I loved how she felt at ease when she saw the blue light from Olands lamp. What a change from having people shit themselves when they see it.
Thats a very good point. I wouldnt have noticed it that way if not for reading the forums.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-20 at 10:32.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:06   Link #258
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
its so frustrating coming to boards, when people love to criticize every single thing... i swear wtf?? how is a characters haircut related to character development and story?? then again, if people can talk shit about Cowboy Bebop ( a masterpiece), then nothing is surprising anymore... I think we're beginning to become too critical of anime to the point we are forgetting why we love it in the first place... everyone has a right to their own 2 cents.... this is just mine...
I find myself getting critical when I read the forums, but a slight bit of criticism is necessary, how else would we get our favorites, top 10 etc. Most of the time I bypass the criticism when watching, just makes it more enjoyable.

And Alice slapping Oland was funny! She's great.
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:31   Link #259
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Its good to see that Alice didnt react at all to the word "fiancee," I wouldnt want this to turn into yet another I'd-rather-die-than-marry-him!!
I suspect that it will turn into "I don't want to marry this bastard" angst fest but then again I tend to be overly pessimistic about plot developments in series that I don't like that much from the start.

Quote:
then again, if people can talk shit about Cowboy Bebop ( a masterpiece), then nothing is surprising anymore... I think we're beginning to become too critical of anime to the point we are forgetting why we love it in the first place... everyone has a right to their own 2 cents.... this is just mine...
So you like every anime series there is or you just don't like when people criticise things that you like? I think this forum would be extremely boring if everyone just praised what he likes to no end and kept silent about things he does not like. I love Cowboy Bebop but I also accept people's right to bash it, it's not as if there is a universe law that says Cowboy Bebop must be accepted as a masterpiece by everyone.

Well, I didn't like the slap either, probably because females hitting males for no reason is such a beaten to death anime cliche. I am curious whether there would have been an outrage in this thread if he had hit her for no reason or it would stil lhave been "funny".

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:39   Link #260
Skane
Anime Snark

The thought of Oland the Giant socking one into Alice is an entertaining thought, though wrong, if only because of the extreme physical difference between them.