AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-20, 17:00   Link #281
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
I didn't really look to see if anyone asked this question or if it was answered but...

What was the significance of when Shirley invited Lelouche and Suzaku at the same time to this border to the ghetto and these little mask things fell off Lelouche and Suzaku? What does that mean? Is it like Shirley is remembering all the deep dark secrets suppressed by Lelouche's Geass?
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:02   Link #282
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why would lelouch even WANT to take sheirly with him when his one wish was to eventually return to ashford
sheirly has no actual use in the OOBK
he would be putting her at risk for no reason
Well this is exactly the point. She doesn't necessarily have to help out or join the Black Knights. Point is, she'd become a part of Lelouch's world-changing scheme, which may result in her missing class time, but it still wouldn't necessarily put her in any immediate danger.

As far as Shirley's mother, doesn't Shirley live on campus? And was it ever stated where Shirley's mother lives? Even if she lives in the Tokyo Settlement she probably doesn't communicate with her on a reguar basis. I mean, Shirley's father would send her gifts in the mail every now and then. Not something you usually do when you see the person on a day-to-day basis. That being the case, Shirley could probably get away with going on a few escapades with Lelouch without her mother noticing.

Quote:
P.S
did Sky just get banned
why ?
Eh, sky tends to get banned every now and then. But don't worry, just like a bean burrito, she will return.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:03   Link #283
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
she can help keep his cover in ashford (its easier to keep suzaku fooled if they started "dating" in ep 12)
bringing her to the OOBK would have raised questions
like why zero is hanging out with a britannian school girl
especially one who he had taken hostage last season (and who tamaki almost shot)
even if he agreed to let her help him, it would be far better for her to do it in ashford then come with him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
I didn't really look to see if anyone asked this question or if it was answered but...

What was the significance of when Shirley invited Lelouche and Suzaku at the same time to this border to the ghetto and these little mask things fell off Lelouche and Suzaku? What does that mean? Is it like Shirley is remembering all the deep dark secrets suppressed by Lelouche's Geass?
she didnt invite them both
she invited suzaku to tell him about lelouch being zero and lelouch happend to be there

the significance is that she thinks both of them are actually working together
she was pretty paranoid at that point
Old 2009-05-20, 17:07   Link #284
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:

I'm guessing you're new? The masks were a recurring theme in that episode since Shirley had been de-geassed and realized the truth and the lies that she had been told, thus the masks had come off. During that particular scene she suspected that Lelouch and Suzaku were really conspiring with eachother, thus another mask was removed.

Quote:
she can help keep his cover in ashford (its easier to keep suzaku fooled if they started "dating" in ep 12)
especially one who he had taken hostage last season (and who tamaki almost shot)
even if he agreed to let her help him, it would be far better for her to do it in ashford then come with him
The Black Knights seemed to accept C.C. relatively easily. And do you really think the Black Knights are going to remember one single school girl out of a large group they took hostage over a year ago?
Old 2009-05-20, 17:12   Link #285
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The Black Knights seemed to accept C.C. relatively easily. And do you really think the Black Knights are going to remember one single school girl out of a large group they took hostage over a year ago?
Tamaki might, if only because of that damn cat. :3
Old 2009-05-20, 17:16   Link #286
hyperviper

She looks like Orihme from Bleach. lol, they both are dead weight and just naive
hyperviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:20   Link #287
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Tamaki might, if only because of that damn cat. :3
LOL. Well then, he'd remember Arthur for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperviper View Post
She looks like Orihme from Bleach. lol, they both are dead weight and just naive
Yes, many of us have noted the similarities between her and Orihime. Anyway, care to expand on your opinion, or did you just come here to give your two cents worth of bashing and then leave?
Old 2009-05-20, 17:22   Link #288
Sol Falling

Quote:
Keeping Lelouch's cover a secret, as I said, was no longer really a priority. With the intelligence agency under his control, and an impending attack on the Geass Cult, Lelouch no longer really needed to care about being reported. As for Suzaku, rather than continuing to fool him by acting as a girlfriend, I am pretty sure Shirley would have gone for direct reconciliation. All of this to say, there's no reason Shirley needs to stay at Ashford, though you also have a point in that there's not really any reason Shirley needs to join the Black Knights either. However, my point is really that there isn't anything to stop Shirley from doing what she felt was necessary (given her determination). If she felt she needed to be by his side in order to support or negotiate, then she definately would be right there.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:39   Link #289
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm guessing you're new?
Yeah xD

Well...to these forums...but not to the show. I'm kind of clueless, so I might have been falling asleep while I was watching the episode. Thanks though ^_^
Old 2009-05-20, 17:43   Link #290
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Yeah xD

Well...to these forums...but not to the show. I'm kind of clueless, so I might have been falling asleep while I was watching the episode. Thanks though ^_^
LOL, no worries. We're all friends here. Nice Kallen sig BTW.

Anyway, I think it's just so awesome the attention that this thread is getting today. That combined with the return of Sol Falling. It's the second coming of Shirley
Old 2009-05-20, 17:46   Link #291
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Thanks it's kinda sorta maybe a plain old render with a fractal background that I smooshed together because I was in a hurry xD

Buuut I can't see my own sig for some reason. I'm gonna check the FAQ.
Old 2009-05-20, 17:51   Link #292
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Go to user cp, edit options and then, show signatures. The signatures are disabled when you register. You've got to enable them to see it.

And i don't want to think Shirley is like Orihime, specially because i HATE Orihime, hehe. Shirley is much more likeable.

About Shirley getting in the BK, well, C.C doesn't look older than her and got there without questions. I don't think it would raise suspicion, specially because Zero could just say she was a friend of Kallen that's now in danger or something like that and get out of that with no problem and no one linking her to him.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:57   Link #293
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Gah I read the rules and my sig might be too big. *cries*

And I like Shirley and Orihime equally , they're both so adorable xD I can't even tell you how depressed I was the day after I watched the episode where whatsername died SHIT wheres the spoiler thing.

Haha...Shirley in the BK would make me laugh. She wouldn't have the balls to kill people.

Last edited by Senbon Zakura; 2009-05-20 at 18:00. Reason: THE SPOILER R NOT WURKING
Old 2009-05-20, 18:01   Link #294
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Gah I read the rules and my sig might be too big. *cries*

And I like Shirley and Orihime equally , they're both so adorable xD I can't even tell you how depressed I was the day after I watched the episode where whatsername died SHIT wheres the spoiler thing.
It's okay buddy, you don't have to use spoiler tags here. We're all in the know. And yeah, I feel the same way about her death But also I agree that she and Orihime are so sweet
Old 2009-05-20, 18:03   Link #295
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Hehe, don't worry, i don't think you need spoiler to say about her death, but yeah, your sig is too big. Maximum 50kb, you got 327kb. Try to make the image smaller.

Well, we all got really depressed in that ep. To me, the worst part it's that i didn't saw it coming. After her almost fall, i thought "Okay, now everything is all right, Suzaku will take of her and stuff, yeah!" and then... What a horrible twist. Damn you Rolo.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 18:07   Link #296
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

I was pissed at Rolo for a while, and wanted him to die, but then I sort of stopped caring because I felt bad about him really believing Lelouche was his older brother. And then he died saving Lelouche and I was like "awww "

And since I have about 4 CG episodes left before R2 is over for me, I can tell theres a big end-of-good-anime-show depression in my future. Unless theres more after R2 that I was unaware of.

I remember watching Death Note all the way through and when it was over I was like "MAH LIFE HAZ NO PURPOSE"

...and signature fixed.
Old 2009-05-20, 18:20   Link #297
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Well, we all got really depressed in that ep. To me, the worst part it's that i didn't saw it coming. After her almost fall, i thought "Okay, now everything is all right, Suzaku will take of her and stuff, yeah!" and then... What a horrible twist. Damn you Rolo.
Hmm, well I spoilered by it so I knew what was gonna happen before the episode aired, but I can't help but think I would've felt the same if I hadn't known. Yep, you hit the nail on the head.

Quote:
I was pissed at Rolo for a while, and wanted him to die, but then I sort of stopped caring because I felt bad about him really believing Lelouche was his older brother. And then he died saving Lelouche and I was like "awww "
Hmm, well even so, a lot of us are still very unforgiving of Rolo, as I'm sure you'll discover

Quote:
And since I have about 4 CG episodes left before R2 is over for me, I can tell theres a big end-of-good-anime-show depression in my future. Unless theres more after R2 that I was unaware of.
Nope, R2 is the very end of the series (as far as we know, anyway. But lets not get into a sequel/continuation discussion here) so enjoy the last 4 eps.
Old 2009-05-20, 18:57   Link #298
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

I don't want CG to end

But the thing is, adult swim usually just starts it over once the anime is finished, so since I started watching CG kind of late I can see the first few episodes. Because when people would be like "onoes clovis died" I didn't know what they meant. Obviously I get the gist of it now but...yeah.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:00   Link #299
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I don't want CG to end

But the thing is, adult swim usually just starts it over once the anime is finished, so since I started watching CG kind of late I can see the first few episodes. Because when people would be like "onoes clovis died" I didn't know what they meant. Obviously I get the gist of it now but...yeah.
All good things must come to an end.

But yeah, you'll find out about Clovis and all that in the first few episodes. Anyway, back to Shirley...
Old 2009-05-20, 19:08   Link #300
azul120

Quote:
It's okay buddy, you don't have to use spoiler tags here. We're all in the know. And yeah, I feel the same way about her death But also I agree that she and Orihime are so sweet
Yeah. Orihime's also strong and brave in her own way. Her character concept of protective strength is a very good one, even if it is reminiscent of the female as white mage trope in various Final Fantasies. She embodies it well, and on top of that, does whatever she can to provide emotional support for Ichigo and her other friends. (I'm personally glad they nixed the idea of her dying right at the beginning. May she live to be giddy for years to come.)

Anyways, back to the Shirley discussion.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote