AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-09, 14:33   Link #221
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Now I wonder where are those 38 posters that gave episode 4 a perfect score?

So 5+ episodes of a boring short story (which is a personal opinion), probably no Disappearance and Haruhi character designs progressively mutate into the 4-panel crap that the studio produces lately. KyoAni obviously targets only extreme fandom, since however bad their shows are they will still buy the DVDs anyway. It's a piety really, I had a very good opinion of the studio a couple of years ago, but with Key-obsession and 4-panel moe-blobs it degraded gradually and the final straw is this abomination, after all *bleep* that Kadokawa put us through.

This season has a lot of excellent shows and none should waste anymore time with this sad story.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:36   Link #222
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here added is the wikipedia ep summery of the last 4 eps

Spoiler for summery:

look at the last two eps
exactly the same
pretty much word for word

how sad is that
Old 2009-07-09, 14:36   Link #223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushichou7 View Post
The annoying part is that this season could have been really good, but it's not. It's just a bunch of bullshit. And I don't expect any less than someone replying to this saying something completely inane in KyoAni's defense like "it's artistic," or "they're trying to make us understand how Yuki feels!" My ass.
Oh good. Then we can just close the thread and be done with it? Because, really, what more is there to say? As per you, this episode and season is a bunch of bullshit and there is no other way to look at it. What is there to discuss? Why even create the thread anymore?

Apparently it was foolish to expect more than the whiny ragefest that is this thread. If all you're going to do is simply pile into the whaaambulance, spare us all another refresh.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:37   Link #224
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fushichou7 View Post
The annoying part is that this season could have been really good, but it's not. It's just a bunch of bullshit. And I don't expect any less than someone replying to this saying something completely inane in KyoAni's defense like "it's artistic," or "they're trying to make us understand how Yuki feels!" My ass.
Agree totally.

But like I've said countless of times in several different threads, is that the way they are doing this they might actually pull it off with a big bang.

The reason is because all the new episodes so far serve as the building blocks required for Disappearance. The way they're pissing us all of would ultimately make Disappearance a much more emotional wild ride, which I hope would enhance the experience.

Assuming of course my prediction is correct. Maybe they really are going to just E8 it out and bankrupt and no more haruhi.

They've made Haruhi into an immersive interactive experience, which on some level is a break through. We'll probably see more studios do things like this now.

EDIT: Oops I totally missed the other part of your post...
Well I guess my point still stands, that you have to admit what they're doing now is a breakthrough. It's bringing things in a new direction taht they've never been before. Whether or not that's a bad thing for the franchise or the industry as a whole is remain to be seen. However what they're doing is creating a lot of sparks, and those sparks are literally "inspirational material". Going in bold directions, failing and retrying, reinventing, etc etc etc is what we all need in the entertainment industry.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-07-09 at 14:43. Reason: I just told you, no spoilers!
Old 2009-07-09, 14:39   Link #225
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...wait, are you saying that the time loop still hasn't been broken?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:39   Link #226
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
extremely deep immersion anime
when the ep when this DOES end comes about, we'll all feel more joy then we ever felt when watching an anime episode
Old 2009-07-09, 14:43   Link #227
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

...how exactly does Kyoani expect to sell 5+ episodes of disappearance on DVD?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:43   Link #228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Apparently it was foolish to expect more than the whiny ragefest that is this thread. If all you're going to do is simply pile into the whaaambulance, spare us all another refresh.
Frankly, I don't know why you bother anymore either. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Agree totally.

But like I've said countless of times in several different threads, is that the way they are doing this they might actually pull it off with a big bang.

The reason is because all the new episodes so far serve as the building blocks required for Disappearance. The way they're pissing us all of would ultimately make Disappearance a much more emotional wild ride, which I hope would enhance the experience.
This would mean they'd need to drop Sighs. No real loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...wait, are you saying that the time loop still hasn't been broken?
Yuuuup.

Quote:
...how exactly does Kyoani expect to sell 5+ episodes of disappearance on DVD?
I think you mean "Endless Eight", but I'm thinking they overestimated how loyal their fanbase is.

But we'll see when the DVD sales come out. How much do you wanna bet that they'll still sell really really well?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:46   Link #229
LumpOfCole
I work with computers.

Send a message via AIM to LumpOfCole
I'm actually kind of hoping that they throw canon to the wolves at this point and keep repeating Endless Eight for the remainder of the season, only to have Yuki SNAP in the finale and literally kill everyone in a murderous rampage.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:49   Link #230
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does someone have a list of the art directors for these four episodes?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:51   Link #231
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think you mean "Endless Eight", but I'm thinking they overestimated how loyal their fanbase is.

But we'll see when the DVD sales come out. How much do you wanna bet that they'll still sell really really well?
Yeah, my bad. I can't seei Kyoani putting the bulk of these episodes on any DVD. Most people would likely just not consider it worth it and resort to pirating HD video's from online. The best way to minimize the loss from DVD sales from having so much of endless 8 in it, would likely to spread the episodes out through all the released DVD's.

I'm not really pissed about this, merely perplexed. None of this makes sense from a marketing perspective, since all it does is cheapens the value of the product that Kyoani will have to sell on the DVD. They're not doing it for the fans, since the fans are royally pissed...it's almost like all the paranoids who said that this was all just an elaborate way to troll the fandom on the part of Kyoani.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:53   Link #232
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It's almost like all the paranoids who said that this was all just an elaborate way to troll the fandom on the part of Kyoani.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS.

Thanks to this, you'd be hard-pressed to have me give a rat's ass about the anime at this point, unless they somehow fit in Disappearance, but I doubt it.

Maybe I'll just go reread the novel.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:54   Link #233
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:

This would mean they'd need to drop Sighs. No real loss.

Yuuuup.

Well in my prediction, all this E8 crap is going to count as one broadcast or two only. I know that's probably impossible but I still feel like this is all part of the plan. Sighs does serve some purpose in Disappearance, it does develop Kyon's perspective of the SOS Dan which contributes to the events in Disappearance.

I DO think Sighs is essential in the over-all formula of the series, mainly because it'll make Episode 00 A LOT LOT LOT LOT MORE enjoyable. The effect of Mikuru Densetsu would benefit so much from Sighs, and since this is a reboot to season 1 where tehy fill in the blanks. That's a blank they must not miss.

I personally think the DVDs wouldn't even be any of these 6 episodes. It'll be an entirely new Endless Eight, where they take scenes from each episode and reanimate them, then give them a new loop number. Then connect it with the episode that finally breaks the loop, so at most 2 episodes on the DVD.

That's just a wild guess, but assuming how much edits production companies do with DVDs these days it's not impossible. Some DVD versions of the anime aren't even the same thing anymore.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:55   Link #234
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, my bad. I can't seei Kyoani putting the bulk of these episodes on any DVD.
Why? Except for the same story, all the animation is different for each episode...

<shrugs shoulders>
Old 2009-07-09, 14:56   Link #235
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Well in my prediction, all this E8 crap is going to count as one broadcast or two only.
An episode is an episode. They bought 28 episodes worth of broadcast time.

No, that's not going to happen. I will fall over like they do in bad gag anime if it does.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:57   Link #236
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

We can still looks forward to the novels coming out in America, at least.

How would you feel about Disappearance being made into a movie? Would be cool imo. (No, I'm not making theories here, I honestly believe they'll only churn out shit at this point)
Old 2009-07-09, 14:57   Link #237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Because I expect to be able to go into a thread for an anime I'm interested in and see more than endlessly-repetitive whining, off-topic tangents and novel spoilers? This is a discussion forum, not a chat room.

Quote:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IT IS.

Thanks to this, you'd be hard-pressed to have me give a rat's ass about the anime at this point, unless they somehow fit in Disappearance, but I doubt it.

Maybe I'll just go reread the novel.
So why don't you just go do it already rather than telling us over, and over, and over again that you're done with this show? I'll believe it when I see it -- or in this case, when I don't see it. Otherwise, could you at least stop pretending you don't care?
Old 2009-07-09, 14:57   Link #238
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wow...one wonders how people will take "Koi no Mikuru Densetsu" this time around.
Old 2009-07-09, 14:58   Link #239
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
An episode is an episode. They bought 28 episodes worth of broadcast time.

No, that's not going to happen. I will fall over like they do in bad gag anime if it does.
Is it possible for them to have lied? Along with the broadcast station?

Or is it against the law for the TV broadcast schedule to be fake?

Genuine question, not sarcasm @_@
Old 2009-07-09, 14:58   Link #240
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:

It all depend on how attractive the extra content is.
Closed Thread