AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-28, 07:46   Link #321
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Well, Windows 95 is so ancient that MS dropped all support of it, so it's nothing.
I just took another good look at it (and edited my post just as you were making yours). It does say "Morasoft" instead of Microsoft. Still kinda weird about the "Windows 95" font being exactly the same, you'd think that'd need a copyright to be animated. Either way it's a cool detail to put into the Disappearance world.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-28, 08:03   Link #322
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Well, I don't know 'bout you, but I can definitely make out "Microsoft". And like I said, they dropped all support so that may include legal support.

If not, they probably don't even care anymore for a copyright.
Old 2010-02-28, 08:36   Link #323
DmitryEV

Send a message via ICQ to DmitryEV
Quote:
Well, I don't know 'bout you, but I can definitely make out "Microsoft". And like I said, they dropped all support so that may include legal support.

If not, they probably don't even care anymore for a copyright.
This can be just "product placment". BTW, did you noticed "NEC" logo in left right corner ?
Old 2010-02-28, 08:48   Link #324
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryEV View Post
This can be just "product placment".
Don't think so. Those screens that showed Windows XP in the series were much better product placement in that case. Besides, even product placement needs royalties. I think.

Quote:
BTW, did you noticed "NEC" logo in left right corner ?
Yes I did, but I'm not sure it matters much.
Old 2010-02-28, 12:36   Link #325
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

It does say "Microsoft". Is it that difficult to believe that KyoAni took product placement money from the evil capitalist Micro$oft to help with the animation budget? Get real.

Or it's a 'shop.
Old 2010-02-28, 13:28   Link #326
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I also think that it's product placement. Otherwise, KyoAni could be in a lot of trouble.

One odd thing is that it's for an obsolete version of Windows. You'd think that Microsoft would at least want to have it be Windows XP (Windows 7 is probably too new for it to fit in the Disappearance story).
Old 2010-02-28, 13:41   Link #327
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One odd thing is that it's for an obsolete version of Windows. You'd think that Microsoft would at least want to have it be Windows XP
Except XP was already shown in the series and the novel clearly states that the Disappearance computer is of an old model with an ancient OS.

Sure, 95 might be a bit too far out, but anything pre-2K is pretty much obsolete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Or it's a 'shop.
Old 2010-02-28, 13:46   Link #328
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Except XP was already shown in the series
Yes, but the movie will probably get watched by more people than the series did. If your a company aiming for product placement, you'd probably want to reach the most people possible.

Anyway, it's no big deal, I just find this a bit odd from Microsoft's perspective (if they paid for this product placement).
Old 2010-02-28, 14:52   Link #329
DmitryEV

Send a message via ICQ to DmitryEV
Quote:
Except XP was already shown in the series and the novel clearly states that the Disappearance computer is of an old model with an ancient OS.

Sure, 95 might be a bit too far out, but anything pre-2K is pretty much obsolete.
That OS, shown in the series looked like Windows XP, but there wasn't any logo (you can find Linux "XP theme" that looks like Windows XP )
Old 2010-02-28, 15:34   Link #330
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Quote:
That OS, shown in the series looked like Windows XP, but there wasn't any logo (you can find Linux "XP theme" that looks like Windows XP )
I seriously doubt Linux uses Internet Explorer (6, even).
Old 2010-02-28, 21:55   Link #331
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
This...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Someone just hit the jackpot!
Spoiler for image size:
and this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
I melted when I saw this one >.<
Spoiler for image size:
are definitely the same scene right?
Notice in one of them, Nagato is wearing ONLY her school uniform and in the other one she's wearing a coat... KYON'S coat!
... Or is my imagination a bit too far fetched?

禁則事項です
Old 2010-03-01, 07:43   Link #332
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Seems like it.
Old 2010-03-01, 08:07   Link #333
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
This...
and this...
are definitely the same scene right?
Notice in one of them, Nagato is wearing ONLY her school uniform and in the other one she's wearing a coat... KYON'S coat!
... Or is my imagination a bit too far fetched?
There is some good evidence seen in the official guidebook (which I shall have pictures from later this week) that Kyon does give Yuki his coat. Here is a picture from Akiaiblog that shows some pictures from the scene and the top left appears to be Kyon putting his coat on her. Also the pictures at the bottom show Kyon with coat (right) and without coat (left).

Old 2010-03-01, 08:34   Link #334
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
There is some good evidence seen in the official guidebook (which I shall have pictures from later this week) that Kyon does give Yuki his coat. Here is a picture from Akiaiblog that shows some pictures from the scene and the top left appears to be Kyon putting his coat on her. Also the pictures at the bottom show Kyon with coat (right) and without coat (left).
Nice... that's a nice touch they added in terms of non-novel stuff

Noticed that the dialogue under the pics are direct from the novels, word for word.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-03-01, 10:35   Link #335
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Now if this is true, it will make most KyonxYuki fan(some part of me is) Squee!!!
Old 2010-03-01, 11:01   Link #336
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Yuki in Kyon's coat is irresistibly adorable. Just look at the 'Jackpot' scene; the innocence on her face, the sadness and longing in her eyes, and the repressed emotions inside her. Argh, one just wants to hug her tightly right now.

Kyon, you did good with the coat. Bravo.
Old 2010-03-01, 15:25   Link #337
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Is the Disapperance of Haruhi guide available in Kinokuniya?
Old 2010-03-01, 18:33   Link #338
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Is the Disapperance of Haruhi guide available in Kinokuniya?
It's on their Japanese store here. I have not ordered from there, so I do not know if they ship to the Philippines or not. I was lucky to pre-order mine from AmiAmi (who has half off EMS shipping this month, but are sold out of the guidebook). Good luck finding it!

Old 2010-03-02, 09:24   Link #339
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
It's on their Japanese store here. I have not ordered from there, so I do not know if they ship to the Philippines or not. I was lucky to pre-order mine from AmiAmi (who has half off EMS shipping this month, but are sold out of the guidebook). Good luck finding it!
Will they ship the guide to s'pore or m'sia?
Old 2010-03-02, 10:15   Link #340
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Will they ship the guide to s'pore or m'sia?
I must say that while ultimatemegax is an amazing source of information for us, it's impossible that he knows everything. Asking him about whether the guide will be shipped to Singapore or Malaysia is a little bit far-fetched I think

Aegisofrime and I are looking forward to the guide's arrival in Kinokuniya locally. I myself will check it out this weekend, as well as pick up some of the magazines I have been missing out lately, so hopefully I get to see some Yuki love there
Closed Thread