AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 17 26.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 12.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-07, 06:50   Link #81
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

NTR queen strikes again! lol

Though I am now curious about what she thinks. Hopefully its not a cliche.
Old 2012-08-07, 11:56   Link #82
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
As for "how she got there", I think that she could have joined initially as an observer the way Haru did (it seems that when there's a match going on, any other Burst Linker in the area can join as an observer), and then be able to join the battle when it got switched to "Battle Royale" mode. But of course, the issue is "how did she know now was the right time to burst", and I suppose she was either watching Haru/Taku for a sign, or already burst just waiting ready for the match to start, *or* Noumi could have arranged it somehow. (Can a Burst Linker summon an observer/team member to their match from within the game? Perhaps it was his insurance policy?) As for how she was able to use her ability, she just needed some way to charge her gauge; I suppose either she might have done something like Cyan Pile, or perhaps there's some way that a teammate's gauge could go up when the other teammate is in a critical state (though I don't think we've been told that yet).

Of course, this is all speculation.
The answer for "how she got there" is explained in ep 2, where the green Duel Avatar chooses to view Silver Crow's future matches. I'd say Noumi contacted Chiyu beforehand, and made her set the "view match" for him.

I also like to think that being called to watch a match doesn't consume Burst Points.
Like when Haruyuki was surprised when he accelerated on his first match, Ash Roller's window showed Silver Crow's points, which were 99...no points consumed.

As for Battle Royale, Noumi did it himself, so we can't see his menu, but he probably chose something like "Everyone viewing" instead of "Everyone nearby".

Finally, how Lime Bell filled her special bar...simple, she destroyed objects in the field. Maybe those bugs crawling on the walls.
Old 2012-08-07, 15:24   Link #83
halibonga

what a cliffhanger.. chiyu better have a good explanation for this
Old 2012-08-07, 22:58   Link #84
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
The answer for "how she got there" is explained in ep 2, where the green Duel Avatar chooses to view Silver Crow's future matches. I'd say Noumi contacted Chiyu beforehand, and made her set the "view match" for him.

I also like to think that being called to watch a match doesn't consume Burst Points.
Like when Haruyuki was surprised when he accelerated on his first match, Ash Roller's window showed Silver Crow's points, which were 99...no points consumed.

As for Battle Royale, Noumi did it himself, so we can't see his menu, but he probably chose something like "Everyone viewing" instead of "Everyone nearby".

Finally, how Lime Bell filled her special bar...simple, she destroyed objects in the field. Maybe those bugs crawling on the walls.
I think all these theories make perfect sense, particularly the "destroying random things to fill your bar" (considering that's exactly what she did earlier when she was going to try her power out for the first time). If this is all true, then it certainly supports the theory that her actions may have been motivated at least partly out of fear of Noumi's reprisal, and Haru and Taku hadn't counted on the fact that she may be scared/terrorized enough to play along with his games. This explanation is rather simple... but not in any way unreasonable.

The only "catch" is that, whatever leverage he has over her would have to have been strong enough to overcome the sound defeat she just witnessed. But I myself said that I didn't think Taku and Haru had really thought it through other than "we'll give him a lesson and 'make him' give Haru his wings back". There's absolutely no reason Noumi would ever agree to that in the first place; he can just say "no thanks" and keep on making them fight over and over (while he gets allies/reinforcements or learns new tricks to defeat them). Winning one battle doesn't amount to winning the war. Perhaps giving in to his threats for now is a way for Chiyu to extend the status quo until they come up with a real plan to defeat him in real life, not just the game.
Old 2012-08-08, 07:55   Link #85
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
The only "catch" is that, whatever leverage he has over her would have to have been strong enough to overcome the sound defeat she just witnessed. But I myself said that I didn't think Taku and Haru had really thought it through other than "we'll give him a lesson and 'make him' give Haru his wings back". There's absolutely no reason Noumi would ever agree to that in the first place; he can just say "no thanks" and keep on making them fight over and over (while he gets allies/reinforcements or learns new tricks to defeat them). Winning one battle doesn't amount to winning the war. Perhaps giving in to his threats for now is a way for Chiyu to extend the status quo until they come up with a real plan to defeat him in real life, not just the game.
Unless there are more who uses the same hiding program Noumi has, it is unlikely he gets reinforcement. They are connected to their school network, which outsides can't connect into.

Noumi uses burst points to improve his grades, so Taku's 'plan' was more or less possible, given Taku can actually beat Noumi 1v1.
All the points Noumi accumulated by duelling using Haru's wings would be taken by Taku, so there is no real gain by keeping the wings.
But since Taku can't beat him, he is a point machine for Noumi, not to mention the points used to actually catch him are quite a lot. If Noumi doesn't accelerate, Taku would waste points, so before long he would run out.
Old 2012-08-08, 10:18   Link #86
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Noumi did say "we will never accept that!" when Haru was talking about Burst Linking. At the very least, he has like-minded individuals somewhere.

But something tells me this will scale into a huge war between the old guard and the new "F2P Punks" that we see whenever an MMO changes monetization policy.
Old 2012-08-08, 15:10   Link #87
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
what a cliffhanger.. chiyu better have a good explanation for this
I'm almost certain that she does, so I'm willing to cut her some slack...for now.

Hmm...a war between the Old Guard and the New Punks. That could be interesting.

Endless "Destroying random things" Soul
Old 2012-08-09, 00:33   Link #88
GundamZZ
残念美人

10-4
At the end of this week, I like to see bunches people crying for misunderstood Chiyuri and they wanted her forgiveness.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-08-09, 02:48   Link #89
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
10-4
At the end of this week, I like to see bunches people crying for misunderstood Chiyuri and they wanted her forgiveness.
Considering the last preview...I kinda doubt that

But hopefully, it'll be next week...or the week after
Old 2012-08-09, 06:06   Link #90
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Come on Chiyuri. Show me what you can do. /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Old 2012-08-09, 09:00   Link #91
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Sky Laker is really an interesting character... Really hope she will re-join Black Legion soon

I like this episode... I almost shut off my laptop after watching Haruyuki's pitiful face in ep 15
in this episode, finally Haruyuki can show his mature side
Takumu is also a very good friend.... Great combination

3 possible reasons about why Lime Bell heals Dusk Taker :

1. She missed her target... she wanted to heal Silver Crow or Cyan Pile but heal Nomi instead... I'll laugh if this is the truth

2. yeah! She has fallen in love to Yomi... NTR... that's all

3. She wanted Yomi to finish Silver Crow and Cyan Pile (and her as well) so they will leave Accel World and get their childhood friendship again...

wait! A filler Okinawa episode??? why????????
Old 2012-08-09, 09:52   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
wait! A filler Okinawa episode??? why????????
Well, I don't think it's a "filler" episode; from the way things were worded in the episode preview, at least, it sounds like they're setting this up to be a war on multiple fronts. Noumi did say in this episode that he has allies. I am assuming that whatever is going on in Okinawa will ultimately lead back to a resolution of the main plot. So this is more of a perspective change than a side-topic. Of course, that's just my guess... we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2012-08-09, 13:34   Link #93
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Noumi uses burst points to improve his grades, so Taku's 'plan' was more or less possible, given Taku can actually beat Noumi 1v1.
Who'sa do what now? Are we watching the same series? He was fine when Noumi wasn't really trying, but the second the Incarnate System was used he went down like a sack of potatoes. His only chance would be in a 2v1 duel like we just saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Sky Laker is really an interesting character... Really hope she will re-join Black Legion soon
Raker, not Laker. While the jumping may make some think of Basketball, she's literally "raking" the sky, hence the name.
Old 2012-08-09, 13:45   Link #94
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Who'sa do what now? Are we watching the same series? He was fine when Noumi wasn't really trying, but the second the Incarnate System was used he went down like a sack of potatoes. His only chance would be in a 2v1 duel like we just saw.
Let me highlight the part you have probably missed.
Quote:
Assuming Taku can actually beat Noumi 1v1, the plan could have succeeded, but since he could not his plan failed.
Old 2012-08-09, 14:58   Link #95
Paradoxine

Quote:
I think all these theories make perfect sense, particularly the "destroying random things to fill your bar" (considering that's exactly what she did earlier when she was going to try her power out for the first time). If this is all true, then it certainly supports the theory that her actions may have been motivated at least partly out of fear of Noumi's reprisal, and Haru and Taku hadn't counted on the fact that she may be scared/terrorized enough to play along with his games. This explanation is rather simple... but not in any way unreasonable.

But...this is the thing, the status quo was blown the moment they tried to fight back. Even if they had lost, even if Chiyu healed Noumi and they repented, Noumi won't let thing's go back to how they were, where he gets x points a week. Even worse, the other characters have mentioned just how rare healer's are. I'm almost convinced Noumi didn't know about the healing power before this and if Chiyu wasn't being pressured by a 'greater' threat(i.e not the part about getting expelled), then it was the wrong thing to do to step in tbh.

I can sort of see why Chiyu would step in if she thought that Haru would really get expelled, but...it seems like it's too late for that tbqh. Noumi doesn't seem like the kind of person who would keep his word tbh.

Ahhh dammit why am I so intellectually invested in Accel World. Ah well. More drama next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
10-4
I have a feeling that there is an more than apt explanation for this, but I'm still going to rage at Chiyu regardless. I'll forgive her on the explanation episode.
Old 2012-08-09, 17:16   Link #96
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

lol want her forgiveness...that's cute...
Old 2012-08-09, 21:53   Link #97
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxine View Post
But...this is the thing, the status quo was blown the moment they tried to fight back. Even if they had lost, even if Chiyu healed Noumi and they repented, Noumi won't let thing's go back to how they were, where he gets x points a week.
I don't know... I think it depends on a) just how smart we think Noumi really is (in my judgement: not that smart, just spoiled), and b) if he thinks he still has the upper hand. He could use this as "this is what you get for trying to double-cross me and, guess what now it's double rations". Of course, that's not really the status quo either (because now Taku is involved), but one reaction he could take would be to entrench his position and think he has more leverage now than before. Particularly related to the next point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxine View Post
Even worse, the other characters have mentioned just how rare healer's are. I'm almost convinced Noumi didn't know about the healing power before this and if Chiyu wasn't being pressured by a 'greater' threat(i.e not the part about getting expelled), then it was the wrong thing to do to step in tbh.
If he didn't know that Chiyu was a healer, and he now thinks that she's on his side, he may feel even more invincible than before. It depends on just how convincing the act is. If she can play into his ego and make him believe that he's won her over completely, then he may go easy on the other guys for now (also knowing that they won't necessarily go against her).

But of course, again, this depends on Noumi displaying the same amount of sort of childish cockiness that he's shown so far... which I'm sort of counting on. His pride/arrogance is certainly going to be his downfall one way or another.
Old 2012-08-10, 03:48   Link #98
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
If he didn't know that Chiyu was a healer, and he now thinks that she's on his side, he may feel even more invincible than before. It depends on just how convincing the act is. If she can play into his ego and make him believe that he's won her over completely, then he may go easy on the other guys for now (also knowing that they won't necessarily go against her).
If that happens, then we'll be seeing some fake-NTR (that still makes some viewers rage), and a depressed Haru and Taku thinking she really betrayed them.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:49   Link #99
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... I just finished reading through the thread.

Hmm ... I must admit that I was also quite surprised when Lime Bell healed Dusk Taker, and I also thought that it could be b/c she is still under the latter's thumb somehow.

But then I remembered something - and that is that Dusk Taker is in the middle of an exam and has (iirc?) some kind of "time limit" or such? Didn't he mention that a few times in the fight? If this is so then Lime Bell healing him at a time when he has been defeated, and his continuing to fight would "show up" somehow in his test taking (like on the cameras) and he could be implicated for cheating or "doing things" during a test, which would call into question a lot of his other "successes" while at school.

So ... if this is the intent of Lime Bell's activity then imo it is a very shrewd one. And part of me wants to be convinced of this angle b/c after Silver Crow finished his training and showed up at school that morning it showed both Cyan Pile and Lime Bell looking at him while he entered the school room with serious looks on their faces. If it was choreographed by the two of them it would also explain why Lime Bell is present - she also knew what Cyan Pile was doing in trying to "catch" Dusk Taker cheating while taking tests.

There are likely plenty of holes in this theory, but it is a possibility that occurred to me, at least.
Old 2012-08-10, 11:53   Link #100
whitecloud

Well I'm assuming the reason chiyu heal nomi is because she probably has some plan or something like that...since my good guess is even if haru defeat nomi his wing won't come back

It's just a guess a derivation of heal is restore right, since chiyu always saying to restore thing to the way it once before maybe if her level is high enough she can take back haru's wing
Closed Thread