AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-22, 06:30   Link #21
Bern-san

UtaPri Debut though introduced the senpais, the main guys still had the spotlight (according to some gamers the one who was overshadowed was Nanami because there was too much bromance even if there were some romantic moments with her).

Looked at all the singles and album, I think these are all the albums excluding a couple of drama cds
Spoiler for space:
Old 2012-11-22, 09:17   Link #22
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
UtaPri Debut though introduced the senpais, the main guys still had the spotlight (according to some gamers the one who was overshadowed was Nanami because there was too much bromance even if there were some romantic moments with her).
For what it's worth I've seen only one person freak out over the "bromance," most of those who didn't like the game simply complained about the character interaction in general overshadowing the player character's interaction with the target guy, and also about some of the stories being too angsty. (In any case, I quite like the idea of OtoyaxTokiya, so I wouldn't have any problems with the bromance. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:35   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

I can sort of understand if the gamers were not so pleased with Nanami being overshadowed since it means less player self-insert situations, but in the case of the anime I doubt it'd be a problem at all. I mean, who watches UtaPri for Nanami anyway? Even Miyukicchi's lovely voice can only do so much.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:45   Link #24
kuromitsu

*raises hand* I think she's cute...

Anyway, that was Debut, but the release of the second season is a bit too uncomfortably close to the release of the All Stars game... :/ in Debut you couldn't play the senpai yet but they have routes in All Stars so I imagine the producers will want to promote them...
Old 2012-11-23, 12:45   Link #25
Miraluka
Banned

I think she's cute too. Bonus points for not being a dumb girl like coughk-on'scoughgirlscough* other anime characters.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 07:21   Link #26
Bern-san

Nanami also didn't annoy me.

And about who will get the spotlight in the 2nd season, I think that at least the teachers will just get 1 or 2 episodes and that's it.

A shame that Shining Saotome doesn't have a route. Well, he would need an entire game based on him and I wouldn't mind a yuri or friendship route with her roommate
Old 2012-11-26, 05:26   Link #27
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
and I wouldn't mind a yuri or friendship route with her roommate
Seriously, Tomochan is so cool, I'm kind of surprised she has no route, even if it's just friendship. I'd totally play that. (I mean, even the crossdresser has a route! )
Old 2013-01-02, 06:41   Link #28
Bern-san

Mamoru Miyano will sing the opening (still no details about the title of the song or anything). What a surprise that he is singing an UtaPri opening
Source
Old 2013-01-02, 07:43   Link #29
kuromitsu

They should've let someone else sing it this time, or have a group song. But I guess it can't be helped, he's the most famous from the group (except perhaps for Shimono Hiro but as cute as he is, he can't really sing) and plays the official love interest... *grumble grumble*

[Oops, I just noticed it was posted earlier.]

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-01-02 at 08:23.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:31   Link #30
Kakkou
Tch.

I think it's more because he is the most successful amongst STARISH as a solo artist (SuzuKen likely the second), so his label probably pushes hard for him. After all he sings the OP as himself and not Tokiya. Wel of course his position as main love interest helps too but still.
Old 2013-01-03, 05:01   Link #31
kuromitsu

^That's what I said, just with Shimono instead of Suzumura.

It's just that, even if he sings as himself, he still voices Tokiya who is already a bit over-exposed (yes, they needed some semblance of a plot in season 1, but tbh I fast-forwarded through most of his angst... it would've been a bit less painful if the rest of the group had been more involved) so I have this knee-jerk "mehh" reaction.

That reminds me, I wonder what they plan to do with the romance aspect, provided they want to take it further than it is now. S1 had pretty much done away with the possibility of an actual competition, so it would be annoying if they kept trying to make it seem as if there were more than one possibility. (It was bad enough in S1 when they kept pushing poor Otoya for some reason, even though it was obvious from ep 1 that Tokiya was the real love interest.) But it would be very boring if they hooked up just like that, with the rest of the guys providing decoration as wallflowers.

I guess the others could just officially hook up with each other and be done with it though even in that case Otoya would be still left out...
Old 2013-01-03, 05:52   Link #32
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
^That's what I said, just with Shimono instead of Suzumura.
I... have no idea how I ended up misinterpreting that. =x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That reminds me, I wonder what they plan to do with the romance aspect, provided they want to take it further than it is now. S1 had pretty much done away with the possibility of an actual competition, so it would be annoying if they kept trying to make it seem as if there were more than one possibility. (It was bad enough in S1 when they kept pushing poor Otoya for some reason, even though it was obvious from ep 1 that Tokiya was the real love interest.) But it would be very boring if they hooked up just like that, with the rest of the guys providing decoration as wallflowers.

I guess the others could just officially hook up with each other and be done with it though even in that case Otoya would be still left out...
Maybe they'll focus more on the music and silly hijinks this time? At least I hope they do, but I'm guess they'll just run circles with the romance and probably have the new seniors (and possibly the other guys) cockblock whenever needed.
Old 2013-01-03, 10:41   Link #33
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i'm a guy who watched this series but never played the game before because of NANAMI!!! <3

i mean her eyes reminds me of lemons, makes me wanna eat her~<3
she can make me her pop star anytime!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 11:53   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

I just hope Tokiya won't go emo again in this season.

Nanami's eyes were supposed to be green the anime make it scary eyes of hell.
Old 2013-01-03, 12:46   Link #35
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Maybe they'll focus more on the music and silly hijinks this time? At least I hope they do, but I'm guess they'll just run circles with the romance and probably have the new seniors (and possibly the other guys) cockblock whenever needed.
I do hope they'll have more music and hijinks this time... in S1 it was like "look, here are the guys, they're cute, now let's move on to Tokiya being emo the story"... We barely learned anything about them. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I just hope Tokiya won't go emo again in this season.
Tokiya seriously needs some defrosting. I know he's supposed to be the "cool"/ice queen type, but it's amusing to look at illustrations made for the anime: Tokiya often has this angry, disapproving look, like "wtf am I doing here, I hate this ಠ_ಠ)" and sticks out like a sore thumb. (And that's when he's not trying to smile, he looks scary then.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Nanami's eyes were supposed to be green the anime make it scary eyes of hell.
I don't think so - her eyes are the same in the game, except there the "shadow" is also green-ish, and there are more details. I guess they scrapped this from the anime because it would've been a pain to animate, and that's where it went wrong.

(Actually, if you look at most game stills/illustrations, everyone's eyes are like that, at least most of the time. It got changed to solid black pupils in the anime, except, for some reason, in Haruka's case.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-01-03 at 17:01. Reason: this is what happens when you mix up different versions of the same adverb
Old 2013-01-03, 13:00   Link #36
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
well since the 1st season somebody joked that Nanami had yandere eyes, which somehow makes sense if you read the plot.....
or even demonic/berserker eyes
or even heck: Gundam Seed's SEED Mode eyes, yes you got it, Nanami is basically superhuman 24/7 which seems legit awsome or hilarious
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 13:17   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

Nanami = Gundam newtype. Innovator?
Old 2013-01-29, 10:20   Link #38
Bern-san

Designs for the second season
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-29, 12:05   Link #39
Kakkou
Tch.

Still see no Kaoru. Well I guess the season'll be more focused on introducing the new senpais but any chance it'll have a Syo episode with Kaoru in it or has he missed his chance since he didn't show up in the first season?
Old 2013-01-29, 12:41   Link #40
kuromitsu

^Smile, Tokiya! SMILE!!

Masato looks serious, too, but Tokiya's face is like "I disapprove of your entire existence." XD I guess there needs to be one of these in every harem... Oh well, Otoya is nice as always. As for the senpai, I hope the anime won't focus too much on them, given that they already hog the spotlight in the All Star game...

Also, on the topic of Haruka's eyes, I've never minded them, but oh my god the game version of Ringo creeps me out. Behold:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Someone please hold me.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo