AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-29, 22:33   Link #41
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Yah, Amazon.com has all that's been done so far.
Old 2004-11-29, 22:53   Link #42
AnimeFangirl

And if you run a search for "Onizuka" you'll find several other discussions about the ending of the manga and differences in the anime, etc.
Old 2006-01-13, 23:42   Link #43
Morisato

Does anyone know what was with Mayu and the pills things? What was he about to say at the end? And what did he want to talk to Kikchi about and disappear for a week together?
Old 2006-01-21, 00:53   Link #44
ayyo

No one will ever know. They cutted out/never published Mayu and Kikuchi's arc that deals with Mayu's tragic past. We can only spectate what happened back then.
Only clues we know was: He had to take pills to keep himself under control after the event, Kikuchi was involved, he lost trust over teachers/school because of it, it was someone or a group of people since he mentioned going after them, and that it involves his dream/desire/whatever to be an idol.
Old 2006-01-22, 18:55   Link #45
Antonik

GTO Question? [spoliers??]

I'm reading GTO and i think i skipped some parts.. During the Mayo?? arc ( the blonde guy thats rich) he was taking those pills for anxiousness or nervousness and I never saw them mention the reason for it. Although the nurse asked why?? And then afterwards Mayo took Kikukichi because he needed some help, was it explained that they did? It showed them trying to hack into a site to get revenge, but then they went on the site about Myiabi and then it was never mentioned, or i missed it.
Old 2006-01-22, 20:39   Link #46
ayyo

Theres already a thread about GTO manga like in the freaking first page with the same exact question even being asked.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16416
Old 2006-01-24, 10:27   Link #47
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo

Theres already a thread about GTO manga like in the freaking first page with the same exact question even being asked.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16416
Sorry Didn't see it
Old 2006-07-11, 05:32   Link #48
stretch87
Anime Addict

quick question

i finished watching the anime but i want to know the rest of the story, which is why i'm now reading the manga. i planned on starting to read from the end of the school trip to that beach but right away there was an arch that wasn't in the anime (that rich mayu guy or whatever)

did the anime skip a lot of archs or did it follow the manga pretty well? i don't want to read 13 volumes nothing new happens.
Old 2006-07-11, 17:17   Link #49
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
The anime didn't really skip that many arcs. It's just that in the anime, some characters like Mayu, Ai, etc weren't shown in the anime. The anime actually followed the manga quite faithfully up until the last two episodes. The ending between the two (and Miyabi's problem) differed between manga and anime, partly because the anime took on a more serious tone than the manga.

But don't worry, from the manga beach trip onwards, pretty much everything is different from the anime. So read on, young adventurer.

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
Old 2006-07-14, 10:47   Link #50
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

GTO ending didn't disappoint me that much

but still what im thinking, and still am

Spoiler:

about the realistic thing, i think the authors tried to kill every student and onizuka in every situation that happened lol they are suicidial ? >_<
Old 2006-07-16, 20:16   Link #51
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Loved both the anime and manga. The ending of the anime was great, leaving all the missing arcs behind and shit.

While I just started the manga after the Okinawa arc, it was a brand new adventure to re-live the Onizuka experience again. The Mayu Arc, the Angels Arc, all of them were great, I was hoping for more.

The manga also had a much more deeper relationship between Onizuka and Urumi, cause I always imagined something would make them closer. Oh well, a terrific ending for the manga.
________
Claus Luthe

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:22.
Old 2006-07-17, 01:54   Link #52
be0wulf
it's friday

Urumi Kanzaki ftw!!

Old 2006-07-17, 03:29   Link #53
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

jeez i come back to the forums after two years and see an old thread i posted in resurrected...
I still like GTO, so much so that while I was in Japan I picked up a copy of Rose Hip Zero, which is also by Tohru Fujisawa...
it has nothing to do with GTO other than the female lead looks so much like Toroko it's frightening
Old 2006-07-18, 18:37   Link #54
Jinx626
Yo!!

Anyone pick up Shonan Junai Gumi "GTO the early years"? So far i like it...much more crude humor with onizuka and ryuji. Can't wait till volume 2 comes out later in the year.
Old 2006-07-22, 05:01   Link #55
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
actually yeah, just grabbed that the other day. It's pretty funny. I like it so far too! With the whole thing about his past and such. It's very funny!
Old 2006-10-10, 12:00   Link #56
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Saw the anime recently, loved it overall (didn't care much for the ending), so needed more and tore through the manga aswell. Was great to see more of Uzumi Kanzaki (liked her in the anime and liked her even more after reading the manga, making her my favorite character in GTO) and her somewhat obsessive attachment to Onizuka, shame it ended when it did, some Fuyutsuki/Kanzaki rivalry could have been funny. Throw in Julia for good measure, maybe even Mizuki from the first arc. XD Also too bad some loose ends weren't quite tied up, as already mentioned in this thread by others. But then again, it would've gotten too repetitive to go through the "student making trouble due to some sort of child trauma, onizuka pulling some crazy stunts and straightens him/her out" motions again. Most things were tied up pretty nicely anyway.
Old 2007-01-26, 23:41   Link #57
MugenIchiban

Hi, can someone help me answer a question?

Is Aizawa and Fujiyoshi girlfriend and boyfriend now or do they just like each other but keepin' it at that? Also, why would anyone care if they were going out?

To me it seems like a one-sided relationship or at least thats what I got from the manga. That's if they were actually going out though. It doesn't show them really doing anything with each other.

Last edited by MugenIchiban; 2007-01-27 at 00:31.
Old 2007-01-31, 23:04   Link #58
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
Is Aizawa and Fujiyoshi girlfriend and boyfriend now or do they just like each other but keepin' it at that? Also, why would anyone care if they were going out?

Maybe is the best answer I can give there is one panel where someone, Kikuchi I think (too lazy to go look it up) says something like " So you and Miyabi are....." to Fujiyoshi. It like a few things are left up to the reader.
Old 2007-01-31, 23:26   Link #59
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-01, 00:21   Link #60
be0wulf
it's friday

Wahhhh...necro moar?

Closed Thread

Tags