Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-19, 15:05   Link #201
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Stardust Crusaders will be a LONG season, so hopefully they will have a "mid-season song-change" at every 12 Episodes.

Because a catchy, upbeat song "Walk Like An Egyptian" may be (point in fact, loved it as a boy), and much as it may set the mood for what is to come, it is not one TENTH as cool or badass as "Roundabout: By YES!" was.
Let's hope that goes for the OP as well. The current ending is fine, but the OP isn't as great imo.
Old 2014-04-19, 19:51   Link #202
RoboMambo

I didn't remember Avdol's desciption of Dio (so rousing). I did remember the pose when they leave the house. Dio did learn to get a picture without wasting a perfectly good camera.

They will adapt Tower of Grey, which I'd say is one of the most skippable fight, so I'm guessing they won't skip anything. And it's still the first volume, it seems like they going for a long run here.
RoboMambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 21:00   Link #203
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
They will adapt Tower of Grey, which I'd say is one of the most skippable fight, so I'm guessing they won't skip anything. And it's still the first volume, it seems like they going for a long run here.
The op pretty much hints that they aren't going to skip anything (them tarot cards), in fact the contents pretty much don't spoil anything big expect for the 5 members.

Also, convinently the op pretty much hints only the first half of the series, the late game can't be visible at all (unlike the battle tendency or chi no sadame ops); so yeah, this is soo gonna have 2 ops.
Old 2014-04-20, 06:42   Link #204
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMambo View Post
Tower of Gray can't be skipped. The fight itself may not be very important, but the whole event is essential to avoid plot holes in the anime.
Old 2014-04-20, 07:07   Link #205
hamazura
whatever

i dont like opening theme.... and ending too.
roundabout, and first 2 opening are far better than part 3 song

SONO CHI NO SADAMEEE JYOOOOOOOOOOO.... JO!
Old 2014-04-20, 07:37   Link #206
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Tower of Gray can't be skipped. The fight itself may not be very important, but the whole event is essential to avoid plot holes in the anime.
I agree. I read some WEB news that in Japan, Jojo part 3 is most popular anime in this season (certain popular recording reservation ranking)
and as everybody knows, part1 and 2's sales were great.

Though I don't know the detail but at least there is no reason to shorten the series simply.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 08:05   Link #207
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Also avoiding Frodos asking why don't Joestars just fly to Mordor on eagle's back.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 09:25   Link #208
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Also avoiding Frodos asking why don't Joestars just fly to Mordor on eagle's back.
That's exactly what I was thinking about. It would have been awful if they had skipped Tower of Gray.
Old 2014-04-20, 10:09   Link #209
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Welp am i late joining the bandwagon?

Anyway have to say that this is exactly the Jojo i've been waiting for all these years. Watched till episode 3 and i have totally nothing to complaint about.. everything was kampeki right from the start Ono Daisuke performed greatly as Jojo, as to be expected. Same to Daisuke Hirakawa, tho i expect Kamiya Hiroshi would make a better Kakyoin, but all in all, i love the current Kakyoin's voice too.

Of course with voice that GAR, i wonder how they're going to voice the part when they have their cartoonish moment, especially for Polnareff and Joseph. I've heard Joseph's SHIT (yea it rox), and now waiting for his OH MY GOD. Hopefully Ishizuka delivers that part nicely
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 19:33   Link #210
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So we learned so far that Stands can only be wielded by Jonathan's descendants and the people touched by Dio, right? Then, the guy from the next episode. I guess he also met Dio right?
Old 2014-04-20, 19:44   Link #211
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
So it turns out Crunchyroll's stream of Stardust Crusaders is far better in quality than Tokyo MX's broadcast. Japanese fans aren't terribly happy about this, of course.

Images
comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I've noticed that's the case for every series that airs on CR. You don't notice it most of the time since anime don't generally move much, but in the scenes with a lot of movement the CR video feed is always superior to the TV broadcast version.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 19:47   Link #212
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
So we learned so far that Stands can only be wielded by Jonathan's descendants and the people touched by Dio, right? Then, the guy from the next episode. I guess he also met Dio right?
No. There are those born with Stands like Abdul and Kakyoin. And those who obtained one through special circumstances such as the Joestars.
Old 2014-04-20, 21:13   Link #213
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
There are two kinds of stand users in the world of Jojo: those who were born with those powers, and those whose Stand abilities were induced by an outside force.

The Joestars fall under the latter, and many more of thise type appear in parts 4 and 5.
Old 2014-04-20, 21:20   Link #214
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

To help some people to understand, think of it like Raildex where Espers are either Gemstones or "artificial". Stand-users are along that line, some are natural-born Stand-users or the gemstones of Jojoverse. Others becomes such because of something else.

However, unlike Raildex where being a Gemstone have a stronger chance to make you win the superpower lottery, being born with a stand don't make one stronger. There are some "artificial" stand-users who have just plain unfair Stand abilities. And finally, even having imba Stand abilities don't always make you win fights. It's how you play the cards.
Old 2014-04-20, 21:32   Link #215
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Also a bit of trivia, one of the original concepts was that the creation of a Stand was just the natural end result of training in Hamon (see how the term Stand used to be written in kanji rather than the kana we see now). Something similar to this appears much MUCH later, but not within the scope of Stardust Crusaders.

And Sheba is right: having an imba power means NOTHING unless you know how to properly use it where Stands are concerned.
Old 2014-04-21, 00:13   Link #216
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i dont like opening theme.... and ending too.
roundabout, and first 2 opening are far better than part 3 song

SONO CHI NO SADAMEEE JYOOOOOOOOOOO.... JO!
Nah...Bangle song in the ed is far superior, although Walk Like an Egyptian is not their best one(I think).

Maybe those songs are close to the mangaka's taste in music. Maybe they will display a Prince song.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 08:35   Link #217
MCAL

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/04/19...vdbd-releases/

There are only going to be 24 episodes? That makes zero sense.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 08:48   Link #218
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

24 was the closest expectation. 36 or 39 were what Jojobros hoped.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:54   Link #219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Of course with voice that GAR, i wonder how they're going to voice the part when they have their cartoonish moment, especially for Polnareff and Joseph. I've heard Joseph's SHIT (yea it rox), and now waiting for his OH MY GOD. Hopefully Ishizuka delivers that part nicely
I don't have any worries. Ishizuka has been perfect in these first three episodes. His voice is EXACTLY the one I always imagined for Old Joseph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/04/19...vdbd-releases/

There are only going to be 24 episodes? That makes zero sense.
Split cour, maybe? We'll find out soon enough if they skip fights.
Old 2014-04-21, 09:04   Link #220
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Ishizuka is mighty fine. It'd have been hard to listen Sugita's Old Joseph without thinking of Nichibros and worrying about his vocal chords.

Tags
fabulous, shounen