AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-08, 06:23   Link #61
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The fact that the MC sounds, and even kind of acts, like SAO's Kirito, somehow makes this much more amusing to me.
Nah, Arata Kasuga's voice is a mix of both Yuuki Aito and Sorata Kanda, thanks to Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 07:02   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Nah, Arata Kasuga's voice is a mix of both Yuuki Aito and Sorata Kanda, thanks to Yoshitsugu Matsuoka.
Arata sounded like Kirito to me. And Matsuoka does in fact play Kirito.
Old 2014-10-08, 08:33   Link #63
Marina2

Funny, confident and prevert MC is what I like about this show. It is also a plus that all girls are fine with how MC act.
Old 2014-10-08, 09:18   Link #64
Pablete
Banned

I thought A rata sounded more like Sora from No game No life.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 09:39   Link #65
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Trinity Seven was not as terrible as I had expected. In-fact, it was quite entertaining.

However, I think it would have been more effective, had they started with the day when the tragedy where that Black Sun destroys the town. That being said, it's rather obvious that the MC is keeping a mask ontop of how he really feels. It's just that while I can intellectually comprehend the MC's current emotions, because the initial destruction of the town wasn't shown comprehensively, it's harder to emotionally sympathize.

I am not sure whether this decision was made because of a limited episode count, and whether the source material was structured differently, but I get the sense alot of material was skipped through or compressed substantially. I also get a feeling there's alot of worldbuilding skipped over, even though given the MC knows nothing of magic, there were many opportunities to at least integrate some worldbuilding exposition naturally into the scenes. For example, what is the Black Sun Phenomena? Do all Mages use Grimore's necessarily, or do they have some other source to focus their powers? What is a demon lord exactly, besides someone who can create artificial worlds? There is some decent exposition included incidentally, such as the strongest mages are females and magic is dependent on emotions(though it plays into the gender stereotype that females are more emotional than males), or that there are seven fields of magic.

It's clear that Lilith is probably the main girl of this series - they were basically hitting the audience on the head with that. Hijiri takes the role of "dead little sister", even though Hijiri is still alive in some unknown manner. There are compelling mysteries being set up here, such as Hijiri's true fate and nature (is she a mage?), the origins of the Grimmore, why our MC wasn't discovered before this point if he was such an OP Mage, why our MC is an exception to the rule that female mages tend to be more powerful than males, how is Airin linked to Hijiri, why is the headmaster so accommodating, and so on.

If the limited episode count and hence rushed pacing played a role in the problems of this episode, this may not be a good sign for the anime as a whole. The first episode certainly is compelling in selling the show's premise, but it also hints of possible problems with the show itself down the road. This show is almost certainly going to be on my watch list.
If you actually want answers, you could go to the manga thread (or just read it, as it is truly fantastic). However, I will say that a majority of your questions should be answered in the next two or three episodes provided they stick with the source material, which by all accounts they are doing a fairly good job of.
Old 2014-10-08, 10:45   Link #66
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Arata sounded like Kirito to me. And Matsuoka does in fact play Kirito.
I heard Kirito as well. Although whether that was because I read your comment before watching the episode, I can't say.

Episode 1 was better than I expected. I didn't have too many expectations though but I genuinely enjoyed the show. (I've been on a magic school kick for the past few seasons so that may be part of it.) I've very curious about the world setting and hope they'll spend some time explaining the background in between the ero highjinks.

I would like to see Arata find a male sidekick friend simply to balance the cast a little. But I doubt that will happen since no other guy appeared in the credits or stood out from the background in the classroom. (Headmaster doesn't count.) Ah, well. Can't have everything, I suppose.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 11:06   Link #67
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

It's because Yoshitusgu Matsuoka, the guy who plays Arats, plays both Kirito and Sora as well as some other recognizable names. Here's ANN's page on him, it lists all his character roles. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=93780
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 11:12   Link #68
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
It's because Yoshitusgu Matsuoka, the guy who plays Arats, plays both Kirito and Sora as well as some other recognizable names. Here's ANN's page on him, it lists all his character roles. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=93780
Yes. What I was saying, and I believe this is what Triple_R meant as well, is that of Matsuoka's numerous characters, he sounds like he's reusing his Kirito voice more than any of his other character voices.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 11:25   Link #69
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Funny, confident and prevert MC is what I like about this show. It is also a plus that all girls are fine with how MC act.
All the qualities that I want in a MC for a harem anime
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 13:19   Link #70
desrtsku
Nympholept

It has nice visuals, nice music (that ed is damn catchy? I like it), decent pacing, I'm quite happy with what we've got here.

Selina is as cute as I expected (I can't get that pretty face with blonde twintails out of my mind + glasses).
Lilith is as well endowed as expected.
Arin is as deadpan as expected.
Needs more of Grimoire-chan's voice, it's cuter than I expected (oh! Kugimiya!?).
I also didn't expect Levi's voice to be the cute type. Sasuga Ninja-chan, she even manages to surprise you beyond the 4th wall.
Still waiting for a more formal appearance of the others.
More importantly Arata is amazing. 11/10 (harem) protagonist, would laugh again.
Old 2014-10-08, 13:51   Link #71
Idealist 99

Seem Kind of Rush and Some hilarious moment was cut !!!
Old 2014-10-08, 13:54   Link #72
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The fun part is lieselotte is probably not gonna appear till episode 5 possibly 6 depending on how they do it
Nooooooo!: She the best she the Akeno of the group but in all seriousness she probably won't be in until episode 6 or 5.
Old 2014-10-08, 13:57   Link #73
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
That's my initial impression so far.
She really best girl, Lith is your generic tsundere well to a extent Arata have at least 2 tsunderes in his group everybody is mellow and go along for the ride.
Old 2014-10-08, 14:07   Link #74
Kreceir

the voice actor of the headmaster sounds really familiar,
I know he voiced umekai Shintaro in Raimuiro Senkitan
Old 2014-10-08, 14:25   Link #75
XFire
150% done

Having actually watched it now, I can tell it was rushed. To be honest, they should have made the first chapter take up the entire first episode, and have him get to the academy in the second.

Still, not bad.
Old 2014-10-08, 14:42   Link #76
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Having actually watched it now, I can tell it was rushed. To be honest, they should have made the first chapter take up the entire first episode, and have him get to the academy in the second.
I, however, think the way it currently is is better as a pilot episode. Nothing much happened in the first chapter and it doesn't reflect the global feel of the rest of the manga either. But it's just my opinion, of course.
Old 2014-10-08, 15:29   Link #77
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Still, not bad.
Since it will cover till chap 30, this is a good pace, and the things that were skipped were just jokes
Old 2014-10-08, 16:38   Link #78
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Since it will cover till chap 30, this is a good pace, and the things that were skipped were just jokes
But the jokes are part of the series charm. If you cut out too many of the jokes, than people like that reviewer on ANN who actually prefer dense and playboy dumbass protagonists instead of those like Arata will have even more reason to flame the series.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 17:26   Link #79
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I, however, think the way it currently is is better as a pilot episode. Nothing much happened in the first chapter and it doesn't reflect the global feel of the rest of the manga either. But it's just my opinion, of course.
Maybe so, though my reasoning was that spending a whole episode on his "normal life" would give a better background on him and his reasons for being a magus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
It might be necessary, but I wouldn't call it good. I mean, we went from "I'm a normal high school student" to "I'll be a magician" in 10 minutes. Lilith defrosted too fast, and they just dumped Levi and Arin on us.
Old 2014-10-08, 17:26   Link #80
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
reviewer on ANN who actually prefer dense and playboy dumbass protagonists instead of those like Arata will have even more reason to flame the series.
Do u actually care about them???

Tags
ecchi, harem, seven sins, shonen