AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-16, 18:40   Link #7781
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Humans are slighting more forgiving.

Plus there is an order to things in these conflicts. "We have to be alive if we want to fight each other to the death, (one on one)...and this creature is kicking both our asses".

Judging by the looks on their faces at the end, the human and the orc had probably heard of Panderans before, and finally getting a good look at one, plus the green beauty of the place they were in, awed them.

(To the human, it might remind them of Northshire or Lorderon before the wars, and to the orc it might remind them of Nagrand.)
Old 2012-08-16, 19:18   Link #7782
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Edit: Also, there should be no truce! Dwarves have long memories... and the Horde's atrocities will not go unpunished... [/end role play]
The Horde never really did anything to the dwarves though, the got ignored in the first two wars, except for the wildhammer clans.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:04   Link #7783
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Well we all be hearin' what those green-skinned galoots did t' our allies 'n Ashenvale, an' I be hearin' disturbin' things from up north, where I hear th' Banshee Queen an' her band of livin' dead are up to no good fer all th' livin'..

If it weren't fer our own troubles wit' the Council, I'd half a mind to callin' for a counter-attack instead o' diggin' fer Titan artifacts or getting hoity-toity wit' them Darkirons. [/end roleplay]
Old 2012-08-17, 02:17   Link #7784
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In game terms, that looks like two warriors ungeared verses a geared monk.

Does make me wonder who's voicing the Pandaran narrator.
Not just a geared monk. They are 2 undergeared warriors fighting against a VERY skilled monk by the name of Chen Stormstout.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:33   Link #7785
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not just a geared monk. They are 2 undergeared warriors fighting against a VERY skilled monk by the name of Chen Stormstout.
Who, for those who didn't play Warcraft 3, was one of the Heroes who helped shape the current Horde into existence.

Cheers.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:57   Link #7786
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Who, for those who didn't play Warcraft 3, was one of the Heroes who helped shape the current Horde into existence.

Cheers.
He doesn't pick sides these days, though. He tagged along in WC3 days more because of Rexxar. And Rexxar isn't exactly a favourite of Garrosh. Chen is about balance and booze. Something both the Horde and Alliance aren't good at.
Old 2012-08-17, 03:02   Link #7787
Kyouka
Is Here

does anyone here arena?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 03:12   Link #7788
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
does anyone here arena?
Not since season 3 aka the season where nearly every gladiator transferred to Bloodlust and more precisely Blackrock horde.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 03:22   Link #7789
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
He doesn't pick sides these days, though. He tagged along in WC3 days more because of Rexxar. And Rexxar isn't exactly a favourite of Garrosh. Chen is about balance and booze. Something both the Horde and Alliance aren't good at.
I'd have figured the Alliance would have the booze down pat, what with the Dwarves and all.

Also, would you guys say that Pandaria is worth coming back for? I lost interest in early-mid Cata with the raids (srsly, had been doing that non-stop since the game launched). Dunno if I'd raid, but I'd be curious to try some things.

Also, that cinematic was pretty amusing, particularly when the panda turned up.
Old 2012-08-17, 05:55   Link #7790
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Objectively the changes sound good and fancy, but for my personal "experience"?
- WoW feats Farmville and friends? Been there done that, though fun for those who needs a change from dailys and raid so more power to them
- Quicker instances? I can see the incoming flamewar of "leet and hardcore skillz" versus the rest. Personally, I have never been interested into instances in any form

Should I decide to get the expansion (even though I won't play it on my laptop due to my VNs eating hdd space like crazy; so it takes some time automatically until I would be able to play), then it will be like Cata mostly to reach the max. level, to see the new zones and - maybe - test out the monk (depending on how the more active combat with them feels like).
Anyway, let's wait and see how the first impressions for the release version will turn out .
Old 2012-08-17, 07:55   Link #7791
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
I'd have figured the Alliance would have the booze down pat, what with the Dwarves and all.

Also, would you guys say that Pandaria is worth coming back for? I lost interest in early-mid Cata with the raids (srsly, had been doing that non-stop since the game launched). Dunno if I'd raid, but I'd be curious to try some things.

Also, that cinematic was pretty amusing, particularly when the panda turned up.

- Every player has a chance to get a Legendary and has an equal chance at getting the mount from Alani.
- LFR is better and Good Fortune Charms will improve your chances of getting loot.
- Dailies are better, more creative, faster and there are plenty of them to do.
- The zones are very story and lore rich. The questing in Pandaria is easily the best experience of all versions. LK was definitely my fave until now but Pandaria has beaten it.
- Levelling Professions is easier.
- Challenge Modes offer good rewards and chances at prestigious mounts.
- The new instances/heroics are a lot more fun than Cata's.
- Black Market AH has some interesting things on offer.
- The zones are damn beautiful.
- A lot of annoying problems from previous expansions have been fixed.
- Pandas are kewl.

Look, if you're expecting a ground-breaking version, it's not it. There's only so many things you can do to an MMO. Is it superior to Cata? Definitely. Is it superior to LK? Perhaps.

Edit: For any mount collectors, confirmation the Black Market stocks the hard to get ones. Drake of the North Wind aka the 1% chance one from Vortex Pinnacle is currently on the Lost Isles BMAH. Was swiftly bidded to the 1 million cap.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-17 at 10:38.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:46   Link #7792
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
- WoW feats Farmville and friends? Been there done that, though fun for those who needs a change from dailys and raid so more power to them
My guild-mate assured the rest of his folks who're high-leveled in guild chat about a week ago that it wasn't so much Farmville as Harvest Moon/Rune Factory.

Which to me sounds awesome (having played one of them Rune Factory ones on my niece's DS) and me getting hooked on juggling schedule and crops and fighting monsters and winning the hand of the girl of my dreams. Now if only I could also do the same for the sake of a sprightly dwarven lass in-game...
Old 2012-08-17, 18:25   Link #7793
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
The Horde never really did anything to the dwarves though, the got ignored in the first two wars, except for the wildhammer clans.
Actually the Orcs laid siege to Ironforge multiple times, however they never could dislodge the Dwarves. I'm surprised that Blizzard never continued on that since the Dwarves are one of the few races that the old Horde almost never won against because the Dwarves were masters of siege and defense. Of course defending only doesn't win wars, so the Dwarves just left it to the humans to lead the offense.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 18:39   Link #7794
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is even a wrecked Horde catapult in the museum at Ironforge as a reminder of just how close the orcs got to taking the place.

The Wildhammers on the otherhand have been fighting the Horde or pieces of the Horde since the Second War. Particularlly against the Dragonmaw Clan, both on Azeroth and in Outland.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:00   Link #7795
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, I guess people weren't aware Theramore is cactus come Pandaria.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:36   Link #7796
Destined_Fate

Really? That place is a big part of the Novel/Theramore Event and apparently for MoP...

Spoiler:

They also seem to be hosting the Theramore event before MoP. Good thing I already did all the quests there. Will miss the place, real shame since that place is the most fortified Alliance City.

Well, was... Also, anyone catch Jaina's new model? Have they released it yet?
Old 2012-08-17, 22:53   Link #7797
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spoiler for The relations:
Old 2012-08-18, 01:42   Link #7798
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

So, she's marrying for money/power? Such a gold digger!
Old 2012-08-18, 04:49   Link #7799
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for The relations:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-18, 05:09   Link #7800
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
All I have to say to the spoiler stuff, remember the only lore-crafting guy Blizzard still has is Chris Metzen, and as good as he is at crafting a rich universe, he's absolutely horrible when it comes to direction of story. Just look at what happened to SC2 without James Phinney's help.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows