AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-21, 21:07   Link #41
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Or the renumeration is something very discrete, like getting your human feelings back was for that girl; maybe his renumeration is acting stupid now and then, just kidding. As for Mao's case its inconclusive, I don't recall anyone saying he didn't have any, there was just no focus on it. Also, we know contractors don't have to pay it right after they use their powers and can use their powers multiple times before doing it, so it proves nothing.

There is or should be a simple way to cheat the renumeration though. A contractor has to do it after he uses his power, but in cases like what Hei and Mao have (which is just a coincidence to the paragraph above) they can in theory never stop using it, Hei's being molecular level what-not and Mao just by never going back to his/her body. The star twinkling might be a problem, but we don't know enough about it to shoot this theory down, yet.
Old 2009-10-21, 21:24   Link #42
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Or the renumeration is something very discrete, like getting your human feelings back was for that girl; maybe his renumeration is acting stupid now and then, just kidding. As for Mao's case its inconclusive, I don't recall anyone saying he didn't have any, there was just no focus on it. Also, we know contractors don't have to pay it right after they use their powers and can use their powers multiple times before doing it, so it proves nothing.

There is or should be a simple way to cheat the renumeration though. A contractor has to do it after he uses his power, but in cases like what Hei and Mao have (which is just a coincidence to the paragraph above) they can in theory never stop using it, Hei's being molecular level what-not and Mao just by never going back to his/her body. The star twinkling might be a problem, but we don't know enough about it to shoot this theory down, yet.
As for Mao case, i believe that he has already completed his renumeration after he lost his body forever. No original body means that you can't pay your renumeration.

I believe same thing also happens with that doctor case in eps 7-8 in S1...
Old 2009-10-21, 21:42   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
As for Mao case, i believe that he has already completed his renumeration after he lost his body forever. No original body means that you can't pay your renumeration.
The person to whom I was replying said the exact same thing. Would explain it yes, but can't just take facts out of thin air.
Quote:
I believe same thing also happens with that doctor case in eps 7-8 in S1...
Um, which doctor case?
Old 2009-10-21, 22:04   Link #44
Xacual

Except it was proven in S1 he has no renumeration. Also Mao commented in S1 that he doesn't have to pay renumeration anymore.

He probably means the guy that jumps bodies like Mao does but in people and killing employees of that company. He lost his original body and doesn't have a renumeration anymore either. Anyway I think Mao said it in ep 7 or 8 about not needing to pay renumeration anymore.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-21, 22:22   Link #45
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
The person to whom I was replying said the exact same thing. Would explain it yes, but can't just take facts out of thin air.
Um, which doctor case?
Sorry wrong information.
Not doctor, but some kind of perfume maker...
The one that can possess other's people body.

He doesnt have to pay renumeration too cause he has already lost his own body and now living in other's people body...
Old 2009-10-21, 22:41   Link #46
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Sorry wrong information.
Not doctor, but some kind of perfume maker...
The one that can possess other's people body.

He doesnt have to pay renumeration too cause he has already lost his own body and now living in other's people body...
I remember that episode...

The interesting thing about it is that it implies that renumerations are tied to one's own body, meaning that it could be some sort of an obsession that is imposed on one's psyche. Then you get a new brain/body, and it all goes away.

So when a contractor pays renumeration, it isn't to 'fuel' his powers. Nothing supernatural about it. It says intersting things about the Contracts themselves. When a Contractor gains power, it's simply one's potential waking up in reaction to puberty, perhaps. It would tie into the manga, too...
Old 2009-10-22, 06:35   Link #47
dear4life
Contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Except it was proven in S1 he has no renumeration. Also Mao commented in S1 that he doesn't have to pay renumeration anymore.
Yes, you are right. Mao had said at the end of ep.8, "His contract was probably fullfilled when he lost his body, as was mine."

A lot of people like to skip those two episodes because of the detective and Kiko, but it actually gives us a great insite on Contractors contracts. And even though we don't know that Bai is in Hei at the time, it gives us a clue later on to why Hei doesn't have a price either. He doesn't have one because it's Bai's power, not his.

Last edited by dear4life; 2009-10-22 at 07:32.
Old 2009-10-23, 00:43   Link #48
Hedd
Random Object

Hei has always been an anomaly through out the entire anime. Everytime we were introduced to a new aspect of the contractors, we found out that Hei didn't abide by that very aspect. It was one of the mysteries that was never really revealed. They keep hinting to things behind the curtain but haven't given us a real glimse yet...part of the charm of the series imo.

My opinion? I think Pai is part of Hei now and I'm not talking in his heart. Possibly something done to save Hei from whatever happened in the Heaven's Gate tragedy resulting in some interesting side effects. I'm interested in many of the secrets they have yet to reveal.

On a bit of a throwback note: While it's pretty notable that Hei and Suou seem to be on parallel paths, does it seem like Hei is also evolving into an older brother roll similar to Pai's relationship with him? History repeating itself type of deal.
Old 2009-10-23, 00:47   Link #49
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
My opinion? I think Pai is part of Hei now and I'm not talking in his heart. Possibly something done to save Hei from whatever happened in the Heaven's Gate tragedy resulting in some interesting side effects. I'm interested in many of the secrets they have yet to reveal.

That's exactly what happened, according to the anime.

Anyways, I for one admire Hei's willingness to straddle naked young women.
Old 2009-10-23, 02:40   Link #50
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
He claimed in the previous( 2nd) episode that the contractors are allowed to molest lolis
Old 2009-10-24, 12:34   Link #51
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well he got a full body view of this one.

Only one area to go.
Old 2009-10-26, 09:36   Link #52
Battler-kun

Li-Kun will never be forgotten

That's a video i found. It really reminds me of old moments
Li-kun played bei Hei is just fabolous.

Old 2009-10-26, 10:06   Link #53
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
That's a video i found. It really reminds me of old moments
Li-kun played bei Hei is just fabolous.

Awesome video.
To bad we won't see Li-kun anymore.
At least we still have Misaki chasing Hei
Old 2009-10-26, 12:41   Link #54
Aqua Knight

"It 's not as much as I usually eat..."
Priceless!
Old 2009-10-26, 14:53   Link #55
Haladflire65
*Artist

Aww... I miss Hei playing Li-kun... I really do...

It's sad that Season 2 feels so different. I loved Kuro no Keiyakusha.
Old 2009-10-26, 15:44   Link #56
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Watching that video...made me sad all over again.

So nostalgic.

Hopefully Li-kun makes a come-back ;__;
Old 2009-10-27, 21:29   Link #57
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Li-kun will be missed but shit happened and now we have Hobo Hei. I'll be happy if he just shaves and stops drinking alcohol.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:19   Link #58
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Aw Li-Kun I miss him too.

Hobo Hei < Li-Kun. Maybe we would see Li-Kun again, after all we don't know how much of Li is the real Hei and how much of Hei is the real Li.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:30   Link #59
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Li-kun will be missed but shit happened and now we have Hobo Hei. I'll be happy if he just shaves and stops drinking alcohol.
bahahahahaha. awesome post. but somehow i dont think Hei will shave because he will be trying to raise money for Movember.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:45   Link #60
Battler-kun

I do wonder though whether if he is really a Hobo or not.....

I mean he is a big eater. And somehow he has to pay for the food bills...
From big eater to big drinker....
Closed Thread

Tags
characters