AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-12, 17:59   Link #41
SasuNaru4ever

did they actually say she's dead? cause I might missed that piece of info... but if she is alive I would like her to become part of the main characters, but the problem with that is, she can't just show up to naruto's door step and be like "hey naruto, rememeber me? im your MOM! oh and btw honey, could take my bags to my room for me? im tired from the journey here." ya know? but I think it would suck if she was a villain bcuz I want to see Mother and Son back-to-back in battle! HAHAHA and I want to see what her powers and fighting style are like.
SasuNaru4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 18:05   Link #42
SasuNaru4ever

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Possibilities and assumptions I guess...and in case she does show up, character development!
So, from a serious approach, there could be millions of reasons for her to leave Naruto's side: sent as a spy to tail Madara but got defeated/tricked and wound up in an unintroduced country/village, sleeping in eternal genjutsu and in need of saving, etc. Having her as a villain would be shallow at this point, although if she was introduced earlier back before Narutism started, she could have been a good villain who hated Naruto for taking away her husband's life.
A possible encounter with Sakura, who kishimoto claims will become important, would be very interesting though.
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Fukitsu Naruto though, females are treated like milk...they expire pretty fast.
WAIT. So kishimoto said she might have a possible encounter with sakura?? Dude! Red hair vs. Pinky!
SasuNaru4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 18:23   Link #43
Jehuty

Kushina's dead.

Kyuubi was sealed right as Naruto was born, and if it's anything like Gaara's seal, the mother's life was lost upon giving birth.

Had she lived, I highly doubt that she would become a villain. Why should anyone -- Jiraiya, Kakashi, Iruka -- the 4th himself! -- keep her existence a secret from Naruto? It just wouldn't make sense.
Old 2010-01-12, 18:47   Link #44
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuNaru4ever View Post
WAIT. So kishimoto said she might have a possible encounter with sakura?? Dude! Red hair vs. Pinky!
Never the less, if this happens it would be good for the storyline.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 18:52   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
Kyuubi was sealed right as Naruto was born, and if it's anything like Gaara's seal, the mother's life was lost upon giving birth.
Karura (Gaara and the Sand sibling’s mother) was the sacrifice needed to fuel the seal to imprison the Ichibi. Minato sacrificed himself to imprison the Kyuubi. There is nothing anywhere about Kushina being sacrificed. Additionally,

Spoiler for manga...:

So, Kushina had seemingly nothing to do with the Sealing of the Kyuubi.

Quote:
Had she lived, I highly doubt that she would become a villain. Why should anyone -- Jiraiya, Kakashi, Iruka -- the 4th himself! -- keep her existence a secret from Naruto? It just wouldn't make sense.
For all we know, Kushina could have abandoned Naruto, or maybe she hates Konoha for sacrificing her husband/lover and son, etc (There is no definitive reason to assume that Kushina was a "good" mother, considering how many fucked up parents there are in the series.)

Whatever the case may be, there are plenty of potential reasons for her not to be present in Naruto's life, but still being alive. And her simply dying in child birth, the most logical possibility, seems hopelessly boring...

Besides, her being a villain could take a route similar to the Revenge Arc of Rurouni Kenshin, and if Naruto could cover a similar arc even half as well as Kenshin did, then Naruto would have a killer arc…
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 19:07   Link #46
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Whatever the case may be, there are plenty of potential reasons for her not to be present in Naruto's life, but still being alive. And her simply dying in child birth, the most logical possibility, seems hopelessly boring...
Boring it may be, i doubt we get something else. Almost 500 chapters and Kushina is mentioned in like, 5 tops? If she is alive and suddenly pops up, it will feel terribly deus ex machina. I'd like to see her, but she just doesn't fit into current plot. Not that it would stop Kishimoto from adding her
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 19:35   Link #47
james0246

^That is why I only argue for her return if there is a Part III to the story. There is no reason for her to exist (as a character) within the current storyline (unless Danzou has her, or something to that effect). So, the only way we could see her is if she has some bearing on a non-Akatsuki/Uchiha arc (which is what all of Part II is).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 20:46   Link #48
Fran~
floating away...

There is no solid proof to state that Kushina is dead... i said this in another thread... but Kushina will be kept as material for another arc or a big twist in Naruto.

It's very common for mangakas to just introduce something, leaving it there and if he needs to use it, they create something.

Do you remember how Jiraiya was introduced?, i mean... Jiraiya wasn't a cold guy to not give a hug to Minato's and Kushina's son... Kishi just keep it there and just in one chapter, without any reason, Tsunade and Jiraiya remembered Minato and Kushina.

And with Kushina it's the same, they're very clever to not even mention a single Naruto's doubt about his mother.
Old 2010-01-12, 21:25   Link #49
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Let me be perfectly honest here Fran~, I absolutely love Kushina as a character, which is surprising of me considering so little about her has been shown (mentioned, but not shown). There is so much untapped potential in this 1 character that I would call Kishimoto a fool for not even attempting to answer some questions concerning her. But having said that, you and I both know Kishimoto's history concerning the women in his story. I am not trying to undermine his credibility as an author but his attempts have thus far been rather unsatisfactory in that field. All I am really saying is: "Don't hold onto hope too much". It would be awesome if Kushina was introduced in a (at the very least) semi-believable way, even if it only lasts for an arc. But, her being talked about in the past-tense does not bode well for her introduction. But then again, unless stated to be "dead" in official boks or something, her being alive is a possibility (albeit a slim one).
Old 2010-01-12, 22:04   Link #50
Fran~
floating away...

I'll repeat again... Kishi can use Kushina same way he used Minato, not as a character but a tool for the plot. I mean, Minato is dead but he was there... and his actions still are important to the plot.

Same thing with Kushina, i understand the point of Kishi and heroines, im agree with your POV.

BUT, if you search the manga, you can find moments where heroines take the lead, they're just a few, but... do exists
- Sakura protecting Naruto and Sasuke at the Chuunin Exam and a lot others, healing of Kankuro, fight with Sasori, Battle at Konoha, etc...
- Temari's fights.
- Tsunade's introduction.

So, i will think in Kishi not loosing a great chance to use that loose end named Kushina.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:10   Link #51
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Kushina's dead.

Well probably for the same reason they all kept the secret about Minato being Naruto's father.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:45   Link #52
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Hi guys, I am a big Kushina fan!

Anyways, I have been thinking lately, Alot of people say Kushina IS dead, yet the manga never mentioned whether she died or lived.

If she was alive: I think that maybe she left the village from grief and she didn't take Naruto because Naruto had the Kyuubi sealed inside him and maybe she was like the other people in the village who tought of Naruto as a monster. (If you think about it, it would make a good [dramatic] storyline) OR She left the village for the sake of her son.
Spoiler for manga...:

If she was dead: Maybe she didn't die from childbirth, maybe she was attacked or maybe she was with Minato when he sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto and the Grim Reaper took her life as well. Or maybe the Kyuubi killed her. Or Danzo had something to do with this.
Remember he believes ninjas are nothing but a tool. Maybe he tried to take Naruto when he was born and turn him into a weapon later on. But Kushina interfered, and got killed in the proces.

Another thing, Uzumaki means Whirlpool And Kushina is from the Whirlpool Village. Do you think Kushina could be some type of royalty? Maybe her family founded the village.
Old 2010-01-13, 02:52   Link #53
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasuNaru4ever View Post
No, the encounter was speculation on my behalf, Kishi said that Sakura will be more important.
Quote:
Another thing, Uzumaki means Whirlpool And Kushina is from the Whirlpool Village. Do you think Kushina could be some type of royalty? Maybe her family founded the village.
Naruto would have a chance at claiming the title of feudal lord then, kinda like his dream to be hokage :P
Quote:
That is why I only argue for her return if there is a Part III to the story. There is no reason for her to exist (as a character) within the current storyline (unless Danzou has her, or something to that effect). So, the only way we could see her is if she has some bearing on a non-Akatsuki/Uchiha arc (which is what all of Part II is).
Spoiler for manga:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 09:46   Link #54
Fran~
floating away...

Nah... i don't see Kushina taking an active role... neither Konan. They're women perhaps a support role.

I have two theories about Madara:
1. Madara against Naruto.
2. Madara against Naruto+Sasuke, as a an alliance of the new generation that will broke the cycle of hate.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:08   Link #55
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

If I remember correctly, Jiraiya stated that although Naruto's physical appearance resembled that of Minato, his personality and Jutsus were more similar to that of Kushina. If that would be the case, Kushina returning into the story could allow her time to teach Naruto more advanced Jutsus and tactics.

I think that could make a great training arc
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 10:15   Link #56
Fran~
floating away...

Don't forget one thing... Naruto has almost unlimited chakra to perform jutsus.

What Jiraiya wanted to say about Kushina's jutsus was about the way she was a prankster too, very good in the art of deceiving her rivals and with a strong-willed spirit.

About the land of whirpool... truth be told, everytime i see Konoha's crest, i see a whirpool in it:

It's a leaf with a whirpool. some kind of symbolism about an alliance or origin of Konoha?

Remember, Senju's "of the forest". Why the symbol of konoha has a whirpool in it?... and why Minato tried so badly to perform a jutsu who resembles a whirpool/spiral?.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:22   Link #57
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

It never ceases to amaze me, how even at the age of twelve, Naruto was able to prank/decive/evade those ninnja's, who wer chasing him. What wer they chunins or jonins?
Old 2010-01-13, 10:26   Link #58
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It never ceases to amaze me, how even at the age of twelve, Naruto was able to prank/decive/evade those ninnja's, who wer chasing him. What wer they chunins or jonins?
If I recall it only lasted like a minute.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 10:32   Link #59
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
enough time for the trick.
Old 2010-01-13, 10:37   Link #60
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah... but you got to admit that it was one of the funniest moments in the manga/anime series.