AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-03-11, 09:49   Link #6041
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Seriously, no matter what, I don't want a NagiXHayate for the ending.
You, sir, have failed. *thumbs up*

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 10:01   Link #6042
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I bet they'll love Athena even more
A.T.A.N anyone?

Personally, I'd have love if the other girls had their own special ending in the H.I.N.A. fashion, all the while rotating each episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
I wanna see Hata's house burn down after he pulls a Kannagi (or something similar).
You mean getting sick and taking a year hiatus after going to the hospital while leaving everything on a cliffhanger? Well, I'm sure the fans will understand (unless its the Togashi type of illness)
Old 2010-03-11, 14:28   Link #6043
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i was re-reading some of the older chpt (209) and i gotta say, Hata sensei got great taste in anime.
Old 2010-03-11, 14:44   Link #6044
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
You, sir, have failed. *thumbs up*
I don't understand what you are saying.
If you're saying that I fail because you like Nagi X Hayate, that's fine. However, do you mean that Nagi X Hayate is probably what's going to be the ending?

EDIT: Nvm. Took a look at your profile and saw "Nagi X Hayate Group", hahaha

About the manga series as a whole: I think Hata has just gotten better as the series went on. I seriously wanted to quit reading after the first 25 chapters, but I kept on going because seeing discussions on the recent chapters interested me. I actually finished all the way up to the current chapters in 3 weeks... and by reading in that short time I can see the huge difference between the first chapters and the recent ones.

The art has pretty much remained the same, but I can understand that you want to try keep the style consistent (although a lot of popular mangas like Naruto and One Piece have slowly gotten better art-wise as the series went on).

Even though Hata is bringing up a whole buttload of Chekov's gun plot devices to give the series continuity, I feel like Hata's being restricted by some of the ridiculous early development he gave the series. The series is so different right now from the original chapters that recent plot development, while not terrible, almost feels like Dues Ex Machina. The mood just didn't match. Either way, if Hata ever finishes this, I expect it to be drastically different from the beginning of Hayate. We'll see though, won't we?

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-03-11 at 15:24.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 21:53   Link #6045
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
I don't understand what you are saying.
If you're saying that I fail because you like Nagi X Hayate, that's fine. However, do you mean that Nagi X Hayate is probably what's going to be the ending?

EDIT: Nvm. Took a look at your profile and saw "Nagi X Hayate Group", hahaha
That was a joke, man. Why do people always seem to take my jokes seriously? :/

Anyway, I should post something relevant.... like.... Say, was it just me, or were this week's raws a relatively long time in coming? I think I heard something about the usual raw provider site blowing up, but I don;'t know how true that is.... anyone know?

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 22:15   Link #6046
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
That was a joke, man. Why do people always seem to take my jokes seriously? :/

Anyway, I should post something relevant.... like.... Say, was it just me, or were this week's raws a relatively long time in coming? I think I heard something about the usual raw provider site blowing up, but I don;'t know how true that is.... anyone know?
The usual place water marked their raws this week. Most groups (outside of the Naruto and Bleach releases, at least) wouldn't want to release an obviously watermarked chapter.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 22:27   Link #6047
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The usual place water marked their raws this week. Most groups (outside of the Naruto and Bleach releases, at least) wouldn't want to release an obviously watermarked chapter.
Actually, I saw a LOT of watermarked pages when I was reading the scanlations. Outside of narubleach too. In fact, almost everywhere; it really bugs me though. This is off-topic though.

Btw, Ch 253 was the most legit Hayate X Nagi, or even Hayate X Anyone scene I think this series has debuted so far. However, I'm not so sure that "most want to protect" = "love". What do you think o_o? Esp with the whole "look even our names match!" thing that Nagi has going for her.

Also, anyone notice how trite "be with me forever" is becoming in HnG? I mean, seriously; it kind of takes away from the meaning of it after the third or fourth time. I know little kids say "friends forever!", but I think the only one qualified by that criteria would be Nagi.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 23:48   Link #6048
zodanhko
*ignoring*

From MF credit to Orih

Translations, translation, translations!!!!Please?

Edit:
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 00:14   Link #6049
musouka

I don't have time to do a full translation for the moment, but here are the key points.

Spoiler for 264:

Spoiler for 264 new pics:
ずっと変りはしない

Last edited by musouka; 2010-03-12 at 00:30.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 00:29   Link #6050
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Thanks. There's more. o0
Time to go back to Nagi. Athena's respond?
Old 2010-03-12, 00:31   Link #6051
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Thanks. There's more. o0

Time to go back to Nagi. Athena's respond?
Spoiler for 264:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-12, 00:43   Link #6052
musouka

For those of you that dislike Athena and say she's never sacrificed anything, I'll translate this single page:

Spoiler for page 15, 264:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-03-12, 01:07   Link #6053
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Will we finally hear what he has been wanted to tell her?
Will the ring finally works it's magic?

One of the moments which everyone has been waiting for. A great place for a cliff-hanger. -,-
Old 2010-03-12, 01:10   Link #6054
orangejuicetang

Marathon, marathon, finally catching up the 95 chapters of Hayate. So exhausted now.

*Edit.

Also, I can't be the only person who was thinking "G Gundam!?" during that 'save Athena' sequence.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 01:13   Link #6055
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Spoiler for 264:
Spoiler for 264:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 01:47   Link #6056
anselfir
Style Über Alles

finally. now can we get on with the golden path of maria please.
Old 2010-03-12, 01:47   Link #6057
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I was half expecting something like this, but I thought Hayate would be the one to let go of Athena, not the other way around....although I still cant shake off the feeling that hayate wont stay quiet about this.

If Hayate manages to convince Athena then maybe my theory of her helping Nagi financially and lending her 1 of her homes to live in Japan can still live
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 02:14   Link #6058
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hayate is never going to consciously ditch a girl. He's too much of a hero xD
Yeah I'm still hoping for an Athena ending too. She was introduced last but somehow has still managed to win my heart support somewhere along the way. With any luck this will be resolved well but I'm betting theres gonna have to be a lot of tears and angst along the way..
Old 2010-03-12, 06:10   Link #6059
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
For those of you that dislike Athena and say she's never sacrificed anything, I'll translate this single page:
*feels this arrow in his back* Ow

Give me time to read the chapter first at least. But you'll remember that I said _before_ it happened that my opinion on Athena will be shaped by how she'll deal with the Nagi dilemma. And I said that if she genuinely releases Hayate to do his duty, she'll rise in my personal ranking quite a lot. This _is_ a major sacrifice, without a doubt.

I can understand your disappointment, but - for what little it's worth - having Athena leave now in this noble way actually _increases_ her end-run chances in my book. Because she remains as Hayate's "Suki na hito", even if he now proceeds to take care of Nagi. Had Athena made a grab for Hayate and thus implicitly positioned herself _against_ Nagi, I doubt that she would have stood a real chance in the long run. This way, she retains her special position and gains major karma points.

So, even if you do decide to phase out with Athena, I'd keep an eye on the progress anyway. If it happens the way it's indicated, we won't have seen the last of her.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 07:16   Link #6060
Used Can

Guys, I appreciate the intention, but don't post links to imepita, they never last too long. (Read: I cannot see the pics. ;_; )

Anyway, having Athena leave is the best thing Hata can do, in my opinion. If he keeps her around, I don't think he'd be able to keep the series in the same way (i.e. romance-comedy with harem), taking into account the relationship Hayate and Athena have. But, all the same, I've got to say I'm satisfied with this arc. Whilst I feel Hata stretched it in many occasions, in the end I can say I've liked it, and I think this has been my favourite part in the whole manga.

Tags
comedy, shounen