AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 13:40   Link #3341
ookamigirl

The battlefield. All ready, set, GO!
Linking all the ship and doing some serious teamwork was a smart choice.
I'm still surprised that the pirates managed to unite.
Boarding Quartz Christie's ship; now that was fun.
Looks like Marika is the one who'll be a famous pirate now ^^
This final episode was a total blast! 10/10

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:45   Link #3342
D-Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I can only see また逢いましょう. Where's the movie?
check official site
http://www.starchild.co.jp/special/mo-retsu/news/
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:51   Link #3343
00Coyote

Two words to describe the final battle:

Curb. Stomp.

But a curb stomp in a stylish and sexy form fitting space suit. This was one of those battles where the victor was decided even before the two fleets entered the field. Marika had a plan, they prepared for that plan, they executed that plan. Quartz didn't really have a plan, just brought two additional ships, an amusing case where 'bring more gun' didn't really pay off.

What did pay off big time for the pirates was Marika's idea to turn the Bentenmaru into a huge sensor relay. With the EW being synchronized from there, and the upgraded sensors, Marika allowed each pirate ship to be aware of the whole battlefield. She didn't have to bark orders to the other pirates, she gave them info and relied on their experience and let them cooperate as necessary to execute the plan. A much better idea than trying to micro-manage such a diverse and strong willed force.

With the EW synchronized over the whole pirate fleet, that help keep all the ships unjammed and all their computers working, mitigate most of the incoming damage, and help predict the path that the Grand Cross fleet would take, allowing the pirates to plan accordingly and keep several steps ahead of Quartz.

Flawless execution by Satelight, showing a strategic and tactical genius at work.

Special props to the Barbarossa's B.A.M. (Big Ass Missile) taking out Grand Cross #2, and Mr. Spoon's bad ass tanking and agro management on Grand Cross #1. Too bad we didn't get to see Dracula in action though.

While the Shangri-La's boarding action was impressive (no door? RAM EM!) the squad level action of the boarding party definitely fell into the category of 'generic action sequence' so it really wasn't anything impressive.

All and all a nice (form) fitting (space suit) for Marika and her crew. While the movie announcement is great, I'm going to miss my weekly dose of Miniskirt Pirates.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:55   Link #3344
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 26

An awsome ending for this anime for it showed all the space ship combat-ness in all it's glory.

I wasn't a big fan of Marika's fancy new space suit it looked so tacky. It reminds me of that one promienent character from the old Gundam animes and I can't remember his name right now.

Spoiler for The mysterious of Ironbeard....:

Now if you'll excuse me folks, I need to get down on my kneels now and pray to the pirate gods for a second season. Pirate gods! I beˇseech you! Please answer my prays!
Old 2012-06-30, 14:02   Link #3345
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Not watching the episode yet...

I had a feeling that was the case; and sadly, I was hoping it wasn't. But, these plot devices are often so predictable. In any case, I retain my previous complaints about this.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:17   Link #3346
Theo

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18213124

Okay, this was pretty good.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:23   Link #3347
j4c06

"Boarding underway". This is priceless!
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:39   Link #3348
xizro345
King's Justice

And so it has ended. I remember that this series had been on my radar since the original announcement, and I can say it has been a good ride. Probably one of the series I enjoyed more of this season. Looking forward to the movie.... if it doesn't end like a certain movie *coughNadesicocough*.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 15:09   Link #3349
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Spoiler for Final thoughts on Ep. 26 and the show overall:
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 15:31   Link #3350
Theo

Why do I get the feeling the movie's going to be plot original as well and deal with the aftermath of this arc?
Old 2012-06-30, 15:55   Link #3351
tsunade666

great ending and final episode. Among the final episode that I watch this season. This one is I highly approve! though I want for more and wish for more specially that it looks their is more to do with a vast space to explore. It also helps that it looks like Chiaki-chan tranfer schools so in their senior time Chiaki and Marika will be full time together and Mami being pure awesome make that sailor uniform for the yatch club

their is a movie?
Old 2012-06-30, 16:05   Link #3352
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Why do I get the feeling the movie's going to be plot original as well and deal with the aftermath of this arc?
Because the last episode looks more like an introduction to a new arc rather than a conclusion to the show?
Old 2012-06-30, 16:29   Link #3353
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
their is a movie?
Yes.

(Should there be a new thread for the feature film, or would it be as well to stick with this one instead?)

Great ending for the series, by the way... or rather, great ending for what I hope will "only" be the end of season 1!
Old 2012-06-30, 16:55   Link #3354
Kyuu
=^^=

Chiaki: "I believe in you and our future."

Instant HNNNNNGGHH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
They can go this route and actually have it make sense.

Is there any novel material by which hasn't been covered by the series? Yet, by the point of the last episode, the material was skipped and was not animated? If they're gonna make a movie, they might as well base it on that stuff.

Then call it:
Spoiler:

XD

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-06-30 at 17:35.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 18:00   Link #3355
Theo

Wait, I got it. They're going to use those scenes from the OP where Chiaki and Marika are standing and the Bentenmaru is escaping from that star; the novels mentioned a red star.

I hope.
Old 2012-06-30, 18:00   Link #3356
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post

Now if you'll excuse me folks, I need to get down on my kneels now and pray to the pirate gods for a second season. Pirate gods! I beˇseech you! Please answer my prays!
I guessed he was Marika's dad a while ago, when we found out Ririka was with him.

And it isn't so much a sudden change as a piece of info that quickly makes us question the original story of her dad dying, and what happened to force him away to make Marika a pirate.

That leads to the possibility of a sequel (I hope it's not just a movie, because I'd prefer the length that comes with another season). We still don't know the circumstances surrounding Ironbeard, or who Quartz was working for or what the reasons for her objectives were. She only mentioned that she gathered the battle data and destroyed the evidence (the ship), and told (or was it a voiceover?) Marika to come to bigger seas, likely in the Galactic Empire or Stellar Alliance.
Old 2012-06-30, 18:28   Link #3357
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

a film .... I will not say I'm disappointed in this announcement but I would prefer a season 2 ....

I have a question then reassured me that when the film released someone can translate it into vosta ...?
Old 2012-06-30, 19:47   Link #3358
encia

Atleast the ending is not like Mass Effect 3 (before the big fix).
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 19:47   Link #3359
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:06   Link #3360
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Need more Chiaki
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri