AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 22:46   Link #2981
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

LOL Q, with most women, its a one sided relationship, only reason why I don't find a girlfriend anymore.

Anyways I've heard from my brother studying abroad in China, saying its Taboo to say Taiwan is China, it offends them. So if anyone goes to Taiwan, don't mention China. You might die.

On other news... I wonder the Chinese line will get a new line of tanks or TD line or Arty line. I wish they would fix the US line to have better guns, especially the T32, the 105 doesn't cut it for tier VIII. I also hope they will nerf the Type 59's gun or armor, that thing is annoying for its bouncy armor and fast spd, wit a decent gun.

They should get rid of the Lee also and replace it as a TD or something, then have a new tank replace the Tier IV medium where the Lee was.
Old 2013-02-19, 22:51   Link #2982
LeoXiao
思想工作

I always thought the awesome turret armour and gun depression of the T32 made up for the lack of pen. But then again I was grinding it before and around the 7.x patches.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 23:16   Link #2983
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well it does, but it still can get shot up pretty good by its own tiers, the armor should be statistically better than the T29, but still gets shredded up like Swiss cheese. Anyhow I've only been in this since late December last year, and already playing tier 9, I'm trying to get my lil brother into WoT, he said he'll check it out when he gets back from his study abroad in China, back in I think June or July, prolly in June.
Old 2013-02-19, 23:18   Link #2984
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You can probably upset both groups by talking about Formosa.
Old 2013-02-19, 23:35   Link #2985
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
In some ways I think it almost would've been simpler if they just let Japan keep Taiwan after the war. The population was pretty well integrated after fifty years of (relatively benevolent) colonial rule.

But since that didn't happen, ROC all the way! Liberation of the Mainland is not far off!

Quote:
I've only been in this since late December last year, and already playing tier 9, I'm trying to get my lil brother into WoT, he said he'll check it out when he gets back from his study abroad in China, back in I think June or July, prolly in June.
Ohohoh try to get him to play on the Chinese server so he can get a golden Type 59 and the Wz 111!
Old 2013-02-19, 23:40   Link #2986
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Anyways I've heard from my brother studying abroad in China, saying its Taboo to say Taiwan is China, it offends them. So if anyone goes to Taiwan, don't mention China. You might die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Much to China's chagrin, Taiwan considers Japan as its best friend and vice-versa. Some consider their relationship to be more than just friends. Even Taiwan's current China-leaning President Ma once mentioned that Taiwan and Japan possess a special relationship not found elsewhere. The 2011 earthquake is a good illustration of this, where Taiwan was Japan's largest donor, eclipsing the United States (2nd place) in the amount of donations by 100%.

Cultural exchange between two countries are extensive. TWN & JPN exchange millions of travelers each year, and both countries do not require visas.

I once saw a video of a recent volleyball match between China & Japan held in Taipei. During the match, the local audiences cheered quite loudly for Japan, but only whispers could be heard for China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
But since that didn't happen, ROC all the way! Liberation of the Mainland is not far off!
Despite old-school ROC rhetoric, most people in Taiwan really do not consider China to be similar to themselves. A vast majority, including those who invest abroad, consider China to be rather alien in climate.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 23:59   Link #2987
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

which is the order of the IS-3?

Turret > Gun > Suspension
or
Gun > Turret > Suspension?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 00:08   Link #2988
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
which is the order of the IS-3?

Turret > Gun > Suspension
or
Gun > Turret > Suspension?
For me, I had to do suspension, gun then turret since I put modules on it as soon as I purchased it. But you want that gun asap. With 175mm pen for a Tier 8 heavy, the firepower is utterly lacking. To get me through the grind, I mounted the 100mm gun instead.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:09   Link #2989
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
I'm from HK, but my family refers to China as "The mainland/continent," and Taiwan as "Taiwan." It's likely the same in Taiwan as well.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 00:13   Link #2990
Tak

I know most people in Taiwan and Japan still consider HK to be a separate entity...

- Tak

Old 2013-02-20, 00:28   Link #2991
LeoXiao
思想工作

The problem is that people think that some colonial period or governmental differences can suddenly define if you are ethnically Chinese or not. That is a very narrow-minded view. People from HK are similar to natives of Guangdong, and the Taiwanese are related to the Fujianese. They all speak some variant of the seven major Chinese languages and use Chinese characters. Indeed, the Taiwanese and HKers are more authentically Chinese than the mainlanders since they did not undergo the Cultural Revolution and other Communist errors. But I guess it's natural for a Taiwanese to meet a typical mainlander and go "that's a Chinese? I want no part in it!" There are similar problems between East and West Germans, though of course less pronounced.

Also, we should take this somewhere else.

And to bring this post back on-topic I'm going to bitch and moan about my loss streak in the E50 despite at least 1000 damage each time.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:31   Link #2992
Mow Yun

Dealing 1000 damage in an E-50 is rather low.... I like to aim for doing at least my HP's in damage or 1.5x if I were in a TD. o_O;

I feel that if I at least deal my HP's worth in damage, I've done approximately enough to take out my own counterpart on the other side.

EDIT: If any of you are on tonight, I may be getting on to play my tier 9 T54E1. Feel free to send me an invite if you'd like. I like being carried
Old 2013-02-20, 00:37   Link #2993
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Dealing 1000 damage in an E-50 is rather low.... I like to aim for doing at least my HP's in damage or 1.5x if I were in a TD. o_O;

I feel that if I at least deal my HP's worth in damage, I've done approximately enough to take out my own counterpart on the other side.

EDIT: If any of you are on tonight, I may be getting on to play my tier 9 T54E1. Feel free to send me an invite if you'd like. I like being carried
Well, that was just my lowest for the streak. The average was more like 1,700.

EDIT: I'll see about the platoon. I am trying to do work inbetween.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:40   Link #2994
Tak

Quote:
Also, we should take this somewhere else.
Thats what my social boards are for

- Tak

Old 2013-02-20, 00:46   Link #2995
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I know I will fall in love with the IS-7 should I manage to unlock it, because this is the one tank where I can bring a lot of fire support to just about anywhere on the map very quickly.
just so you know. IS7 is not considered a good tank anymore, no elite clan use them in clan war, to quote someone from wot forum

Quote:
I've been in WoT for a little over 2 years now, in all that time I've seen this tank go from being "the only tier 10 you will ever need" to "LOL! They brought an IS-7!".
IS-7 have an obsolete armor with a lot of weak point, can't angle armor thanks to its shape, high ground resistance make it accelerate in a slow and sluggish way, the gun have slow reload and really inaccurate with long aim time, Gold round have worse pen than some tier 9 med.

the low mobility make it an arty magnet when there are no Maus or E100, its HP only higher than French heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
I also hope they will nerf the Type 59's gun or armor, that thing is annoying for its bouncy armor and fast spd, wit a decent gun.
Type 59 is not that good of a tank, really.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:48   Link #2996
LeoXiao
思想工作

omg FINALLY I get my E50's 2x! made 8k profits.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:50   Link #2997
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I don't know why, but i'm doing it rather ok with the IS-3. I can fight most of the Tier 8 tanks 1v1 (Konig, KV-4, T34, Lowe, SP, even other IS-3) and win. Maybe the fact I was always forced to fight them with my IS make me realize what are the most obvious weakpoints when facehuging them (In my IS, I love hunt SPs). Still those f***ing AMX 50 are a real PITA with their autoloaders.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:56   Link #2998
Pen3

Purchased:
'AMX 50 120' successfully purchased. - Credits: 3,565,000.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 01:27   Link #2999
Mow Yun

Quote:
Well, that was just my lowest for the streak. The average was more like 1,700.

EDIT: I'll see about the platoon. I am trying to do work inbetween.
Ohh, that makes much more sense.
Old 2013-02-20, 02:04   Link #3000
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Panzer III/IV, Hell on Weels

Spoiler:

Basically, one of the best matches I had so far with the 3/4. I was lucky on several moments, like the magical bounce from the KV-3's 107mm. Also my tracks broke, a lot.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks