AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-05-25, 18:26   Link #1101
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
You know that's not what I meant

Haruhi: Kyon! give me your key!

Kyon: why my key?

Haruhi: Because im the gatekeeper! now shut up and open up my gate!

Old 2006-05-25, 19:11   Link #1102
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO

Try not to spill anything while you're at it!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 19:28   Link #1103
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:

Haruhi: Because im the gatekeeper! now shut up and open up my gate kyon!

******New and improved!***********

Haruhi: Kyon, give me your key.

*push kyon to a wall*

Kyon: this feels like rape. Why my key? Use someone else.

Haruhi: Because it fits my lock, and im the gatekeeper. Now open my gate kyon!

okay. i'll stop now.
Old 2006-05-25, 19:54   Link #1104
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi
Keymaster and Gatekeeper.

I've been saying Kyon is the Keymaster because everyone keeps saying that he's the "key" to Haruhi.

Spoiler for truth about "Keymaster" and "Gatekeeper":
Then what about the Marshmallow man...?

Oh god.. no.. white.. melty stuff.. no.. oh noo.. My childhood memories..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 01:21   Link #1105
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Lambda Driver of course, she has a Lambda driver that she carries around and has the skill to use it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 09:00   Link #1106
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:

Please...stop...enough already. I'm going to run ut of tissue to wipe the blood off my nose thinking about these stuff already.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-26, 10:24   Link #1107
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hehehehe. I thought of all the people in the SOS dan, it would be Mikuru who would've put people's mind in the gutter.... XD

Ahh, the power of Haruhi. Now where's them tin foil hats when you need them... ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 09:45   Link #1108
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol the website has finally stabilised.

ZOZ is permanent now and the tiny nekoman isnt teleporting around anymore, its stuck in the middle of the 'O' in the SOS dan logo.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-27, 22:50   Link #1109
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Just wanna throw this out here. Has anyone here ever heard of the Akashic Record. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Record . Basically its a record of anything and everything that ever was, will be and could be in any reality. As an example of the Akashic Record being used, In Super Robot Wars, Psychodrivers such as Ryusei Date, Kusuha Mizuha and Ingram Prisken can tap into and in some cases manipulate the Akashic record, to erase enemies from existence, Cut Time and Space make rocks fall out of the sky on enemies, have their mech's change size (Cobray) and even channel the spirits of the dead or resurrect the dead. Could Haruhi have access to the Akashic record? Either that or she is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-05-27 at 23:28.
Old 2006-05-28, 03:00   Link #1110
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Just wanna throw this out here. Has anyone here ever heard of the Akashic Record. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Record . Basically its a record of anything and everything that ever was, will be and could be in any reality. As an example of the Akashic Record being used, In Super Robot Wars, Psychodrivers such as Ryusei Date, Kusuha Mizuha and Ingram Prisken can tap into and in some cases manipulate the Akashic record, to erase enemies from existence, Cut Time and Space make rocks fall out of the sky on enemies, have their mech's change size (Cobray) and even channel the spirits of the dead or resurrect the dead. Could Haruhi have access to the Akashic record? Either that or she is the Kwisatz Haderach.
Haruhi-sama is at once the Kwisatz Haderach, Most Beloved Immortal God-Empress of Mankind, the Mistress of All Universes, the Goddess of Deceit and Destruction, and many, many more. She is the Warrior and the Mystic, the Orge and the Saint. She can never be completely understood, She defies any attempts to fully define Her. Her glorious power stretches across time and space, and Destiny is but a plaything to her. For what is Destiny and Fate to the Most Beloved Immortal God-Empress of Mankind, She who holds in Her hands the looms of the very fabric of space-time itself?

Lead by Her four Chosen champions, loyalists and crusaders rage across known space, propagating Her faith and spreading Her ideals. All unbelievers are smitten and condemned to an eternity in hell without fun, aliens, time travellers and espers, until they repent and finally see the Most Beloved Immortal God-Empress of Mankind for what She is: the Purest Light, the Only Way, and the Absolute Truth.

P.S: Known space is defined as the Internet and online forums.
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 03:42   Link #1111
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Your ruining my fun. Also The whole Haruhism thing is getting kind of stale too. It was maybe funny the first ten or so times I heard it.
Old 2006-05-28, 03:46   Link #1112
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Ryusei loved super robots, he loves to pilot, he wants to protect the world, especially his hospitalised mother. But he learnt that being a Psychodriver isn't everything, SRX and his powers didn't come from his Psychodriver abilities. Its his will to protect and teamwork with the SRX team that makes SRX and Banpreos so powerful.

Kusuha never wanted to be a Psychodriver, it was almost like a curse to her. She longed for the old times she had in school and the peace that was once there. She only chose to fight to protect and bring peace back to the world. Her responsibilty, determination and courage wouldn't be there if Brooklyn didn't exist.

Ingram died trying to stop Yuuzes from achieving his goals, the goal to have full power over the Akashic record and becoming a god of the universe. Ingram died leaving his responsibilities behind, as someone who weave the threads of fate and destiny.

Cobray at this time, who already came to realise the importance of friendship and that each individual is himself. Had to abandon his friends and live a life of solitude like Ingram did and carry on his responsibilities. He himself wasn't a Psychodriver, he is just someone who, in the end, can't shake off the threads of fate thats bound to him, as a clone of Ingram.

Oh, what the hell am I typing? Why the hell in the first place, was the Akashic record, Ideon, SRW, the mecha genre, even mentioned in a Haruhi thread?

What the heck? Someone should know how to use forums and know where specific contents should go.

Old 2006-05-28, 04:42   Link #1113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I was using it as an example of the Akashic Record being put to use. That and I'm just screwing with peoples heads a bit here. Seriously though for anybody who's interested check the wikipedia entry for the Akashic Record. You never know if it may come into play later on.
Old 2006-05-28, 10:45   Link #1114
Julius Firefocht

Quote:
Your ruining my fun. Also The whole Haruhism thing is getting kind of stale too. It was maybe funny the first ten or so times I heard it.
Oooh, I am so, so very sorry that I am ruining your fun. And no, true believers will never find Haruhiism stale. Finally, no, Haruhiism is not meant to be funny, it's meant to be deadly serious.

Be gone, heathen!
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 14:08   Link #1115
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Right. Serious. So its true that there are some fanatics out there who really believe this stuff. I hope its a joke for most people still though. Alright have fun I guess. And I don't know how enjoying a show and its accompanying novels, but not making a huge deal out of it l (or huge ass out of myself) makes me a heathen.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2006-05-28 at 14:19.
Old 2006-05-28, 15:27   Link #1116
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Then can I remind everyone the purpose of this thread and forum. It's not to chat (looks at Onizuka-GTO) or discuss random topics (Kaioshin_Sama), it'f for specific Suzumiya Haruhi discussion. If people want to chat, then take it to PM or IRC.

Going to start deleting posts soon...
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 15:42   Link #1117
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its like entering the Flying Spaghetti Monster forums and telling them "I hope you people aren't serious about FSM." I mean, this question makes no sense when you're asking the wrong people.

Yes fanatics do exist, Haruhi is great and she has alot of worshippers. Just like Belldandy, Rei, Lacus, who has their lot of worshippers, but We Haruhists are a step above that. We have a name for ourselves and that we transcend fandom to an almost religious level. Its somewhere between fandom of normal anime and the religion of FSM.

And yes, we have lots of fun being, Haruhists. I myself have tried to get you into the SOS dan, but you can't seem to understand the greatness of Haruhi. For that I can only feel sorry for you.

In Haruhiism speak: You are not chosen by Haruhi.

Old 2006-05-28, 16:20   Link #1118
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I understand that it is a good show that I'm enjoying watching, I really would just like to leave it at that and maybe some discussions on the characters and philosophy of the series. I really would like to discuss topics about the show, but I can never get a serious response other than "Haruhi is the greatest ROFL". I apologize for throwing out random topics, it was mostly a way of countering the Haruhism (That and I was really tired and bored each time I did it) that got out of hand. It seems everytime I do try to discuss a serious topic though, I get the Haruhism response instead of a normal meaningful response (except from Kinny Riddle and Arias who are great guys).

I appreciate the fanaticism a bit, I guess, it happens with all popular shows, and I appreciate Haruhi's character. But honestly, how AM I supposed to have a serious discussion here? This is the kind of show thats ripe for philosophical discussion or character analysis, but its potential is being wasted by the Haruhist philosophy and aribitrary comments of some people here (and me at times). Once again I apologize for the Rahxephon and Cybuster jokes, but the Akashic Record wasn't a joke and is worth looking into. Sorry Xris.
Old 2006-05-28, 21:56   Link #1119
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
I appreciate the fanaticism a bit, I guess, it happens with all popular shows, and I appreciate Haruhi's character. But honestly, how AM I supposed to have a serious discussion here? This is the kind of show thats ripe for philosophical discussion or character analysis, but its potential is being wasted by the Haruhist philosophy and aribitrary comments of some people here (and me at times). Once again I apologize for the Rahxephon and Cybuster jokes, but the Akashic Record wasn't a joke and is worth looking into. Sorry Xris.
Would your thoughts and discussion of the Akashic Record fit in the Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi thread?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 22:12   Link #1120
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Yeah can it be moved there by any chance?

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen