Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 12:40   Link #321
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
And Orihime isn't weird? She's extremely weird. but she's also very "real", its Kubo's intent on allowing his audience to actually able to connect with her on a real life basis. No matter how you are on a regular basis, there are always circumstances that arise and tear you down emotionally.

Now, its completely ok to not a character, but to hate a character by exaggerating on points, mainly due to the fact that he/she goes against your "faction", is plain stupid, IMO.
I started hating Orihime before my friend dragged me onto the Ichiruki 'faction' (as you put it) (I'm still hoping that Rukia won't end up with Ichigo, but I doubt it).

Orihime is far from real to me. She's like your 'ideal, perfect' woman, which doesn't happen that often at my school. You know, quiet, shy, big breasted etc. See Yamato Nadeshiko
Old 2008-07-24, 12:43   Link #322
ruote

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
And Orihime isn't weird? She's extremely weird. but she's also very "real", its Kubo's intent on allowing his audience to actually able to connect with her on a real life basis. No matter how you are on a regular basis, there are always circumstances that arise and tear you down emotionally.

Now, its completely ok to not a character, but to hate a character by exaggerating on points, mainly due to the fact that he/she goes against your "faction", is plain stupid, IMO.
weird, oh you mean being 'Air Head' and 'bad at cooking'
I can give you one character who is also horrible at cooking
Yamada from Honey and Clover (she's not air head, she also suffered from unrequited love, she has a great body and beautiful...but she's still fierce.)
hmm 15 yr old girl who said she will love this man for 5 lifetimes is not realistic to me

against my faction?
oh you mean Ichiruki & Ichihime stuff
I like Ichiruki yes, but i'm not crazy about it... i actually like Kairuki more.

and you know, I actually thought Nell has a bigger chance with ichigo than Inoue, but i still like Nell's character.

Oh man, how could i forget Sunako from Yamato Nadeshiko!!!
i like her as well.

ok what Yamato Nadeshiko are you talking about?
i got confused when i click the link.

anyway i'm talking about Wallflower/Yamato Nadeshiko manga. the heroine Sunako, she's really weird.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:45   Link #323
Nervous Venus

Hayashi, how do we know you're not just blinded by your love for a character? Granted, some people take things too far, but what's the point of getting back at them by bashing their favorite character?

It seems like just really odd, blinded fanboyism to me. I mean, I don't even dislike Orihime and have made it clear, but I can't even say I find one point annoying about her, without you going all rarrar, GIVE ME PROOFZ . oO;;

But, hey, you can disagree with that if you want. I'm still free to think it in my head everytime your name pops up.

Last edited by Nervous Venus; 2008-07-24 at 12:49. Reason: argh, spelling.
Old 2008-07-24, 12:48   Link #324
Notaron

Whats funny is HT accuses us of blind hatred of a character, yet everytime Rukia is mentioned in one of his posts, it's something derogatory about her looks, voice, etc.

Just come out of it HT and admit you hate Rukia.

Someone who didn't hate Rukia wouldn't make fanarts of Rukia with a penis and try to pass it off as a joke.
Old 2008-07-24, 17:12   Link #325
twkiwilee

I don't hate her, yet don't really like her.. or actually, i just find her as a boring character. She does have funny moments, but her joke just doesn't stick on me to "really really" like her.
But i do like her powers; they're powerful and unique that i would really like her only if it weren't for her "personality/character"--she's pretty when she had that hairstyle during SS arc (i wonder why she doesn't do her hair like that anymore)

Her personality is what annoys me a little, and many had mentioned the same:

1. she is an ichigo-centric (kurosaki-kun.. gosh~ but what i had noticed when i rewatched the episode of a flashback to kaien, rukia has called him "kaien-dono" like many many times and the part when rukia said "i admire her" (kaien's wife) actually reminded me of orihime--so i was glad rukia grew out of that.

2. I don't really like her strong but in a "very girly" character. You know, with that power of hers, if she acted like a bad-ass/tough girl i would have considered her as one of my favorite character. I just don't like characters that i can't really depend on or like need support from others in order to make her strong and have confident--well it's alright if she needs support but not like every single time. Everytime i see her, i get this feeling that "uh oh, someone needs to watch her or else she might get hurt"--so in a way, she is a "pest" as in she gets in people's way. (actually having her as a company is ok; she heals people, but i just don't like it when she tries to fight too, many times it ends up other people saving her. If she wants to tag along, then she should just consider protecting/defending herself first)

3. The tone of her voice/her speech sounds weak. if she had talked more firmly and with confident, then it would really match her powers (in bleach that is, since she's not really the center or the focus of the bleach... if she were in other anime and having her as one of the special main character and acts how she acts now, i would also have liked her.. but her character in bleach doesn't really suite her maybe it's her place--she's a major character like ishida/chad but not the main

4. she doesn't know her limits. that's why she's a "pest." she thinks "big" but she doesn't really live up to that word. Instead, when she fails, she sulk. and then we might see another scene hearing her "failures" etc.. sigh....she's too shojo-ish doesn't fit bleach. (not that i'm against shojo, i love shojo..beautiful/hot/dependable guys and girls who i enjoy and like )

5. her character wasn't so bad actually, but when she's with ichigo, her character changes (not that it's not her character; it's part of her). When she's with ichigo, the stuff i've mentioned above 1,2,3,4 become ten times worse, which annoys the heck out of me. But i guess she's love crazy. (edit: oh yea, but i respected orihime a little bit more when she slapped ulq. i was like YEA~)

6. i don't like when a person asks her 'are you ok:" she would lie and say "i'm fine" etc.. well if orihime don't want others to worry for her, then she should NOT have made her distress/problem seem so OBVIOUS. It's like as if wanting attention (in reality), but telling others that she doesn't want attention. (but for some reason, in other anime i have watched,i usually still like the characters eventhough they are like that.. hmm.. maybe it's b/c the others characters doesn't have all the 1,2,3,4,5,6 like orihime)

well that's all i could think of so far for the reasons why i don't really like her. Yet i don't hate her. the person i hate is aizen. he needs to DIE.

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-07-24 at 17:30.
Old 2008-07-24, 18:27   Link #326
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by twkiwilee View Post
I don't hate her, yet don't really like her.. or actually, i just find her as a boring character. She does have funny moments, but her joke just doesn't stick on me to "really really" like her.
But i do like her powers; they're powerful and unique that i would really like her only if it weren't for her "personality/character"--she's pretty when she had that hairstyle during SS arc (i wonder why she doesn't do her hair like that anymore)

1. she is an ichigo-centric (kurosaki-kun.. gosh~ but what i had noticed when i rewatched the episode of a flashback to kaien, rukia has called him "kaien-dono" like many many times and the part when rukia said "i admire her" (kaien's wife) actually reminded me of orihime--so i was glad rukia grew out of that.

2. I don't really like her strong but in a "very girly" character. You know, with that power of hers, if she acted like a bad-ass/tough girl i would have considered her as one of my favorite character. I just don't like characters that i can't really depend on or like need support from others in order to make her strong and have confident--well it's alright if she needs support but not like every single time. Everytime i see her, i get this feeling that "uh oh, someone needs to watch her or else she might get hurt"--so in a way, she is a "pest" as in she gets in people's way. (actually having her as a company is ok; she heals people, but i just don't like it when she tries to fight too, many times it ends up other people saving her. If she wants to tag along, then she should just consider protecting/defending herself first)

3. The tone of her voice/her speech sounds weak. if she had talked more firmly and with confident, then it would really match her powers (in bleach that is, since she's not really the center or the focus of the bleach... if she were in other anime and having her as one of the special main character and acts how she acts now, i would also have liked her.. but her character in bleach doesn't really suite her maybe it's her place--she's a major character like ishida/chad but not the main

4. she doesn't know her limits. that's why she's a "pest." she thinks "big" but she doesn't really live up to that word. Instead, when she fails, she sulk. and then we might see another scene hearing her "failures" etc.. sigh....she's too shojo-ish doesn't fit bleach. (not that i'm against shojo, i love shojo..beautiful/hot/dependable guys and girls who i enjoy and like )

5. her character wasn't so bad actually, but when she's with ichigo, her character changes (not that it's not her character; it's part of her). When she's with ichigo, the stuff i've mentioned above 1,2,3,4 become ten times worse, which annoys the heck out of me. But i guess she's love crazy. (edit: oh yea, but i respected orihime a little bit more when she slapped ulq. i was like YEA~)

6. i don't like when a person asks her 'are you ok:" she would lie and say "i'm fine" etc.. well if orihime don't want others to worry for her, then she should NOT have made her distress/problem seem so OBVIOUS. It's like as if wanting attention (in reality), but telling others that she doesn't want attention. (but for some reason, in other anime i have watched,i usually still like the characters eventhough they are like that.. hmm.. maybe it's b/c the others characters doesn't have all the 1,2,3,4,5,6 like orihime)

well that's all i could think of so far for the reasons why i don't really like her. Yet i don't hate her. the person i hate is aizen. he needs to DIE.
You took the words out of my mouth. I actually find Orihime's powers to be very interesting, but she doesn't take the time to develop them to their full potential.
Old 2008-07-24, 19:03   Link #327
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
This discussion and many previous topics about Orihime all go back to what kind of character she is in Bleach. Its unfortunate that many of her detractors view her in Shounen style goggles and cannot appreciate a character like her set in that kind of atmosphere. What attracts me to her is she posseses human and mortal characteristics unlike the typical card-board cutout shounen fighting characters. Throughout the HM arc, she has struggled immensely through different emotional states, some seeing it as a sign of weakness, but those who appreciate it can see it as strength as she at her core is a pacifist. That kind of idealism is as strong or exceeds violence as a solution, and I see it as having nothing to do with feminism. Even if she never develops offensive abilities, there are other ways she can transcend all the shounen fighting, and have the readers not already biased, to truly respect and embrace her character.

But this is shounen, so most acknowledgment goes through observations of the main character. Now that may be a little sexist but I guess there is nothing we can do about it. And its also unfortunate that some rely on a character's forte in battle. One character, probably already mentioned before, who I would like Orihime to emulate as one of the most respected characters is Unohaha.
Old 2008-07-24, 21:39   Link #328
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
You took the words out of my mouth. I actually find Orihime's powers to be very interesting, but she doesn't take the time to develop them to their full potential.
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
This discussion and many previous topics about Orihime all go back to what kind of character she is in Bleach. Its unfortunate that many of her detractors view her in Shounen style goggles and cannot appreciate a character like her set in that kind of atmosphere. What attracts me to her is she posseses human and mortal characteristics unlike the typical card-board cutout shounen fighting characters. Throughout the HM arc, she has struggled immensely through different emotional states, some seeing it as a sign of weakness, but those who appreciate it can see it as strength as she at her core is a pacifist. That kind of idealism is as strong or exceeds violence as a solution, and I see it as having nothing to do with feminism. Even if she never develops offensive abilities, there are other ways she can transcend all the shounen fighting, and have the readers not already biased, to truly respect and embrace her character.

One character, probably already mentioned before, who I would like Orihime to emulate as one of the most respected characters is Unohaha.
omg, i was thinking the same thing. i thought if only orihime's character can be like unohana (confident..firm..knows what she's doing etc but i'm beginning to see some of those character coming out of orihime) yep! i don't know why i didn't add that.

orihime does express human emotions b/c we get to hear her inner thoughts but orihime is not the only character shown with human emotions (and it doesn't mean that b/c she has "human emotions" we should like/love her)
There are different ways to show human emotions:

orihime's case: since she is usually timid and doesn't like to express herself publically, we get to know her through her inner thoughts
rukia's case: she's more physical/open, her "human emotions" (despite her being a shinigami) are expressed through physical/yelling/and also inner thoughts (SS arc)--rukia's still a girl and girls tend to think a lot )
guys' case: most usually express those emotions through fighting (i don't know why (i'm not a guy), but many guys understand one another better after a fight) Although there are other guys whose character tends to be that of orihime or rukia, so their way to express them are similar to the girls'.

so what i'm saying is that kubo didn't just give orihime the "human characteristics;" (he's not being bais) he gave it to all main and major characters and even some minor characters. What you're saying that others may not like orihime because she express "human emotions" is incorrect. i don't believe we judge her based on that and even if we did, it's not that she expresses them but the "stuff" that she expresses. Some of us maybe just don't like her personality..we are not bias about her b/c she shows those emotions. we (hopefully everyone) judge everyone based on his/her character/action/personality/appearance. I mean what else do we judge a person on?

and about the genre type, i would just be a critic and say orihime is in the wrong anime.. (i mean even her powers are so foreign in bleach ). maybe some people don't like to watch shojo b/c maybe they dislike the characters like orihime, so that's why they want to want seinen or shounen so that they can get away/avoid that kind of character appearing on screen. Yet, they saw that type in shounen also, and thus dislike her.

being a critic again.. kubo is creating a new kind of genre perhaps, not necessary shounen, yet is categorized as shounen b/c we don't have another name for it for now

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-07-24 at 21:56.
Old 2008-07-24, 22:59   Link #329
asam_laksa

Quote:

Since you admit that you hate Aizen, then I must step in.

I hate Ichigo, I despise him very much. I dislike the fact that Kubo Tite uses 'Orihime' to narrate Ichigo in a much better light'.....the whole seeing him in a much favourable light in compared to the other fans and other Bleach characters, makes it very difficult for me to accept IchiHime. I get so frustrated seeing him being 'redeemed/won' over by the fans through Orihime's perception. Why can't Kubo Tite just stop doing that? Why can't she just 'ignore' him and not relate to the readers about how sad, kind, gentle and strong he is, a man who could not do anything wrong? Can't she just do it on other else people, who are around, so as to get a little bit more insight about that person. Aizen, Hitsugaya, Ulquiorra, Grimmjaw......everyone else, heck maybe Rukia also, in order that we could see know a little bit more about them.

Therefore, for those who get frustrated for Orihime being 'Kurosaki-kun' centric.....get over it. Ichigo is the MAIN MALE CHARACTER, he needs someone who would be able to portray him as someone who is a hero.

I still am trying to get over the fact that Kubo Tite uses Orihime to paint a very wonderful person in Ichigo, when Ichigo's not really that wonderful.
Old 2008-07-24, 23:25   Link #330
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
Since you admit that you hate Aizen, then I must step in.

I hate Ichigo, I despise him very much. I dislike the fact that Kubo Tite uses 'Orihime' to narrate Ichigo in a much better light'.....the whole seeing him in a much favourable light in compared to the other fans and other Bleach characters, makes it very difficult for me to accept IchiHime. I get so frustrated seeing him being 'redeemed/won' over by the fans through Orihime's perception. Why can't Kubo Tite just stop doing that? Why can't she just 'ignore' him and not relate to the readers about how sad, kind, gentle and strong he is, a man who could not do anything wrong? Can't she just do it on other else people, who are around, so as to get a little bit more insight about that person. Aizen, Hitsugaya, Ulquiorra, Grimmjaw......everyone else, heck maybe Rukia also, in order that we could see know a little bit more about them.

Therefore, for those who get frustrated for Orihime being 'Kurosaki-kun' centric.....get over it. Ichigo is the MAIN MALE CHARACTER, he needs someone who would be able to portray him as someone who is a hero.

I still am trying to get over the fact that Kubo Tite uses Orihime to paint a very wonderful person in Ichigo, when Ichigo's not really that wonderful.
um, i'm sorry to disappoint you but ichigo is already portray as a hero even without orihime's help/comment. we can see that in his words/facial expressions/ and actions that he is a hero or that he tries to do what's right. ichigo is already a hero in episode one (he saves his whole family), even without introducing orihime yet.

maybe you're forgetting the fact that orihime is deeply IN LOVE with ichigo; thus, of course she probably sees him as "wonderful." Love blinds orihime to love even ichigo's faults/weaknesses. When one loves someone, he/she will think about that someone like almost a 24/7 thing, so why would she focus on someone else?

sidenote: wow you really love orihime to a point to even hate ichigo, the main guy. don't worry, just for you, i'll tell you that i hate naruto the main lead; i believe they over-protrayed him as great/powerful/special etc..
Old 2008-07-25, 00:49   Link #331
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

if you can love someone despite their faults, that says a lot.

that's not blind love, that's true love. (though they can sorta go hand in hand)
Old 2008-07-25, 00:51   Link #332
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

I wish Orihime was less lovesick, and less like a typical shoujo girl (yeah, I think she's in the wrong genre xD). Her powers are very, very, very interesting (heck, if I had them, I'd reject History class out of existence! BUHAHAHA...yeah..), but her personality lacks the strength to uphold them.

I wish I could see Tsubaki in FULL action. Now that would be interesting.

On another note, I hate Ichigo almost as much as Naruto. Typical shounen heroes *mutters in corner*...
Old 2008-07-25, 02:05   Link #333
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
if you can love someone despite their faults, that says a lot.

that's not blind love, that's true love. (though they can sorta go hand in hand)
Problem is, to Orihime, Ichigo is WITHOUT faults.
Old 2008-07-25, 06:08   Link #334
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

It is called balance...her power is so amazing that were she a more dominant personality type, odds are she might have been evil.
Old 2008-07-25, 10:19   Link #335
mace58
Ketseuka Hagane
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to mace58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
There seems to be alot of Orihime hate compared to Bleachexile, where they make her a saint compared to other characters. So why do you guys loathe her so much? I like Orihime and Rukia equally, it's just all this Orihime hate is making me feel sad for her. I don't understand why people would want her to die. I mean she's not a horrible horrible devil or anything.
i agree i dont know where its comein either
Old 2008-07-25, 10:24   Link #336
asam_laksa

Quote:
um, i'm sorry to disappoint you but ichigo is already portray as a hero even without orihime's help/comment. we can see that in his words/facial expressions/ and actions that he is a hero or that he tries to do what's right. ichigo is already a hero in episode one (he saves his whole family), even without introducing orihime yet.

maybe you're forgetting the fact that orihime is deeply IN LOVE with ichigo; thus, of course she probably sees him as "wonderful." Love blinds orihime to love even ichigo's faults/weaknesses. When one loves someone, he/she will think about that someone like almost a 24/7 thing, so why would she focus on someone else?

sidenote: wow you really love orihime to a point to even hate ichigo, the main guy. don't worry, just for you, i'll tell you that i hate naruto the main lead; i believe they over-protrayed him as great/powerful/special etc..
I like AizenOrihime fan, so yeah I do like Aizen more than Ichigo....mainly because my delusional mind seemed to be fed with a lot of merchandise, anime Aizen Orihime connection that I seem to believe that AizenxOrihime would happen.

Ichigo is already potrayed as a hero, with his words/facial expressions? How come I'm not surprised with the statement?

Let me see, before Orihime really entered into his life fully, and when I say 'entering into his life fully', I meant SS arc, when they entered SS to rescue Rukia.

a) Punk/gangster who is involved with many street fights. Yes, people pick on him because of his colors, but he could say no politely and walk off, eventhough if it were to picture him as a coward.(eg: Ganju) Ill-tempered man.
b) Treats his friends, Keigo and Mizuno like trash, threatening to kill them if they do something to annoy him.
c) He distances himself away from most of the people, except for Chad, Keigo and Mizuiro. He forgets people's names.
d) He's a rebel when his teachers are around, coming to the class late, he's not the ideal student.
e) He's the type that does whateve he likes to do, not bothered about what other people thinks about him.
f) His treatment towards his father.
g) He thinks it's normal of him for him to do something nice for his family, but Orihime thinks it's because he's a kind man(that's where Orihime has a better perception of him).
h) He's competitve, he has a big humangous ego problem about being a 'God Protector' / 'Guardian God'. He just likes to show off.
i) He doesn't use his brain that often.
j) He doesn't really care about the town, except his 'friends' and family.

Aizen, yes, I won't deny that he's the villain of Bleach, however when it comes to Orihime and Aizen, Aizen's good side characteristic isn't being forced in such a way that people would have to like him, not like how Kubo Tite did on Ichigo via Orihime. Orihime's narration of him is basically.......how shall I say......'very careful, precarious, at the steep' situation. The vibes of 'doubts and trust' between the two, it makes it very exciting when you think about it.

Will Orihime fall out of love for Ichigo, yes, it's possible, when there's something happened between the two of them that is unreversible, unforgivable to the point that it's hard for her to just continue it on being by his side. The situation where Orihime sees Ichigo in his Vaizard form, doesn't count because she was afraid of him and for him, then when he came back to normal, she was very happy.

So yes, the only thing that would break the two's relationship would have to be betrayal, anger and hatred. Like how it happened between Yoruichi and SoiFon.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:01   Link #337
twkiwilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
a) Punk/gangster who is involved with many street fights. Yes, people pick on him because of his colors, but he could say no politely and walk off, eventhough if it were to picture him as a coward.(eg: Ganju) Ill-tempered man.
well, a lot of your points are just characteristics of a typical shounen main character. your list reminded me of yu yu hakusho, yet the main lead of that show is still a hero. From what i remember currently, ichigo did try to "walk off" when ulq tries to provoke him to fight yet ichigo refuses and turns his back on him..slowly "walking off".

Dude, ichigo is not ishida! (yet even ishida gets cocky when it comes to fighting)
Ichigo is not superman or batman who only does your ideal type of "justice"!
Ichigo is protrayed as what a normal human would do, yet is still considered a hero. Ichigo is not perfect.
Quote:
g) He thinks it's normal of him for him to do something nice for his family, but Orihime thinks it's because he's a kind man(that's where Orihime has a better perception of him).
you know, if we scratch the last part where orihime comes in, we can still infer (i'm not really good at making inferences but i can tell this much) that he has goodness in him. But adding the last part, we get to see what type of character orihime is (very kind, doesn't down-talk other people, and knows a lot about ichigo, maybe even hinting that "oh, so she likes him", etc)
Quote:
h) He's competitve, he has a big humangous ego problem about being a 'God Protector' / 'Guardian God'. He just likes to show off.
Ichigo doesn't really like to be protected, because it would stain his pride. Plus he had already being protected by his mother and later on by rukia because he was weak. That's why when he obtains shinigami powers, he wanted to protect others who he either thought was his fault that they were in danger or the ones he cares. The majority of bleach characters like to show off, especially in the middle of a fight, so i don't where you are getting.
Quote:
j) He doesn't really care about the town, except his 'friends' and family.
Yea right, I guess you totally missed episode one and two. In the beginning, ichigo is fighting to protect/pay-back for that little spirit girl (forgot her name)--what do you call that? I believe in ep 2, ichigo wanted to save that little spirit boy who was chased by a hollow, but rukia tells him to not save him unless he will accept the shinigami job--so he only cares about his friends and family? i don't think so.
Quote:
Aizen's good side characteristic isn't being forced in such a way that people would have to like him
Aizen good? oh gosh, i'm actually glad that hinamori is the one falling head over heels for him and not orihime. But still, poor hinamori, Aizen used her, yet he even used orihime too. tsk tsk.
Quote:
So yes, the only thing that would break the two's relationship would have to be betrayal, anger and hatred. Like how it happened between Yoruichi and SoiFon.
Hmm, maybe i missed something, i thought yoruichi and soifon become on good terms later on. And even so, after their first fight, soifon was still sadden and even called her "yoruichi-sama"

------------

wow we sure are getting off topic.
well anyway, i believe the person you should dislike/hate is orihime, because the stuff you hate about her is her characteristic/personality, which can't really be changed. It's not kubo's fault. He protrayed her character well to a point that is so like her, yet you ignore it or find it annoying. But i will admit, kubo makes orhime to like ichigo so that we viewers can know just how cool/great he is.. (wow this reminded me of naruto again: hinata/naruto), so if you don't want that, then i don't think orihime is even needed in bleach. Kubo could have given orihime's power to someone else other than giving it to orihime.

here are some of the main reasons why I believe kubo created orihime:
1. to make ichigo have an admirer (kubo really love ichigo, i'm sure of it)
2. to make many guys like bleach b/c the anime contains "big boobs"/sensual-like--in other words to please the guys
3. to heal other people (yet i believe, again, could had given that power to someone else or find some other ways to heal people)

Last edited by twkiwilee; 2008-07-25 at 14:26.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:48   Link #338
Steve the Tribble

I just read through the first few postings and the last one.... ^^
Well, I think, Orihime is a very natural character. She's not a heroine but a girl like you could meet around the next corner.
And ordinary people have ordinary problems.
That makes her and the rest of the Bleach characteres so realistic. As said somewhere before, many people that are those DBZ / Naruto - dub viewers aren't able to go deep into all the complicated relationships between the characteres that are one part of the fascination of Bleach for me.
Fights are not everything and them allone don't make a series good.
Old 2008-07-25, 15:03   Link #339
asam_laksa

Quote:
well, a lot of your points are just characteristics of a typical shounen main character. your list reminded me of yu yu hakusho, yet the main lead of that show is still a hero. From what i remember currently, ichigo did try to "walk off" when ulq tries to provoke him to fight yet ichigo refuses and turns his back on him..slowly "walking off".
I'm setting before Orihime fully came into his life, ....remember? What's with Ulquiorra with Ichigo?

The main focus here is about Orihime narrating about her 'Kurosaki-kun' which a lots of fans are clenching their jaws about.(totally missing the appreciation of the story)

Quote:
Dude, ichigo is not ishida! (yet even ishida gets cocky when it comes to fighting)
Ichigo is not superman or batman who only does your ideal type of "justice"!
Ichigo is protrayed as what a normal human would do, yet is still considered a hero. Ichigo is not perfect.
Yeah, you can consider him to be a hero, I don't. For a shinigami 'substitute' who agreed initially to help Rukia because he didn't like to owe anyone a favour, it's hard for me to see as a man hard-set to save the world.

The fact is, he's potrayed earlier as someone who is selfish for himself. Period. Read what Orihime said about him, about doing whatever he wants, and not whatever that is right in saving Rukia.

Quote:
you know, if we scratch the last part where orihime comes in, we can still infer (i'm not really good at making inferences but i can tell this much) that he has goodness in him. But adding the last part, we get to see what type of character orihime is (very kind, doesn't down-talk other people, and knows a lot about ichigo, maybe even hinting that "oh, so she likes him", etc)
Okay, that's your interpretation. Knows a lot about Ichigo, doesn't really happen until Orihime realizes that she has her own spiritual power. The whole, 'I know that Ichigo is really someone else(Kon)' is because she could see Ichigo in a shinigami attire, that's why the anime added an extra Ichigo fighting Kon, to emphasize that Orihime could see 'Ichigo'.

By the way, I'm more an anime person than manga person.

Quote:
Ichigo doesn't really like to be protected, because it would stain his pride. Plus he had already being protected by his mother and later on by rukia because he was weak. That's why when he obtains shinigami powers, he wanted to protect others who he either thought was his fault that they were in danger or the ones he cares. The majority of bleach characters like to show off, especially in the middle of a fight, so i don't where you are getting.
Eh, asking Byakuya to release bankai, thinking that he could defeat with just a shikai? Even Byakuya told him that he's too confident for his own good.

Have you seen any other shinigami like Ichigo before? Maybe Yumichika, refusing to release his shikai, because he's afraid of being laughed at. Or Ikkaku, for refusing to forsake his loyalty to Kenpachi.
Quote:
Jidanbou mentioned his name Ichigo is cute, but Ichigo retaliated by correcting Jidanbou, saying that his name meant to be a Guardian Angel / God.

That was why when Ichigo lost his first fight with Grimmjaw, the title of that chapter was 'You Don't Hear My Name Anymore', because Ichigo felt he had lost the ability to protect.....he cannot live up to his name.

It's basically he, and himself and that little dick.

Quote:
Yea right, I guess you totally missed episode one and two. In the beginning, ichigo is fighting to protect/pay-back for that little spirit girl (forgot her name)--what do you call that? I believe in ep 2, ichigo wanted to save that little spirit boy who was chased by a hollow, but rukia tells him to not save him unless he will accept the shinigami job--so he only cares about his friends and family? i don't think so.
Yeah, I thought of the same about you, you missing that part. He mentioned in the anime about doing whatever he likes, .......unlike the manga where he said he's not the type who would owe people a favour, so until Rukia's powers come back, he would be grudgingly helping her out with that shinigami job.....saving strangers.

The little spirit girl was basically someone he was friends with, shown earlier in the prequels.

Quote:
Aizen good? oh gosh, i'm actually glad that hinamori is the one falling head over heels for him and not orihime. But still, poor hinamori, Aizen used her, yet he even used orihime too. tsk tsk.

Hmm, maybe i missed something, i thought yoruichi and soifon become on good terms later on. And even so, after their first fight, soifon was still sadden and even called her "yoruichi-sama"
------------
well anyway, i believe the person you should dislike/hate is orihime, because the stuff you hate about her is her characteristic/personality, which can't really be changed. It's not kubo's fault. He protrayed her character well to a point that is so like her, yet you ignore it or find it annoying. But i will admit, kubo makes orhime to like ichigo so that we viewers can know just how cool/great he is.. (wow this reminded me of naruto again: hinata/naruto), so if you don't want that, then i don't think orihime is even needed in bleach. Kubo could have given orihime's power to someone else other than giving it to orihime.

here are some of the main reasons why I believe kubo created orihime:
1. to make ichigo have an admirer (kubo really love ichigo, i'm sure of it)
2. to make many guys like bleach b/c the anime contains "big boobs"/sensual-like--in other words to please the guys
3. to heal other people (yet i believe, again, could had given that power to someone else or find some other ways to heal people)
Do you know thatHinamori's birthday was 3/6 while Orihime's birthday was 3/9. And we know the number 69 are very apparent throughout Bleach, from Aaroniro(69), Shuuhei(69) and Kensei Murugama (69).

Aizen's birthday 29/5.....five days before Hinamori's birthday, and it's usually in the early month of June or late month of May, that the 'plum' rain occurs, the same rain that robbed Ichigo of his mother. That's why Ichigo hated the rain.

Hinamori's zanpakutou had the word 'plum' in it.

Coincidely, Orihime wants to be the rain, that connects the earth and the sky.

Hitsugaya and Ichigo are considered similar, in a way that they are tensais, their hair is bleached, and they both were able to strike bankai at the shortest period.

Hitsugaya's poem about the flower being crushed on the hand and ice-dragon appearing after the sun eclipse, is almost similar to Ulquiorra's statement in regarding to the sun falling into their hands, and Aizen's statement about the sun being blocked, and everyone being sad.

Kubo Tite associates Aizen as the rain /water god, setting the title 'And The Rain Left Off', in align with Aizen-taichi leaving SS. Huenco Mundo is supposedly to be the place where there's no single drop of water, the fact that Aizen could provide tea, is something mindboggling.

Ichigo hates the rain, while Aizen.....let's just say he loves seeing the whole world being covered with water.

A Bleach Japanese fan wrote to me back.
Spoiler for :

That's why we had the whole Orihime, 'My body and soul belonged to Aizen-sama, only' and the near kiss that Aizen gave to Orihime......and the sickle-moon 7/7 sign that was supposedly to be also Ichigo's symbol.

Which is also part of the reason, why I shouldn't be bothered myself with that IchiKiai vs IchiHime 'debate/fight'. There's no such thing as plot / character developement in Bleach.

Quote:
wow we sure are getting off topic.
It's about Orihime.

Don't have to defend Ichigo, since our opinions differ from each other.

Last edited by asam_laksa; 2008-07-25 at 15:47.
Old 2008-07-25, 16:18   Link #340
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qc0Jh1axT View Post
Problem is, to Orihime, Ichigo is WITHOUT faults.
really now?
Closed Thread