AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-05, 01:11   Link #12381
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabman View Post
The comparison to Oda is highly appropriate in this case.

Both Kamachi and Oda, greatly successful authors over the years, have recently hit huge yet sudden strides in popularity for both their works (it's curious how synonymous it actually is).
At this point, the difference of sales from the competition is simply disjarring.

They're like Accelerator: even for the ones close up the rank, there's a shocking difference in power.

One Piece has all but solidify it's position as King of Shounen. Though I haven't follow any of the big three in years, word on the street is how the other two have been slowly degrading while One Piece has been on the rise ever since a certain someone bites the dust.

But this isn't so clear cut for the Light Novel world. There are some serious contenders that are pretty even in this fight and it's only getting tougher now that Haruhi is back from the grave, and Boku wa Tomodachi is getting an Anime... In terms of sales- with the exception of Haruhi- everybody else is neck-to-neck, the one advantage that Index has is numbers- but this ranking limits that overwhelming advantage by counting only from a year and a half ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Index has gotten it's success and recognition, but I want to get all the facts straight before I run down the street naked and covered in goat's blood screaming "Hail to the King baby!"
Old 2011-08-05, 15:29   Link #12382
Miraluka
Banned

R-SS2 Chapter 4 complete

R-SS2 Chapter 5, parts 1 and 2.
Old 2011-08-05, 15:53   Link #12383
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Conversation between Narita and Kamachi

js06 translation
Quote:
>...may be, but Accelerator really is disinterested in that kind of thing. Speaking of which, Kamijou has almost never said anything about what kind of girl he likes.
>Kamachi: He said he liked the dorm manager onee-san type, but that was just while he was joking around.
>Narita: That's why it's so hard for even the readers to guess who Kamijou's true love will be. I'm actually pretty bad at giving a good idea of who would work good with who romantically. I deal with it by just doing it in reverse and having all the couples made from the very beginning. In Baccano...
Old 2011-08-05, 16:04   Link #12384
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

However, even if Accelerator is disinterested by women in general, he will not let LO or WORST get an irresponsible boyfriend -- if at all.

Tou-san Tsundere Power.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-05, 17:28   Link #12385
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Conversation between Narita and Kamachi
Are those two such good buddies now ?

Quote:
js06 translation

>...may be, but Accelerator really is disinterested in that kind of thing. Speaking of which, Kamijou has almost never said anything about what kind of girl he likes.
GAH! Relationship conversations between the Authors?! Must have full details !

Accelerator... I'm waiting for his hormones to kick in...

Quote:
>Kamachi: He said he liked the dorm manager onee-san type, but that was just while he was joking around.
YES! THANK YOU! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE PAST YEAR AND THEN SOME !

Quote:
>Narita: That's why it's so hard for even the readers to guess who Kamijou's true love will be. I'm actually pretty bad at giving a good idea of who would work good with who romantically. I deal with it by just doing it in reverse and having all the couples made from the very beginning. In Baccano...
Narita's not a fan of the dating sim direction eh...

And I don't think fans have a hard time guessing, because we all know what the majority opinion is. In fact, I don't thing Kamachi has made it really hard for us at all.

But this kind of talk before the new volume comes out... That would mean the situation for both Touma and Accelerator on the relationship front won't change at all...
Old 2011-08-05, 18:05   Link #12386
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Accelerator... I'm waiting for his hormones to kick in...
Non-hormonal Accel: Bitches and moans when annoying girls are around.

Hormonal Accel: Sits quietly, frowning, and doesn't say anything as he takes mental snapshots for when a quiet afternoon comes.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-05, 20:53   Link #12387
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Non-hormonal Accel: Bitches and moans when annoying girls are around.

Hormonal Accel: Sits quietly, frowning, and doesn't say anything as he takes mental snapshots for when a quiet afternoon comes.
Generally speaking, he stopped being an angry man after getting punched out by Touma in the freezing Russian landscape.

That's another way to 'cool your head'.
Old 2011-08-05, 22:00   Link #12388
Sumeragi
Banned

Given that Touma's nickname among (at least Korean) fans is "eunuch," I think it'll be a while before we get to know who he's interested in.
Old 2011-08-05, 23:47   Link #12389
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That's... harsh lol. I don't think Touma is that bad, at least he still shows some kind of perverted thought here and there in the novel, though he never act on it(like on vol 5 toward the loli index). He's just not interested in pursuing romantic relation right now. That's just my opinion though lol.
Old 2011-08-05, 23:49   Link #12390
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

If at all. Maybe it's going to end up as ToumaxIB or ToumaxDragonKing.

Dragon King gave Touma some serious head...!

[Puts on cool shades]

Old 2011-08-06, 00:28   Link #12391
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That's... harsh lol. I don't think Touma is that bad, at least he still shows some kind of perverted thought here and there in the novel, though he never act on it(like on vol 5 toward the loli index). He's just not interested in pursuing romantic relation right now. That's just my opinion though lol.

It's not so bad with Touma because it's not so obvious with Touma The world of Index is serious business! There's no time to be enjoying romantic-comedy when all hell is going down every other week

Enjoy a beach episode? No can do, the whole world is in chaos.
Enjoy a fake date episode? No can do, crazy stalker trying to kill him.
Enjoy a shopping trip? No can do, angry gothic woman on a warpath.
Enjoy a sport festival? No can do, people trying to take over the city.
Enjoy a vacation trip? No can do, fanatic Italians on the high seas.
Enjoy a real date episode? Maybe, but back to work at night.
Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.

Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...

Every possible romcom event is punctuated with violence and intrigue; if there's a swimming pool arc, or an amusement park, or a movie marathon, or even a sleep over party, he'll be juggling that and stopping the ten plagues or something.

...So yeah, maybe I can understand if relationship isn't a top priority at the moment for Kamijou Touma.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-06 at 00:42.
Old 2011-08-06, 00:36   Link #12392
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
If at all. Maybe it's going to end up as ToumaxIB or ToumaxDragonKing.

Dragon King gave Touma some serious head...!

[Puts on cool shades]
plot twist in Touma's case

Actually the dragon is a girl ....
Spoiler for ...NSFW..:

ROFL

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2011-08-06 at 00:51.
Old 2011-08-06, 01:13   Link #12393
arson88

a reference to Midori No Hibi if the Dragon in Touma's hand is a girl. His romantic interest will be his right hand..
Old 2011-08-06, 01:18   Link #12394
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by arson88 View Post
a reference to Midori No Hibi if the Dragon in Touma's hand is a girl. His romantic interest will be his right hand..
Oh you. Nice one.
Old 2011-08-06, 01:30   Link #12395
chrono9472

Quote:
It's not so bad with Touma because it's not so obvious with Touma The world of Index is serious business! There's no time to be enjoying romantic-comedy when all hell is going down every other week

Enjoy a public bath episode? No can do, violent Englishman beating him within an inch of his life.
Enjoy a plane trip to England? No can do, french terrorists just happen to be onboard.

Enjoy a good night's sleep? No can do, Index getting kidnapped (thrice), Mikoto's in trouble, Mikoto's Imouto's in trouble, Mikoto's Kouhai in trouble, Mikoto's Mother in trouble...

Every possible romcom event is punctuated with violence and intrigue; if there's a swimming pool arc, or an amusement park, or a movie marathon, or even a sleep over party, he'll be juggling that and stopping the ten plagues or something.

...So yeah, maybe I can understand if relationship isn't a top priority at the moment for Kamijou Touma.
its like these two are in a competition with each other.

And i wouldn't mind a swimming pool arc if it involves kanzaki,laura,stiyl,accel family and touma
Old 2011-08-06, 02:07   Link #12396
leukrota

Quote:
Spoiler:
That explains a lot, like how he feels like running whenever Mikoto is near him, or whenever something good seems to be happening.

He's been conditioned like Pavlov's dogs... When there's good fortune for him, there a whole lot more misfortune right around the corner. He doesn't even dare to think about romance, as an axe might fall down on him from the sky the moment he does.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-08-06 at 12:11. Reason: Too many errors, I think my brain was malfuntioning.
Old 2011-08-06, 11:24   Link #12397
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Enjoy returning to Academy City after England? No can do, Fiamma shows up at the last minutes, screws things up and takes over Index. "Derp... let's go to Russia then."
Enjoy going to Russia? No can do, he's not there for leisure, he's there to stop that bastard and save Index.
Enjoy being in Russia? No can do, it's now a war zone, Fiamma screws more things up, and has more up his sleeve.
Enjoy a break after getting saved by Bardway and company? No can do, he goes back to Academy City and saves Fremea and Shiage from a last-ditch desperation move from Kuroyoru.
Enjoy meeting up with Accelerator and Shiage? No can do, that's when they're gonna get BUSY!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-06, 22:18   Link #12398
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Damnit, shouldn't there be leaks soon? We're 3 days away.

Old 2011-08-06, 22:40   Link #12399
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Damnit, shouldn't there be leaks soon? We're 3 days away.
Even if there is, it's Sunday- everybody's out absorbing sunshine to recharge for the new week... Nobody's going to be cave diving into the darkest depths of the internet for us...
Old 2011-08-06, 22:48   Link #12400
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Supposedly on 2ch there is talk of a Mikoto and index confrontation.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen