Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-17, 12:22   Link #3101
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
It's not surprising or reprehensible imho that the family killed Alice's father. I mean, we've seen that the infection takes longer with some people than others, and the family's probably not entirely clear on all the details like the people who had to fight their way through. I mean, even if they had them strip and searched every inch of their skin for possible wounds that could have caught a bit of saliva (or whatever is in those bites), what would they do if they're halfway through when suddenly the person bends down and bites through their spine? I wouldn't take a risk of letting someone in that could suddenly turn into a powerful killing machine, or letting him damage the only thing standing between my family and Them.
And the sound of the girl's voice attracting the zombies when there didn't seem to be too much effect from daddy doesn't seem too strange either. The father was up next to the door, and the girl was right next to the road. More importantly, there's enough going on that they might have turned and then turned away again after daddy suddenly went silent. We already know they can be slow to move. In other words, a few on the street hear Dad and start to turn, then turn to a stray cat when things go quiet, then suddenly there's a long, constant, high-pitched sound closer to the street and thus carrying farther.
Also, I worry a bit about their taking the girl on. I mean, they basically made her a mascot or symbol of their continued humanity, proof that they can put themselves on the line. In a way, she's become sort of an anchor for them, giving them something to protect rather than just fighting for themselves. She's defenseless, and if something happens to her, everything could come crashing down in an instant. I just hope the authors don't decide to do something that sadistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
oh my... i cant stop looking at teh boobs....
Isn't it funny how perspectives differ?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 12:22   Link #3102
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

If there was a real zombie outbreak i'd be the real life takashi.
Old 2010-08-17, 12:27   Link #3103
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Azunyan : Uragirimono~
That is only temporary! I am faithful to Azunyan! And my other waifus too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Use this.

That has got to be the most comfortable sleeping aid ever! I must test it with my own head....*gets crushed by a weighted companion cube*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 13:02   Link #3104
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Btw, where's all the falcon kick parodies?
No kicks or falcon punch yet to be gif here.
Old 2010-08-17, 13:15   Link #3105
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

There has been two falcon kicks so far, just check my avy
Old 2010-08-17, 14:53   Link #3106
sergho

That line by Saeko, 'let him go, he is our man'. or whatever she said?

I want to hear how the English voice actor interprets that.
sergho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:05   Link #3107
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I could die a happy man after seeing a sight like that. Is there any other girl that could kick zombie ass in an apron and look that good? Well maybe Tsukiumi
Man, you just missed a good opportunity for giving the right Sekirei-related reference.

Hey, I'm a fan of Tsukiumi too, but when it comes to aprons, you should've said Kazehana!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:18   Link #3108
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Since i was too tired to write it about it last night decided to do it today. Also, wanted to try to generate some quality discussion so we can get HOTD its own section. Seiryuu already made some valid points in his post about the morality of the situation.

First of all there is doubt that what happen to Alice's dad was tragedy. A tragedy bought on by chaos, fear,desperation and the need to protect. Most of us would like to think that in times of peril we would help our fellow man and indeed a lot of us would but there is just no way of telling until we are put in situation that is so beyond our control how we would actually react. Even the kindest of people can become demons when it comes to self preservation. Humans by nature can be panicky, violent, paranoid and in worst cases delusional when faced with such extremes that their psyche just cant handle it the load and they snap.

The people in the house im sure were kind and just living their everyday lives any normal person in Tokyo. You could see from when the door was opened they looked normal there was elderly person a young man and young maybe his wife and the two mid aged people who were probably the younger one's parents. Now we can probably say that they did not intend on murdering Alices dad from the get go. They told him to find another place and go away. It was only when he threatened to break the door down that the man opened the door up. However as soon as the door was opened the man stabbed Alices dad. We can say they didnt know if he was really a zombie or not, we can say maybe they thought he was a burglar and he was going to rob them and possibly kill them as well. The man looked truly sorry after he had stabbed Alices dad apologizing over and over. So no at heart he was probably not a bad person just someone who was trying to protect his family and not worrying about others we cant blame them for that. But they didnt even bother to look at Alice nor did they offer to help her, she was just a child.

However, the situation could have been handled in another way. The man in the house could have let Alice's dad know they were armed and if they tried to force their way in there would be consequences. He could have opened the door and kept Alices dad at bay with the make shift spear he had. But self preservation demands a stabbing and questions later its only after a person had made the mistake that they actually realize what they have done. Usually the stress that caused the person to act this way in the first place is no compounded by action they just took only making their psyche worse.

If you remember Takashi and his group had the same philosophy for a while though they strayed from that in the beginning during the bus incident. However Saeko even stated they should turn of the lights and they could only watch out for themselves. Takashi smashed that by saving Alice so we can see each person morals in these kind of situation is usually influenced extreme emotions or personal reasons. Takashi and his group could have followed the same route as the people in the house but in the end they didnt and in later episodes you will also see where what im talking about will come into play. They are not deceiving themselves by any means they have clearly stated they will help those that can be helped but they cant help everyone..

I feel sometimes with all the discussion about boin boin and jiggle jiggle we forget that there is actually some real meat behind the story.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 15:39   Link #3109
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I feel sometimes with all the discussion about boin boin and jiggle jiggle we forget that there is actually some real meat behind the story.
Well people can easily be distracted seeing their favorite female character's breast moving around, it can easily distract anyone from the true point of the story.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:50   Link #3110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
that there is actually some real meat behind the story.
The character development? Yeah it's decent, though there's nothing really much to say about it. It's more fun talking about the over the top fanservice and action.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:54   Link #3111
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The character development? Yeah it's decent, though there's nothing really much to say about it. It's more fun talking about the over the top fanservice and action.
Im not really talking about the character development more about the situations that the main characters find themselves in that we can relate to in real life. Granted there are no zombies running around at the moment (im prepared just encase though) but Alices father could have easily have been one of us in an emergency situation.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:21   Link #3112
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Situation:
You are a family holed up in a house. A desperate father want you to take him in with his daughter at best, or just his daughter at worst. Your supplies are more than likely limited. You tell him to go and leave you alone. Then he threaten to smash the door down. What do you do?

The commotion he is causing is drawing the zombies, you can NOT afford to let him smash the door. You are scared, desperate, and you have to take a decision that will haunt you for the rest of your life. Likely, with the approbation of others, you decide to kill that man. And leave the little girl to the zombies, because you can not expect to kill her father then take her in and think it will be alright.

From their point of view, they were only doing what they could do for their people. It's easy to say, "they should have done this and that." but the father was an immediate threat to their safety that could open the door to the surrounding threat.

I am not saying I approve it, I can somehow understand their (desperate and fueled by fear) reasoning. However, leaving a child to "them" was clearly over the line. And that is the decision that will not let the family sleep. Should they not be eaten offscreen.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:30   Link #3113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Situation:
You are a family holed up in a house. A desperate father want you to take him in with his daughter at best, or just his daughter at worst. Your supplies are more than likely limited. You tell him to go and leave you alone. Then he threaten to smash the door down. What do you do?

The commotion he is causing is drawing the zombies, you can NOT afford to let him smash the door. You are scared, desperate, and you have to take a decision that will haunt you for the rest of your life. Likely, with the approbation of others, you decide to kill that man. And leave the little girl to the zombies, because you can not expect to kill her father then take her in and think it will be alright.

From their point of view, they were only doing what they could do for their people. It's easy to say, "they should have done this and that." but the father was an immediate threat to their safety that could open the door to the surrounding threat.

I am not saying I approve it, I can somehow understand their (desperate and fueled by fear) reasoning. However, leaving a child to "them" was clearly over the line. And that is the decision that will not let the family sleep. Should they not be eaten offscreen.
You bring up a good point with the eating off screen. You said so yourself they have limited supplies already, With all the commotion that was caused by the daring escape of heros and the guns being fired zombies from all over the neighborhood were probably drawn there i highly doubt they will be leaving unless they hear a noise equal or greater to that which drew them there. Even if the family wanted to escape from their house they probably cant. I high doubt that would survive that was the irony of the situation once i thought it through.
Old 2010-08-17, 16:37   Link #3114
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Situation:

I don't think they even saw or noticed the little girl. I mean in their fear they'd probably just saw only the dad. The little girl was off screen and behind the door so even when they closed it.

Not that it changes anything but it seems they didn't noticed her.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:45   Link #3115
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I don't think they even saw or noticed the little girl. I mean in their fear they'd probably just saw only the dad. The little girl was off screen and behind the door so even when they closed it.

Yeah, that's something that did not immediately cross my mind.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 16:51   Link #3116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
People watch this show for different reasons. What you call the real meat behing the story is something I've already seen a billion times in zombie flicks, and analyzed just as much. HoTD does absolutely nothing new when it comes to this, thus I don't find this aspect of the series all that interesting. This is far from being its strong point in my opinion. What I love about this anime are its colorful characters, over the top action, cheesiness and extreme (so much it's hilarious sometimes) fanservice.

Of course there is nothing wrong with watching it for the plot and drama, let's just say it's not what I am looking for here (I'll be watching The Walking dead for that).
Old 2010-08-17, 17:05   Link #3117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
People watch this show for different reasons. What you call the real meat behing the story is something I've already seen a billion times in zombie flicks, and analyzed just as much. HoTD does absolutely nothing new when it comes to this, thus I don't find this aspect of the series all that interesting. This is far from being its strong point in my opinion. What I love about this anime are its colorful characters, over the top action, cheesiness and extreme (so much it's hilarious sometimes) fanservice.

Of course there is nothing wrong with watching it for the plot and drama, let's just say it's not what I am looking for here (I'll be watching The Walking dead for that).
Oh of course everyone watches something for their own reasons. I love the over top craziness fanservice that Hotd brings. But sometimes 8 pages of nothing but breast comments can just drag the whole tread of track like its done several times. I have no illusions about some deeper mantra that will burst forth from the plot i read the manga as well. I just thought it would be cool to talk about some other things. Lots of people have been complaining that this series does not have its own forum when its completely obvious why it does not.

Im not telling anyone what to watch i hope was not coming off that way.
Old 2010-08-17, 17:06   Link #3118
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, I'll be honest.. I'm here for Saeko's boobs!

I dont really care about zombies in general
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 17:28   Link #3119
Qikz

Quote:
Situation:

I think the main thing you have to look at here is just how terrified that family would be, they've somehow been lucky enough to live in a house that doesn't seem to have been noticed (well it has now) and all they have is each other.

Fear drove them to kill the father, heck for all they know he was already infected as they've not had direct contact with any of the infected yet. They were looking out for themselves and the Dad just happened to find the wrong house to mess with.

I've seen it happen in plenty of films but it's still shocking, like in the Happening they tell the kids to go away as they're worried they'll let the virus thing in, so they shoot them with a shotgun through the door to get them away and help them stay safe. I can't understand how killing another human amidst all this madness would help anyone, but there was no other option if they wanted to try and survive. It's a sad truth, but humans will do anything to look out for number one and their family. However with all those zombies still crowded outside I doubt they'll be leaving their house anytime soon for supplies and it could end up with them starving in the long run, all because they didn't let a poor desperate man and his daughter in to safety.

In a situation like that, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't care about anyones families, children or not. They're almost as bad as the infected themselves but drawn by irrational fear and desperation to survive. It's much like I think it was Rei's line of I finally realised that we're still human (or something along those lines), they've still got their sanity as they're not afraid to fight and they have a reason to survive (to look for their families).

It's weird how much depth the characters actually have in this, if you look past everything. They may not of been fully designed from the getgo to have depth, but there is quite a lot. Like how Saya from the first episode seems to be a rich girl who doesn't really know how to look after herself properly, but through this she's learning about how to better herself and Rei is slowly starting to realise the world doesn't revolve around her as she seemed pretty self centered in the first few episodes. I think Takashi telling her what he thinks during episode 5 really helped her realise what she was becoming.

Finally the group have realised that they're still human and they can't stand idley by and watch helpless people die, who really don't deserve it. They'll try and help as many a long the way as they can, but with reason. Like that guy in episode 6 who was shotgunning his way through, I don't think anything they could of done, would of helped him. He clearly wasn't able to comprehend the situation and was fighting even though he stood no chance.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 17:42   Link #3120
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Situation:

Just watch the episode and what come to my mind is to debate with "What would you do if you were the family" and then your comment said it all
I agree with this . People would do the same thing .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Well they didn't noticed the girl but the father said that there were her daughter with him .

Anyway , first minute :

Saya ->> Sensei ->>> Rei ->>>> Saeko ->>>>>>>>>>>>

Funny part for me was when the girl wanted to pee and then Takashi cursed those last events + Funny faces

As usual ED with new song , you can notice the Dog's owner
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse