081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-07, 08:40   Link #21
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The movie opened up a gateway to more alien races in the 00 series. The ELS can't possibly be the only ones.

I can also guarantee that there will be those that do not wish to understand. Conflict between humans has ended, but there is no telling what will happen next with more encounters.
Yep. Simply "understanding" one another doesn't always work in this world. There are some cases where two things cannot coexist together and must fight for survival. Double 0 gave us a really simple solution, but if they choose to develop that AU further they can definitely dive into the true meaning of coexistance and understanding. It'd be interesting if they do continue the 00 world and then they encounter a hostile alien race that they must destroy while some human disagree.

Quote:
Not a lot I think. Since the ELS are living things, I don't think they have any technology to share.
It'd be interesting if they manage to create the first semi-biological Gundam in the next 00 series (if they ever make one). Combining GN technology and an actual living ELS symbiote within the Mobile Suit who communicates with its pilot through QBW. It can also do temporary repairs and a certain level of shape shifting during combat .
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 14:49   Link #22
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I reckon it's probably why it's useful for 00 Qan(T) to have weapons as well in Set's adventure (or wherever the hell he is doing). Because there's always room for kick ass.

The ELS may be a misunderstanding but I am pretty sure not all potential encounters are so nice, Aeolia may have wanted to avoid war with civilisations unnecessarily but there may come a time when it's needed especially if it's not one civilisation your dealing with in the galaxy.

The Reapers, Covenant and Ewoks are already out there somewhere; waiting.

That's intergalactic diplomacy for you.
Old 2010-10-08, 17:04   Link #23
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
When the heck did Klaus become the president of the ESF? He was only mentioned as the leader of the fleet that carries Innovators dedicated to exploring space.
Err sorry, I saw the movie like three weeks ago and it's not quite fresh anymore
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 12:52   Link #24
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Yep. Simply "understanding" one another doesn't always work in this world. There are some cases where two things cannot coexist together and must fight for survival. Double 0 gave us a really simple solution, but if they choose to develop that AU further they can definitely dive into the true meaning of coexistance and understanding. It'd be interesting if they do continue the 00 world and then they encounter a hostile alien race that they must destroy while some human disagree.
Understanding is not only limited to 'knowing'. It's also showing empathy towards others. No one wants to die needlessly unless there is a chance for a peaceful solution that both sides can strive for. Nothing begins with hostility but everything begins with a discussion and, as 00 has shown us, possibly ends with understanding. This solution gives the best chances for peace.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 23:07   Link #25
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

And if all else fails with the Quantum resonance field, then the seven swords get's it's day!!!!

==========

I'm do not think the potrayal of the understanding theme in S2 24 worked perfectly. It was good but it felt like some stuff could be improved, however I have to say that the movie nailed it almost flawless in the potrayal with the ELS crisis. I think the fact that your dealing it with very different species in the first place helps underscore the message even more(and the theme is quite universal even if it's applied to an alien civilisation in this case), and I am glad they were able to close off the series with this theme in center stage.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-09 at 23:55.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 13:02   Link #26
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
And if all else fails with the Quantum resonance field, then the seven swords get's it's day!!!!
If the quantum resonance field had failed the 00 Qan[T] would have been massacred like everyone else.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 17:57   Link #27
prototype_sky

Just think if the aliens attacked at the start of season one celestial being wouldn't have had to waste time stopping wars. Everyone would've had to team up regardless or face extinction this movie places a black hole size plot hole in the story for me
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 19:06   Link #28
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Just think if the aliens attacked at the start of season one celestial being wouldn't have had to waste time stopping wars. Everyone would've had to team up regardless or face extinction this movie places a black hole size plot hole in the story for me
Uhhh... but they didn't attack at the beginning of season one. And if they had we humans would have been curb-stomped.
Old 2010-10-11, 04:56   Link #29
deadite

ELS Assimilation; Love Hurts.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 06:06   Link #30
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
That war would of lasted about a single day.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 06:24   Link #31
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
That war would of lasted about a single day.
I am petrified by the sight of walking solar elevators..
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 08:16   Link #32
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
I am petrified by the sight of walking solar elevators..
Eh, they would probably have just used the materials for other stuff.
Old 2010-10-11, 12:29   Link #33
MrCapcom
Kage Bunshin Noob Jutsu

Send a message via AIM to MrCapcom Send a message via MSN to MrCapcom Send a message via Yahoo to MrCapcom
I loved the movie yea it has flaws but it was good worth the wait in line at NYCC/NYAF to see it. BluRay Day 1 for me
Old 2010-10-11, 14:17   Link #34
ZeroForever

honestly... after seeing at NYCC/AF yest, my opinion was that the action and animation were all top notch... The intro was awesome, however the ending had to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen, even the post credit scene couldn't really redeem it.
Plenty of plot holes and the like but overall it was entertaining... I'll never seat down and watch it again though. The dumb in this movie some how was on par with the suicide clones from S2...
Old 2010-10-11, 16:17   Link #35
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
honestly... after seeing at NYCC/AF yest, my opinion was that the action and animation were all top notch... The intro was awesome, however the ending had to be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen, even the post credit scene couldn't really redeem it.
Plenty of plot holes and the like but overall it was entertaining... I'll never seat down and watch it again though. The dumb in this movie some how was on par with the suicide clones from S2...
I didn't really care for their inclusion in the story but kamikaze fighters are in the real world too.
Old 2010-10-12, 08:30   Link #36
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
They would not have attacked since the Quantum Brainwaves were far more less common then and the ones that have it are not as strong.

Besides, humanity really never had the means to beat the ELS forcefully. And if they attacked in S1, the lack of the Twin Drive and a quantum resonance field-type system unlocked(combined by the separate and mistrusting blocs and their separate armies rather than a standard unified one which complicates any counterstrike measures) would have meant that the ELS would have simply assimilate humanity. It was the Quantum System that saved humanity from assimilation by the ELS at the end; not even 00 Qan(T)'s battle abilities helped on the whole from a military perspective.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-12 at 08:42.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 10:34   Link #37
ZeroForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I didn't really care for their inclusion in the story but kamikaze fighters are in the real world too.
kamikaze pilots were real... but making a clone army for the solo reason of kamikazing is dumb... that's why you have missles with tracking systems for, if he just wanted them for there brains he should have just cloned the brains and used them to guide the missle.
Old 2010-10-12, 12:09   Link #38
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
kamikaze pilots were real... but making a clone army for the solo reason of kamikazing is dumb... that's why you have missles with tracking systems for, if he just wanted them for there brains he should have just cloned the brains and used them to guide the missle.
You're reading into this too much; it's a cartoon about giant robots, common sense need not apply. That said, I've come to the conclusion Ribbons only did it to satisfy his god complex: he had complete control over their lives.
Old 2010-10-12, 12:11   Link #39
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Never mind the fact that large mobile suits with power sources designed to violently self-destruct are far more lethal than tiny missiles. And are capable of other methods of attack should they be denied a chance to ram and self-destruct.
Old 2010-10-12, 12:20   Link #40
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Never mind the fact that large mobile suits with power sources designed to violently self-destruct are far more lethal than tiny missiles. And are capable of other methods of attack should they be denied a chance to ram and self-destruct.
In addition to the fact that the Gagas themselves looked to have used only the minimum amount of resources to be built. Heck, if I remember correctly their GN Tau Drives were stated to be "low-output".