AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 12:47   Link #121
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I really don't think he intended for kabuto to use shinra tensei to revive so many old characters back when kabuto was first revealed to have absorbed Orochimaru.
Who knows? is it hard to tell anything, maybe Kishi never intended for Kabuto to fuse with Oros cell when Kabuto was introduce, maybe Kishi never intended for Itachi to be a good guy...etc etc, but as soon as Kabutomaru was revealed, I pointed out that he was going to become the No 1 villain of the series. and making him use Edo tensei was a give away since then.

Come on people, No matter how much bad guys Kishi trow at us, no one is as epic in coolness as Orochimaru. Having him part of him with Kabuto is good enough.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:50   Link #122
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvx360x View Post
Anyone feeling a Yondaime vs Naruto here? If all the Kages got resurrected that means Yondaime got aswell since he never made it in during the Chuunin exams.
Minato sealed himself with half the Kyuubi with the ultimate seal thingy, remember?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 12:56   Link #123
Marvx360x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Minato sealed himself with half the Kyuubi with the ultimate seal thingy, remember?
Orochimaru was trying to resurrect him during the Chuunin exams though?

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:03   Link #124
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
At that point, i highly doubt that Kishi knew how he will use it later
Old 2010-11-03, 13:08   Link #125
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
-That 3rd coffin was anime-only, therefore not canon. In the manga, there were only 2 coffins as far as I recall. I guess the general consensus is that if the soul is bound somewhere (like how Hokages 1-4 are sealed by the Shiki Fuujin), it cannot be restored to the zombie body.
Old 2010-11-03, 13:11   Link #126
NoLongerSane

What I found interesting in this chapter was that there were two bloodlines that were resurrected for the time being in the forms of Haku and Kimimaro. It’s going to be interesting to see how their abilities play out in this coming war. Also, I want to know what happened to Jugo and Suigestsu after their capture by the samurai. It would be interesting if they were convinced to join the alliance so that there may be a possible match up of Jugo vs. Kimimaro.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:14   Link #127
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Someone will probably introduce the power of the 8th gate: Death Gate and go... Ultimate taijutsu: Nirvana Storm or something (and he will die after... And by some deux machina, revive again and really die a few minutes later)
Old 2010-11-03, 13:19   Link #128
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Fukitsu Naruto was right, it only happened in anime, while in manga there were only two

Old 2010-11-03, 13:24   Link #129
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd find it incredibly hilarious if it turned out the only reason Kishi ressurected everyone again after the Invasion of Pain was so that he could kill them all off in this final war.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:26   Link #130
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

What would be nice is if Kurenai had her baby and Asuma was able to see it before dying again XD

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 13:58   Link #131
Lunarskylar

im not worried, mostly because everyone is having a sour taste for the war concept because of kubo's epic war fail
but kubo's forte was always in 1v1 battles, so his experiment with a war setting didn't work so well
in constrast, for kishi war isn't really a random experiment he's trying since, it's been a crucal theme of the entire storyline, this isnt the first war its the 4th in kishi's mind, so i'm assuming that he's at least familiar enough with the war concept to understand how to write one properly, inlike kubo so this could actually prove to be quite interest

one issue i have though is say kabuto never joined madara, how exactly was madara planning to win this war without his zombies and superpowered wood clum babies?

Andd secondly, why did kabuto intentionally lead konoha to the clum baby hq. Who is he backstabbing, konoha or madara?
Old 2010-11-03, 14:08   Link #132
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Andd secondly, why did kabuto intentionally lead konoha to the clum baby hq. Who is he backstabbing, konoha or madara?
-My guess he is screwing over BOTH sides in order to achieve his goals, which Sasuke seems to be the core of (damn that manwhore, when will his tyranny end...). He wants Sasuke but Madara is watching him like a hawk, ergo the lovely Alliance army provides a good enough distraction for Kabuto to get his scaly arms around Sasuke's "virgin" neck.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:10   Link #133
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
im not worried, mostly because everyone is having a sour taste for the war concept because of kubo's epic war fail
but kubo's forte was always in 1v1 battles, so his experiment with a war setting didn't work so well
in constrast, for kishi war isn't really a random experiment he's trying since, it's been a crucal theme of the entire storyline, this isnt the first war its the 4th in kishi's mind, so i'm assuming that he's at least familiar enough with the war concept to understand how to write one properly, inlike kubo so this could actually prove to be quite interest

one issue i have though is say kabuto never joined madara, how exactly was madara planning to win this war without his zombies and superpowered wood clum babies?

He's already dealt with the war theme to a certain extent in Kakashi Gaiden as well, and as you say, Kubo was goo at depicting 1 on 1 battles. Kishi has done fights where multiple characters were involved all at once, so implementing that into a war would be pretty easy for him. Also, from the looks of it, he's made the story lead up to the war pretty fluidly, so I don't have a lot of concerns that this war arc won't turn out well. Part of me is even looking forward to it. I just hope it won't be short-lived.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 17:33   Link #134
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Madara still had Kisame's intel on the Allies...

Quote:
To me... Kabuto is fighting his own personal war: against Sasuke. So he will f*ck the Allies, Madara, etc, just to fulfill his revenge. He knows that Madara will not hand over Sasuke, he just bought time with his pact.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:48   Link #135
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The image of star war: clone war is resonnating in my mind
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 17:50   Link #136
Alchemist007
*Author

Madara could...teleport above the enemy army and just let the black flames loose
Old 2010-11-03, 17:51   Link #137
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Not to get more into the Kubo vs. Kishi discussion, but I see another major difference. Kishi was clever in this respect. A lot of the reason Kubo's wars leave a bad taste in fans' mouths is because the Espada/Fraccion/Arrancar fighting in it built up huge fanbases. So when they saw them lose in spectacular fashion, they were ticked.

Kishi on the other hand built perfect villains. Okay he creates a bunch of new characters. Then he has to give them character development. Fans begin to like them. They then fight the good guys and lose. Those fans whine and howl. Not many are happy. Now look at what Kishimoto did. He takes his old popular villains, along with some good guys for emotion, and makes zombie versions of them. They still have fans, but everyone has already accepted their defeats. So now the emphasis is more on how the good guys will overcome rather than good guys vs. bad guys where fans pick sides and favorites. The total emphasis is on the Alliance's side. Kishi took the rooting interest out of it. Nobody is going to root for Hizashi to kill Neji. Or Asuma to defeat Shikamaru. Or Chiyo to whip Sakura. Or Gaara's dad to take the belt off on him, etc.

I am sure some will not like this and think Kishi chickened out. But I beleive this will make his epic war far more fan pleasing than either Kubo or Oda's. And mangaka should be in the business of pleasing their fans.

You know how epic this chapter was? Sasuke, the non-chibi version, appeared for the first time in over 30 chapters. And nobody even cared.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 18:02   Link #138
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Poor Hidan, he is forgotten, someone please dig him up

Hey Haku is back
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 18:11   Link #139
MikeyGrey
believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
it only happened in anime, while in manga there were only two
no there were three; sandaime stopped the third
Spoiler for images:

although its heavily implied, we cant be sure if that really was minato
MikeyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 18:57   Link #140
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyGrey View Post
no there were three; sandaime stopped the third
Spoiler for images:

although its heavily implied, we cant be sure if that really was minato
by "didn't work" though, we can also assume that the jutsu itself didn't work since Minato is sealed within the death god.

could totally be a plot hole, though.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion