AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-03, 07:10   Link #1
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Dragon Ball SD

I did the 'advanced search' and found nothing on this new manga. It seams this is some kind spin-of with Dragon Ball. It should be at least a little interesting.

Quote:
New Dragon Ball SD Manga Confirmed

It’s now official, a new Dragon Ball manga entitled Dragon Ball SD will be releasing on December 3rd 2010. It will be created by Naho Ooishi who also did the manga adaptation of Akira Toriyama’s “Hey! Son Goku and Friends Return!” anime special. It will be featured in Super Strong Jump (Saikyō Jump). The official Shonen Jump website even shows a teaser image of what to expect from this manga, which shows a chibi Son Goku and Krillin.

The release date marks the 26th anniversary of the original Dragon Ball manga.
Quote:
Daizenshuu EX announces, via their forum member Liam who first noticed this, that a new Dragon Ball spin-off series called Dragon Ball SD will be published in Shueisha's new magazine Saikyō Jump, starting 3 December 2010! This new series (SD= Super Deformed) will be aimed at a younger audience, in full color and created by Naho Ooishi, who previously made the two-part manga adaptation of the Jump Super Anime Tour Special. It is unknown whether or not this will be a one-shot or an on-going series. The official announcement also states that the story will feature Goku running wild with Kuririn and the rest of his friends, and "that popular character is set to appear". Interestingly, December 3rd is also the Dragon Ball manga's 26th anniversary!
Quote:
Dragon Ball SD is a spinoff manga that will be written by Ooishi Naho, the author of Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! special chapter. It will be published in the new magazine Saikyo Jump, which will contain spinoff stories from various other manga series including Naruto and One Piece.
Quote:
So a few weeks ago, there was a rumor going around that Akira Toriyama (DragonBall, Dr. Slump) is in talks with Shueisha in making more DragonBall manga. Here we are a few weeks before Shueisha releasing a new magazine titled Saikyo Jump, which is being aimed towards young children, and they announced a another manga that will be part of the magazine.

Dragon Ball SD will be a spin-off manga done by Naho Ooishi, who did the two part manga adaptation of the 2008 Jump Super Anime Tour Special, Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return! (a special that introduced Vegeta’s younger brother, Tarble). Although not much has been revealed, it seems that the spin-off manga will feature both Son Goku and Kuririn and that it hints about other known characters showing up.

Just like Dragon Ball SD, Saikyo Jump features many spin-off titles, such as a One Piece spin-off that stars Tony Tony Chopper and a Naruto spin-off that stars Rock Lee. Of course, the spin-off’s are not done by the original author. There are a few original titles as well as other manga adaptation of what ever is popular, such as Monster Hunter.

While Ooishi hasn’t done anything major, Toriyama did approve of Ooishi’s work on the manga adaptation of the special and said that Ooishi did what he would have done with it. With that said, are you happy with this announcement? Does the news of it being a spin-off upset you or make y’all happy? As for me, I’m always open for a new DragonBall story and will give this one a chance.
Spoiler for Chapter Summary:

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-12-03 at 07:21.
Old 2010-12-03, 07:56   Link #2
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Sounds it's gonna recall "side-quests" to the main story that occurred during various parts of the manga/anime. Well, I don't much care since I don't really follow DB anymore, but I might check it out later.

(and can anyone explain why I imagined Goku unleashing the Kamehameha and Guile's theme started playing in my head the moment the wave was shot? )
Old 2010-12-03, 11:33   Link #3
Fran~
floating away...

That was nice... the good old DB never fails.
In fact, to me, this is DB as always it should be...
Old 2010-12-03, 14:06   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
(and can anyone explain why I imagined Goku unleashing the Kamehameha and Guile's theme started playing in my head the moment the wave was shot? )
Shouldn't it be Ryu or Ken's?

It was a fun first chapter, though i kinda worry regarding how long this can be kept up. If it's going to be chapters focused on side story events during the whole story, then it's sure to be a lot of fun.
Old 2010-12-04, 09:35   Link #5
AnimeFangirl

I read the first chapter. It was obviously made for a younger audience than me. I can't say I enjoyed it, but I can't say I hated it either. And I'm still going to read it anyway.
Old 2010-12-04, 13:03   Link #6
Jc1

Sounds interesting, I should give it a try
Closed Thread

Tags
manga