AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-07-28, 00:34   Link #1
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Photoshop Extracting Img Problems

Oookay, I thought I should post this one since this is more on the tech stuff (or so I think).

Problem:

-> I'm trying to extract an img using KiNa's quick masking technique. Everything went good but when I exit quick masking it was suppose to show a marching line around the pic you brushed on yes? Now in my case, not only the img that was brushed on had a marching line but also the entire img had a marching line (kinda like that rectangular marquee thing). As a result, I can't pull out the img from the BG. It always taking the BG together with it. I thought that I probably miss a part when I was brushing but I checked it and I didn't messed up.

Question:

-> What do I do?

Side Note:

-> KiNa's also helping me via PM (actually I PMed him for help first) and he suggested this one:

Quote:
Try resetting the tool first, When you enter quickmask, in top left side, there should be a brush icon(do not confuse with the on that say brushes!!!) with a triangle pointing downward, click that triangle then click the little triangle pointing to the right side (Its the same step you do to load brushes files) .. There should be a reset tool option..

Try to reset that, then if it still happening, try to reset all tools...

If both steps above fails ..Try resetting your PS preferences by deleting the preferences file.

You'll need to browse your C:\ drive. Mine, for example; located in
C:\Documents and Settings\*KiNA\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings
*switch my name with your login name
then delete ToolPresets.psp file.

Application Data folder is a hidden folders btw, you'll need to be able to view hidden files/folders.

But please try to reset the tools steps option first
But it didn't work so...yeah. Well, I don't want to put the entire pressure on KiNa so I thought I could get some help here too . So any suggestion?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 00:53   Link #2
ImperialPanda

Screenshot?

Picture of selection when you exit quickmask mode and then a picture of what happened when you press delete would help clarify.

Off the top of my head try ctrl-shift-i to invert selection?

From what you typed you should be getting the correct selection. The outer line contains the image and the inner line is around the area you want to keep. Therefore the selected area is the "background." At any rate if you're losing the entire image then you did something wrong.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:03   Link #3
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ermm.. his problem is he gets marching ants like you pressing Ctrl+A on a pic.. instead of getting the ants around his quickmask area.

I'm out of idea to help him as well =/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:08   Link #4
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialPanda View Post
Screenshot?

Picture of selection when you exit quickmask mode and then a picture of what happened when you press delete would help clarify.

Off the top of my head try ctrl-shift-i to invert selection?

From what you typed you should be getting the correct selection. The outer line contains the image and the inner line is around the area you want to keep. Therefore the selected area is the "background." At any rate if you're losing the entire image then you did something wrong.
Hey it worked! I manage to put the img into a transparent BG so I can use it after making the BG. But that's strange though, when I reverted back again, the BG is brushed and not the img. Ah well, dunno how the PS of mine got inverted in the first place. Is there a way you could make it stay not inverted? Anyway, you and KiNa were a big help. Thank you! Looks like I'm back again on making sigs
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 01:11   Link #5
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Thats simple .. Double click on the quick mask button and you should be able to indicate which area is selected once you exit quickmask ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote