Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-05, 10:53   Link #261
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-san View Post
Any spoilers on that topic? lol. Most spoilers are just so accurate! Wonder if Sunrise really has no hand in this or if this is their plan all along... Wouldn't be surprised if it was just according to plan!
No spoilers on this topic.
Of course the spoilers on Turn 5 are accurate. The whole storyboard was stolen and sold on the internet. The buyer could have spoiled the whole script.
I'm just glad this farce on spoilers is finally over. Don't expect more wild spoilers. If an outrageous leak like this happens again, Sunrise really need to expel some employees who kept stealing things. :/ No one is going to believe those are accidents when accidents keep happening over and over.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 18:37   Link #262
KrimzonStriker

Sooo, Rolo looks to be getting a little more screen time in Turn 7, to the point where confrontation with his Ni-san is about to take place. Think this will be the time Lelouch starts regarding him better? <_<
Old 2008-05-11, 18:38   Link #263
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd say yes since this seems to be an emotional episode for Lelouch. I take the fact that Rollo used his Geass so Lelouch could talk to Nunnally as being a good sign as well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 18:49   Link #264
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'd say yes since this seems to be an emotional episode for Lelouch. I take the fact that Rollo used his Geass so Lelouch could talk to Nunnally as being a good sign as well.
I'm not entirely sure Rolo knew who was on the phone though. It could just be that Rolo thought "ZOMG Nii-san is in a BIG PINCH! I-I must rescue him!" In addition, Rolo was there for the entire "Aishiteru!! NUNNALLY!!!" scene and later appears flicking open his locket. His expression is not seen. In the preview, he's really close to Lelouch (literally) and it looks like he's confronting him, quite possibly, about Nunnally.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 18:51   Link #265
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Hmm, that is true I guess. I guess he may feel jealousy after all or maybe he is beginning to suspect what Lelouch really intends to do with him.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-11, 18:51   Link #266
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
I'm not entirely sure Rolo knew who was on the phone though. It could just be that Rolo thought "ZOMG Nii-san is in a BIG PINCH! I-I must rescue him!" In addition, Rolo was there for the entire "Aishiteru!! NUNNALLY!!!" scene and later appears flicking open his locket. His expression is not seen. In the preview, he's really close to Lelouch (literally) and it looks like he's confronting him, quite possibly, about Nunnally.
funny thing is, Lelouch doesn't really look that angry during that shot, more like he's sad or slightly surprised. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 19:01   Link #267
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I am of the same opinion, which is why I think it could be the start of Lelouch actually giving a damn about Rollo as a person.

Old 2008-05-12, 00:22   Link #268
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
"ZOMG Nii-san is in a BIG PINCH! I-I must rescue him!"
I LOL'D.

I really hope Lelouch begins to treat Rolo more as a person than as a fake brother that he will use to death.

So is the time limit the "weakness" that Rolo tells Lelouch about in ep5?
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 00:30   Link #269
DarkLordOfkichiku

Speaking of Rolo, if he got his Geass from V.V. then I really wonder what his contract with V.V. is - The emperor and V.V.'s contract seems to be to destroy the Gods, whatever that means, but Rolo...?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 00:56   Link #270
m-san
Narcoleptic Insomniac

Maybe he's a failed Geass user, like Mao?
m-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:18   Link #271
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-san View Post
Maybe he's a failed Geass user, like Mao?
Well, I suppose it's possible enough that he's a failed/abandoned Geass user whom the emperor discovered/was made aware of and thought to amke ues of, I suppose. Still, fact remains that each Geass user at somme point entered soem contract with V.V. or C.C. - we know what the emperor's contract is, whereas we don't have much of a clue of what contract Mao, Lelouch and Rolo entered...
Old 2008-05-12, 01:36   Link #272
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, I suppose it's possible enough that he's a failed/abandoned Geass user whom the emperor discovered/was made aware of and thought to amke ues of, I suppose. Still, fact remains that each Geass user at somme point entered soem contract with V.V. or C.C. - we know what the emperor's contract is, whereas we don't have much of a clue of what contract Mao, Lelouch and Rolo entered...
seeing as how the Emperor and V.V. have been in a contract for "a very long time", every other contract V.V. makes is probably just to serve as a tool of one sort or another.

Need someone to eliminate political annoyances so you can continue your war to conquer the world and thus obtain all the geass ruins unhindered? Just give 6 year old Rollo the power and tell him it's good for killing, so he should kill for V.V. and company. No contract needed, Charles is going to take care of that.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 02:13   Link #273
Sol Falling

I know C.C. said 'grant one of my wishes', but who's to say that every geass user makes a different contract? Since V.V.'s main goal seems to be to 'destroy the gods', that would probably be his contract with anybody who he gave geass to. Assuming V.V. was the one who gave Rolo his geass, Rolo playing a support role would still make sense. The emporer is much older and has had his geass for much longer than Rolo, and seems to be pretty close to fulfilling V.V.'s goal. Thus, if Rolo were to simply help the Emporer out in doing his stuff, Rolo would still be fulfilling the contract of 'destroying the gods', even if indirectly.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 02:28   Link #274
Aquaman OS

I think they can contract anyone if they want and aside from hanging around them and harassing them to complete it they can't force them to do it. So V.V. could have contracted Rolo just to give him a useful power and doesnt really want him to complete it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:40   Link #275
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd say the idea that Rollo is just meant to be a useful tool in the event that he was contracted by V.V. makes sense.

Old 2008-05-12, 08:06   Link #276
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Oh Rollo. Can he even read his Nii-san's mind to use his Geass at the most appropriate time. And to appear in the right place at the right time. Good job, Rollo. I hope Lelouch will be grateful to him at least once to be fair to Rollo. He could be jealous of Nunnally? This I'm not sure. As his fake 'brother' I hope he knows about Nunnally. Hence, he is helping Lelouch. He is starting to understand the importance of family during this one year. Maybe he knows the importance of Nunnally to Lelouch. I hope he does.

Poor Rollo may not even know why did he even contracted for his Geass? Just for killing? He was only 6 or even younger when he received his Geass. What does Rollo wish for when I got his power?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 08:26   Link #277
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
seeing as how the Emperor and V.V. have been in a contract for "a very long time", every other contract V.V. makes is probably just to serve as a tool of one sort or another.

Need someone to eliminate political annoyances so you can continue your war to conquer the world and thus obtain all the geass ruins unhindered? Just give 6 year old Rollo the power and tell him it's good for killing, so he should kill for V.V. and company. No contract needed, Charles is going to take care of that.
Well, I suppsoe that might be true enough; Rolo might just've been given a Geass on the orders of the emperor, no contract entered. But I guess that we'll see.
Old 2008-05-12, 20:46   Link #278
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Spoiler for future role:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:50   Link #279
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No more DN references please. Possible to some degree though I suppose.

Old 2008-05-13, 06:38   Link #280
dbj

i dont think the possibility of rollo got his geass by the emporer/vv is that high? if so then why not any of his loyal servants have? why specifically rollo?
dbj is offline   Reply With Quote