AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-09-15, 21:16   Link #421
drmr

I wasn't around last time they aired Clannad S1, so assuming they follow whatever tradition they do keep, when will they start filling in the gaps by providing answers to those questions that everyone keeps asking?

Or were answers never given before airing Clannad S1 to begin with?
drmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 22:27   Link #422
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

What questions ?
Littm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 22:56   Link #423
drmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
What questions ?
I'm referring to TBS's web site, it still looks incomplete. So I was just curious what happened last time with Clannad S1 and how long (before it started airing) before they made all relevant information public, including broadcast dates for different formats, etc, etc...
Old 2008-09-16, 22:40   Link #424
drmr

Can someone explain what these dates relate to on TBS's news page? (Google's translation doesn't make any sense as usual)
Quote:
MBS・CBC・BS-iの放送日時が決定しました!
加えて、RKBにて放送が決定、どうぞお楽しみに!

* MBSにて2008年10月9日(木)深夜2時25分より放送予定
* RKBにて2008年10月18日(土)深夜2時40分より放送予定
* CBCにて2008年10月22日(水)深夜2時30分より放送予定
* BS-iにて2008年10月23日(木)深夜1時より放送予定
I’m really interested in knowing the broadcast date for BS-i (WideScreen format), or is what I quoted for something else.

And I think Littm already answered this but I’m not sure which post you were replying to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Will SS and Eclipse continue to do subbing work for this?
Thanks and sorry for the double post.
Old 2008-09-16, 23:52   Link #425
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I know it is saying that those are listing for different channels and when they air on their station. I would think that the 23rd would be the wide screen one.

OMG like 15 days left XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 00:10   Link #426
drmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I know it is saying that those are listing for different channels and when they air on their station. I would think that the 23rd would be the wide screen one.
Thanks Leo, I wasn't sure what the dates where meant for and here's why with google's translation!
Quote:
BS-i at the October 23, 2008 (Thursday) scheduled for late-night broadcast from 1 pm
Old 2008-09-17, 03:36   Link #427
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Okay, so this is what happened last year:

- Clannad first ep shown at TBS Anime Festa.
- Website overhaul, with weekly updates on each Friday, Japan time.
-- This is where we shall find out how many DVDs are expected and exactly how many eps we will be looking at - incl. DVD-onlys (as per Tomoyo Chapter).
- TBS will air in 4:3 first.
- Other networks will follow.
- BS-i the satellite arm of TBS will broadcast the 16:9 version 3 weeks later
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 08:46   Link #428
Kristen
*Author

RKB... That's new this season, isn't it? Guess Clannad gained some popularity over the summer. XD
Old 2008-09-17, 10:17   Link #429
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmr View Post
Thanks Leo, I wasn't sure what the dates where meant for and here's why with google's translation!
Uh...no worries, AS will still be aired at the usual late nights. That's a mistranslation by Google.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 19:32   Link #430
drmr

Cheers boggart for the info, so TBS like to keep a tight lid on things until the very last minute, damn that is so cruel.

@ humbug23: Yeah googles pretty hopeless when it comes to Japanese translations, that’s why guys like me are always so annoying with their relentless questions :P
Old 2008-09-18, 10:24   Link #431
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

But... but 16:9 is so superior
Old 2008-09-18, 10:25   Link #432
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

I don't understand - why is 4:3 ? Really, comparing to some other well-known channels it reminds a stone age.

And this shitty delay in three weeks between 4:3 and 16:9 broadcasting... Kyoto, why not simply to broadcast in HD ?
Old 2008-09-18, 10:31   Link #433
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It not depends on them, but on the broadcast stations, and the contracts between the anime producers and the stations are normally more dependent on the sponsors and the board of directors than on the animation team so...
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:33   Link #434
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

So, MBS is broadcasting only in 4:3 ? And except this channel there are some others channels, why not to use them... Lucky Star was in HD, so why not to collab with this channel again ?
Old 2008-09-18, 13:22   Link #435
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
So, MBS is broadcasting only in 4:3 ? And except this channel there are some others channels, why not to use them... Lucky Star was in HD, so why not to collab with this channel again ?
TBS seems to be heavily involved in the production of this as the main station. So, as to gather as many viewers as possible, they air it in 4:3 so that people will want to watch it again in 16:9 3 weeks later on BS-i, which I believe is a paid channel. And if they don't get BS-i, they get more people wanting the DVDs so as to see it in 16:9. Sales increase, more money, everyone is happy.

Personally, I love the 4:3 followed by 16:9 ideology. My laptop is 4:3, so I really get the most picture by watching it in 4:3. Yet, I can keep the 16:9 in my storage if I wanted to ever watch it again.
Old 2008-09-18, 16:00   Link #436
drmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Personally, I love the 4:3 followed by 16:9 ideology. My laptop is 4:3, so I really get the most picture by watching it in 4:3. Yet, I can keep the 16:9 in my storage if I wanted to ever watch it again.
The problem with standard format (4:3) is that it's an inferior copy from the original movie, as you know it's drawn in Wide format (16:9) then cropped down to 4:3 essentially removing some detail and possibly removing characters from certain scenes in the film. And then most of us will need to use up more bandwidth because more than likely none of us will be willing to wait an extra three weeks, instead we'll be forced to watch both formats. But I do agree sales will increase which is a good thing.
Old 2008-09-18, 18:33   Link #437
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

It is so terribly true about the flow of revenue from airing in 4:3 first and then broadcasting in 16:9 later on. For me, I also love watching things in their native resolution, so 16:9 has my vote of approval - however, with this being Clannad, I'm sure I will end up watching the 4:3 version anyway - but I intend to buy the DVDs once they are announced.

And plus, 16:9 looks absolutely beautiful on an iPod Touch...
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 18:36   Link #438
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I personally don't care about the formatting, only the story itself... Only thing this really means is that it'll probably be censored again, which is very sad for the dirty-joke abundant After Story... oh well.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 22:14   Link #439
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmr View Post
The problem with standard format (4:3) is that it's an inferior copy from the original movie, as you know it's drawn in Wide format (16:9) then cropped down to 4:3 essentially removing some detail and possibly removing characters from certain scenes in the film. And then most of us will need to use up more bandwidth because more than likely none of us will be willing to wait an extra three weeks, instead we'll be forced to watch both formats. But I do agree sales will increase which is a good thing.
I know. It's just my personal liking. I have the bandwidth to download both, and I like watching fullscreen since it takes up my entire laptop screen. XD

Kaisos: Season 1 was censored? They kept all the really crude jokes in there, like Nagisa+Ryou lesbian and Sunohara talking about how he thought he saw Kyou's panties and stuff...
Old 2008-09-18, 22:19   Link #440
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yeah, they just toned down the Kyou groping scene, but it was really minor compared to what they left.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote