AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 01:03   Link #481
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Well, cartoons are good only when they are making fun of the very manihaistic formula that characterizes them. So, yes, the best are the non-politicaly correct ones. The usual Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, South Park. As for older cartoons, not part of the whole "let's make fun of America" I'd say the best one is Exo-Squad. Very serious in its theme half the time. And as for the best kiddy cartoon of the 80's, the prize easily goes to the Transformers. Especially after the movie events with Unicron, it became awesome.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 18:01   Link #482
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

South Park because it makes fun of both sides of the political spectrum unlike the other big American ones that tend to lean one way or the other. I will never think of Mel Gibson without thinking of a certain episode about the Passion of Christ
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:50   Link #483
Solmiki
Skybound

Well, most cartoon are from my childhood like Transformers,Dennis the Menace,the Pinky and the Brain and many more..
Solmiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:04   Link #484
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

To and Jerry! Such a classic!!
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:36   Link #485
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Prayer View Post
To and Jerry! Such a classic!!
My favourite cartoon from my younger years! Even now, I sometimes watch it!
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 11:30   Link #486
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Every cartoon on Adult swim (Except Squidbillies [gawd that show sucks]), and Flapjack.

And my favorite out of all, Kappa Mikey. The show failed miserably on Nickelodeon (I believe it's that kids don't care about Japan nowadays) and it's down to a 1:30 AM time slot. But that show mixed two great things: 1. American Cartoons and 2. Anime. Because I can relate to Mikey, and so i see what it's like for him.. And anime expressions ftw.

Then you got a big cast of somewhat cliche characters, although they are a lot better than the previous. Like how Gonard is like Patrick (Spongebob) but does a way better job at being funny. And Yes Man is one of a kind. He talks, i mean, screams a lot and it's usually something funny.

Kappa Mikey does have it's times where you say to yourself " I can't believe I'm watching this", but it still is funny 85% of the time. I've recorded the entire series via my DVR.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 12:53   Link #487
Temari of Suna
Desert Lily

Send a message via MSN to Temari of Suna Send a message via Yahoo to Temari of Suna
Ah..cartoons. I love cartoons! There are so many that I like but, the first one I'd have to name would be one of the classics. The Looney Tunes. They are so great. So many wonderful, different characters and, most of the cartoons are pretty funny.
Temari of Suna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 16:12   Link #488
Mi-Roo
Lovable Loli
*Graphic Designer

South Park, Futurama, AVATAR, The Simpsons and Family Guy!
Mi-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 00:30   Link #489
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The Whole of the DCU animated universe, then there is Dark Wing Duck, Gi Joe, Conan the Adventurer, HE-Man in all forms, Freakaziod, Centurions, X-men 1990's along with spiderman. Power Puff girls has to be my favorite followed by Dexter's lab.
Old 2009-11-20, 04:07   Link #490
Solafighter
Hige

When i was small, i liked the roadrunner.
Mib mib.
Old 2009-11-20, 04:25   Link #491
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I just can't stand most of the old cartoon >_> In France there is a chanel name Canal + which passed them some years ago and I always dislike them. Why ? Well for example, in Tom and Jerry, it's always Jerry which won even if it's always this stupid mouse which is the cause of everything ! It's the same for the roadruner, there is no justice in these cartoons

Other than that, I really like Futurama (Bender FTW), American Dad, The Simpson (even if it's lesser than the other) etc....
Old 2009-11-20, 06:26   Link #492
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Biker Mice from Mars. Was Always. My favorite. Geez.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 09:53   Link #493
Mi-Roo
Lovable Loli
*Graphic Designer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were cool also. xD
Fellow pizza lovers and all that.
Mi-Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 12:32   Link #494
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Good ol' Tom and Jerry.
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:51   Link #495
icab
Moe Moe Kyun~

All the awesome Nick toons from the 90's
Rugrats
Catdog
Ect.

Spiderman Animated Series
Xmen Animated Series.
Batman Animated Series
Scooby Doo
Beast Wars
Simpsons
South Park
King of the Hill.

I can go on and on.
I love Cartoons
icab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 13:51   Link #496
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I just can't stand most of the old cartoon >_> In France there is a chanel name Canal + which passed them some years ago and I always dislike them. Why ? Well for example, in Tom and Jerry, it's always Jerry which won even if it's always this stupid mouse which is the cause of everything ! It's the same for the roadruner, there is no justice in these cartoons
Haha yeah, I never found it funny and it actually annoyed me how these 'villains' never got their day in the sun. The same can be said of the Trix rabbit from those commercials,
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:07   Link #497
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Swat Kats

Definitely one of the best american made cartoon's out there. It's the only cartoon that I can think of that people die on a regular basis, and that there was actual plot and character development... I cried when the series was cut short
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:12   Link #498
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Swat Kats

Definitely one of the best american made cartoon's out there. It's the only cartoon that I can think of that people die on a regular basis, and that there was actual plot and character development... I cried when the series was cut short
Wow I'm surprised anyone even remembers that show (I haven't heard anyone mention its existence in god knows how long). It may have not been one of my favorite cartoons out there, but it was no doubt a good show.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:28   Link #499
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Haha yeah, I never found it funny and it actually annoyed me how these 'villains' never got their day in the sun. The same can be said of the Trix rabbit from those commercials,
Agree with u guyz this is the first time i find some people who share the same feelings i have toward those cartoons (Except my mom & sis) and u forgot also the XXL head (tweety) and his ugly Grandma (Granny) i hate them all. THERE IS NO JUSTICE AT ALL

Ahm .. my Fav cartoon (which it disappeared now ) is Pink Panther
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 14:34   Link #500
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Yeah, I never liked Tom and Jerry or anything else to that effect because after a while, it gets horribly repetitive. You know what's gonna happen in the end, and it's blatantly predictable as to HOW it's going to happen. YOU KNOW WILL COYOTE'S GONNA FALL OFF THAT CLIFF, RIGHT? RIGHT? That's what I mean. All the episodes are obviously predictable.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote