& DVD cover for the epilogue :
Old 2010-10-30, 05:01   Link #1562
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow that Blu-ray cover. Just wow.
Old 2010-10-30, 05:06   Link #1563
Kakkou
Tch.

I can never stop being impressed at how far Takeuchi's art has come from his Tsukihime days
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:39   Link #1564
darktruth

I'm glad I pre-ordered Sofmap's release of the blu-ray boxset before the cut off date for the store exclusive bonuses. Also pre-ordered it from Animate many months ago when it was first announced, so yeah two copies of the BD set for me just like I said I would do lol. (I am tempted to pre-order from Gamers and Getchu.com for their exclusive bonuses though)
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 22:25   Link #1565
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally watched this. I don't know what took me so long either.

Simply amazing. They did such a great job, nothing was left unanswered at all, it was complete.

Things sure did get graphic though, too much blood at times. Could have done without the rape as well.

I loved all the characters, especially Azaka, wish we had more of her.

I liked the fifth movie the best. Plenty of action and Nasu goodness to rack my brain.

One question, which has most certainly been answered but I am going to ask anyway: Was the novel non-linear as well?
Old 2010-11-23, 05:19   Link #1566
vaden
0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
One question, which has most certainly been answered but I am going to ask anyway: Was the novel non-linear as well?
Yes. The stories were in pretty much the same order in the original work.
vaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 11:33   Link #1567
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
Yes. The stories were in pretty much the same order in the original work.
Ahh... thanks. That was my biggest question regarding the adaptation. I do plan on watching it again, but I'll do it chronologically this time.

Man... I wish we had more Azaka, lol.
Old 2010-11-23, 13:41   Link #1568
Yuna Amakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Could have done without the rape as well.
Really? I think that, albeit a strong scene, it was incredibly necessary for the whole development of the plot of the third movie, and I thought it was well handled.

Love Azaka as well, even though she really does not add to the story. But just her interaction with Shiki in the 6th movie was enough.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 14:20   Link #1569
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
Really? I think that, albeit a strong scene, it was incredibly necessary for the whole development of the plot of the third movie, and I thought it was well handled.
It was handled good and I don't think it should have been left out...it just...didn't have to be as lengthy.

Quote:
Love Azaka as well, even though she really does not add to the story. But just her interaction with Shiki in the 6th movie was enough.
Well, she presented Shiki with a rival so we had a chance to see Shiki a little jealous.
Old 2010-11-24, 03:46   Link #1570
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think the Kara no Kyoukai series benefits tremendously from watching a second time. There's so many subtle things I didn't catch the first. (Like the full meaning behind Mikiya stabbing Alba).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-24, 08:36   Link #1571
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I hope the BDs are released by someone, then I'll watch it again. Especially episode five. There was so much going on in that one... my mind was in a spiral by the end of it.
Old 2010-11-28, 07:43   Link #1572
darktruth

Some more little KnK merch I got in today. I just wish the blu-ray boxset would already be released since I've already paid in advance the full amount of the price for my Sofmap order.

Spoiler for latest KnK merch:
Old 2010-11-28, 12:49   Link #1573
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's awesome. I love how the artwork wasn't changed so much. Like in Fate, there is a big difference between the original work and the anime.
Old 2010-11-29, 02:37   Link #1574
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Some more little KnK merch I got in today. I just wish the blu-ray boxset would already be released since I've already paid in advance the full amount of the price for my Sofmap order.

Spoiler for latest KnK merch:
May I ask where you purchased this merchandise from? That Ep. 7 poster looks gorgeous.

And was there ever an official art book released for the movies?
Old 2010-11-29, 07:08   Link #1575
darktruth

Most of it is from Yahoo Japan Auctions though some of the key animation books were bought from Mandarake.

The closest ones to an official art book in full colour for KnK are the full colour key animation art collection (gengashuus) that was released over 3 volumes to cover all 7 movies. They were only sold at Comiket as far as I know and are not the same as the black cover key animation books you see in the photos. Check below to see what I'm talking about

Spoiler:

The black cover key animation art collection books are sold on Ufotable's webshop where one was made for every single movie (Movies 5 and 7 had two made since they were quite long movies) and mainly consist of black and white sketches of certain scenes in the movie. Ufotable doesn't ship internationally so you're either going to have to use a deputy service to buy it or hope to find some of it listed on Mandarake (which some of it are listed right now).

In addition to that, there's also the storyboard e-conte collections where one was made for each movie and the Comiket 77 exclusive Staff Book Message Collection which I posted about on the previous page.
Old 2010-12-06, 01:29   Link #1576
Mercurius

Thanks for the info! I remember seeing the black cover key animation art collection books at the Ufotable booth at the 2008 Tokyo Anime Fair. I didn't pick them up since they seemed rather sparse. Sad that they didn't release a full color art books, as this was definitely the most beautiful series I've ever seen.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:10   Link #1577
kyouray
2D > 3D

These key animation books are sure nice and worth to checking out for those interested into animation but I've only the books of the 5th movie since it's really expensive...

By the way the official website uploaded a picture of the package (thanks to muhootsaver).

Gorgeous.
Old 2010-12-06, 15:15   Link #1578
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That looks so nice. I would have to something like that. A hardcover art book with staff & cast interviews, character stats, and other info, is the best bonus. But then again... I don't think I'd spend that kind of money on something like this. (This costs ¥52,500 which is $635!)
Old 2010-12-06, 20:52   Link #1579
brocko

If you're spending that much money on it, it better damn well be as nice as possible!

Truly is a fine packagae indeed. Makes me want to cry that i won't be able to have it lol

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 04:34   Link #1580
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Truly is a fine packagae indeed. Makes me want to cry that i won't be able to have it lol
lol, if it's any comfort to you, I'll have 2 copies of that BD boxset.

Tags
action, harem, type moon