Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 21:56   Link #1601
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
I am having a hard time understanding the complaints around the internet about the set's price. It is an import of the actual Japanese release, minus the import/exchange/shipping/customs costs.
Movies, TV series and such are not as high priced as they are in Japan. The main reason is that you get so many bonuses and extras in Japan, in the US, you get bonus features that are on the disc, no tangible products like a book or something. It is hella expensive for seven movies, but once you throw in the extra stuff, it is a great deal. Not to mention seeing this in 1080p, there is nothing better than blu-ray video, period.

I will probably order it sometime this week.
Old 2010-12-15, 01:27   Link #1602
Mercurius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Not to mention seeing this in 1080p, there is nothing better than blu-ray video, period.
While I am collecting Blu-Rays now, I'm actually really looking forward to when 4K/8K video and 60"+ screens become the standard.

The bonus stuff was what I was talking about. It's not like this is the S.A.V.E. version of Kara no Kyoukai on DVD. It's 8 Blu-Ray Discs, including all 7 theatrical movies, an additional recap movie (60+mins), a TV special (~60mins), an artbook, an absolutely gorgeous box, AND they even make the effort to translate the artbook. It might make me a buyfag, but $400 for all of that is much more than worth it.
Old 2010-12-16, 06:58   Link #1603
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

KNK USA website
Old 2010-12-16, 11:29   Link #1604
Yuna Amakura

The price isn't worth it. I saw these days all of the LOST seasons, and there were maaaaany bonus, as maps and other things and it was way less expensive than this. An artbook? Beautiful, but just that? For the original price (more than 52.000 yen) it should come at least with a replica of Shiki's knife. There's also the fact that many fans do not work right now, so they would not even be able to dream about acquiring this. Lastly, those that don't live in USA or Canada can't buy from Aniplex. People from other countries will have trouble buying it.
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 11:52   Link #1605
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
The price isn't worth it. I saw these days all of the LOST seasons, and there were maaaaany bonus, as maps and other things and it was way less expensive than this. An artbook? Beautiful, but just that? For the original price (more than 52.000 yen) it should come at least with a replica of Shiki's knife. There's also the fact that many fans do not work right now, so they would not even be able to dream about acquiring this. Lastly, those that don't live in USA or Canada can't buy from Aniplex. People from other countries will have trouble buying it.
Lost can't compared to this. The best thing it had were the special features on the discs. The only book Lost came with was a thin soft cover episode guide that didn't even match the discs.

And I just placed my order.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:09   Link #1606
Yuna Amakura

http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...ET-600x458.jpg

Well, if you think this can't be compared with a box that comes with 8 "OVAs" and two real movies, a beautiful boxart and an artbook...welll. And the LOST boxset is $178,99 and it's a blu-ray set. An artbook shouldn't rise the price like this. With $400,00 people can buy a PS3, for god's sake. I will wait for the day in which this box will be sold for a coherent price, and if it doesn't, well, I don't think it'll be a great lost, since having only an artbook as real bonus makes me laugh big time.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:25   Link #1607
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Rightstuf will be selling the Blu-ray boxset. Still at a pretty expensive price, though not that bad.
arrg...

oh the joy of instant noodle and arby roast beef sandwhichs.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:31   Link #1608
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
(Note that I'm using the far cheaper RightStuf pricing for this, it only makes the normal pricing that much worse)

I agree that the box set is still way too expensive. Most blu-ray movies cost around $30. This is being advertised as having 8 movies, which is all that matters. In the US there is little precedent for paying extra for extra movie content. Thus, if this box set followed tradition pricing it would be around $240 and I would be willing to pay that. I am not willing to pay another $160, 2/3 of the price of the actual content, for extras. Even assuming individual blu-rays at $40 (seriously pushing it) to account for translating (though I should note that this isn't dubbed so that's already far more than the usual mark-up) fees that still comes out to $320--an amount that I might pay for 8 movies, but that still leaves me paying $80 for extras and that is still far too much.

I see no reason why this cannot follow the same pricing pattern as The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. While not a blu-ray, there were two version: one the traditional $20 DVD and the other a $30 collector's edition that came with a re-vamped box and a soundtrack in addition to the standard DVD extra content.

It's disappointing because I would really like to own the official version of KnK, but Aniplex is pricing it way outside my viable price range, and for far more than the traditional consumer is used to paying for a similar product.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:45   Link #1609
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Why are people comparing Japanese Pricing with American Pricing?
This KnK Box Set is a Japanese Release that just includes English Subtitles.
It isn't an American release so you shouldn't compare it with the pricing of American BluRay box sets since the DVD/BD prices has been historically higher in Japan.

If you're waiting for a cheaper box set you should wait for the official NA release since last time I heard there was already a NA site for KnK so it probably wouldn't be long til you get your cheaper box set.

People saying that it isn't worth it to buy the this box set, this Japanese box set that's due to be released in Feb 2011, sounds like you're saying that those who already pre-ordered are stupid, while not considering that this isn't priced with US/International consumers in mind but it is priced with the Japanese consumers in mind.

-end rant-
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 21:48   Link #1610
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
It isn't an American release so you shouldn't compare it with the pricing of American BluRay box sets since the DVD/BD prices has been historically higher in Japan.

If you're waiting for a cheaper box set you should wait for the official NA release since last time I heard there was already a NA site for KnK so it probably wouldn't be long til you get your cheaper box set.

People saying that it isn't worth it to buy the this box set, this Japanese box set that's due to be released in Feb 2011, sounds like you're saying that those who already pre-ordered are stupid, while not considering that this isn't priced with US/International consumers in mind but it is priced with the Japanese consumers in mind.

-end rant-
actually at 399.98, it is actually cheaper then what the Japanese pay for theirs, which is around $600.
Old 2010-12-16, 22:07   Link #1611
kaizer63

Send a message via AIM to kaizer63
Quote:

-end rant-
If you looked at the link MrTerrorist posted then you'd understand $400 is the price for US consumers.

I don't believe anyone choosing to import it at the $600 price-tag is stupid at all; that is how they choose to support their hobby and I've no qualms about it. My problem is entirely how the Japanese price model is being imported directly for American consumers and that puts it far out of the price range of many would-be buyers.
Old 2010-12-17, 11:57   Link #1612
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna Amakura View Post
http://www.collider.com/wp-content/u...ET-600x458.jpg

Well, if you think this can't be compared with a box that comes with 8 "OVAs" and two real movies, a beautiful boxart and an artbook...welll. And the LOST boxset is $178,99 and it's a blu-ray set. An artbook shouldn't rise the price like this. With $400,00 people can buy a PS3, for god's sake. I will wait for the day in which this box will be sold for a coherent price, and if it doesn't, well, I don't think it'll be a great lost, since having only an artbook as real bonus makes me laugh big time.
Lost's extras are little trinkets that are pretty much useless. The books that the disc go in are made of recycled paper and while they are nice, it's just paper.

Quote:

-end rant-
I don't think there will be a US release. If there was, it would have been done already. They'd make more money with a US release than this import after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizer63 View Post
If you looked at the link MrTerrorist posted then you'd understand $400 is the price for US consumers.

I don't believe anyone choosing to import it at the $600 price-tag is stupid at all; that is how they choose to support their hobby and I've no qualms about it. My problem is entirely how the Japanese price model is being imported directly for American consumers and that puts it far out of the price range of many would-be buyers.
Yes, supporting our hobby. It'd be nice if I could contribute something to Type-Moon.
Old 2010-12-22, 17:57   Link #1613
Dark Wing

Just finished this movies series (yea I know over late fir the party ) and I have to say having never seen any of Type-Moons other works it piked my interest to the point where I had to look up everything I could find on the Nasu-verse and now I'm in the "Same Universe" camp. However all my speculations aren't what I'm hear to talk about.

To put it a simply as possible these movies reminded me of why I got into anime in the first place the Mature Themes and Stunning Visuals. Having started out with late night cable anime movies It feels good to get back to my roots.

Overall 10/10 now if we can only get more anime like this I'd be a very happy man indeed!
Old 2010-12-22, 19:06   Link #1614
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

If only they'd had done Fate like this... it would have been epic. There wouldn't have been an anime that'd beat it, ever. Yes, it would be the greatest anime of all time.
Old 2010-12-23, 03:12   Link #1615
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If only they'd had done Fate like this... it would have been epic. There wouldn't have been an anime that'd beat it, ever. Yes, it would be the greatest anime of all time.
F/SN by Ufotable would have been a dream come true, and we're close to that dream happening with Fate/Zero being done by them.
Old 2010-12-23, 09:30   Link #1616
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
F/SN by Ufotable would have been a dream come true, and we're close to that dream happening with Fate/Zero being done by them.
Isn't that only an unsubstantiated rumor?
Old 2010-12-23, 10:01   Link #1617
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Isn't that only an unsubstantiated rumor?
Not any more. The news has been confirmed over vol 6 of TYPE-MOON Ace, and the wepage for the anime has been set as well: http://www.fate-zero.jp/.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 10:43   Link #1618
Yuna Amakura

Kara no Kyoukai Best & Rearranged Album

劇場版「空の境界」サウンドトラックCD 発売決定!

本編映像と並んで高い評価を受けた、劇場版「空の境界」の音楽世界。
作曲家・梶浦由記自身によるベスト&リアレンジアルバムとして、全七章の旋律がここに甦る!
映像に合わせて作曲された劇伴音楽を再編曲&新規録音し、独立した音楽作品として
新たなるオリジナルマスターを制作。
新作映像『劇場版「空の境界」終章 / 空の境界』のBGMも初収録!

◇商品名:the Garden of sinners -劇場版「空の境界」音楽集-
◇発売日:2011年3月2日(水)
◇価格:3,675円(税込)
◇品番:SVWC-7749~7750
◇仕様:
武内崇描き下ろしジャケット、 CD2枚組
◇初回仕様特典:
ジャケットイラストステッカー

source: http://www.karanokyoukai.com/news/index.html

Not only that, but the epilogue will have a "new" song: snow falling. It seems it is a cover for another KnK song. Now THIS is something I'm gonna buy.
Old 2010-12-23, 12:32   Link #1619
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Are we finally going to get track names?
Old 2010-12-23, 15:46   Link #1620
Yuna Amakura

I hope so, I can't wait for M41+42 from KnK7 to receive a name! That song was so amazing, and it has such a name.

Tags
action, harem, type moon