Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 19:56   Link #1361
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Well, that would be interesting if it was about Kissshot's former master. I can't wait to find out more! Are you or Omimon buying it?
It's actually an interesting premise. We hear about a menace that transcends Kaiis so it could be talking about Kissshot or someone that's even more powerful than her. Either way a story about her past would be nice.

The only thing we know is that its supposedly about the missing chapters in Shiro and it's very likely going to include: Gaen, Episode, Kagenui and Ononoki. The interesting part about this is what the latter three have in common. Episode is a vampire exorcist and Kagenui and Ononoki are a pair of immortal killers. 99% the story is going to include a vampire that isn't Shinobu or Araragi.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:12   Link #1362
Romanticide

I was just thinking of this earlier today; what if Kissshot was lured away from her family and turned, then ordered to kill/eat them? I've heard of sheltered people being more curious than most and lured away easily. And Kizumono can also mean "a woman who has been deflowered",and that's why vampire's make servant's for, isn't it? As lovers? And i doubt that Kissshot and the First Servant were more than friends, at the most.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 22:44   Link #1363
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. In the new Kizu movie PV we see who seems to be Kissshot with short hair. I assume that is her look when she was in her 10yo state. My question is that did it say anywhere in the book that when she was in that state she had short hair? There was a fanpic floating around that showed her in all of her age-states and the only one that had her with short hair was her 10yo one. I always thought it was just the artist's rendition of it but now with the PV I can't help but believe the novel did say something about it and I missed it.
Old 2011-09-22, 23:22   Link #1364
Romanticide

Yeah, Koyomi mentions her hair cut and stuff.

Last edited by Romanticide; 2011-09-23 at 00:24.
Old 2011-09-23, 05:50   Link #1365
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Okay, I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. In the new Kizu movie PV we see who seems to be Kissshot with short hair. I assume that is her look when she was in her 10yo state. My question is that did it say anywhere in the book that when she was in that state she had short hair? There was a fanpic floating around that showed her in all of her age-states and the only one that had her with short hair was her 10yo one. I always thought it was just the artist's rendition of it but now with the PV I can't help but believe the novel did say something about it and I missed it.
I too couldn't remember it, but it's in chapter 10: with the 10 years old looks she had a fluffy dress with a bobbed hair.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 07:02   Link #1366
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
I too couldn't remember it, but it's in chapter 10: with the 10 years old looks she had a fluffy dress with a bobbed hair.
Oh man you are totally right. To think the description was in a place that wasn't when she was ten.
Old 2011-09-25, 00:50   Link #1367
Romanticide

I have another question about Kissshot: Since the timeline she gave Koyomi is a bit off (what with her age and all) what period do you think she grew up in (since she speaks, i believe, very old english/japanese, and her dress is aristocratic looking, not discounting a very long name)?
Old 2011-09-25, 02:04   Link #1368
Shikijin

Quote:
I have another question about Kissshot: Since the timeline she gave Koyomi is a bit off (what with her age and all) what period do you think she grew up in (since she speaks, i believe, very old english/japanese, and her dress is aristocratic looking, not discounting a very long name)?
IIRC In Kabukimonogatari she is 598 years and 11 month old, and Araragi was watching the first Precure series, which aired in 2004, so Kissshot should have been born in 1405. Judging from the name and the hair she wasn't born in Japan though, possibly in Great Britain. She gallivanted the world, and that's how she got in Japan 400 years ago, which should be approximately the Edo period, before there were restrictions on foreigners.

The Japanese she speaks is a variant of Kyoto dialects, because at the time the capital of Japan was Kyoto, and the dialect of Kyoto was the standard Japanese (plus there is the fact that Nisio comes from Kyoto). I doubt it is entirely historically faithful, though.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 02:36   Link #1369
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanticide View Post
i have another question about kissshot: Since the timeline she gave koyomi is a bit off (what with her age and all) what period do you think she grew up in (since she speaks, i believe, very old english/japanese, and her dress is aristocratic looking, not discounting a very long name)?
2006-599=1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
IIRC In Kabukimonogatari she is 598 years and 11 month old, and Araragi was watching the first Precure series, which aired in 2004, so Kissshot should have been born in 1405. Judging from the name and the hair she wasn't born in Japan though, possibly in Great Britain. She gallivanted the world, and that's how she got in Japan 400 years ago, which should be approximately the Edo period, before there were restrictions on foreigners.

The Japanese she speaks is a variant of Kyoto dialects, because at the time the capital of Japan was Kyoto, and the dialect of Kyoto was the standard Japanese (plus there is the fact that Nisio comes from Kyoto). I doubt it is entirely historically faithful, though.
No, the Heartcure thing is definitely just a meta-joke by Nisio. The series takes place in 2006 and 2007. If you look at the dates and the corresponding weekdays the only year that matches in recent history is 2006. The series was also first published in 2006 so it makes sense.
Old 2011-09-25, 02:54   Link #1370
Romanticide

Thanks guys. Hopefully Oni will clear up some other questions. Do you usually get summaries from sites or by buying the books?
Old 2011-09-25, 03:14   Link #1371
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Thanks guys. Hopefully Oni will clear up some other questions. Do you usually get summaries from sites or by buying the books?
I read them online but I also download the scans.
Old 2011-09-25, 10:42   Link #1372
endarion88

maybe this is off topic but is true that Nisemonogatari anime will be released in January 2012?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 10:48   Link #1373
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
maybe this is off topic but is true that Nisemonogatari anime will be released in January 2012?
Yes. That is indeed true.
Old 2011-09-25, 14:29   Link #1374
Prime

Hey, I know that this question is offtopic, but do you know where can I get the link to download the Complete Guidebook of Bakemonogatari?

I really would like to have those scans *~*

Btw, how does Ononoki looks? I read the summaries but I can't imagine her, neither I can do that with Kagenui.

Ougi is a genderbender or was it wrong?
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:22   Link #1375
zato_1one

I think that it's safer to ask here. Based on this old image which someone said that they are the character in Nisemonogatari.

And the image of new character design from the anime.

So, does Hitagi really cut her hair short or does she just tie her hair which makes it look like she has short hair in the second image?
Old 2011-09-28, 11:26   Link #1376
Shadow5YA

Yes, she cuts her hair. So does Tsubasa, though at a different time.

Kanbaru and Nadeko also have different looks, but all Kanbaru did was let her hair grow out and Nadeko wore a headband to put up her bangs.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 11:27   Link #1377
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I think that it's safer to ask here. Based on this old image which someone said that they are the character in Nisemonogatari.

And the image of new character design from the anime.

So, does Hitagi really cut her hair short or does she just tie her hair which makes it look like she has short hair in the second image?
Both. If I remember correctly short hair Hitagi appears in the last half of Nise......is what I want to tell you but the truth is she doesn't actually appear. She goes away for vacation in the second book and her haircut was only mentioned in passing. The anime will probably only show her with her new hairstyle for a moment and that's it. Her appearance in Nise for the most part is still long-haired.

As for the other characters, they go through a great deal of hair changes as well during the whole series.
Tsubasa - Long hair->short hair->stripped hair
Kanbaru - Short hair->long hair->short hair
Nadeko - Long hair->handband hair->no bangs hair->snake hair
Old 2011-09-28, 11:31   Link #1378
zato_1one

Oh! That's good to know. Thank you.

That new look is really a misleading. LOL Not that it's a bad thing. She does look better in long hair anyway.
Old 2011-09-28, 13:16   Link #1379
Romanticide

Did Oni come out today? I've been looking for information.....
Old 2011-09-28, 13:18   Link #1380
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Did Oni come out today? I've been looking for information.....
Sorry, in two more days actually.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance