AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-20, 20:37   Link #361
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Roy would definitely send him off, but with a Dull but Awesome move. He doesn't want to give Envy any more pleasure, in every sense of the word.
Old 2009-03-20, 21:54   Link #362
Vicious108

Dull but awesome? Mmkay.

Well I'm cool with Envy dying a miserable and painful death, he definitely has it coming. That's how great villains should go out.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 01:26   Link #363
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Did anyone else laugh at how easily Kimbley got pwnt? Maybe it was just me...

I just can't WAIT for Roy to fry Envy's sorry ass. The next issue cannot come out fast enough! Oh, this indeterminable wait... so... painful...
Old 2009-03-22, 01:50   Link #364
Vicious108

Let's not forget Kimblee is/was still a regular human.

If he were an Homunculus, then yeah he'd have been pretty pwned (like Gluttony was), but for a human you can hardly say it was that easy.

Though still disappointing no doubt... Heinkel is cool but minor characters like him taking out awesome villains like Kimblee is a big no-no. -_-
Old 2009-03-22, 03:02   Link #365
Charred Knight

That's what I love about Fullmetal Alchemist, where as most shonen series has a competency group of 2-3 people, FMA's entire cast is pretty much in it. Their is no reason why Heinkel should just stand and around and wait for Kimblee to be killed by Scar.

It also prevents Scar from getting revenge which would cloud the moral of enduring the hate.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 07:31   Link #366
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, Heinkel killed him the way real jungle cats kill their prey: bite to the neck. Also, ol' Kim didn't realise what was going on until too late.
Old 2009-03-22, 14:22   Link #367
MonsieurRosseau
Insane Person

Send a message via AIM to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via MSN to MonsieurRosseau Send a message via Yahoo to MonsieurRosseau
Plus, Kimblee did exploit him.
I'm mad at Pride, though. How dare he eat Gluttony! *cry*

Though I can't help but like Sloth so much better.

Riful fans! Look here!
MonsieurRosseau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 17:39   Link #368
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's what I love about Fullmetal Alchemist, where as most shonen series has a competency group of 2-3 people, FMA's entire cast is pretty much in it. Their is no reason why Heinkel should just stand and around and wait for Kimblee to be killed by Scar.

It also prevents Scar from getting revenge which would cloud the moral of enduring the hate.
Totally agreed
Seriously, shonen's can be pretty damn predictable when it comes to how fights and characters come to an end... Formulaic and cliche' even... FMA breaks those normal conventions to really surprise you

Hell, if this were a typical shonen, those chimera's would have been nothing more than redshirts, added to the party just to be killed off in faux attempt to build up drama and tension... however we get something more dynamic out of them. Heinkel was just so badass in these past few chapters... i'm first we have him tearing apart pride and killing him multiple times and now we have him taking a bite out of kimblee... and both of those surprise attacks had such incredibly bad ass imagery.

Really, did anyone actually foresee Heikel killing Kimblee? if he were fighting scar at the time we'd be expecting it coming, just as people are expecting Envy to be killed by mustang... but no, Kimblee died in the most unexpected way possible and it was absolutely awesome because of that; it actually makes his death more memorable
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 19:41   Link #369
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, when Pride eats ol' Kim, a real twist would be that ol' Kim causes one hell of a stomachache for the kid.

Being monthly, Arakawa-sensei (and the editors) actually have more time planning the story in detail. Weekly series have a "push 1 chapter out the door for the week" feel.
Old 2009-03-23, 21:19   Link #370
Jarmel

I think Kimblee taking control of Pride will reduce the number of enemies by one and make Pride alot more dangerous. I forgot about Scar and it could lead to a showdown between Scar and a(possibly) new Pride. Should be interesting if Ed wants to kill Envy now too but I think Mustang is going to kick Ed out of this fight and do it solo. Next chapter will without a doubt be amazing. If Arakawa can finish this strong then this will go down as my favorite manga series.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 20:28   Link #371
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To me, FMA have every aspect which makes a good story in the right proportions: cynicism (the other top military leaders knowing and endorsing a Homunculus as their leader, only to see how far this non-human will take their country, optimism (how many characters have the "never say die" attitude?), and many others.

It is never overly dark, nor is it overly cheerful. Characters do die, but their deaths set up the story to the next "arc", so to speak. Fine piece of work.
Old 2009-04-03, 10:28   Link #372
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Totally agreed
Seriously, shonen's can be pretty damn predictable when it comes to how fights and characters come to an end... Formulaic and cliche' even... FMA breaks those normal conventions to really surprise you
As much as love FMA, I don't think I can completely agree with you. Envy's recent resurrection to fight Roy was definitely cliched.

Quote:
Hell, if this were a typical shonen, those chimera's would have been nothing more than redshirts, added to the party just to be killed off in faux attempt to build up drama and tension... however we get something more dynamic out of them. Heinkel was just so badass in these past few chapters... i'm first we have him tearing apart pride and killing him multiple times and now we have him taking a bite out of kimblee... and both of those surprise attacks had such incredibly bad ass imagery.
There are plenty of shounen that do this though, that don't begin with with N, B, or O.

Quote:
Really, did anyone actually foresee Heikel killing Kimblee? if he were fighting scar at the time we'd be expecting it coming, just as people are expecting Envy to be killed by mustang... but no, Kimblee died in the most unexpected way possible and it was absolutely awesome because of that; it actually makes his death more memorable
Techically, Heikel didn't kill him, and he might survive if Pride had decided to conrol himself.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 10:11   Link #373
Starlight

Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 11:57   Link #374
Jarmel

Spoiler for Chp 94:
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:13   Link #375
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Spoiler for 94:
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 12:28   Link #376
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Do we really need to use spoiler tag? I mean its the manga section so most people should expect the latest manga story.
Anyhow really bad ass chapter with Mustang and I loved every single scene where Envy gets destroyed by Mustang's flame. Each time he gets pissed but Envy can't do anything about it, I really loved the irony. Well I suppose this chapter will be the crossroad for how Mustang's character will become.
Old 2009-04-10, 12:36   Link #377
Eleutheria
旅行癖

That last toasting where the ribs showed was stunning. Very well drawn.

Don't remember when Lust got destroyed any more - Envy remarked at one point that "this was the fire that had killed Lust".
Old 2009-04-10, 13:23   Link #378
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Spoiler for 94:
Lol Ed is soft and against killing, forgot his battle against Kimblee already? No way did he save Envy just to kill him afterwards.

Speaking of which, I've always enjoyed Ed and Envy's "rivalry" so to speak, so it's pretty ironic and interesting that Ed now literally holds the latter's life in the palm of his hands.

Anyways, chapter was really badass. One sided fight no doubt, but badass.
I especially enjoyed the part with Riza. I too thought Envy was her and not Roy at that part, so it was a nice little twist. Then the way she tricked and unloaded her guns unto Envy was pretty awesome.

The cliffhanger ought to be good development for Mustang, and it's nice to see Riza hasn't forgotten about this:
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/61/45/

Being a big Envy mark, I'm sorta glad he managed to barely escape death once again, though I gotta wonder just for how long. >_>
Maybe Arakawa did plan on killing him this chapter, but as the popularity poll results got in she thought maybe her most popular villain should be saved for later. xD

But yeah great chapter, with this and the new FMA anime just starting, it's a good time to be an FMA fan.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:02   Link #379
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Lol Ed is soft and against killing, forgot his battle against Kimblee already? No way did he save Envy just to kill him afterwards.
Well I think Ed's actions were about his concern for Roy not Envy. Ed and Riza know Roy very well and they know something was not right with him and Scar knows from personal experience. Roy should not kill Envy out of revenge. It is already taking him to a very dark place where he would lash out at Riza just to kill Envy. It's one thing to fight Envy to remove a dangerous threat it's another thing to take joy in killing him (although I admit I took joy in watching Roy burn Envy, not so much in seeing what it did to Roy).

Of course I am sure Roy will pull through this and thank his 3 guardians (Riza, Ed & Scar) when it is all over but the next chapter can't come soon enough.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 15:00   Link #380
solomon

Read 94

I have but one thing to say;

ROY
OWNS
ALL

fin
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote