AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 7 15.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 13.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-08, 03:21   Link #21
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
No whats going to happen is he goes to play on christmas eve and then on new years goes to the publlisher party for shina is my guess
Both of them are on Christmas eve. I guess New Year's party was a mistranslation or something since it says December 24th on the flyer.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:28   Link #22
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
UGH.

Sorata.

Please wake up you dense fool you.
As Sorata is just a normal teenager with virtually zero prior experience with girls, he's nothing like the EXPERT Jin so it's kind of expected. But yes, he had it pretty bad in this episode. And Jin too. Who is he actually rooting for, Mashiro or Nanami? I think it's a bad move for a wingman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Something interesting to note: The play starts at 19:00, while the party starts at 18:00.
Maybe he could use some tips from Shirou Emiya and Shiki Tohno on how to manage multiple dates in a single day.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:44   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Is this the last episode? or we have OVAs again....
Old 2013-01-08, 03:47   Link #24
AP24

I actually prefer the 1st OP and ED. The 1st OP fits with the first cour of the series which is more friendly and comedic, and the 2nd OP fits with the second cour which has more serious story elements.

I was right that this series would make me feel like how I felt watching Toradora. This is definitely one of my favorites of 2012 (and also 2013). Just like Toradora the series started very friendly and comedic in the first cour but then starts to have more serious story elements in the second cour (which it will). Like Taiga did in Toradora, Mashiro will slowly experience important changes within her.

Next episode will definitely end vol 4's story. After that only 10 episodes will be left. This is starting to not look good because from the pacing the series will likely to cover up to LN vol 6 or 7. Which means I might be right that it will have an anime original ending. If we're lucky we might get a 2nd season. However that depends on the BD/DVD sales of this season.
Old 2013-01-08, 03:49   Link #25
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Is this the last episode? or we have OVAs again....
Two cours...
Old 2013-01-08, 04:22   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Two cours...
That didn't made me happy at all.....

More Nanami heartaches....
Old 2013-01-08, 04:44   Link #27
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That didn't made me happy at all.....

More Nanami heartaches....
I feel ya, man. Being Nanami is suffering.

Quote:
Something interesting to note: The play starts at 19:00, while the party starts at 18:00.
Time to consult the Date Super Plan™ invented by Shirou Emiya and Shiki Tohno, then.
Old 2013-01-08, 05:44   Link #28
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I don't know if Sorata is really so incredible dense or just in self denial.

Edit:
Watched the episode again and I'm really annoyed with Sorata now because he was just a jerk. Mashiro deserves better treatement than that.

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2013-01-08 at 07:56.
Old 2013-01-08, 06:11   Link #29
kivredia

Well, next episode Sorata is going to have the funsies messing up even more. Misaki finally being aggressive is legit.

But damn the contrast in Mashiro's voice in the hallway scene was good.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:16   Link #30
eduard3

I like the hallway scene, it didn't feel forced or anything.
Although Sorata really needs to stop transferring his anger to Mashiro, I'm starting to feel bad for her.

Showing the invitation (24th almost same time or same time as the play) probably foreshadows
him ditching Aoyama to accompany Mashiro.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:28   Link #31
Lota

Good God, started watching this a day ago and I'm hooked Impressive show.

Good episode. I liked the new OP, gives me hope that we'll see Rita again. I liked the hallway scene the best in the episode I think. Though Mashiro's words didn't... erm... come out right, we got what she meant. Sorata shouldn't shout at her for changing when he's the reason why she changed.

The Christmas episode seems like it will be an interesting one. I know I'm gonna feel sorry for Aoyama if she gets ditched, but the thought of Mashiro alone. At a party. Let alone that it's sad, that just sooooo can't end well.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:39   Link #32
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Being Nanami is suffering.

yeah, it is so obvious, I don't think it even needs to be in the spoiler.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:39   Link #33
zRichard

OP2 doesn't feel like it'll be one of the better OP of this season, but it is a big improvement over OP1. There's nothing remarkable about ED2.

_____

The episode was going really good, I thought that Sakurasou was finally improving and moving forwards at a slower and more relaxed pace... until it found another pool of mud to deliberately get its legs sucked into.

Shiina cut her fingers, no big deal normally, a natural event for someone learning to cook (A thing that would help her to be less dependent on others). But the wonders of Reverse Character Development's magic did the trick to transform this natural, normal event into something to ignite out MC's idiocy. It's already bad that he's a completely oblivious asexual guy just like many other cases of bad MCs in the medium, but why did he have degrade himself to being a total jerk and accurately snipe Mashiro's growth as a character. Fuck. Shiina couldn't be more literal about it: to go back to how she was before, she would need to press the reset button.

So, now we'll have 2-3 more episodes of our main lead hurting more characters and realizing how much of an idiot he was thanks to a 3rd party, and then trying to catch up with his past self.

Luckily, there are still some chances for this show to become something worth recommending. So far it's just a show for the shippers and their sport.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:02   Link #34
Lota

Personally I don't even think that Sorata is really angry at Mashiro. I think he's probably realised that he has feelings for her (the whole dream sequence), but he's in denial about it. I found the whole conversation between him and Mashiro's editor really interesting. I just don't really know how to interpret it. Perhaps he was more at ease with the old Shiina because all she cared about was art, but now that she's changing and showing him attention, he feels uneasy. Because of his own feelings for her. I don't know, maybe he's scared of his feelings, maybe he's scared of change...
Old 2013-01-08, 08:06   Link #35
Bombo
TSF Fans

I couldn't stop for Mashiro cooking lesson haha .... Time for love & drama ~~
Old 2013-01-08, 08:07   Link #36
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Personally I don't even think that Sorata is really angry at Mashiro. I think he's probably realised that he has feelings for her (the whole dream sequence), but he's in denial about it. I found the whole conversation between him and Mashiro's editor really interesting. I just don't really know how to interpret it. Perhaps he was more at ease with the old Shiina because all she cared about was art, but now that she's changing and showing him attention, he feels uneasy. Because of his own feelings for her. I don't know, maybe he's scared of his feelings, maybe he's scared of change...
Still a dick move to take it out on her.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:09   Link #37
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Not that I'm defending him, but most teenagers are prone to lash out at people when agitated.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:11   Link #38
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Can't really disagree with that
Old 2013-01-08, 08:25   Link #39
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

@Chaos
Really? That's news to me...
Even adults are prone to do that, but that is not an excuse. He is old enough to know when he did somthing wrong. Hope he will apologize really soon instead to drag this on.
Old 2013-01-08, 08:28   Link #40
zRichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
But the problem that I have with the series is not interpreting what the character are thinking right now, but finding out why are they having those thoughts.

In the last episode, the guy ran his lungs out dry to stop her from leaving Japan, so why is he turning her away now? Where did this development come from? Sorata failed to get what he wanted before, but he never took it out on others like this. The first time it was depression, now it's anger.

In fewer words: I feel that Sorata is not a consistent character because he's constantly becoming what the author needs him to be for artificial drama's sake. The show is a better Romance than a Drama.

Last edited by zRichard; 2013-01-08 at 08:36. Reason: wording
Closed Thread