AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-19, 15:16   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far this series is following the classic romantic comedy movies ala Hepburn and Grant to a tee. I figure we'll see the "incredible dolt" sidekick put a move on Aka and that'll be the straw that binds Aka and Matsumaru.
Old 2006-03-19, 18:53   Link #162
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
I figure we'll see the "incredible dolt" sidekick put a move on Aka and that'll be the straw that binds Aka and Matsumaru.
Probably aroubnd episode 08 then.. and then we'll have the special moment in episode 09. <3

I still wish this series was longer then nine episodes.. ;_;
Old 2006-03-20, 09:03   Link #163
DaFool
Resident devil

Yeah ep 7 is not as good as, say, the ero-game ep, but still watchable and the obligatory onsen ep is already taken care of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
When the boss is happy, you live the
high life. When he's feeling stingy, you might not have a place to sleep. It almost
seems like living in a stable: you are owned by the agency in all but name.
(The question is not necessarily directed at the person quoted) Is it just for voice actors, or are full actors also 'put in a stable'? ...in Japan, I mean. I know in my country every actor is contracted to either GMA Channel 7 or ABS-CBN Channel 2...they are essentially 'owned' by the media conglomerates.

So in a sense, it is possible that Aka may well be on her way to (if she so chooses) stay in a hotel every night.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 10:12   Link #164
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
(The question is not necessarily directed at the person quoted) Is it just for voice actors, or are full actors also 'put in a stable'? ...in Japan, I mean. I know in my country every actor is contracted to either GMA Channel 7 or ABS-CBN Channel 2...they are essentially 'owned' by the media conglomerates.

So in a sense, it is possible that Aka may well be on her way to (if she so chooses) stay in a hotel every night.
Spoiler:

You can, by all means, ignore what I say, as Im no more than a measly 17 year-old teen who doesn't even live in Japan. Cheers.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 10:41   Link #165
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 07 had me in tears right from the start.. though its nice that Aka & Matsumaru made up in the end.. still, only 9 episodes. ;_;
Old 2006-03-20, 12:10   Link #166
SonicMonkey

It was nice that they finally showed the nicer face of Matsumaru in this episode. Although I think that sometimes he comes across as just horny (and being a guy myself I understand this!) but he does actually care for Aka and he wants her to succeed. I think Aka was really touched by the things he said to her so I give him a B+ for finally being open about his feelings. It would have been an A, but technically Aka was the first one to come clean in that regard

Anyway I really wish the anime was longer so it could have shown more scenes of Aka and Matsumaru together - they were really cute in episode 6 when they were horsing around during that televised cooking show.

The next episode looks to be a sad one, probably in anticipation for the finale (episode 9). I'm curious however what kind of drama they can introduce in 10 minutes or so that can be resolved for a good ending in the last episode
SonicMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 13:47   Link #167
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the last ep.

Spoiler for Ep.9:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 15:46   Link #168
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This was a good series, but painfully brief. There is a lot more in the manga.
Spoiler for episode 9:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:35   Link #169
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Episode 8 is fansubbed up on the main animesuki page.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-03, 16:55   Link #170
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm actually relieved...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-03, 20:24   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This really is a show that i wouldn't mind lasting forever.. but we all know that wouldn't really work, everything has to end sometime. ;_;
Old 2006-04-03, 20:52   Link #172
dyler13

Episode 8 was made extremely well. The show never ceases to amaze me. So much emotion: laughter, sadness, loneliness.. And it’s all packed in just 10 minutes! For being only 9 episodes long, somehow it still managed to become one of my all-time favorite anime series. I really hope they come out with another season. I haven't been this sad to see a series end since School Rumble.
dyler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 00:33   Link #173
Cal-Reflector

Honestly, in 90 minutes this series accomplishes more in-depth character and relational development than the majority of shows out there that span 400-500 minutes. Cute show, nice story, too bad they made it so bloody short.

Any body have the lowdown on the unusual choice of length, series and episode wise, for REC? I'm very curious.
Old 2006-04-04, 02:38   Link #174
Rion
Ramune~

I also remember somebody saying that there might be a second (and even third season) for this anime. How possible is that actually?
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 04:20   Link #175
SinsI

Well, they certainly have more than enough story for five or six more seasons, considering that the Episode 8 ends near page 130 of the first volume of manga and the fact that there are five volumes of REC(maybe more, it's just that I found that many).
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 06:10   Link #176
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Well, they certainly have more than enough story for five or six more seasons, considering that the Episode 8 ends near page 130 of the first volume of manga and the fact that there are five volumes of REC(maybe more, it's just that I found that many).
No, you are right, currently there are 5 volumes out, and the manga is still being serialized in Sunday GX magazine.
Old 2006-04-04, 14:14   Link #177
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
woohoo! someone needs to scanlate them! always disappointed at how short the episodes are.
I feel so unfullfilled, compared a normal length anime episode.
Old 2006-04-04, 16:00   Link #178
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
woohoo! someone needs to scanlate them! always disappointed at how short the episodes are.
I feel so unfullfilled, compared a normal length anime episode.
Actually, if you'll go visit manganews.net, you'll see Yanime has at least *started* a scanlation (only vol1ch1 so far released 16feb06) but I can't find anything about it on their website. Rats... I wish I was farther along in my JP studies or I'd do the damned thing myself.
Old 2006-04-08, 15:52   Link #179
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

REC 9 is out.

That was simply the best.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 16:59   Link #180
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That was one hell of a beauitful ending.. really need the OST! >.<

Its shame its the end, really is - but with a ending like that, i'm happy if the anime just stays like that.. and we don't get anything else.

Tags
romance, seinen