AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-11-27, 02:23   Link #55221
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Is it cliche if the OC goes along with all of Tatenashi's schemes but always ends up turning the plan in a direction Tate never planned for it to go?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 02:27   Link #55222
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Is it cliche if the OC goes along with all of Tatenashi's schemes but always ends up turning the plan in a direction Tate never planned for it to go?
You mean comically, or coolly? Why not both?
Old 2014-11-27, 02:50   Link #55223
demino_hellsin
That one guy

A scene I imagined would be the one where Tate breaks into the OCs room in a "naked apron" and greets him after his day of training, much like she did with Ichika.

Tatenashi: Hello dearest! I've cooked up a feast and drew you a nice warm bath. So what would you like first? Dinner? A bath? ...Or me?

OC: *mumble mumble* *stumbles towards Tatenashi*

Tatenashi: Oh my! You're such a naughty boy~ *OC grabs her loosely around the waist, she doesn't try to get out violently because she knows she can slip out at any time*

OC: Sleeeep.

Tatenashi: Eh?

*OC and Tatenashi fall to the dorm room floor*

Tatenashi: Wh-What's going on!?

OC: *Zzzzzzzzzzzz*

Tatenashi: He's asleep? *tries to get out of the guy's grasp but his grip is like steel*

OC: Mmmm soft pillows *OC nuzzles into Tatenashi's slim abdomen.*

Tatenashi: Thank God I'm wearing this apron and a swimsuit underneath *heart beats erratically.*

And they stayed like that until next morning

OC: *wakes up* *Notices hot half-naked girl in his arms while they're on the floor.* *the apron she's wearing slips off one shoulder and is showing a generous amount of cleavage* GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Tatenashi: *cutely wakes up while rubbing her eyes* Nyamu... Wh- *yawn* Is it morning already?
Old 2014-11-27, 02:50   Link #55224
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Tech question:

Quote:
The Bouncer also has an anti-asteroid measure in a form of Kinetic Deflectors - special rocket-propelled kinetic impactor equipped with a nuclear payload. The payload consists of a single EB300 Home Run, a 10-megaton atomic bomb developed for asteroid deflection missions. The Bouncer is originally intended to be equipped with 4 Kinetic Deflectors - a pair of 2-pod launchers mounted on top of the Bouncer with each pod carrying one Kinetic Deflector.

However, the production of the EB300 was halted midway as the world shifts towards development of the Infinite Stratos. The number of completed EB300s remain unknown and only three were readily-mounted on the Bouncer before it was stolen by the Erebus Corps. The remaining empty pod is then loaded with a 30-tube Large Missile Launcher using spare munitions from the Erebus Corps’ EC-01 Armed Astra.
Would this suffice in order to deflect an asteroid that's roughly half the size of Iceland?
Old 2014-11-27, 02:58   Link #55225
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Would this suffice in order to deflect an asteroid that's roughly half the size of Iceland?
Nope, it's like throwing firecracker to stop a speeding truck.

To alter object of that size you need planetkiller bomb.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:08   Link #55226
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Something along 30-50 megatons, perhaps? The asteroid's half of Iceland's size and it's to be deflected while it approaches the apex of its curving path towards Earth, where it'll be at its slowest velocity.

Over-exaggerations aside, initially I wanted to have something along the line of the Tsar Bomb, but who the hell would wanna develop a whole warehouse of Tsar Bombs when you can have an IS that can level entire cities just as well without the risk of fallout?

Just putting it out here as well, the Bouncer is also equipped with a large beam cannon and beam CIWS for deflecting/shooting down smaller pieces of asteroids. And in that point of time, there are no IS equipped with orbital weapons/nuclear weapons.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:13   Link #55227
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm going to say a 10 megaton nuclear device is more than enough if you mean that it's in 10megatons of nulear waread than tnt
Old 2014-11-27, 03:19   Link #55228
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

TNT, actually. I'm basing this unit's nuclear armament on real-world units. The even though it's not fully-equipped, I intend to have the Bouncer capable of deflecting the asteroid using nuclear-explosive kinetic deflectors.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:25   Link #55229
demino_hellsin
That one guy

then yeah, zero's right XD
Old 2014-11-27, 03:29   Link #55230
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Try 100+ gigaton, presumably enough to pulverize several percentage of the comet volume and use those pieces as reaction mass.... hopefully AWAY from the direction of earth

Asteroid/comet about that size would weight BILLIONS of tons, moving at 200.000 km/h, megaton nuclear are firecrakers.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:33   Link #55231
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

But honestly though... Why a planetkiller?

The mission isn't exactly about destroying the asteroid as it will risk turning one earth-bound object into many. The point about the asteroid's path is that it would pass near the moon, where its weaksauce-but-still-magnetic field would slowly pull the asteroid towards Earth, where the stronger magnetic field is pretty certain to pull the damn thing right into its face.

The interception point would be where it is just about to pass around the Moon, where the terminal velocity would be slowing down to its lowest. And we know the "ambiguous" Country A, no matter how crazy they are, aren't exactly going to fund a Giga-Tsar Bomb with a straight face.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:37   Link #55232
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yeah I suggest 10 megaton uranium payload
Old 2014-11-27, 03:42   Link #55233
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I shall be different for different sake and suggest throwing in a psychoframe overload to push the asterood away.
Old 2014-11-27, 03:54   Link #55234
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Something like that is already in place.

Inami and Tsurugi's units (Minerva Odysseus and IS Athena, respectively) both have the HyperBridge System only it's more for personal travel and they have virtually no idea it would be capable of teleporting not just themselves but whatever they come into contact with as well.

Then again, teleporting half-an-Iceland asteroid is going to take up alooooot of power. And the Athena doesn't have game-breaking power restore ability like friggin Akatsubaki, because someone's gonna cry foul.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:01   Link #55235
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
But honestly though... Why a planetkiller?

The mission isn't exactly about destroying the asteroid as it will risk turning one earth-bound object into many. The point about the asteroid's path is that it would pass near the moon, where its weaksauce-but-still-magnetic field would slowly pull the asteroid towards Earth, where the stronger magnetic field is pretty certain to pull the damn thing right into its face.

The interception point would be where it is just about to pass around the Moon, where the terminal velocity would be slowing down to its lowest. And we know the "ambiguous" Country A, no matter how crazy they are, aren't exactly going to fund a Giga-Tsar Bomb with a straight face.
Hold on I'm asking my science expert friend, he will come with more precise answer.

Old 2014-11-27, 04:09   Link #55236
demino_hellsin
That one guy

geez then just go godspeed love all the way.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:24   Link #55237
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That is for their final act

Thing is they don't even know the HyperBridge System is actually capable of teleporting the asteroid away (along with them) until they've expended every possible way they could with the Bouncer.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:27   Link #55238
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And this whole time Tabane was just sitting in her lair, wondering if she should launch her super jumbo sized IS. And by jumbo I mean an IS the size of a country.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:29   Link #55239
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

According to Wiki, 1Gt device would be sufficient to thwart 100 km comet close to Jupiter Orbit, or greater than 10 km asteroid within several months range. (est. between earth and mars)

Mind, 17 km asteroid is what killed dinosaur, you really don't need country sized object for that. Also, comet are much faster than Asteroid so keep that in mind.

1Gt nuke is basically 10 Tsar bomba dialed at maximum power, stretching a bit much but doable, especially with I.S. verse tech. Also, thermonuclear weapon scale up very well, 1Gt warhead would weight about 30 ton, compared to 7 ton Tsar Bomba.

EDIT: for maximum lulz, make it antimatter-catalyzed fusion.
Old 2014-11-27, 04:50   Link #55240
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Hmm.... So let's say we bring down the asteroid size/mass. Something that can barely be deflected with a 30-40 megaton nuclear bomb. Tokyo-size? Or perhaps Singapore-sized?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest