AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 05:23   Link #121
mhaellix_8

something about a kettle

this is probably an anime i saw 6-8 yrs ago, it was translated in my language (filipino), and its something about time travelling with a kettle... there's a princess in a pink balloon gown who always gets kidnapped and then theres the kettle, they say something like "Let's go to (place or time) then they say fly, fly, kettle." atleast that's how i'd translate it in english.. (it's "lilipad, lilipad takure" in Filipino) i'm not sure but the title sounded something like Time Travel or Time Quest or something with the word time in it..
mhaellix_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 10:35   Link #122
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaellix_8
this is probably an anime i saw 6-8 yrs ago, it was translated in my language (filipino), and its something about time travelling with a kettle... there's a princess in a pink balloon gown who always gets kidnapped and then theres the kettle, they say something like "Let's go to (place or time) then they say fly, fly, kettle." atleast that's how i'd translate it in english.. (it's "lilipad, lilipad takure" in Filipino) i'm not sure but the title sounded something like Time Travel or Time Quest or something with the word time in it..
Check to see if you question and answer is similar to one before: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=55
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:16   Link #123
Sofox

Hey, there's this half hour animated short I watched years ago on a cartoon channel. I'm not sure whether it was animé or not, but it seemed to have something serious to it. I think it was called "electric fence" or "electric barricade" or something.
Anyway, it's set in this city in the future, where there's this dictator (you don't see his face at first) who the people go up to show respect to, when at the push of a button, the robots the robots of the city start attacking the people. Anyway, time passes and in the city that seems deserted, and a guy and a girl meet up unexpectedly (while the guy is grabbing a large sandwich from an abandoned fridge) and together try to find a way to escape. Apparently there's this electric shield that surrounds the city. In escaping, they deal with attacking robots, the woman discovers they guys arm is robotic after damaged in a lab explosion, and the guy makes an improvised catapult out of the elastic from a pair of boxers (no joke).

The following is spoiler material:
It turns out the "dictator" is just a kid who made the robots attack out of a bout of immaturity. When the duo see this, and end up breaking his control of the robots (by breaking his remote with the aforementioned elastic catapult), suddenly the kid ends up in the same situation they are in. However, upon noticing a bird come down from the sky, the girl suddenly jumps to the conclusion that there is no electric shield, it's just a illusion, and that they aren't the only ones that remain of the city's population, they are just the last ones to leave the city. In realisation of this, all three of them end up in a vehicle that they drive straight into the shield at the outskirts of the city chanting to themselves "it's not really there, it's not really there." There's then a flashback of the guy and girl to when they first meet and a few events before, (which is sort of funny since this happened less then 20 mins ago in real time) and the trio wake up on a desolate plain with the city in the background, yet in front of them lies this rich land lush with vegitation and natural beauty. "Do you think there's people down there" "I bet there are" is said, and about then, it ends.

Well, that's most of what I remember about it, it was so long ago, but I loved it so much, so if anyone knows anything of it, please let me know, thanks.
Sofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 16:05   Link #124
IQ0

I watched an anime when i was like 6 or 7 and tahts like 1990s. It was a pretty good one. I just don't know the name of it. The anime is about a kid i think his name was toinki or something like that. He like plays a game that is like a super fast verison of dodgeball. does any body know what im talking about. and if you do wat is the name of this anime. Does anybody know where to dl it with bittorrent or mirc?? its pretty old.

Last edited by IQ0; 2004-06-25 at 16:16.
IQ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 14:56   Link #125
Abonimation

Talking Cool anime!

Iīve heard of an awesome anime that is supposed to be about anime fans? could any one give me the name of this to-be-great anime about anime fans! Also, if any one have the time, please tell me a little about it, though donīt spoil the whole story! okay?
Abonimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 16:01   Link #126
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

I can think of two anime that fit your description. One is Comic Party which I've not seen too much of, but seems to be about a guy getting dragged to an anime convention and really winds up getting into it and trying to make his own manga.

Another, and probably the most famous, is Otaku no Video by Gainax, same studio that created Evangelion, FLCL and others. It's basically a dramatic anime style telling of the history of Gainax itself (which was started by anime fans), as well as a documentary featuring footage and interviews with fans in Japan.
Radd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 18:49   Link #127
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Radd, isn't there one more? I know bout Otaku no Video and Comic Party, but wasn't there one more? I can't think of what it's called, but I've heard about it. I just can't jog my memory enough to remember the name.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 22:47   Link #128
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
possibly Cosplay Complex? I haven't seen it, but I've seen clips in AMVs, and it seems to be about cosplaying and pervy male anime fans.

...I could be mistaken though.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 04:03   Link #129
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
I can think of two anime that fit your description. One is Comic Party which I've not seen too much of, but seems to be about a guy getting dragged to an anime convention and really winds up getting into it and trying to make his own manga.

Another, and probably the most famous, is Otaku no Video by Gainax, same studio that created Evangelion, FLCL and others. It's basically a dramatic anime style telling of the history of Gainax itself (which was started by anime fans), as well as a documentary featuring footage and interviews with fans in Japan.
Correction: "Comic Party" is about a guy getting dragged to the world of doujinshi. The whole anime is based on an ero-game based on the same title, which in turn is a parody of the real-life bi-annual Comic Market convention.

Correction2: The supposed "fans" on those recorded videotapes are in actuality, members of GAINAX themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abonimation
Iīve heard of an awesome anime that is supposed to be about anime fans? could any one give me the name of this to-be-great anime about anime fans! Also, if any one have the time, please tell me a little about it, though donīt spoil the whole story! okay?
Can you describe what you are looking for in more distinct detail? There are a lot of anime that fits your description and is too broad to generalize "anime about anime fans." From the top of my head, I can list:

"Nurse Witch Komugi-chan Magi-Karte"
"Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai"
"Mahou Yuugi"
"Comic Party"
"Otaku no Video"
"Keroro Gunso"
"Excel Saga"
"Puni Puni Poemi"
the upcoming anime "Genshiken"
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 04:20   Link #130
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQ0
I watched an anime when i was like 6 or 7 and tahts like 1990s. It was a pretty good one. I just don't know the name of it. The anime is about a kid i think his name was toinki or something like that. He like plays a game that is like a super fast verison of dodgeball. does any body know what im talking about. and if you do wat is the name of this anime. Does anybody know where to dl it with bittorrent or mirc?? its pretty old.
I remember about the Dodgeball show, actually, the comics that it was based off of--though I'm not sure of the Japanese name. I think it would be Dandoh... and no, not Dan Doh the recent golfing series. It was a good one, there was a video game about it, too... I can't remember much though >_<
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 08:39   Link #131
Abonimation

Wink

Spoke to my friend, he said that the one he thought of waas Otaku no Video, so I was pretty wrong
(Said:If Iīm not very much mistaken it shouldīve something to do with comedy, but I figured it had be a lot of animes about anime... are there any reaaaalllyy good ones that match my description? I think it mightīve been Genshiken since he hadnīt watched it already and seemed longing to!)

Last edited by Abonimation; 2004-06-27 at 12:53.
Abonimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 18:58   Link #132
Noodle

Can someone help me identify this anime?

Go to this link and look at the movie on the upper right
http://www.dream-nation.net/animexen...me02.php#anime

What anime is this? Its the one where the girl is kicking total ass. Looks so crazy...
SO can someone please tell me what anime this is?
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 19:10   Link #133
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
I believe that's Jam from Guilty Gear X, if there's an anime for Guilty Gear, I don't know, but it could be from the game.
Jenichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 19:36   Link #134
Noodle

*sigh* I got my hopes up.
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-29, 22:33   Link #135
IQ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
I remember about the Dodgeball show, actually, the comics that it was based off of--though I'm not sure of the Japanese name. I think it would be Dandoh... and no, not Dan Doh the recent golfing series. It was a good one, there was a video game about it, too... I can't remember much though >_<

I found out the name of the anime. The main character was Danpei. the japanese name was Honoo no Toukyuuji Dojji Danpei and the english name was Fighting Dodgeball Boy Dodge Danpei. does nebody know where i can download this. i don;t think they released it on dvd though. i think they only released it on vhs.
IQ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 18:43   Link #136
jcn50

Question Guess this Anime-Character plz!

Hi All,

I have this avatar since a long time now, but I can't remember where I pick it up... nor its name nor its series....
Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!
jcn50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 18:44   Link #137
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Ohjiro from Angelic Layer
deus of Wizard
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 18:46   Link #138
jcn50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Ohjiro from Angelic Layer
deus of Wizard
God that was hyper-fast!!
Thanks a lot Kyuven!
jcn50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 18:48   Link #139
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn50
God that was hyper-fast!!
Thanks a lot Kyuven!
no problem
hehe...you caught me just as i was wakin' up
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 17:51   Link #140
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Just wondering who is this character and what are they from? Sorry for the quality, its just bothering me not knowing lol.

ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel