AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 6 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 7.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-20, 11:19   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Before it goes crosses the line again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I moved 27 posts from this thread into the new "The Anime Sucks Because It's Not Like The Game" Spoiler Thread. All game players should use that general thread when they feel like complaining about all the general ways that the anime "fails" in relation to the game except where it is directly related to the actual anime episode in question. It's a "spoiler thread", so game spoilers are permitted there.

I hope this will help us stay a bit more on-topic going forward. The anime is not the game. It's not like the game. It's different than the game. It shares the same names and character designs but isn't the game. Get it? Got it? Good. Now let's discuss the anime (or not), because I really don't need to keep hearing about the game in the anime threads to this degree. If you do compare with past/till-present game content for relevant on-topic reasons, you must do it inside spoiler tags, as per the Spoiler Policy's limited permitted exception for comparisons.
People that want to complain and compare about the changes shouldn't forget this wonderful thread~
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84020

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-09-20, 11:28   Link #42
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
I agree that the fort's assault is a bit meh, but I can agree 0% with this.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/ne...-tactics01.htm
I don't even want to quote (from the passage) that Russia lost most of a 120-tank brigade within hours against Chechen rebels, or the famous M1A1 got nailed by Iraqi by just one shot. Armoured units in urban warfare are, in most cases, canned food and turned to junk minutes later.
I'm not saying Welkin is incapable to command Edelweiss well, but odds are odds.
We found that the tank is a very effective weapon, if used correctly," said Capt. Carlos Gomez, project rifleman OIC with Project Metropolis, an adjunct of the war-fighting laboratory specializing in urban combat.

"You must combine dismounts with the tanks themselves," Gomez said. "The infantry provides protection, but if you don't train to do it, it's not effective."

Not to mention that is 21st century combat, we are talking about 20th century combat where they don't have IED's or suicide bombers.

That and Squad 7 would use Edelweiss as the rallying point, hence, protecting it from anti-tank units.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:30   Link #43
Sassarai
Army of One

This special scene must be super uber for so many peeps to go so crazy over it. Like when Simba's dad held him up by the cliff in the lion king, or when Bambi's mom got killed in Bambi, or when we found out that Ranka was actually a guy in Macross ( just kidding on the last one there.) Dammmm must resist videooooooooooooo spoiler of sceneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I enjoy this eppppppppppppppppppppppp

Why are you guys complaining about tanks when this happened o_O?

I guess it has become the norm with Fabio.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:37   Link #44
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Tak, chillax and just wait. That scene will come in the next episode, I guarantee it. Stop being such a bigot because the anime isn't playing out like the game scene for scene.
That scene will come in the next episode? How, where and why? That 'scene' can no longer come in the next episode due to the simple fact that the producers had fucked it up and lost their chance to do it. There is no guarantee, because it can no longer be done under current circumstances. Aren't you being more of a bigot by even trying to suggest a guarantee? Give me a break!

Quote:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/ne...-tactics01.htm
I don't even want to quote (from the passage) that Russia lost most of a 120-tank brigade within hours against Chechen rebels, or the famous M1A1 got nailed by Iraqi by just one shot. Armoured units in urban warfare are, in most cases, canned food and turned to junk minutes later.
I'm not saying Welkin is incapable to command Edelweiss well, but odds are odds.
What you are forgetting is that Gallian Chronicles is an alternative telling of WWII where advanced rocketry and missile weapons were unavailable at the time. Indeed, the Edelweiss in the game can withstand many barrages before succumbing to damage. Since the Edelweiss was modeled after the German heavy tanks, its role would have been perfect for defensive operations, urban or otherwise, just as how German Tigers were utilized. In fact, in the battle for Berlin, legends recall that two lone Tiger tanks protected the Reichstag, halting Soviet advances for hours until their ammo was utterly spent.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-20, 11:50   Link #45
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
What you are forgetting is that Gallian Chronicles is an alternative telling of WWII where advanced rocketry and missile weapons were unavailable at the time. Indeed, the Edelweiss in the game can withstand many barrages before succumbing to damage. Since the Edelweiss was modeled after the German heavy tanks, its role would have been perfect for defensive operations, urban or otherwise, just as how German Tigers were utilized. In fact, in the battle for Berlin, legends recall that two lone Tiger tanks protected the Reichstag, halting Soviet advances for hours until their ammo was utterly spent.
- Tak
That's assuming the commanders know what they're doing though. Tigers are so hard to kill is because of their extreme armour on almost all sides, and while it made them hard to use, they're almost equal to unkillable bunkers against enemy armour units. Against troops among the ruins, it's not really the case. Infantry protection aside, Edelweiss doesn't have AP weapons on its own IIRC, and even it has it's simply hard to wield in urban environment------In Black Hawn Down the MG gunners on the Hummers are almost the first target of the gureilla, even more than the Hummer itself.
Especially when Edelweiss' power generator is exposed from the back, it's just way too vulnerable to use it in an hostile-full environment.

And while they don't actually have missiles or advanced rockets, aren't Lances also man-protable and thus can still setup ambushes?

While 7th may have plot armour made up for their survival, in a tactical sense it's not really that beneficial to bring up their tank when there're (at least from what they knew) no enemies'.
Old 2009-09-20, 12:11   Link #46
Tak

Quote:
Edelweiss doesn't have AP weapons on its own IIRC, and even it has it's simply hard to wield in urban environment------
Edelweiss is equipped with machinegun hard points and a mortar launcher. None of which require the operator to be exposed to fire.

Quote:
That's assuming the commanders know what they're doing though.
And Welkin is not seasoned enough? Of course, its debatable in the anime, but...

Quote:
Against troops among the ruins, it's not really the case.
Try telling frustrated Allied commanders that in WWII that, where their push had often been halted by German panzers in defensive positions. That is, despite having towns or villages being bombarded into nothing more than a pile of ex-construction material, Tiger tanks still ambushed the crap out of them. In fact, in many cases, it only made German efforts much easier.

Quote:
In Black Hawn Down the MG gunners on the Hummers are almost the first target of the gureilla, even more than the Hummer itself.
Of course they are, exposed made them easy targets. This would not be the right comparison at all. I don't know what you are getting at.

Never mind the fact that in the planning stage, the mission warranted tanks! They simply weren't provided due to political concerns!

And please, don't quote Russian tank tactics. Generally speaking, their strategy is just that, general.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-09-20 at 16:31.
Old 2009-09-20, 16:17   Link #47
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Infantry protection aside, Edelweiss doesn't have AP weapons on its own IIRC, and even it has it's simply hard to wield in urban environment------In Black Hawn Down the MG gunners on the Hummers are almost the first target of the gureilla, even more than the Hummer itself..
You are fully aware that the General William F. Garrison had originally requested armored vehicles for the operation right? Washington refused and wanted to keep it low-profile so he was stuck with humvees which are not ideal for that kind of fighting.

Quote:
And while they don't actually have missiles or advanced rockets, aren't Lances also man-protable and thus can still setup ambushes?
Yeah that's why they have infantry detachments to protect the tank. These problems have always existed and there are tactics to deal with. In fact that article which you quoted and obviously did not read specifcally stated that combined arms was very effective in urban combat (Tank plus dismounted infantry).

Quote:
Why are you guys complaining about tanks when this happened o_O?
I think we already are :lol:

Though shooting with one hand and using the windshield to steady the rilfe I dont' think is that misconstrued but really where did he just pop out?
Old 2009-09-20, 16:30   Link #48
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Though shooting with one hand and using the windshield to steady the rilfe I dont' think is that misconstrued but really where did he just pop out?
Last time I checked, the guy was under arrest. Unless he escaped. Now, the question is how?

Of course, if the person guarding him was a woman, well... we can probably figure out the rest.

- Tak

Old 2009-09-20, 17:09   Link #49
Father Hentai

Quote:
Last time I checked, the guy was under arrest. Unless he escaped. Now, the question is how?

Of course, if the person guarding him was a woman, well... we can probably figure out the rest.

- Tak
He was pardoned by Cordelia
Old 2009-09-20, 17:21   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That would be a quality Fabio delete scene.
Old 2009-09-20, 17:30   Link #51
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
He was pardoned by Cordelia
And for completely unrelated reasons, Fabio will also be marrying Cordelia who somehow managed to get pregnant.
Old 2009-09-20, 17:56   Link #52
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbron View Post
And for completely unrelated reasons, Fabio will also be marrying Cordelia who somehow managed to get pregnant.
If you are still too stuborn to accept the reasons why he has been pardoned it cannot be helped but it is as it is. end of the discussion.

The sad thing in this episode is really about Jaeger. I really miss the game ending of him. But if he died, he died with a smile and without washing his hands in blood of innocents.

Quote:
Yeah that's why they have infantry detachments to protect the tank. These problems have always existed and there are tactics to deal with. In fact that article which you quoted and obviously did not read specifcally stated that combined arms was very effective in urban combat (Tank plus dismounted infantry).
I found a nice article regarding U.S. doctrines with tanks and there is also a part regarding tanks in urban fights: http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/c..._doctrine.html
Old 2009-09-20, 18:29   Link #53
kraken

Quote:
If you are still too stuborn to accept the reasons why he has been pardoned it cannot be helped but it is as it is. end of the discussion.
There is no good reason to Cordelia for pardon him. he deadly shot one of his camarade and take the princess as hostage.

In any army, for doing this, he will be executed, there is no other possibility.

By pardoning him, Cordelia only show she is a weak Princess and she is unable to punish a terrorist.

this element of the plot of the anime is just bad.
Old 2009-09-20, 18:50   Link #54
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Before it goes crosses the line again...

People that want to complain and compare about the changes shouldn't forget this wonderful thread~
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84020
Don't be a party poopah S_B! The anime writers basically just gave the middle fingers to the gamers...

venting is required.....
Old 2009-09-20, 19:03   Link #55
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
In any army, for doing this, he will be executed, there is no other possibility.
So, saying that seems like you have been in military, right? Give me an example where one army men shot another comrade and where he was executed. I say that there are no such examples in modern european or american army. Moreover they are put into military jail and after time of military service he sits the rest in a civil jail. But executions are prohibited by the humanitarian rights and by country laws. except for some american states but I very doubt that a states law is over a military law.

Anyhow. The results ended up not in a death of a soldier but in awakening valkyria. this prevented not only severe casualties on the Gallian military force but also halted the invasion of the imps again.

If there are still any points what speaks against his pardon then it is Alicia to decide as she is the victim. So did she say any words? No? Then we can stop the discussion here.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:15   Link #56
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:

I think we already are :lol:

Does that thing even have a windshield? How do you know he used the windshield? I think he just popped him with one hand without even aiming.

"Oh yeah! Kick arse and chew bubble gum! AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GUM.!" - Fabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Don't be a party poopah S_B! The anime writers basically just gave the middle fingers to the gamers...

venting is required.....

Do You Want Mawari to Teach You the Rules of the forum?
Old 2009-09-20, 19:20   Link #57
Father Hentai

Jeeps regularly have flexible windshields. But as Faldio did it it is quite impossible if he has not something that stabilizes his sniper rifle. At least he can be glad that the road is not rough. If it was then his shoulder bones would be broken from the shaking.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:38   Link #58
Sassarai
Army of One

Sure in the "real world" it works that way but that stuff doesn't apply to our hero Fabio.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:39   Link #59
Father Hentai

you mean your hero. from my point of view he is a fallen hero.
Old 2009-09-20, 19:41   Link #60
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
you mean your hero. from my point of view he is a fallen hero.
How has he fallen?
He saved Welkin.
He saved Alicia.
He save everyone by shooting Alicia to awaken her powers.
He gave great speeches that brought the units morale up.

How has he fallen?
He is the king of heroes!
Closed Thread