AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 13:49   Link #21
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
Why, Chiaki Kon, why? I was ready to forgive you (heck, even applaud you) for last episode's cuts were you to use the awesome time setup it made for the final two episodes properly . But no, you had to go and pointlessly stretch out yet another less important scene.

This reminds me of Higurashi Kai where the "Save Satoko" scenes dragged like hell (well I haven't read the original, true, but I could tell that there were other things she could've focused on). Does she even know what scenes people actually want to see?

</rant that I was going to save for later but this is just too much>

Proper review after I see a proper raw but...argh.
why are people always blaming Chiaki Kon.. there are many people left making important decisions (series organizer, storyboarder etc) the part of the direction really varies from anime to anime in terms of "director is really the head of the production" and not just the person who is.. well, directing the episode. I'm a director for theatre pieces and when you are told to direct with a given script and it's crappy, well... try to get the best out of it

back to topic:
Probably the scene that got cut the least in the anime.
One of the scenes from the 4th novel that failed to entertain me properly.
Seeing favorite scenes rushed in the next episode.
Well, uhm, equals "not that good" is quite.. nicely put XD
Old 2009-12-16, 13:57   Link #22
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Well this doesn't look good for next week.

Eva's blown up face is full of win though. -
Old 2009-12-16, 14:24   Link #23
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
This is my favourite scene of EP4, and certainly up there for my favourite chapter of all Umineko so far, and I'm not happy they spent an entire episode on it.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:31   Link #24
Used Can

My face while checking this episode's spoilers:

Spoiler:

Honestly, I think DEEN is just trolling us. I bet they check all the discussion boards possible, just to laugh at the comments.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:33   Link #25
Xander

I don't think this is a good idea either, but I'm not going to pass final judgment on it until the series has ended and we can see whether or not the animation studio managed to somehow end the show properly.

I'm trying to avoid judging the series in terms of faithfulness, at this point in time, because that leads nowhere.

If the ending works on some level, in spite of cutting or moving things around, I can be rather tolerant.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:34   Link #26
MarthX

DEEN saw how bad the DVD sales prior to the creation of this episode, and they decided to troll the fans.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:37   Link #27
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Even so you guys are complaining..to be honest I liked the episode. Of course the next one will be rushed and there will be cuts. But THIS episode was really good in my opinion.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:45   Link #28
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
But THIS episode was really good in my opinion.
That doesn't matter, at all. This will completely and utterly screw up the next one so bad, it won't be funny.

Honestly, I don't get it why, but I'm not even angry. In fact, I even laughed when I saw the pics at 2chan. I think I really stopped giving a fuck about this anime a long time ago.

Ah... oh well. Bon Appétit.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:45   Link #29
luckyssol

Spoiler for Rokkenjima Map:

Ange was holding what appears to be some sort of elevation map. It appears as though something changed the geography of the island between 1986 and 1998. The part of the island where the mansion was is now shown to be the same elevation as the beach. The affected area appears to be pretty large too.

Also, Ange passed by a keep out sign left by some Toyko Metropolitan crew on her way there.

The Ange vs. Kasumi scene should have taken less than half the time it actually ended up taking. If they were planning to devote an entire episode to this scene I wish they would have at least cut content from some of the previous episodes to make room for the final content of this series.

If you judge this episode by itself it was done very well. However, there is too much to cover for the remaining episode to be adapted as well as I hoped. I won't judge this episode on how they adapt the final episode which hasn't even aired yet.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:15   Link #30
June 1983

Hmmm ... that thing with the map is EXTREMELY interesting.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:19   Link #31
TeeHee
I know we have bread!

I know that the next episode will be too rushed, but...

Still a good episode. Really liked the shotgun scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post
For once in my life I'm actually on the verge of hoping that Witch Hunt doesn't release the Ep5 patch til after the 23rd.

Cause we might need a pick me up at this rate.
Or otherwise an OVA addendum episode (aka ep 27, 28). Not that they would...

But if they did, it would help to fill in on some of the other parts of the story. Like the boxing match...

Last edited by TeeHee; 2009-12-16 at 15:27. Reason: addendum
Old 2009-12-16, 15:33   Link #32
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Even so you guys are complaining..to be honest I liked the episode. Of course the next one will be rushed and there will be cuts. But THIS episode was really good in my opinion.
I think the people that liked this in the VN scene will enjoy it and rate it on its own, since it's the scene that got cut the least so far I think.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:35   Link #33
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
why are people always blaming Chiaki Kon.. there are many people left making important decisions (series organizer, storyboarder etc) the part of the direction really varies from anime to anime in terms of "director is really the head of the production" and not just the person who is.. well, directing the episode. I'm a director for theatre pieces and when you are told to direct with a given script and it's crappy, well... try to get the best out of it
Theater pieces and a 26 episode season are two completely different things.

Chikai Kon basically decides the majority of the decisions. Of course there are other major positions but everything goes through her in terms of okaying something and not. She did horrid with the adaptation of Higurashi's first season and Kai was only a good adaptation because Ryukishi was co-directing with her. But of course he couldn't do that with these episodes since he had other things to do (when DEEN decided to adapt Umineko EP 3 was released only a while later, along with EP 4 in December 08).

I can't even understand why they picked her to direct. I would have dearly preferred Higurashi Rei's director myself (he also works on the Umineko staff but doesn't make major decisions like Chikai Kon) who showed that he can make a solid adaptation.

Chikai Kon fails time and time again. DEEN just enjoys blaming everyone but themselves and her. When a play fails it's not usually the actors fault as much as the director however. Art isn't always stunning, but it does well in some places. The VA's are great and although music direction can be a bit shabby it still does a decent job.

Clearly the fault can't be put in DEEN as much as the people they hire to direct. Chikai Kon is the director and the anime is failing with both viewers and sales.

I'll write a review in a little while - the episode was okay, but I would have preferred them NOT to spend an entire episode on just this one chapter.
Old 2009-12-16, 15:57   Link #34
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
DEEN saw how bad the DVD sales prior to the creation of this episode, and they decided to troll the fans.
I heard that really works.
Endless Umineko nights anyone?

So, I wonder; Why would they pick this scene for a whole episode, when there are far more important stuff to cover, but they couldn't do so, because they lacked time?
Old 2009-12-16, 17:25   Link #35
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
Why would they pick this scene for a whole episode, when there are far more important stuff to cover?
Well, this is the scene which explains magic in the best possible way, I guess. However, it wasn't worth an entire episode. It should have got 10 minutes at best, in my opinion.

Well, maybe Kyrie = Kasumi after all, or Kasumi killed Kyrie and took her place, or perhaps it was all the work of little kamikaze blue men.
Old 2009-12-16, 17:46   Link #36
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

oh yay! Another episode butchered. Woo! Now, as for last ep, I bet. EVEN BIGGER screw up!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-12-16, 17:48   Link #37
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

This episode wasn't butchered... it was actually very well done if you ask me.

It's the pacing that's butchered. Next episode is screwed. D:

Old 2009-12-16, 18:06   Link #38
Skreecher

I must say, I loved this episode!!! I can't remember exactly how much story was left after this ep, but I still think this was a really great episode. I hate how everyone keeps complaining EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! If it really is that bad, why do you keep watching it? Just read the sound novel again.
But I am glad they kept my favorite quote of the whole series.
Spoiler for epic quote:

Last edited by Skreecher; 2009-12-16 at 18:44.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:16   Link #39
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The episode was faithful to the VN, but they didn't do the proper cuts here to speed up the pace. 7/10 for me.

I am worried about next week's episode.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:21   Link #40
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

And you all thought I was crazy for worrying that this episode would only have the Ange-Kasumi scene