AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-05, 21:02   Link #6041
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
...okay, that guess is extremely wild . As for me, I want Mikoto to 'awaken' her power. Right now, she is weaker than most of the villians in the Toaru world
villains in the Toaru world:
-Fiamma: could wipe out Eurasia in one shot, and his power is basically "LOL I win by default"
-Aleister: could easily defeat that Fiamma
-Aiwass: most powerful being in the series so far
-Gabriel: freaking Archangel
-Carissa: Curtana original hax
-Acqua: saint+god's right seat hax
-Vento: LOL Divine Punishment
-Accelerator: LOL quantum mechanics

really, the villains in Toaruverse are some of the most overpowered you can find in this kind of fiction, it's not just Mikoto who's weaker than them...

Mikoto will do just fine so long as she doesn't go face to face with the likes of Aleister
Old 2010-11-05, 21:16   Link #6042
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
-Fiamma: could wipe out Eurasia in one shot, and his power is basically "LOL I win by default"

really, the villains in Toaruverse are some of the most overpowered you can find in this kind of fiction, it's not just Mikoto who's weaker than them...

Mikoto will do just fine so long as she doesn't go face to face with the likes of Aleister
Fiamma: Converted!
Aleister: watching over the world while pulling a trollface.jpg as his plans come through, enter Hamadzura and then unimpressedcatisunimpressed.jpg
Aiwass: *chews popcorn* O hi, don't mind me, go on.
Gabriel: GG Gabriel (excuse my pun )
Carissa: Conve...rted... perhaps?
Acqua: Hamadzura's bro now
Vento: Lost against Fiamma
Accelerator: BAW HAWW I WANNA BE LIKE YOU HERO also Oh lol I'm an angel now...

... excuse me while I slip away for a while...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-05, 21:17   Link #6043
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Mikoto's pretty powerful when given a chance to fight against non-human opponents or rather mecha enemies specific.

Giant Iron Sand Avalanche anyone?
Old 2010-11-05, 21:18   Link #6044
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
well ppl seemed to have forgotten mikoto, shes a main too, probably later railgun and index storys wiltt interwine for good, after all mikoto having so many clones, and the mysterious full tuning are all part of aleisteir plan.

a wild quess of mine is that the mikoto we know migth not be the original.
And let's not forget about Misaka Tabikake here. Judging from the way he talked to Aleister, he definitely knows something. There's definitely potential for plot development with Mikoto and her family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Didn't she awaken in the Railgun SS? I remember seeing her with wings and everything....
That was just a way of utilizing her abilities under special conditions.

And here's the summary for the final part of the Kanzaki SS:
Spoiler for kanzaki ss pt 8:

And now that I've finally secured the last chapter of the Stiyl SS, I can start reading it from the start again.
Old 2010-11-05, 21:34   Link #6045
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Fiamma: Converted!
Aleister: watching over the world while pulling a trollface.jpg as his plans come through, enter Hamadzura and then unimpressedcatisunimpressed.jpg
Aiwass: *chews popcorn* O hi, don't mind me, go on.
Gabriel: GG Gabriel (excuse my pun )
Carissa: Conve...rted... perhaps?
Acqua: Hamadzura's bro now
Vento: Lost against Fiamma
Accelerator: BAW HAWW I WANNA BE LIKE YOU HERO also Oh lol I'm an angel now...
Fiamma: almost kick the buckets but a hax person vs a super hax person doesn't lead on total death plus his been converted by priest Touma and father Touma doesn't let anyone die. Receiving blessings but still no right hand and uncontrollable 3rd arm. He has a long road ahead of him.

Aleister: would probably troll around while staying on his capsule. Appearing anywhere and go blast his rod. It's like having multiple bodies but even defeating one wouldn't lead on defeating it all. hax person is hax.

Aiwass: Together with Hyouka on the side lines (for now). Being a bystander or watcher is hard you know

Gabriel: in heaven and I wish he won't accidentally fall again.

Carissa: the second princess well she got her knight leader and would be probably leading the royal faction on the fight.

Aqua: a leaving legend. Being Shiage's bro lead him into a badass normal life. No magic, not a saint and only a blade on his hands.

Vento: she's still alive? needs new tongue.

Accelerator: Is already in the "hero road" he finally save his loli and finally evolve into an angel. Now to further evolve into a god.
Old 2010-11-05, 21:35   Link #6046
Miraluka
Banned

Spear of Longinus?
Epic Fail, Brunhild, her saint part betrayed her

Richard Brave, I read of him before, a strong character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post

And now that I've finally secured the last chapter of the Stiyl SS, I can start reading it from the start again.
That sound good, but how did you to do so? =3= <----*envious*

Will you share summaries about them?
Old 2010-11-05, 22:04   Link #6047
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know what I'm hoping? The DVD release for Index II would come with a Tsuchimikado SS

He's like one of characters with the most potential, yet was never really given a chance to shine.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:06   Link #6048
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That sound good, but how did you to do so? =3= <----*envious*

Will you share summaries about them?
It was impossible to find scans, as you probably know already. So I bought that issue used from Amazon. I also wanted to buy Dengeki h&p for that official joke chapter, but I was outbid, and I'm not crazy enough to pay more than 8000 yen for it.

Yes, I'll share summaries of the Stiyl SS.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:18   Link #6049
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, the last alterntative, eh? I'm currently saving money for this season if manages to fullfill my expectatives, but... rl issues.... I'm such a stingy person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You know what I'm hoping? The DVD release for Index II would come with a Tsuchimikado SS

He's like one of characters with the most potential, yet was never really given a chance to shine.
But this time will be Lessar's I think.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:33   Link #6050
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

But this time will be Lessar's I think.
Won't it be weird? Lessar hasn't even been introduced yet...
Old 2010-11-05, 22:41   Link #6051
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Won't it be weird? Lessar hasn't even been introduced yet...
The author is capricious it can't be helped .
Old 2010-11-05, 23:32   Link #6052
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I have a feeling that we'll meet Brunhilde very soon again, consider the Norse mages are going to take a bigger role now. Hmm... Ollerus, in his attempt to defeat Wōđinaz, now seeks the final rune and attacks the Necessarius for Brunhilde??
Old 2010-11-06, 00:20   Link #6053
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well the lvl 5s migth be part of a sephirot tree from aleisteir, after looking in wikipedia i found funny this, first part of the sephiroth tree: Keter"crown""hidden ligth"(accelerator) second:chochmah:"wisdom""first revelation-creation from nothingness" third binah:*understamding**the mother-feminine vessel that gives birth to emotions(this is practically what touma tells her for encouragement at the end of the sisters arc)*about the rest cant find much, but since the sephiroth is something that the real aleisteir incorpored to thelema i quess this is not a coincidence.
Old 2010-11-06, 01:58   Link #6054
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Fiamma: almost kick the buckets but a hax person vs a super hax person doesn't lead on total death plus his been converted by priest Touma and father Touma doesn't let anyone die. Receiving blessings but still no right hand and uncontrollable 3rd arm. He has a long road ahead of him.

Aleister: would probably troll around while staying on his capsule. Appearing anywhere and go blast his rod. It's like having multiple bodies but even defeating one wouldn't lead on defeating it all. hax person is hax.

Aiwass: Together with Hyouka on the side lines (for now). Being a bystander or watcher is hard you know

Gabriel: in heaven and I wish he won't accidentally fall again.

Carissa: the second princess well she got her knight leader and would be probably leading the royal faction on the fight.

Aqua: a leaving legend. Being Shiage's bro lead him into a badass normal life. No magic, not a saint and only a blade on his hands.

Vento: she's still alive? needs new tongue.

Accelerator: Is already in the "hero road" he finally save his loli and finally evolve into an angel. Now to further evolve into a god.
The bolded parts sound so, so wrong....

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Crowley is probably a pawn in aiwass's plan.

Which is highly certain....Crowley owes his status to Aiwass after all...
Old 2010-11-06, 02:15   Link #6055
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
And yet Dorm Manager could pwn them all.
Old 2010-11-06, 06:12   Link #6056
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The bolded parts sound so, so wrong....
Now cleanse your mind cosmic it would help.

I wonder what would be the reaction of the students when the parameter list is revealed. Or rather I wonder how can Shiage get his hands on it.
Old 2010-11-06, 12:47   Link #6057
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
And yet Dorm Manager could pwn them all.
Dorm Manager: The Neck Cracker!!!!
All villians: WTF?!
Old 2010-11-06, 15:43   Link #6058
pikachuwei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Actually, Hyouka and Accelerator.....I don't know who's stronger....no definite proof. Hyouka fared better against Gabriel. Accelerator after going White Wings managed to tank the Eurasia annihilating shot of Fianma....

It is clear though that the human she's heavily implying in her warning to Aiwass is Accelerator.

You know what would be the best KO for Aleister? Vasilissa soaking up everything he throws at her like nothing, then finally she eats him. Literally....
Accel would have beaten FUZE in a fight, he could manipulate all her attacks. Besides, that was just in base. With Darkwing or Angel mode Accel should be able to put on a good fight as well. Plus Gabriel didnt use Sweep on Fuze, and both fuze and accel were able to knock gabriel back anyway.

i doubt Vasilissa would be able to beat aleister. if she had that sort of power she could have gone and stopped Fiamna herself.
Old 2010-11-06, 20:25   Link #6059
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

A new translator, Kwei, has started translating parts of volume 1, currently has 30% of chapter 2 done.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume1_Chapter_2

He says he's likely to only work on the earlier novels, which is fine. Now, if we could just get another translator to work on vols 14-20, since Teh Ping seems to be in a pinch right now and Joay is already on vol 15.
Old 2010-11-06, 20:51   Link #6060
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
Accel would have beaten FUZE in a fight, he could manipulate all her attacks. Besides, that was just in base. With Darkwing or Angel mode Accel should be able to put on a good fight as well. Plus Gabriel didnt use Sweep on Fuze, and both fuze and accel were able to knock gabriel back anyway.

i doubt Vasilissa would be able to beat aleister. if she had that sort of power she could have gone and stopped Fiamna herself.
Accelerator's attacks were not having much effect on Gabriel, even before Sweep.

Add to that, that during the final coup de grace, Kazakiri needed to use some of her power to protect Accelerator else he'd been blown apart by the detonating Gabriel.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen