AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 09:06   Link #261
tsunade666

it just show that the imouto's lack emotions but as the story goes they grow to show emotions. So its natural to have that kind of eyes that show no emotions.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 10:20   Link #262
Tabasco

And it helps to differentiate the two. But tsunade is right, you see that kind of blank eyes sometimes when a character is under outside influence or otherwise not their natural self.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 08:51   Link #263
ReddyRedWolf

For shame Mikoto isn't being discussed.

Just to add my two cents of the current media portrayal of Mikoto.

Anime- Currently Mikoto is naive and idealistic. To the point she unintetionally hurts feelings.

Manga- Cynical and angry. But unlike Harumi she wont harm people (except Accelerator but she couldn't) so she puts herself in danger to accomplish her goal. Basically she is at the same spot as Harumi guilt ridden.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-08, 11:52   Link #264
tsunade666

given that she will lead into harumi guilt ridden type. If we follow the not so trustworthy time line of railgun. Maybe she will realize herself being like harumi.

Oh btw is it just me or in the anime I just saw the " bear " the bear where she hides the level 6 project with the use of imouto clones.
Old 2010-03-11, 09:18   Link #265
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Oh btw is it just me or in the anime I just saw the " bear " the bear where she hides the level 6 project with the use of imouto clones.
Yeah, you mean Kirugumar? Yeah, it's one of Mikoto's favorites before she got into Gekota mode, I think...? Hence the stationary set Kuroko outbidded for 10,000(?) yen in that auction, since she knew Mikoto owned them and donated them for said auction.

Same character... glad to see it in Railgun too btw.

Well, I like how the Railgun mangaka illustrates/portrays Mikoto... makes her look kickass and everything... anime makes her moe, childish and tsundere all over and only little of that cool kickass attitude I wanted.
Avegaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 05:44   Link #266
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

is she wearing pantsu under her pantsu?
That would be wearing a boxer then wearing some shorts and then wearing a kilt.
Old 2010-03-16, 07:46   Link #267
tsunade666

no she's not wearing pantsu under pantsu. She's just wearing short pantsu and if its torn apart you could guess on what to see.
Old 2010-03-16, 08:58   Link #268
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:
no she's not wearing pantsu under pantsu. She's just wearing short pantsu and if its torn apart you could guess on what to see.
how do you know so sure?
Old 2010-03-16, 09:38   Link #269
Ashaman

I thought she was just waering shorts over her pantsu, and a skirt over them.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 09:48   Link #270
Welgaia

Episode 2 showed that she actually owns pantsu, so she uses I presume. o_o
Welgaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 10:35   Link #271
tsunade666

who knows..... trying to understand a girls mind is out of question for a hikikomori like me. well if you look at doujin then its all just pantsu...
Old 2010-03-17, 09:01   Link #272
Ashaman

quick question. What does Misaka refer to Touma as. First name, last name, that guy. What?

Sorry if it is a strange question, but something similar discussed on the touma forum got me thinking
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 09:21   Link #273
Miraluka
Banned

Far I remember, he always says somthing like "hey you(anatawa)"
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 13:06   Link #274
tsunade666

......... I can't recall mikoto calling touma his name name either family name or name. Wilfri is right. Mikoto always refer to touma as " hey you ". if his not talking to touma or just asking about him it. She still not doesn't say the name.
Old 2010-03-17, 14:00   Link #275
LockeManuel

Always "Anata!" (in the anime version "anta" if i recall correctly)
Old 2010-03-17, 14:20   Link #276
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
......... I can't recall mikoto calling touma his name name either family name or name. Wilfri is right. Mikoto always refer to touma as " hey you ". if his not talking to touma or just asking about him it. She still not doesn't say the name.
I don't think the whole month(?) Biri-Biri was chasing Touma she got a name. Hence "Hey You!".

If we if ignore the Railgun anime the first time they really got acquainted with names and met again was the Sisters arc. By that time Touma lost all memory of Biri-Biri. But he is correct in guessing this is somebody who knew him. Touma was like "What sick person I was beating up a middle school girl?".

On the other hand Mikoto realized how much she loves the bloke when she accidentally found out Touma's memory loss. To her the previous Touma and the present Touma is the same person regardless if he remembers his past.

Course this affair all began with hoodlums hitting on Mikoto with her thinking an ordinary passerby won't bother to help even if they knew it is wrong. It is how the world works. She'll ended electrifying that bunch with Kuroko late again probably. Then this perfect stranger with plan tries to extract her from the mess pretending to be her boyfriend. Which she shoots down much to this stranger's complaint of ruining his plan. It was as if he was going on preaching mode but comments on Mikoto's modest assets calling her a kid. Thunder Shock in retaliation for such foul mouth. All the thugs layed crispy on the ground but this guy with his right hand stretched forth was unaffected looking badass and cool. From that night she was intrigued by this stranger. Feeling like Superman restricted by a world of cardboard here was a guy whom she can finally let lose her full power. Finally a challenge. As she got to know him more she realizes this guy was a Chronic Hero. She fell in love with him as time went by. She didn't understood it herself it is part of the reason why she keeps pestering him.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 14:54   Link #277
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I don't think the whole month(?) Biri-Biri was chasing Touma she got a name. Hence "Hey You!".

On the other hand Mikoto realized how much she loves the bloke when she accidentally found out Touma's memory loss. To her the previous Touma and the present Touma is the same person regardless if he remembers his past.
I think she realized that she love the block head in vol 16 and learn of memory erase in vol 14. But even so even after that vol she still calling him "hey you" what a lovely couple
Old 2010-03-17, 18:59   Link #278
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

If it's anything to go by, Anta is a shortened form of Anata which has the double meaning "Hey, Dear/Darling."
Old 2010-03-17, 18:59   Link #279
Miraluka
Banned

Thats sounds more like an obsession in that way...

BTW, in the recent translations she also calls Touma "that idiot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If it's anything to go by, Anta is a shortened form of Anata which has the double meaning "Hey, Dear/Darling."
I'm very sure both sounds a bit similiar but the pronounciation is different.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 07:30   Link #280
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

anta hey you anata hubbie